Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

This got an actual lol from me from what I think was the actual intended reason. What's going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!
It's All Right Chief Dharma

I just realized there's so much white space in these new ones that I could easily make bilingual versions, but it might look weird in cases where a panel has both dialogue and narration. Anyone have a preference?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

I just realized there's so much white space in these new ones that I could easily make bilingual versions, but it might look weird in cases where a panel has both dialogue and narration. Anyone have a preference?

I'm fine either way.

Thanks again for doing these :)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set isn't worried about the future.

Working Daze read about that thing that happened.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix talks to the hand.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 16, 2016

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True (July, 1915)

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

Good Time Guy (click for big) (August, 1930)

And that's it for GTG. The source is gone and I couldn't find another. It didn't fit well with how I pull comics - with big gaps in available newspapers. Still, I'll miss the word play.

Banana Oil!

The Gay Thirties (January 1935)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignacy_Jan_Paderewski ??

They’ll Do It Everytime (December 1939)

Mopsy (June, 1940)

Feiffer (click for big) (1967)

*sigh*

Jaf

Andy Capp (click for big) (September , 1970)

Mr. Tweedy (August, 1970)

Wee Pals (click for big) (October 1970)

Dick Tracy (July 2009)

I like the coloring here - it's fun.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Adam Ames

jiminy crispy, this comic

Between Shots

(if anyone is willig to red and rover this one I'd appreciate it, 'cause the only reading I can think of is that it turns out "his girl" is a prostitute.)

Off-ish Hours

Ella Cinders

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Trilobite posted:

Well, gently caress, apparently it's moving around; so much for my first theory.

Tunicate's probably right and it's a dream sequence. Or maybe some "Jacob's Ladder" thing.

Please let it be like Jacob's Ladder. I know it won't be but it would be wonderful.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Between Shots

(if anyone is willig to red and rover this one I'd appreciate it, 'cause the only reading I can think of is that it turns out "his girl" is a prostitute.)

Looks like she has a lot of photos/boyfriends?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Between Shots

Nah, she just can't say no to a soldier.

The server crapped out again once I got past this Pogo, so here we are again, not catching up. (September 8, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (May 19-22, 1955)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 16, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Green Intern posted:

Looks like she has a lot of photos/boyfriends?

This is the girl Prince sang about in Little Red Corvette.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

You would think that a multi-millionaire would have better furniture in his featureless void.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Old Phantom is just so damned fun.

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Aardmania posted:

Did you mean this one?

That's the one. Although I seem to recall there was a panel where the lettering wasn't so clear (I'm not talking about the edit though).

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

"Run, Jassim you dog, run! We are coming to bump you!"

I can't stop giggling at that line.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

:fireman: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d3112c5eabf5428b918f68fa12cb8f67/one-books-novelist-runs-fiery-home-laptop

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

It's just like the movie Frequency!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Big Nate

The school doesn't have a PA system?

The Dogs of C-Kennel

Huh? :confused:

F-Minus

Hey, so do I!

Fred Basset

Nice job, colourists.

Frog Applause

Ginger Meggs

Heart of the City

Judge Parker

Kliban

Moose and Molly

Office Hours

Pickles

Ziggy

Zits

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

But he just reposted stuff that the marketing team already posted?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

The Dogs of C-Kennel

He's got chickenpox? :shrug:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

But he just reposted stuff that the marketing team already posted?
The lesson: don't hire the Saints Row marketing team for your big movie.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Tiggum posted:

Big Nate, The Dogs of C-Kennel, F-Minus, Fred Basset, Frog Applause, Ginger Meggs, Heart of the City, Judge Parker, Kliban. Moose and Molly, Office Hours, Pickles, Ziggy, and Zits

Is your goal to smother us all with an ungodly amount of lovely comics?

Here's a palette cleanser:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

The lesson: don't hire the Saints Row marketing team for your big movie.

Or the terminator guys

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

He's got chickenpox? :shrug:

Literally henpecked.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

treasureplane posted:

Nancy (October 7, 1943)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLUBbWZk15k

quote:

9 Chickweed Lane

I like this dad.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

One of my weird "stupid girly bullshit" quirks is that I will accept a wedding dress montage in any format, even if it's in a horrible strip like Luann. A3G promised me a wedding dress montage once, but I was denied by the disinterest of Frank Bolle. I'm still bitter. DO NOT SCREW ME ON THIS, EVANSES.

quote:

In the dim distant past I went shopping with women.
What an experience. I did not like it.
Will the dress be fireproof to withstand the fireworks?
BTW, please please please get rid of TJ.

quote:

IamJayBluE said, 1 day ago
“A Dress, To Impress”
“…To Know A Veil”
“All You Need Is Gloves…” (♪♫)
“A Bodice Odyssey”
“A Tailor, In Two Cities”
“From A Prop-osition Of Strength”
“Another Fab-ric In The Halls” (♪)
“Is There Never A Brid-al Moment”
“Pretty Maids, All In A Shopping Row”
“Catch Ya On The Spree Bound”
“Degroot, Of All Retrieval”
“Material Girls” (♫)
“Common Threads”
or
“In-Laws, We Trust”

quote:

