Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This series is completely allergic to writing out characters. There's no way Apollo's not back next game.

Considering the final scene had Phoenix talking with Thalassa about Apollo and Trucy's relationship, they'll probably, finally get around to that by AA7. Apollo still hasn't been accused of murder yet either. With him as the only defense attorney in Khura'in, he'll have to call Phoenix to jet over and save his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I'm on Case 5 and (Spoilers up to the beginning of Trial Day 2, also for JFA)I have to say, I didn't really get into Day 1's Trial, facing off with Phoenix was cool, but the whole trial felt kinda stupid to me, despite Armie and Paul having some great animations. The twist with Phoenix being blackmailed, again, with Maya, again, just felt like a rehash of that really good Matt Engarde case, but with less impact.

But holy poo poo Day 2. Edgeworth is here, Phoenix and Apollo lawyering at the same time, Dhurke is probably one of my favorite characters in the whole series, and GA'RAN HAS AN EVIL PROSECUTOR COSTUME CHANGE to boot Nahyuta out and go full Von Karma for the endgame. Things are about to get completely nuts and I love it.

This is basically just a post to vent the sheer amount of :vince: that is hitting me with this bit.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Just came in here to say I'm on Case 5 Trial Day 2 and what the gently caress the queen has a voiced objection?? DID SHE JUST TURN INTO A POWER RANGERS VILLAIN HOLY poo poo :psyduck:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Passed Trial 1 on Case 5. I so called Dhurke being husband to Queen Amara just the other day. This loving game. :stare:

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Sep 16, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actually the worst thing about Spirit of Justice is that they didn't play a remix of this during the final parts of case 5.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

case 4

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
OK. I'M TURNING OFF MY 3DS. IT'S AFTER 5 IN THE MORNING AND (START OF CASE 5 TRIAL 2) QUEEN GA'RAN JUST TURNED INTO A loving JPRG FINAL BOSS.

THIS loving GAME. :stare:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

cloofish posted:

Tell that to my friend Dick Gumshoe. :(

They still remember he exists at least, Case 5 spoilers:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Finished the game. Thought it was really good overall, especially case 5 which managed to be almost nonstop twists and turns with emotional impact. The entire premise for the game was a bit of a risk and I assumed it was going to be dumb going in but it actually seemed to work.

Whole game: We've talked about them not doing 3 day trials anymore, but it looks like they mostly abandoned 2 day trials for AA6. The only trials that go to a second day are 3 after you're found guilty and 5 which is really a completely different case. I assume it's to keep the trial intensity up and I do think it works very well in case 5.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
case 5 investigation 2 what the gently caress am I looking for in dhurke's peceive segment

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

alcharagia posted:

case 5 investigation 2 what the gently caress am I looking for in dhurke's peceive segment

Try checking his left sleeve.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
WHAT THE gently caress

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

alcharagia posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

You'll want to hold onto this for later

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm still undecided about which theme is better. i really like athena's objection music a lot (especially that it's orchestrated) but the regular cornered music has been stuck in my head too

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Apollo's theme is objectively the best one

Case 4: I really enjoyed that Athena got Owen's testimony to stand up and be critical information, you know that meant a lot to her character. Really speaks to her own progression as a character as well.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Apollo is objectively the best

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
case 5 trial 2: okay so I know we here on the something awful forums understand the idea of exaggeration. I've literally been laughing for over two minutes straight at Queen Ga'Ran's FINAL FORM. help me

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

alcharagia posted:

case 5 trial 2: okay so I know we here on the something awful forums understand the idea of exaggeration. I've literally been laughing for over two minutes straight at Queen Ga'Ran's FINAL FORM. help me

Reasonable reaction tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just wait.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

alcharagia posted:

it apparently only gets more ridiculous from there on in

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

alcharagia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWYJsTfahoA

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
god daMNIT I'M LAUGHING AGAIN gently caress

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

alcharagia posted:

god daMNIT I'M LAUGHING AGAIN gently caress

don't lose your head alcharagia

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Something that's interesting is that this is the main series game with the shortest timeframe. Usually a game would take place over the course of an entire year, but this game happens in like three weeks.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I guess the vacation justification for the setting wouldn't really make sense over a long time frame.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
God damnit until now I couldn't even hear the FINAL FORM remix of her theme over my laughter. gently caress. Hoooly poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I kinda like the shorter timeframe, it kinda allows for a stronger plot to flow through the entire game.

