Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!

Miss Fire from Malifaux, and William Wallace and 4 Neoterran Bolts from Infinity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Thanks Germ, I will enjoy it! Thanks for sponsoring the competition, and thanks Oath Thread :peanut:

Yea! Glad to hear it arrived. Now Oath it and get it painted, you layabout!

INSERT OBLIGATORY PLUG ABOUT HERE

Speaking of which.... Only about. Two weeks left! Get your goon-made resin goodness on Kickstarter while the getting is good!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/resin-wargaming-scenery-and-terrain-ancient-ruins

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Shame about shipping out of the US being so expensive, those ruins would have been perfect for a desert board I'm working on.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

NTRabbit posted:

Cheevos, sheet to the left of May

Ahhhh well I guess I eventually could have done the 2+2 there...

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 6 Pride Abominations, 1 Pride Controller, and 1 Avatar of Pride in the month of September! (CMoN)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath six Imperial Knights Lancer, one Imperial Knight Baron (EPIC! GW) and two DAK soldiers (28mm, Perry miniatures).

(The timestamp is from yesterday, I had some phone problems.)

I think that the DAK guys should qualify me for the rudely named Phillip K. Dick contest, since I got confused and thought I had to read Man in the High Castle. Holy poo poo, Africa. :stare:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Oath addition

I am adding 1 Warmachine warcaster Kommander Harkevich, and 1 lance of Capellan battlemechs from the Battletech intro box as well as from various Battletech alpha strike lance packs. A Raven, a Vindicator, a Catapult, and a Cataphract. I think these guys are supposed to be 5mm scale? Whatever the scale Epic 40k is, it's roughly the same.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I, Yeast, oath 8 Sisters of Battle and an Immolator for the month of September

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Oath Complete

Claiming the Jurnal because... well, it's yellow. I decided taxi rather than school bus though.

It's also a conversion, in case that matters, for the magnet mod on the manoeuvring fins.

Might make an addition later on, I have the model waiting which I primed ready for August and didn't have time to complete.

(It's Korben's taxi from 5th Element. And I don't loving know what happened to the white balance on some of these, it was fine on most of them)

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Sep 11, 2016

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Electric Hobo posted:

:siren: AUGUST PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: SCHMETTERLING!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: LAZYANGEL!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: LAZYANGEL!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

Mail sent, hopefully should hear back from Krushgroove about the Q4 prize I won from the last thread...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September 2016:
3 Goff Rokkerz and 1 converted Mega Armour Big Mek, 28mm by GW
6 Goblin Rock Bande members, 28mm by Hungry Troll
'Toad, Punk Rocker' and Griffon, 28mm by Reaper

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Signal posted:

Oath!

Miss Fire from Malifaux, and William Wallace and 4 Neoterran Bolts from Infinity

Arson Fire posted:

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 6 Pride Abominations, 1 Pride Controller, and 1 Avatar of Pride in the month of September! (CMoN)

moths posted:

I, moths, oath six Imperial Knights Lancer, one Imperial Knight Baron (EPIC! GW) and two DAK soldiers (28mm, Perry miniatures).

(The timestamp is from yesterday, I had some phone problems.)

I think that the DAK guys should qualify me for the rudely named Phillip K. Dick contest, since I got confused and thought I had to read Man in the High Castle. Holy poo poo, Africa. :stare:

chutche2 posted:

Oath addition

I am adding 1 Warmachine warcaster Kommander Harkevich, and 1 lance of Capellan battlemechs from the Battletech intro box as well as from various Battletech alpha strike lance packs. A Raven, a Vindicator, a Catapult, and a Cataphract. I think these guys are supposed to be 5mm scale? Whatever the scale Epic 40k is, it's roughly the same.

Yeast posted:

I, Yeast, oath 8 Sisters of Battle and an Immolator for the month of September

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September 2016:
3 Goff Rokkerz and 1 converted Mega Armour Big Mek, 28mm by GW
6 Goblin Rock Bande members, 28mm by Hungry Troll
'Toad, Punk Rocker' and Griffon, 28mm by Reaper

Approved!

thespaceinvader posted:

Oath Complete

Claiming the Jurnal because... well, it's yellow. I decided taxi rather than school bus though.

It's also a conversion, in case that matters, for the magnet mod on the manoeuvring fins.

Might make an addition later on, I have the model waiting which I primed ready for August and didn't have time to complete.

(It's Korben's taxi from 5th Element. And I don't loving know what happened to the white balance on some of these, it was fine on most of them)

That thing looks super rad,you've done a good job on the Yellow. Kinda makes me want to dig out my hotwheels and finally get around to painting up the battle taxi gang.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 5 Space Marine Scouts for the game of Lost Patrol (GW, 28mm)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Zark the Damned posted:

That thing looks super rad,you've done a good job on the Yellow. Kinda makes me want to dig out my hotwheels and finally get around to painting up the battle taxi gang.

=) thanks

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath! 2 demons and a Haqqislam Starter Pack (6 guys).
The demons are from Fantasy Flight, the rest are Corvus Belli.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath complete! Claiming theme challenge and I rolled a 6 for the plaid they are all wearing and for the ball marker.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
I, Hogge Wild, after almost 20 years of not painting, oath 7 High Elf Spearmen (by Citadel Miniatures, 28mm), and one early 90s scifi soldier (by some unknown manufacturer, the bottom says Prince BT Bitume, about 28mm)

Spearmen have been converted to Seaguards and have bow & quiver and shield made from greenstuff and have a black basecoat.

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007
I, LewdMonocle, Oath 3 Corvus Belli Infinity models 28mm

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Does Iris of Ether still post? Tried to PM some grab bag additions but never heard back.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Uroboros posted:

Does Iris of Ether still post? Tried to PM some grab bag additions but never heard back.

