Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Or UO had so many items that were everywhere thrown away but like got patched out entirely and became super valuable, like bloody bandages or no draw tiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Stefan Prodan posted:

Or UO had so many items that were everywhere thrown away but like got patched out entirely and became super valuable, like bloody bandages or no draw tiles

My account still has a few pieces of Phoenix and Ranger armor. One of those sets came from the Clean Up Britannia event. For those not in the know, that was a time when the game was getting laggy, supposedly, and OSI put trash bins at the big cities. The more stuff you threw away, the more... points? you were awarded, and the most expensive item was a random piece of that armor.

I forgot what the other armor set was from.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Pretty sure Ranger armor was a prize ticket item. You had to find someone in the then massive world of your UO shard who had the matching half of your ticket. Black dye tub was the typical go to, in my circles at least.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Node posted:

My account still has a few pieces of Phoenix and Ranger armor. One of those sets came from the Clean Up Britannia event. For those not in the know, that was a time when the game was getting laggy, supposedly, and OSI put trash bins at the big cities. The more stuff you threw away, the more... points? you were awarded, and the most expensive item was a random piece of that armor.

I forgot what the other armor set was from.

I think Ranger Armor started as a prize ticket item on Christmas, then was also available again during the Clean Up. Phoenix armor was introduced later.

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Pretty sure Ranger armor was a prize ticket item. You had to find someone in the then massive world of your UO shard who had the matching half of your ticket. Black dye tub was the typical go to, in my circles at least.

gently caress. I remember running around spamming ticket numbers in chat.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So Hilt Fortress crawlspace is respawning normally again- they added a bunch of extra mobs to the area but they still haven't figured out that dying prevents mobs from resetting for some reason despite me saying so repeatedly in this very forum, so it's again possible to get a nice speedy silver area mob-free.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Also the slime they added will kill one of the ghosts they added.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

30.5 Days posted:

So Hilt Fortress crawlspace is respawning normally again- they added a bunch of extra mobs to the area but they still haven't figured out that dying prevents mobs from resetting for some reason despite me saying so repeatedly in this very forum, so it's again possible to get a nice speedy silver area mob-free.

I went there once. Everything was fine, I found a few chests with obsidian recipes that aren't in game yet, then ran past the lich. There was a breakable wall with a slime in it (the one you're mentioning I think) and a few silver veins. Elysium Mines are still the best place for silver in my experience.

I wish those sarcophagi had loot in them sometimes, or the chance to wake an angry ghost. I wish crates had loot in them sometimes like the patch notes said. I wish there was more loot. Give me loot to loot.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Node posted:

I went there once. Everything was fine, I found a few chests with obsidian recipes that aren't in game yet, then ran past the lich. There was a breakable wall with a slime in it (the one you're mentioning I think) and a few silver veins. Elysium Mines are still the best place for silver in my experience.

I wish those sarcophagi had loot in them sometimes, or the chance to wake an angry ghost. I wish crates had loot in them sometimes like the patch notes said. I wish there was more loot. Give me loot to loot.

If you can solo elysium then you have no use for hilt. Hilt was nerfed because you could have L1 nakeds mining in there freely, and... now you can do that again.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Reported

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
gently caress. The artisan tool reward I was saving up for got bought by someone else :mad:. That would have had me up to my sixth. Anyone got 30k?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Node posted:

That is one thing I really miss about UO. I remember killing Liches and stuff and then having to go ID the loot to figure out if it was any good.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Akion posted:

That is one thing I really miss about UO. I remember killing Liches and stuff and then having to go ID the loot to figure out if it was any good.

I think this game is going to be more focused on crafting, but maybe really powerful crafting components could be loot off lich lords and the like. Personally I wouldn't mind the partial balance UO had between crafted equipment and looted equipment. Looted equipment was better, but crafted was plentiful and you didn't care as much if you died and lost it.

But yeah, I definitely have fond memories of standing on the platform above the lich lords in Deceit, killing them with energy vortexes, and looting them. If you had the place to yourself you would have to recall out quite a bit from all the poo poo you were getting.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Loot at the moment is still in the early stages. There will be things like UO style treasure maps and other things down the line. All that stuff mentioned sounds great to have though.

