Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Motto posted:

Nonlinear Motion Stylish Combo Battle System games

I like this one. Sounds like something Kojima would come up with, though.

Zone of the Enders was "High Speed Robot Action"

Metal Gear Solid was "Tactical Espionage Action"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

What's the most groan worthy genre bullshit out there? Thinking something like 'Open world procedurally-generated survival-based indie metroidvania JRPG roguelike inspired by Dark Souls with crafting.'

except they're half naked 12 year old girls

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

Nah, that's just called Revengeance, because it's a game where you get revenge against a Ray.

groan

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Tales of Berseria: Angry Heelblade Kicking Action

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

retro turn-based rpg inspired by snes classics like chrono trigger and final fantasy

You know that video game you loved because it was inspired and unique and wasn't afraid to try new things? Well our game is going to copy it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

You know that video game you loved because it was inspired and unique and wasn't afraid to try new things? Well our game is going to copy it

I am Setsuna would have been a better game if it copied more, honestly. Like not making skills based on random drops or making other random superfluous poo poo happen maybe sometimes.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Idea Factory stepped up their advertising game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZA9MYDHfac

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

taking this for the Nep thread

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Policenaut posted:

What's the most groan worthy genre bullshit out there? Thinking something like 'Open world procedurally-generated survival-based indie metroidvania JRPG roguelike inspired by Dark Souls with crafting.'

Did anyone post "FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Battleborn Heroes!"

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Idea Factory's stuff makes me feel better about buying Conception II.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Ubisoft Presents

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
yeah that definitely be watcha-0p[dkaspdkas-dogs 2

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Swerve! Bandai Namco updates press release for Digimon World: Next Order, confirms Vita release alongside PS4.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Baal posted:

This is the Digimon game that's getting a dub btw, not the one that everyone liked and had fun playing

it's probably getting a dub because people liked cyber sleuth so much

so it'll be funny when nobody likes this one because it's digimon world and poor sales cause the real follow up to cs to never leave japan

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

I will buy this, begrudgingly. Did they say if it was going to be digital only like Cyber Sleuth was?

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I will buy this, begrudgingly. Did they say if it was going to be digital only like Cyber Sleuth was?

quote:

In both North America and Europe, it will be released physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, and digitally for PS Vita.

Digital only.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Manatee Cannon posted:

so it'll be funny when nobody likes this one because it's digimon world and poor sales cause the real follow up to cs to never leave japan

i hate this because it's true. digimon world is a scourge upon the world.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

retro turn-based rpg inspired by snes classics like chrono trigger and final fantasy

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

No bad-mouthing the Atelier series in this thread.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

No bad-mouthing the Atelier series in this thread.

I'll badmouth Atelier Rorona all I want. :colbert:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It got a Plus version and it's now good fine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i think it's hosed up ronona is not allowed to make pies (?) like she wants to

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So Bandai Namco USA is apparently retarded? Digimon World: Next Order is back to being PS4-exclusive. Who knows what's happening at this point.

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
After seeing how Bandai Namco EU handed God Eater compared to Bandai Namco USA, I got the feeling that they didn't really care anymore.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Policenaut posted:

So Bandai Namco USA is apparently retarded? Digimon World: Next Order is back to being PS4-exclusive. Who knows what's happening at this point.

Having worked with bamco usa, yes, they are mentally deficient.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Policenaut posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/776600879919165440

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

leper khan posted:

Having worked with bamco usa, yes, they are mentally deficient.

Do you have any hot hot stories

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Idea Factory's stuff makes me feel better about buying Conception II.

The actual content of most Neptunia games (that aren't U) isn't anywhere near as skeezy as Conception II or even Senran Kagura, really. Still plenty of fanservice but I wouldn't say it's the main focus of the games, the main focus is dumb anime and video game jokes with the occassional fourth wall breaking

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Nep games aren't as bad as Conception 2 is, either. At least, after the first game.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Baal posted:

Do you have any hot hot stories

"No one knew we were running out of money."
-producer, bamco usa

So.. Yes, but I'd need a few beers.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

Digimon World is a name that actually sells.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

leper khan posted:

"No one knew we were running out of money."
-producer, bamco usa

So.. Yes, but I'd need a few beers.

Lmao, awesome

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

al-azad posted:

Digimon World is a name that actually sells.

to who

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not selling to me that's for sure.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

all the people that already bought cyber sleuth because it was called digimon

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

imo I think the only game I play on my vita when I bring it around is persona 4 and killzone mercenary

killzone mercenary being the best handheld fps ever made (let me know if I'm wrong or not)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like if you bought cyber sleuth, there is a 90% chance you already know that digimon world was a bad game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It doesn't have a lot of competition to be honest.

The GBA port of Doom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I was going to say "Best Killzone game" but I realized that's about as impressive as being the best handheld fps