Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
did the math not worth it

bongsnake fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

What do people think is the best facebreaker totems build? Scion gets 3 totems with no damage penalty and can go gladiator for spell block or berzerker for more damage, but you have to use bringer of rain which is a lot worse than abyssus+chest. Hierophant you can get 3 totems and use all the best equipment, and you can use shield charge for trash clear, but there's that pesky damage penalty on the totems and your last two ascendancy points are gonna suck.
Berzerker or Juggernaught only get 2 totems but the Berzerker's 40% more damage is probably actually better than the scion once you factor in that you can use abyssus and bigger hits penetrate more armor. Juggernaught obviously is the lowest damage but the tankiest probably, although scion with gladiator is probably also pretty tanky since you get insane block.

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

bongsnake posted:

did the math not worth it

Yeah, all good. Goodbye, Taste of Hate.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Apoplexy posted:

And there goes my second 5-linking of an item in under 10 fuses. I loving get giddy when poo poo like that happens.

I six-linked one Quill Rain in ~40 fuses and five linked my other in ~30.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Wafflecopper posted:

I six-linked one Quill Rain in ~40 fuses and five linked my other in ~30.

Pretty nice, man!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mince Pieface posted:

What do people think is the best facebreaker totems build? Scion gets 3 totems with no damage penalty and can go gladiator for spell block or berzerker for more damage, but you have to use bringer of rain which is a lot worse than abyssus+chest. Hierophant you can get 3 totems and use all the best equipment, and you can use shield charge for trash clear, but there's that pesky damage penalty on the totems and your last two ascendancy points are gonna suck.
Berzerker or Juggernaught only get 2 totems but the Berzerker's 40% more damage is probably actually better than the scion once you factor in that you can use abyssus and bigger hits penetrate more armor. Juggernaught obviously is the lowest damage but the tankiest probably, although scion with gladiator is probably also pretty tanky since you get insane block.

I'm planning inquisitor with mine, because WED is good, bosses have lots of resists and armor, and the signal fire/phys-to-lit give large amounts of added damage.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

No Friend of Gravity posted:

I have a problem.

11k Perandus Coins is 4ex. Taste of Hate sells for 5.5ex. I don't know if anyone in Essence even HAS 11,000 Perandus.

contact Zadiel for assistance in getting items from Cadiro you don't have enough coins for

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

panda clue posted:

contact Zadiel for assistance in getting items from Cadiro you don't have enough coins for

Actually, i think all of us goons should go together and gather the coins he needs.

Just to witness another meltdown.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what was the meltdown i missed that part of the hh saga

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Picer posted:

Actually, i think all of us goons should go together and gather the coins he needs.

I agree, you guys should crowd-source me another headhunter for 10 exalted orbs. I'm falling a bit behind on my currency game this league.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
What's this HH story?

panda clue
May 23, 2014
:munch:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

baram. posted:

what was the meltdown i missed that part of the hh saga

:same:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
panda clue flipped his poo poo because some guys gave another guy some coins each to buy a headhunter in perandus league. ITS A SCAM

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

panda clue flipped his poo poo because some guys gave another guy some coins each to buy a headhunter in perandus league. ITS A SCAM

youre getting warmer

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
lol that rules

panda clue
May 23, 2014

dangerdoom volvo posted:

lol that rules

almost as much as me buying it for 10ex via a proxy :ssh:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Picer posted:

safe jokes suck

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Is there any melee skill that isn't just strictly outclassed by EQ? I really want to make a melee build but I'm having trouble finding a lategame viable melee build that costs under 1ex

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

Is there any melee skill that isn't just strictly outclassed by EQ? I really want to make a melee build but I'm having trouble finding a lategame viable melee build that costs under 1ex