On a similar note, has anyone heard from Krushgroove? No reply yet to email or PMs.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Could kick myself. I've finally got round to priming my Oath for this month, sat down and thought "Oh I'll just top up the white before my photo". Then put a wash on it to start painting. Zark, would I still be able to oath this, either as is or using the cheevo?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
So, whoever decided that this month's theme would be yellow? Yeah, gently caress that guy. I'm soaking my poo poo in SuperClean right now because I couldn't get an even enough coat with full coverage without everything looking like thin_your_paints.jpg. Time to crack out the airbrush and be super careful with the black/NMM parts, I guess. Grrrr :argh:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Ilor posted:

So, whoever decided that this month's theme would be yellow? Yeah, gently caress that guy. I'm soaking my poo poo in SuperClean right now because I couldn't get an even enough coat with full coverage without everything looking like thin_your_paints.jpg. Time to crack out the airbrush and be super careful with the black/NMM parts, I guess. Grrrr :argh:

This is why its called a 'challenge'. ;)

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Ilor posted:

Prime white and wash/ glaze to effect.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
OATH COMPLETE!

No theme or anything; there's not enough yellow on the chainsword to justify the theme and I wasn't gonna go ahead and paint Imperial Fists :v:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

1 Sogarat and 7 Morat Vanguard from Corvus Belli/Infinity

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

Ilor posted:

Time to crack out the airbrush and be super careful with the black/NMM parts, I guess. Grrrr :argh:

I haven't tried this, but I hear you can mask the parts you want not to be airbrushed with putty of some sort. Like I say, haven't tried it myself, but seems like a good way not to mess up your black/NMM :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Sorry for the delay!

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 5 Space Marine Scouts for the game of Lost Patrol (GW, 28mm)

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath! 2 demons and a Haqqislam Starter Pack (6 guys).
The demons are from Fantasy Flight, the rest are Corvus Belli.

Hogge Wild posted:

I, Hogge Wild, after almost 20 years of not painting, oath 7 High Elf Spearmen (by Citadel Miniatures, 28mm), and one early 90s scifi soldier (by some unknown manufacturer, the bottom says Prince BT Bitume, about 28mm)

Spearmen have been converted to Seaguards and have bow & quiver and shield made from greenstuff and have a black basecoat.

LewdMonocle posted:

I, LewdMonocle, Oath 3 Corvus Belli Infinity models 28mm

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!

1 Sogarat and 7 Morat Vanguard from Corvus Belli/Infinity

Approved!

Scowny posted:

Could kick myself. I've finally got round to priming my Oath for this month, sat down and thought "Oh I'll just top up the white before my photo". Then put a wash on it to start painting. Zark, would I still be able to oath this, either as is or using the cheevo?

I guess it depends on the level of wash and whether you've done different colours, personally I'd say a single wash'd be about the same level of pre-preparing as a zenithal undercoat so it's be OK with me.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

I Nichol hereby oath this (old) gw assassin something aomething for the month of September.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Nichol posted:

I Nichol hereby oath this (old) gw assassin something aomething for the month of September.

Speed is only once a year ya? Well speedpainted nonetheless.

Also challenge cuz I guess he is yellow. So, so yellow.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Frostgrave gnoll by North Star / Osprey Games

Trying one small model this month to hopefully get it done to a decent quality without burning out.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Because I'm a moron who hasn't even started his current oath so this can't possibly go wrong, I, Flipswitch, add an addition to my oath with two Lima-Class Frigates for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
For September, I Indolent Bastard oath 2 Infinity Caledonian Volunteers from Corvus Beli.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Nichol posted:

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Frostgrave gnoll by North Star / Osprey Games

Trying one small model this month to hopefully get it done to a decent quality without burning out.

Flipswitch posted:

Because I'm a moron who hasn't even started his current oath so this can't possibly go wrong, I, Flipswitch, add an addition to my oath with two Lima-Class Frigates for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames.

Indolent Bastard posted:

For September, I Indolent Bastard oath 2 Infinity Caledonian Volunteers from Corvus Beli.

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Also, Oath Completed

Big Mek resplendent in his Yellow Mega Armour.

Goff Rokkers.

Goblin support band.

A Punk Rocker. And because Punks Love DIck so much he's even wearing a Tyrell Corporation shirt for a bonus point!

Insert joke about a pea and a tear here.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Zark the Damned posted:

I guess it depends on the level of wash and whether you've done different colours, personally I'd say a single wash'd be about the same level of pre-preparing as a zenithal undercoat so it's be OK with me.
Meant to Oath this when you replied, and thought "Oh I'll do it in the morning". And then SA got DDoS'd! Anyway, it was just a single wash, I'll oath it, let's see if it's ok:
I, Scowny, Oath this GW 28mm Space Marine Captain for the month of September

I've been working on it anyway, was aiming to make it an Imperial Fist. Yellow is hard but worth it!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Making an OATH ADDITION: one TIE/sf fighter by Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270(ish) scale.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I should probably get off my backside and oath something sooner rather than later, the whole 'paint something yellow' is leaving new cooks though so still not sure what.

It may end up just being a single epic scale land raider at this point in time :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Scowny posted:

Meant to Oath this when you replied, and thought "Oh I'll do it in the morning". And then SA got DDoS'd! Anyway, it was just a single wash, I'll oath it, let's see if it's ok:
I, Scowny, Oath this GW 28mm Space Marine Captain for the month of September

I've been working on it anyway, was aiming to make it an Imperial Fist. Yellow is hard but worth it!

thespaceinvader posted:

Making an OATH ADDITION: one TIE/sf fighter by Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270(ish) scale.

Approved!

• Locked thread