Sorry to hear about your tool being sold out Node. I bought my additional artisan tools ASAP for 15k a pop figuring the supply would run dry after the first month.
Didn't quite fill out the selection but I have the stuff I mostly wanted.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

Loot at the moment is still in the early stages. There will be things like UO style treasure maps and other things down the line. All that stuff mentioned sounds great to have though.

Sorry to hear about your tool being sold out Node. I bought my additional artisan tools ASAP for 15k a pop figuring the supply would run dry after the first month.
Didn't quite fill out the selection but I have the stuff I mostly wanted.

If the treasure map thing is true I will squeal like a little girl, that was the most fun PvE I had in UO. Are we talking episode one, or way more down the line?

And yeah the prices have raised. I bought five for between 22-25k. That is... a lot of sold halberds. Tool rewards going for 35k+ now. I'm glad I got what I did.

When is the next release due?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly don't know as I didn't ask the question and didn't pay close attention. I just took in "it's on the roadmap" and thought that was cool.

September 29th for Release 34. Estgard 2.0 time as well, I think.
We'll also get a 4th quarter roadmap at some point.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Think I'm going to wait for a couple releases before I hop back on to be honest. I know I've seen maybe a percent of what the game has to offer but I think my overall experience would be better for waiting.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Think I'm going to wait for a couple releases before I hop back on to be honest. I know I've seen maybe a percent of what the game has to offer but I think my overall experience would be better for waiting.

At least rename your vendor to insult that ugly rear end airship across the street from you.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Node posted:

I wish crates had loot in them sometimes like the patch notes said. I wish there was more loot. Give me loot to loot.

You have to drop out of combat (which is toggled by smacking the crate) and wait for your glyphs to go away before you can loot the broken crates.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Is Granite really worth listing on the public vendor, or should I just trash it on an NPC one?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

At least rename your vendor to insult that ugly rear end airship across the street from you.

Will do.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Has anyone come across the owner yet? drat airship

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

you mofos I paid 80 bucks for that air balloon

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Nurel posted:

you mofos I paid 80 bucks for that air balloon

*$400

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
They changed hilt fortress again- they made it so the slime will fight the ghosts. So if you trap the slime upstairs with the ghosts, the ghosts will kill it & it'll respawn. But slimes can't open doors and there's a secret door like 12 feet from the crawlspace.

LUM. THEY HAVE TO ACTUALLY FIX THE DEATH RESET. All this poo poo is doing is turning it into a fun puzzle. Which, you know, thanks for that.

EDIT: At least give it a shorter leash or something.

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 16, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Lum I'll never yell at you like this mean person above me

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What you want are slimes that fight water elementals. Those suckers go at it for ages and you can mine around them pretty freely.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Reading the latest newsletter. More info about the Estgard polish, humans believe yellow wards off kobold attacks (kinda dumb of us humans,) October and Halloween based events and items, incl *record stop*

quote:

There are also a ton of new 2016 Halloween items that will go live in Release 34, including:
/pukeblood

God damnit, there goes another ten or fifteen bucks of mine.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Make sure to toss salt over your shoulder to keep away evil spirits. Then paint your dog yellow to keep away the kobolds.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Anyone have a tax free plot they want to get rid of. I don't really want to live in a player town.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jabro posted:

Anyone have a tax free plot they want to get rid of. I don't really want to live in a player town.

Me too. I'd like a tax free city or town plot. I'll even take a castle. I'll donate my tax free village plot to charity.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I'd also be happy to trade my row lot for a tax free city or town. Castle if I have to.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Unctuous Cretin posted:

I'd also be happy to trade my row lot for a tax free city or town. Castle if I have to.

I'd rather have a row lot than a city lot.

Edit: Nvm I confused city lots with castles.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Node posted:

Me too. I'd like a tax free city or town plot. I'll even take a castle. I'll donate my tax free village plot to charity.

Sign me up for that charity.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm holding out for a free Ferrari.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

I'm holding out for a free Ferrari.

Those go to R. Garriott.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Given enough time I bet there will be in-game Ferraris. They'll cost as much as a real one, though.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
And they'll puke blood.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Bieeardo posted:

And they'll puke blood.

I'll do everything in my power to make sure they can.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Good Ferrari. Nice Ferrari. I've always wanted a pet like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I hope you can eventually tame horses to ride or other farm animals and poo poo. Free milk from cows, aw yeah.