Edit: Also, another semi-interesting thing I saw when looking up the timeframe, this is the only game other than the first to present every one of its cases in chronological order.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 16, 2016

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Putting the cases out of order doesn't typically help the narrative at all, so I prefer them in chronological order. AA5 was especially bad about it since you had stuff like Athena suffering PTSD from Payne when she had already beaten Blackquill in court.

Also, I've just barely started case 5 and the plot has already decided to punch Apollo in the face. This poor boy just wants to have a normal life, drat it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm right at the end of Case 2 and just caught up on the thread (SO MANY BLACK BARS). I'm at the Thought Route segment, but got to it just as I was getting to work. So it has been an excruciating day wanting to play it, but being unable to.

The game is so good so far, I can't wait to see what in Case 5 is causing Waffleman_'s (and others') reactions. :allears:

I'm kind of annoyed at myself because I love this series, but still haven't finished DD, or played AJ at all. I also really couldn't get into AAI, I should give it another chance.

I wish/hope they'll localise the games which haven't been released in the West on the eShop or something.

e: Also I kind of want to make myself an av of the Ratings Rajah.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Case 5 is making me have emotions. :(

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Finished Case 2. It's probably the best case 2 in the series. Bonny and Betty were adorable and Retinz was a really effective villain, which was helped by the fact that he gets one of the best themes in the series.

It was kinda funny watching everyone try to defend the honour of Troupe Gramarye though, considering that every male Gramarye is a massive dick.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Momomo posted:

Putting the cases out of order doesn't typically help the narrative at all, so I prefer them in chronological order. AA5 was especially bad about it since you had stuff like Athena suffering PTSD from Payne when she had already beaten Blackquill in court.

Also, I've just barely started case 5 and the plot has already decided to punch Apollo in the face. This poor boy just wants to have a normal life, drat it.

It worked really, really well narratively in T&T but yeah they went reeeeeally overboard with that in DD. Iirc the case order was 2 -> DLC -> 3 -> first part of 4 -> 1 -> second part of 4 -> 5 :psyduck:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
case 5 trial 2: AWWWWWW SHIIIIIT Rayfa took her robe off herself IT'S ON NOW

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
wait what the fu

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

irlZaphod posted:

I'm right at the end of Case 2 and just caught up on the thread (SO MANY BLACK BARS). I'm at the Thought Route segment, but got to it just as I was getting to work. So it has been an excruciating day wanting to play it, but being unable to.

The game is so good so far, I can't wait to see what in Case 5 is causing Waffleman_'s (and others') reactions. :allears:

I'm kind of annoyed at myself because I love this series, but still haven't finished DD, or played AJ at all. I also really couldn't get into AAI, I should give it another chance.

I wish/hope they'll localise the games which haven't been released in the West on the eShop or something.

e: Also I kind of want to make myself an av of the Ratings Rajah.

you should really play AAI and AAI-2, Edgeworth gets a shot to shine and he's fantastic. I used to think AAI2 was the best AA game overall, but AA6 is a really strong contender,

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

cloofish posted:

It worked really, really well narratively in T&T but yeah they went reeeeeally overboard with that in DD. Iirc the case order was 2 -> DLC -> 3 -> first part of 4 -> 1 -> second part of 4 -> 5 :psyduck:

Yeah, 3 did it well and while the story was bad in 4, putting the flashback case in the last trial was fine. I'm mostly thinking of AI and AA5 where putting them out of order seems incredibly arbitrary and serves no real benefit. They were also very clearly written in the order presented, and not chronological order.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Case 5 Trial 2: Wait, okay, back up, Inga had prosopagnosia?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

One thing I've really enjoyed is Dhurke's Objection soundbite. that poo poo just catches your attention

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
gently caress. gently caress. I'm on Uchikoshi's wild ride again!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

alcharagia posted:

Case 5 Trial 2: Wait, okay, back up, Inga had prosopagnosia?

I feel like anybody who's played 999 would have called this the minute they saw the notepad.