Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:lol:

PGabz is featured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
"Getting SC back tattoo confirmed. Shoulder blade to shoulder blade size."

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/346462/ok-chris-roberts-you-and-me-have-something-to-talk-about

Getting a tattoo because they removed headbob...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/776895998169755649

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The new CoD gameplay vid looks good until you realize that it's complete on rails. Deviate a bit from the script and the whole thing comes falling down. The entire point of Squadron 42 is that it's not a tightly canned experience. The Idris walkthrough we saw was clearly unfinished but already you could see what Chris is going for. The Ship was open to exploration and the NPCs around you clearly reacted to what the player character was doing. At one point we see the player decides to go the reactor room instead of the briefing room and the game reacts to that deviation in a believable manner. Chris has stated multiple times that he's going to bring RPG and sandbox elements to the campaign. No wonder they're doing so many shoots when the game has so much optional, and in a way, hidden content.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

They definitely used some pgabz videos in this, pgabz got Archered.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Star Citizen: Optional and, in a way, hidden content

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

kikkelivelho posted:

The new CoD gameplay vid looks good until you realize that it's complete on rails. Deviate a bit from the script and the whole thing comes falling down. The entire point of Squadron 42 is that it's not a tightly canned experience. The Idris walkthrough we saw was clearly unfinished but already you could see what Chris is going for. The Ship was open to exploration and the NPCs around you clearly reacted to what the player character was doing. At one point we see the player decides to go the reactor room instead of the briefing room and the game reacts to that deviation in a believable manner. Chris has stated multiple times that he's going to bring RPG and sandbox elements to the campaign. No wonder they're doing so many shoots when the game has so much optional, and in a way, hidden content.

Oh the content is "hidden" alright, I doubt even chris could find it....

^ ooh beaten

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Top 10 Broken Promises In Games
#1 Star Citizen

quote:

This whole thing from start to finish has now become a massive CASH GRAB, in which, by the time they either deliver an MVP or close up shop, backers will NEVER EVER receive a pair of games they paid over $115 million dollars for. And the Terms of Service is designed to completely remove any and all legal recourse backers have.

This is the reality of the SCAM.
- Derek Smart

quote:

It's astonishing to see the rapid reaction of fans to any criticism the game endures. A literal ARMY descends upon the author or poster to ensure they're verbally BEATEN into submission. I understand that in this day and age every game has its fanboys, but it's a little eerie that a game that doesn't seem to be anywhere close to release is drawing this level of fervor and support from fans - TRUE BELIEVERS that not only support the game, but that seem dedicated to stamping out any and all dissent about it.
- Paul Tassi, Forbes

quote:

Is this game a SCAM? It has no playability and I had such high hopes. You guys should be ashamed of the mess of a game this is.
- Darren123, Star Citizen forum poster

quote:

The list goes on and on as if it has no filters, nobody to tell him NO. In fact, dreams aside, it all boils down to one single thing: INCOMPETENCE.
- Derek Smart

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope that crobbers is spending a whole day explaining to Forrest what this bald man should look like

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Terebus posted:

They definitely used some pgabz videos in this, pgabz got Archered.

I've been digitally raped

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

kikkelivelho posted:

Dead wrong, they already said it's not on rails. Next?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Note the complete absence of any other fanboys talking poo poo in comments except Star Citizens. Ben has gathered them all.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope that crobbers is spending a whole day explaining to Forrest what this bald man should look like

Well Chris would know.....

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

peter gabriel posted:

I've been digitally raped

Calm the gently caress down

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SomethingJones posted:

Calm the gently caress down

:argh:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SquadronROE posted:

source your quotes

don't

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Star Citizen: Just Some Bugs That Are Visually Interesting

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

AP posted:

What's Forrest up to?

Something that will be abandoned in a few weeks time.

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

Lackadaisical Phraseologist

SomethingJones posted:

$300 would get you a pretty drat awesome flight sim setup - FSX with a few tasty addons, Activesky have just released their latest weather software, you could even go for Prepar3d, the Lockheed Martin version of FSX, with updated engine, lighting and more FPS...

If you have a rig capable of running SC and you already have a flight stick you could have a full on, grade A flight sim running on it within a day. It will look amazing and run like butter.

