Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Elman posted:

What's this, the turning head hitbox bug? First bullet accuracy? Nothing in particular?

looks like what they "fixed" in the last patch if any of this makes sense to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

EvilBeard posted:

I'm awful and draggin' it down.

No that loving Green guy made us lose. I also had another match on Nuke that was very similar, but I queued up solo. :(

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.

sleppy posted:

looks like what they "fixed" in the last patch if any of this makes sense to you

That patch hasn't been released yet.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
yep the change reintroduced the crouch spam jumping from cs 1.6 so they can't release it to live

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No fun in counterstrike go

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

exethan posted:

yep the change reintroduced the crouch spam jumping from cs 1.6 so they can't release it to live

crouch spam jumping?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

MF_James posted:

You can spoof or manipulate 99.9% of things used to identify your computer, including, but not limited to: IP Address, MAC Address, serial numbers, hardware ID, and license keys, literally hundreds of other things.

What's the 0.1%?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
heroic vs envy almost 60 rounds deep right now, oh how the mighty have fallen

e: devil apex and moddii all dropped 50 lol

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 16, 2016

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Six overtimes, 65 rounds. :stare:

Envyus is so bad lmao.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I'm not entirely mad that I forgot to watch this until now

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
So I came back to this game after giving it up in personal disgust (Silver 1 ranked broke me). Despite playing a ridiculous amount of 1.6 and other shooters, for some reason I just couldn't shoot for poo poo in CS:GO, and felt like I was constantly fighting against the controls. Turns out I had triple-buffer vsync on, which on my system makes the mouse move all slow and swimmy and poo poo. I'm now topfragging every game and feeling like a goddamn CS GOd. (I expect this period to last until I reach Silver 3, at which point my abject mediocrity will reassert itself).

So if anyone else is out there who feels like the game kind of sucks to play, turn off vsync! Don't be an idiot like me and play 90 hours with barely-functional aiming! (I don't even know why it was on, I always turn that poo poo off...)

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

BinaryDoubts posted:

So I came back to this game after giving it up in personal disgust (Silver 1 ranked broke me). Despite playing a ridiculous amount of 1.6 and other shooters, for some reason I just couldn't shoot for poo poo in CS:GO, and felt like I was constantly fighting against the controls. Turns out I had triple-buffer vsync on, which on my system makes the mouse move all slow and swimmy and poo poo. I'm now topfragging every game and feeling like a goddamn CS GOd. (I expect this period to last until I reach Silver 3, at which point my abject mediocrity will reassert itself).

So if anyone else is out there who feels like the game kind of sucks to play, turn off vsync! Don't be an idiot like me and play 90 hours with barely-functional aiming! (I don't even know why it was on, I always turn that poo poo off...)

Prime account? Want to queue? Leave your id

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

OSI bean dip posted:

What's the 0.1%?

Good question! I'm not sure, maybe you can spoof anything/fake anything! You would be more likely to know than I would and could clarify my .1% of wrongness in this situation.

Are you following me from SHSC to here to harass me and prove me wrong? (this is a joke, text and all that, I don't loathe you or think you're "out to get me")

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Well Dignitas got completely shitted on as well by Faze, so today's just turning out to be a real :laffo: day for CS.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Heroic is going to get crushed, they just played a BO3's worth of rounds on Mirage. If they don't also get Mirage vs VP I think they have zero chance of playing well

RyokoTK posted:

Well Dignitas got completely shitted on as well by Faze, so today's just turning out to be a real :laffo: day for CS.

Allu was so good :swoon:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rain dropping 34 in regulation. :staredog:

FaZe, you're doing me proud today. :unsmith:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

lol VP on Train

GG

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
We were down 7-14 on T side of mirage. One guy gives up, starts tking and whatnot. We pull it back to 15-14 and he's still griefing. gently caress the CSGO community sometimes.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
c9 continues to destroy on train, mirage, etc

welcome to the new era boys

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

NA CS prevails

Saw a ton of really obvious people the day after the banwave, reported all of them. Fastest turnover I've ever seen, less than a week!