This is so sweet, and actually pretty close again as to what happens. The difference is here TJ gets to plan a lot of the wedding, and hopefully Brad will keep him from going over the top with the arrangements, but the wedding dress and the Maid of Honor, and her mom (since Toni does not have one anymore) are extremely important. It’s a ritual, at least in heterosexual weddings which iin my experience as the groom is almost sacred. I wonder how different or the same it would be in female same sex marriages, given they would want a traditional wedding dress. Or would they?. Anyone can spread some serious knowledge on that? By the way I bet Pru will come in somewhere to help. And also on a different but related subject, I must point out that who else would be a best man but TJ for those of you who raise this totally illogical subject? How many male friends of Brad have been introduced in this strip? There are males here, but only one constant best bud. Anyway, one awaits to see what will transpire with the dress, always a big thing.

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, about 22 hours ago
@TEMPLO S.U.D.
“but who get to watch Shannon” she may not want to look at wedding dresses"
@luannfan1212
“Shannon is not with Toni 24 hours a day even Luannverse.”
Let’s See:
FIRST Some NAMELESS Wedding Planner and Old Smiley, Now Luann and Nancy.
Now All We ‘NEED’ Is Input from Frank, Gunther, Tiffany Knute, Crystal, Bernice, Delta, Oxford, the Gang from College, Professor Zebo, Ms. Maseon (?) the Entire Town of Pitts Fire Department, the Staff of the Fuse and Shannon, (WHEEZE) and WE Can get This “Wedding Show” on the Road!
And Please Gaw, during the Wedding Ceremony, when it gets to the “If ANYONE Objects to this Union” part, have Long Lost Diane Show Up and Loudly OBJECT!
……Just for FUN, Of Course……

quote:

This could be an interesting development in the arc. I suspect both Luann and Mrs. DeGroot will be helpful and respectful in shopping with Toni for her dress. If Shannon goes, I also suspect that (at least for a while), she will be enamored with looking at the dresses, and will perhaps try on Flower Girl dresses as well.

The one aspect about today’s comic to me, however, is Mrs. DeGroot’s “deer-in-the-headlight” expression in the last panel. Is it a) simply meant to indicate surprise and concern at Luann’s vague statement, or is it b) perhaps an indication of something more?

If by chance it is “something more”, to my read of her expression, it may be a look of concern on her face if she already overheard Luann talk about wedding dress shopping. Perhaps Mrs. DeGroot is a bit nervous because there were a few times in the past when she and Toni did not see quite “eye-to-eye” and now Mrs. Degroot is thinking maybe she should not go shopping to avoid conflict…. or at the very least, she may be thinking she wants to be careful and be sure to be supportive of Toni’s decisions?

But, in my overall analysis…. I suspect Mrs. DeGroot’s expression is more likely than not just a reflection about the vagueness of Luann’s statement.

fort knox

Flying Mccoys

Dustin

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

I guess they really hate all of Sophie's bandmates.

mwdan
Feb 7, 2004

Webbed Blobs

Tiggum posted:

The Dogs of C-Kennel

He's been HENpecked

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Reading up on what that means, I kinda prefer my guess.

tiercel
Apr 22, 2008

Can you have an active volcano on a coral atoll? Doesn't that more or less violate the definition of an atoll?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They found Sophie! The rest of her body is still missing though.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

According to Ces, the reporter is supposed to be black and the outsourced colorists screwed it up.

Edit:
Also

:effort:

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 16, 2016

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Aleph Null posted:

According to Ces, the reporter is supposed to be black and the outsourced colorists screwed it up.

Daily Colorist &*$%s Up Again (Racial Identity Edition)

Ces dared and was denied :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Some Guy TT posted:

I think a version with both would be pretty neat.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Judge Parker

:golfclap:

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Tiggum posted:

Moose and Molly

Skimming over this, I at first had the impression that this was the world easiest (or hardest) "Spot the Difference" cartoon. I guess because it's Bob Weber and Bob Weber Jr. have such similar styles, and Jr. often does spot the differences in Slylock Fox.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Tiggum posted:

The Dogs of C-Kennel

I think the joke here is that he is clearly not a rooster but has his feathers arranged to resemble a comb and a rooster's tail. Like he was trying to attract a hen

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Some Guy TT posted:

Is there a reason why Hyeh-ran begins so many of her sentences with "Gee"? I'm guessing it's a Korean quirk that doesn't really translate because it sounds odd in English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tiggum posted:

Judge Parker

I see that.

Since F Minus was already posted:

Mary Worth

SOB! again

Rex Morgan MD

I seriously thought they hinted earlier that Jordan was gay. Maybe that was before Beatty took full control though. Why he would want to retcon that though I don't know. Eh, I'm probably either mistaken or reading too much into one strip.

I did go to his blog to see if anything was there and there wasn't, but he did say that last week the woman who thanked Rex for saving her from drowning was a completely new story that never actually happened in the comic. He just made up that Rex had saved that woman at some point in the past.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

That's a federal offense!

• Locked thread