Hell, you can even run FSX/Prepar3d in VR these days, using a bit of third party software!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJ7flnVH5k

Not only would you have literal YEARS of engaging, challenging and FUN flying, with a ton of learning that applies to the real world and awesome and helpful communities, but your money will be supporting some of the most passionate, dedicated and talented developers on the planet.

If it's immersion and realism you want from your gaming you actually owe it to yourself to dive into a flight sim at least once in your gaming career. Flying online in busy airspaces with other sim pilots and live air traffic control, joining a virtual airline, all of this awaits you, your inner geek will thank you and will be glad of it.

Do it.

Does it come with an immersion ladder?

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

I'm really starting to think that these aren't questions to produce an air of mystery. Maybe she's just honestly wondering?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

PoorMoralCompass posted:

I'm really starting to think that these aren't questions to produce an air of mystery. Maybe she's just honestly wondering?

The reason is to make shitizens dream up their own answers, causing them to sink further into their own delusions.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
PGabz should get on Kickstarter so he can get properly crowdfunded.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The only time I have ever used the issue council was when someone posted on here about the rear end poking out of the chariot, because that was too funny not to try.
Absolutely every other video is me just playing the game for an hour tops.

Edit: My graphics are on the highest of the three total pre sets, I dunno, is there a secret one or something?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Yea it's his PC that is poo poo, not the game itself.

And everyone else who encounters these problems? Also a poo poo PC.

Also increasing the settings will result in sub 15 fps allow the true fidelitous vision of crobbers to be shown. As if that would somehow excuse all the fundamental flaws and bugs.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That Cymelion just straight up lies, what is that about goons refusing to kickstart a new PC for me? He's properly insane I think

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Barn Folk posted:

The reason is to make shitizens dream up their own answers, causing them to sink further into their own delusions.
Some of these people are really invested in this - to thier own financial ruin. It's not that they're sinking into delusions so much as :v:flying through them! :v:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Not sure why people are ok with this.

This is not a real time character.

I guess the argument could be made that it'll be used for normal maps. But that's probably not reality.

Reality is this is a render-worthy character with tons of specific shaders for the high detail render. You don't really need texture mapping of this caliber for normal mapping.

This, like the Luke Skywalker character, are for CGI renders. They'll be looking fine too!

Too bad CGI movies do not make a game.

I'm convinced though. Buying a completionist package because I think this project is looking great!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

That Cymelion just straight up lies, what is that about goons refusing to kickstart a new PC for me? He's properly insane I think

Are you familiar with Perdido Street Station? It's like watching a grub grow up and pupate into something awe inspiring.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Official Star Citizen Gamescom streamer PCs confirmed poo poo.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

If I help fund you, will I get dreams in return?

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

The Titanic posted:

Not sure why people are ok with this.

This is not a real time character.

I guess the argument could be made that it'll be used for normal maps. But that's probably not reality.

Reality is this is a render-worthy character with tons of specific shaders for the high detail render. You don't really need texture mapping of this caliber for normal mapping.

This, like the Luke Skywalker character, are for CGI renders. They'll be looking fine too!

Too bad CGI movies do not make a game.

I'm convinced though. Buying a completionist package because I think this project is looking great!

This could quite easily be a real time character. And not even a particularly good one. If you want your mind blown, check out the live stuff Epic and Ninja Theory are doing for Hellblade.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

This is Action Jackson, I refuse to believe otherwise

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654252&pagenumber=261#post464218040

Action Jackson posts cool selfies and I like him as a poster :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

If I help fund you, will I get dreams in return?

You'll get 25fps at best man

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

zcrow posted:

Official Star Citizen Gamescom streamer PCs confirmed poo poo.
Why haven't any backers released, a ten-minute video even, of the bugless wonderstorm of space-fun that is star citizen?
That would sure shut up :pgabz:
they dance in perfect unison lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

PoorMoralCompass posted:

Why haven't any backers released, a ten-minute video even, of the bugless wonderstorm of space-fun that is star citizen?

They are concerned that owning me so hard may harm my internet credibility, the backers are nothing if not humanitarian, selfless people

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PoorMoralCompass posted:

Too busy having fun to record any video.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I like that PGabz's 'rather small following' is bigger than INN's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Too busy having fun to record any video.

That is literally exactly what MoMA said.

• Locked thread