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 17, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:siren:BETA UPDATE IS NOW LIVE:siren:

e: Looks like they also fixed some molly bugs, fixed some bugs on Cache, and added new sounds for the sniper rifles.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 17, 2016

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAnr4M_Mk44

im gamer

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:frogsiren: :aaaaa:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oh hey, look what you can do now.

https://gfycat.com/ConsiderateBlackGrouse

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The AWP, Scout and CT Auto have new sounds. Not sure about the T stuff.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

T auto has new sounds too

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Awp and scout sound loving stupid, CT auto sounds cool didn't try T side yet

I say this as someone who has loved every other gun sound

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

quote:

[Gameplay]
– The first-person camera of players, spectators, and demo-viewers is no longer allowed to rise higher than their third-person head. This should prevent first-person players from being able to see from perspectives where their third-person head is not also exposed.
– When a player’s first-person camera is adjusted, bullets fired from both their client and server-side locations are also adjusted to emit from the corrected position.
– If for any reason the third-person player animation lowers a player’s head beneath the client’s first-person camera, the client’s first-person camera is lowered to stay at or under the height of their third-person head. This means that the third-person motion of the player is now represented more accurately from the first-person perspective.
– Third-person landing recovery animations are now weighted based on altitude traversed and duration in-air. Players landing from small jumps or falling from lesser heights will play more subtle landing animations.

This update reads like something Xenaero would cook up.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Slumpy posted:

Awp and scout sound loving stupid, CT auto sounds cool didn't try T side yet

I say this as someone who has loved every other gun sound

The awp sounds like a goddamn thunderclap (and also like a real gun) how can you possibly think it's stupid

edit: did they really just fix hitboxes and head glitching in one week?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

(and also like a real gun)

I haven't heard the new AWP yet but I couldn't care less if it sounds realistic or not. I want these guns to sound satisfying to shoot, who cares if that means we get Michael Bay sound effects instead of this realistic USP-S that sounds like a stapler.

That said most of the sound changes have been pretty good.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I can't wait for the TURBO STAPLER, aka the M4A1-S :gonk:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Elman posted:

I haven't heard the new AWP yet but I couldn't care less if it sounds realistic or not. I want these guns to sound satisfying to shoot, who cares if that means we get Michael Bay sound effects instead of this realistic USP-S that sounds like a stapler.

That said most of the sound changes have been pretty good.

All of the weapon sounds are great, including the AWP. Ok I lied the CZ is terrible.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

mm is still a childrens' playground for hacks

s/o to mini for making me sit thru 16 round losses to hackers after playing winning 14 rounds t-side inferno :<

i call it the minineo classic

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Actually, the scout is super satisfying now. When you get kills, it just feels better. The sound owns. I'm all for the new awp sound, it makes sense with my lightning strike.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

EvilBeard posted:

Actually, the scout is super satisfying now. When you get kills, it just feels better. The sound owns. I'm all for the new awp sound, it makes sense with my lightning strike.

sell the lightning strike, the market is up.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

:woop: good vibes goon team finally got me to mg1:woop:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

surc posted:

:woop: good vibes goon team finally got me to mg1:woop:

Now we just need to bust your attitude back down to s2.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

But my attitude is already garbage :confused:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Someone told me crouchwalking has better accuracy than standing still

?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

finally the reets who think its safe to push long every round will fear something before getting awped from t-spawn

Xenaero posted:

Someone told me crouchwalking has better accuracy than standing still

?!

I think Adren said it in some clip from his stream. There was some math I didn't care about. Even if it is I reckon standing is mostly still better unless you intend to keep shooting until you die or they do. In this respect I should crouch walk more often because I automatically enter every fight like one of us is going down no matter what when the smart move is fall back

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 17, 2016