Reave. Oro/Terminus Est Flicker Strike. Lightning Strike on open maps, especially with chain. Spectral Throw with enough proj speed.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So I'm starting up an Oro's Flicker Pathfinder, but I'm unsure whether I my Ascendancies should go Nature's Boon -> Master Alchemist -> Veteran Bowyer or Veteran Bowyer -> Nature's Boon -> Master Alchemist (Nature's Adrenaline will be the final one). Right now leveling with Earthquake/Herald of Ash, if that matters any.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Vet bowyer and run hatred

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

panda clue posted:

I love how you can still go on about this after quitting the guild in an emotional meltdown and going on racist tirades in IRC because people dare to disagree with you on how much of an awful person LNB is.

but at least you have more exalts than the average goon kappa

panda clue
May 23, 2014

please PM me your panda clue fanfiction, I'd like to talk to you about doing up a licensing deal

panda clue fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 18, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

MannersPlease posted:

I love how you can still go on about this after quitting the guild in an emotional meltdown and going on racist tirades in IRC because people dare to disagree with you on how much of an awful person LNB is.
lol

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

MannersPlease posted:

but at least you have more exalts than the average goon kappa
:vince:
:same:

panda clue
May 23, 2014
please dont make jokes in this thread on the sometghin awful comedy forum thanks and god bless, this is a safe space

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Are unique map drops restricted to adjacent maps?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

Are unique map drops restricted to adjacent maps?

yes, but they can also drop in all the other places where maps can break map drop rules, and a few extra places as well (Inner treasure mobs, singularity chest, etc). They also drop anywhere once you have the unlock, like any other map.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

So is this game Pathfinders of Exile now?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

omeg posted:

So is this game Pathfinders of Exile now?

it doesnt have to be

J
Jun 10, 2001

It's pathfinder city because they can still keep vessel of vinktar up permanently. Huge ES pool + vessel of vinktar's 20% (wtf) leech + vaal pact + blade vortex lets you instantly heal back up any damage that doesn't 1 shot you. This trivializes so much poo poo.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

gonadic io posted:

I'm planning inquisitor with mine, because WED is good, bosses have lots of resists and armor, and the signal fire/phys-to-lit give large amounts of added damage.

How does that work with FB not being able to crit? Because if its just for the penetration, Pathfinder seems strictly better.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mince Pieface posted:

How does that work with FB not being able to crit? Because if its just for the penetration, Pathfinder seems strictly better.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I was actually planning on doing it with a dagger myself. Rigwald's curse is only 55c at the moment and lets you crit normally with FB.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

gonadic io posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I was actually planning on doing it with a dagger myself. Rigwald's curse is only 55c at the moment and lets you crit normally with FB.

holy poo poo ive always wanted to try dis

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm liking how much the game changes and improves every few months but there are a couple things I'd like to see them do to the game still that hasn't changed much.

• Act 1 improved gameplay and visuals, it's only had very minor changes from the early days and the new maps show they can make some nice looking stuff these days.
  • Passive tree getting a ingame name search and planner, being able to type in "Fire" and get all fire damage and fire resist nodes highlighted, stuff like that.
  • Being able to show more stash tabs without having to scroll to the side, there is plenty of space for it and it's discouraging me from even more stash space

The first two would help keep new players, the last one would be for whales or people who spent 15$ on stash sales.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Merge cruel and merc or something
Make leveling masters at the start of league not cancer

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
So to be clear that I'm not being an idiot, Hatred (et al) still apply if you've converted all your phys damage to elemental right? And this means that WED would apply to 100% of your damage rather than less if you weren't fully elemental? And these both work with facebreakers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

gonadic io posted:

So to be clear that I'm not being an idiot, Hatred (et al) still apply if you've converted all your phys damage to elemental right? And this means that WED would apply to 100% of your damage rather than less if you weren't fully elemental? And these both work with facebreakers?

Yep. Hatred effect doesn't decrease just because you use an ele conversion skill.

Also, theorycrafting time for my new crit facebreaker totem. Should I go assassin with this tree, or ascendant (assassin/chieftain) with this? Assassin gets easy crit cap, but ascendant get some nice utility.

• Locked thread