Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Hauki posted:

Imperial bow was windripper, brigadine is lightning coil, judgement staff was hegemony/pledge of hands. They've all dropped precipitously in price, so I'm sure it was just sloppy editing when removing them. They're all worth like 5c now, if that.

Geez, didn't realize they had all dropped that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just looked, coil really is 5c lmaoooo

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I did crit heg era ice crash with coil when the skill came out and it was pretty good, but like 5+ex still for the two. Probably not a bad starter build now if you went EQ or something, given that the gear is only 10c now. Reflect was a real problem on crits though, so hey, maybe brass dome instead?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I traded a near-perfect Hegemony's Era with like 3 sockets only for a perfect Taste of Hate last league, it was worth around 5.5ex. I don't think there was a single one under 2ex on poe.trade when I looked either and this was over a month into the league. Even now there's none cheaper than 1ex. It's not really comparable to LC or Windripper in terms of cheapness, even if I don't think I'd waste Chances trying to get one either.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hauki posted:

I did crit heg era ice crash with coil when the skill came out and it was pretty good, but like 5+ex still for the two. Probably not a bad starter build now if you went EQ or something, given that the gear is only 10c now. Reflect was a real problem on crits though, so hey, maybe brass dome instead?

You dont crit yourself on reflect so the reduction doesnt apply.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Always fun to run malformation with extra projectiles

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Why is coil so cheap now? It doesn't seem to have gotten any worse in the last couple leagues. You can get a 5l coil for 15c cheaper than a 5l belly. What the hell

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Probably a combination of more solid to great options in the slot with the introduction of items like Cospri's, Kintsugi, Beast Fur Shawl etc, and low-life/ES builds getting more popular?

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

killstealing posted:

Yeah, I had a coil drop last night. At the time, lowest was 8c, but mine had slightly better stats, and I have it at 15c.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
So, I'm looking at uniques right now to determine what the best ones to chance are going to be for this league. This will probably change on a League-specific thing. I'll actually make it a spreadsheet for easy changes.

What should be the price cutoff point? 1ex? 1/2ex (30-40c)?

Shinino Kage fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 16, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Shinino Kage posted:

So, I'm looking at uniques right now to determine what the best ones to chance are going to be for this league. This will probably change on a League-specific thing. I'll actually make it a spreadsheet for easy changes.

Sorcerer Boots, everything else is cheap enough to buy by simply selling the Chances

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So, a Leap/sweeper or Leap/Earthquaker build. If I follow this sort of build with maces

Passive Skill Tree

Where do you go from here for efficient points/better defense/better damage etc?

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

The Real Foogla posted:

Sorcerer Boots, everything else is cheap enough to buy by simply selling the Chances

Not entirely true, based on pricing I'm seeing. Unless you're advocating selling hundreds of chances (544+) per exalt. There's also strongboxes to think about.

Skyforth's IS the most expensive of them, though (33ex right now)

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So, a Leap/sweeper or Leap/Earthquaker build. If I follow this sort of build with maces

Passive Skill Tree

Where do you go from here for efficient points/better defense/better damage etc?

Your pathing in the templar area is kind of messy, but you probably need that 30 dex node there right? If you go EQ the attack speed cluster is kind of a waste. I'd try and get some more life as 143% is a little low even for sc.

edit something like this maybe? http://poeurl.com/Mki

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 16, 2016

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Looks like my friends are all into Wow. Can I get a Guild Invite please? Account is 'turboraton'

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
So I have an early work on a spreadsheet showing what's good to chance -- this is showing items with values of 30 chaos and up and is 17 items, with a few of them being Zana mods only. If you adjust it to 1 ex and up, it drops 4-5 of them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e6QnRjtPkg48FU1LPAmqI4om2UnAGMNK3l2pVudI1aM/edit?usp=sharing

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Shinino Kage posted:

Not entirely true, based on pricing I'm seeing. Unless you're advocating selling hundreds of chances (544+) per exalt. There's also strongboxes to think about.

Skyforth's IS the most expensive of them, though (33ex right now)

The chance of hitting Headhunter was tested to be around 1:11000 to 1:13000, according to a post I found.

Headhunter is a T1 rarity unique, meaning it drops and can be chanced at the same rate as all the other T1 rarity uniques. This means on average at 540 chances per exalt, it costs around 22 exalts worth of chances to hit a unique you'd be able to sell.

So yes, Skyforth (and HH in Nemesis maps, and Voll's when it was over 20 exalts) is literally the only thing that's profitable to chance.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

well, profitable at expected returns. if people only played those odds lotteries would die.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Right, and that's if you do nothing but buy those normal quality items and chances and do nothing but.

I'm talking about 'oh hey, here's an item, lemme chance it' that most of us do.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Shinino Kage posted:

I'm talking about 'oh hey, here's an item, lemme chance it' that most of us do.
it is still not profitable to spend the chance in that situation if you are solely playing the expected return game.

its all a crapshoot though. chance what you want if it makes you happy. i spend a bunch on zana maps which is probably not the ideal use of chances but who cares.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I use chances since it's fun to gamble, but it's always better to save -> sell for chaos/use as trade fodder, unless youre chancing skyforths or HH afaik. maybe that new sword?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
This is like saying you saw a guy win some money with a scratch ticket so you're going to math out how far five bucks gets you.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

killstealing posted:

I use chances since it's fun to gamble, but it's always better to save -> sell for chaos/use as trade fodder, unless youre chancing skyforths or HH afaik. maybe that new sword?

New sword was only like 1.5 ex last I saw. Sometimes I spend chances on dumb poo poo but my rule of thumb if I'm trying to chance items is something worth 5ex+.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Hauki posted:

New sword was only like 1.5 ex last I saw. Sometimes I spend chances on dumb poo poo but my rule of thumb if I'm trying to chance items is something worth 5ex+.

So you're looking at Occultist's Vestments (Shavronne's), Sorcerer Boots (Skyforth's), Agate Amulets (Voll's Devotion), and Jasper Chopper (The Harvest)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Can probably toss in sapphire flask (taste of hate) and deicide mask (heretics veil) aswell

E: My filter has veil + taste + shavs + skyforths if I remember correctly.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

This is like saying you saw a guy win some money with a scratch ticket so you're going to math out how far five bucks gets you.

no its like if you had a magical butt that pooped out 5 bucks every 10 mins, would you use it on scratch tickets to win big or have a little patience and buy something nice the next day

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it is a butt analogy
:iiaba:

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
IM POOPING AS I READ THIS.

but really, speaking of my chance to spawn trials this last week...

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

no cast speed, would have vendored

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
More for people with elemental weapons though -- so probably would be semi-decent. Not great tho, resists are average.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

weapon ele damage increases stuff like auras and conversions too

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

killstealing posted:

WTC how did that happen? I spent almost an ex for a 5L a week ago.

Maybe I'll grab another one and try a linking project.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Vasudus posted:

Buying a single lottery ticket is actually a 'good' investment once the pool reaches a certain threshold, assuming you're just spending $1.

edit: vvv true vvv

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats like powerball not a scratcher

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
GOATSE represent

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Grats. And thanks for the carry earlier. Now I'm off to make my own Pathfinder...with blackjack!...and hookers! (or an Oro's, same diff)

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
An emperor knows when to delegate server administration.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Down long enough for me to forget how to function like a human being

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
And there goes my second 5-linking of an item in under 10 fuses. I loving get giddy when poo poo like that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

I have a problem.

11k Perandus Coins is 4ex. Taste of Hate sells for 5.5ex. I don't know if anyone in Essence even HAS 11,000 Perandus.

• Locked thread