Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Taiso posted:

I was watching with baited breath. Wanted to witness a live vac ban.
I think there's only one instance of that happening, at least in a pro game; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir6ByYBW6e8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Demostrs posted:

nice la, im looking forward to going to the lan

edit: rofl its at the national western complex, i know i was making the debate with you that denver has good venues that dreamhack could use but i went there last year for riot fest and it was pretty loving bad. i am looking forward to see how they actually do it considering half the dirt in colorado is there

we were all really hyped about Denver AND Austin but our friends in Denver pretty much said the same thing, the surrounding area is not good at all especially when you compare it to Austin which is right on loving 6th street.

I'm disappointed.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I think it'd make more sense for valve to put all the pro players on a list and if they get a vac to quietly blackmail the team or else get they go public with the vac and are humiliated and booted from the circuit. If for no other reason that money is involved.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Photex posted:

we were all really hyped about Denver AND Austin but our friends in Denver pretty much said the same thing, the surrounding area is not good at all especially when you compare it to Austin which is right on loving 6th street.

I'm disappointed.

i'm gamer.

for real, it may not be a great venue but the fact is we're getting three different dreamhack tournaments in the usa so i'm not disappointed at all.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Clutching an esea 1v4 with a m249, good feeling

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

Clutching an esea 1v4 with a m249, good feeling
Accidental buy or did you just have that much confidence with the most neglected gun in the game?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

symbolic posted:

Accidental buy or did you just have that much confidence with the most neglected gun in the game?

The latter. I love playing with 'gimmick' guns.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

https://fat.gfycat.com/AccurateAncientFennecfox.webm

I expect this to happen every single time we play cbble now

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hell yeah

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
To bad his dad doesn't work at valve

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

that has to be a troll

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Sincerely the father

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hey its me his father

no it's not

yes

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
weekly league trip report: 16-4 and 16-7 in today's matches, overpass and cbble

reverted to stretched 4:3 1280x960 after a few months of 1080p and i'm fukken back

lastly played my first mm game in forever to restore my inactive rank, noticed I've had a ~perfect run~ in my last 8

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
1. John 5:7
But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'

sincerely, the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

pls unban

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Bohemian Nights posted:

weekly league trip report: 16-4 and 16-7 in today's matches, overpass and cbble

Pls post scoreboard

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Depths posted:

Pls post scoreboard

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Never play 16:9

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

;-*

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ArfJason posted:

1. John 5:7
But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'

sincerely, the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

pls unban

Hahaha

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I've had cheaters in my last six or seven mm games. Not especially subtle ones either, On one level its kind of funny to watch a guy try to prefire too early on zero info on an off angle on another I don't get these people and wish they could just have fun playing a videogame normally.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Valve doesn't do poo poo to try and stop people from hacking. Sure they dish out a ban here and there but then they always buy a new copy so why would Valve want that money train to quit rolling?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Got an ace today and loving lost. I hate pubbies.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Shahzam about to carry EchoFox across the finish line and eliminate Liquid from E-League season 2

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Welcome to the ZAM carry bitches

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

waiting for Shah to post his hot takes on Twitter such as "That's why i'm the best awper in NA"

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
We just had a goonstack vs a guy that was pretty likely trigger botting. I'll try to watch the demo tonight or tomorrow but if valve did banning the same wag blizzard did (hardware id's) then hacking would stop being an issue real fast

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Luna Was Here posted:

We just had a goonstack vs a guy that was pretty likely trigger botting. I'll try to watch the demo tonight or tomorrow but if valve did banning the same wag blizzard did (hardware id's) then hacking would stop being an issue real fast

Why would they ban people via hardware IDs when each hacker is shelling out a minimum of 5 bucks for some lithuanian CS:GO copy? Vacbanning as many hackers as possible so they'll keep shelling out for a new copy every month is the way to go for Valve.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Party Plane Jones posted:

Why would they ban people via hardware IDs when each hacker is shelling out a minimum of 5 bucks for some lithuanian CS:GO copy?

so how Blizzard's Launcher works is it has a tool that used to be a seperate entity that is now built in that analyzes your computer's hardware and all of the little bits of data or whatever that they register as in your computers bios. It is believed (because not a lot is known about it) that part of Blizzard's Anti-Cheat is using these metrics to recognize someone who was banned previously and has bought a new copy of the game and is playing on the same pc and (regardless of whether or not they are hacking on the new account) bans them again. This is what I mean by Hardware ID, something that requires essentially a whole new computer to start hacking again, and is to much work for anything but the most dedicated hacker to try to circumvent

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Isn't a hardware id ban pretty easy to fool?

I don't really buy that valve just don't give a poo poo its just an impossible situation that lovely people take advantage of. Long term maybe prime will make it easier on people but it makes non prime a hellish ghetto for genuine new players. I also feel like with the vac wave going on there's a bunch of people who figured the account is going to be banned anyway, might as well take the gloves off and destroy these scrubs.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Goofballs posted:

Isn't a hardware id ban pretty easy to fool.

It is. It's why old versions of cheats from Organner would actually advertise that it had the ability to spoof hardware ID's while using the cheats, therefore subverting that ban technique all together. I wouldn't be surprised if other cheat providers (especially private ones) had beefed up the way it would spoof the IDs, or somehow make it even more advanced.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

You can spoof or manipulate 99.9% of things used to identify your computer, including, but not limited to: IP Address, MAC Address, serial numbers, hardware ID, and license keys, literally hundreds of other things.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

MF_James posted:

You can spoof or manipulate 99.9% of things used to identify your computer, including, but not limited to: IP Address, MAC Address, serial numbers, hardware ID, and license keys, literally hundreds of other things.

Isn't that why most anti-cheat looks for .exes?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Famethrowa posted:

Isn't that why most anti-cheat looks for .exes?

Well we were talking in relation to the method of the ban.

I mean, anti-cheats look for a lot of poo poo, known "malicious" exes would likely be part of it yes.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
https://oddshot.tv/shot/adreN_tv/UzqOIpfeOIpOb7hbXt0S8snI

hahah

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
CSGO 2016

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

What's this, the turning head hitbox bug? First bullet accuracy? Nothing in particular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Agoat posted:

Got an ace today and loving lost. I hate pubbies.

I'm awful and draggin' it down.