Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Only if all they do for the entire length of the movie is drive bitchin cars.

Why the gently caress wouldn't you want that to be goku vs batman then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

You might have noticed, in this forum at least, that the conversations surrounding these billion-dollar films just die on the vine. Avengers 2, Force Awakens, Jurassic World....

Jurassic World and Avengers 2 sure, but TFA joined with the rest of Star Wars in generating countless man-years of completely unreadable garbage.

quote:

The best sign of this is that the best superhero film of the last few years is easily Terminator 5, in terms of pure filmic quality.

Genisys ruled.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The twist ending is that Vegeta is the name of both of their mothers.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Geneys was not as good as The Sarah Connor Chronicles even as it swiped all of its good ideas from it

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The twist ending is that Vegeta is the name of both of their mothers.
And their planet

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Stairmaster posted:

Why the gently caress wouldn't you want that to be goku vs batman then

Because Batman doesn't know how to have fun :colbert:.

But I dont know how Goku fits into Snyder-verse.
There are no Marthas in Dragonball.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Geneys was not as good as The Sarah Connor Chronicles even as it swiped all of its good ideas from it

And their planet

I AM PRINCE MARTHA OF THE PLANET MARTHA.
THIS IS MY FATHER, KING MARTHA.

KNOW YOUR PLACE MARTHAROT

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Another picture.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Is Zack Snyder directing both justice leagues?

Because god drat, if they both are as good as MoS and BvS I'm gonna be a happy boy. :allears:

I'm hesitant about Cyborg, though, mainly because I've never given a poo poo about him and his midmovie teaser was blah.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rumors are they are scrapping Cyborg. His movie might be getting retooled. WB is gearing up for a Titans movie instead.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Drifter posted:

Because god drat, if they both are as good as MoS and BvS I'm gonna be a happy boy. :allears:

I'm hesitant about Cyborg, though, mainly because I've never given a poo poo about him and his midmovie teaser was blah.

Why would the second justice league movie being far worse than the first make you a happy boy?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Why would the second justice league movie being far worse than the first make you a happy boy?

I assume you mean "BvS is much worse than MoS" here but it's a leap based on what he said there

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

The MSJ posted:

Another picture.

photo fight

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

seravid posted:

photo fight

It's winning the symbol fight if nothing else.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Detective No. 27 posted:

Rumors are they are scrapping Cyborg. His movie might be getting retooled. WB is gearing up for a Titans movie instead.

How would that even work? I thought JL was nearly done shooting?

:rolleyes: :tbear:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 18, 2016

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

People like to compare the superhero 'trend' to westerns, but it's really that the slasher villains of yesteryear have traded their knives for capes. Now we're in a glut of Critters and Leprechauns and whatever.

Westerns certainly apply in the sense of its reliance on a justice dispensing outsider, but it is superficial to your point; The franchise branding worship, unabashed camp, dark mirror villains, and supernatural elements. Two big differences are that slasher movies were cheap to make (Superhero movies seem to be able to offset this through its broad assimilation of other genres) and the violence was presented as somewhat objectionable, though still vital, thrilling and fetishtic.

KVeezy3 fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 18, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

KVeezy3 posted:

(Superhero movies seem to be able to offset this through its broad assimilation of other genres)

The only adaptation I wouldn't describe as being comfortably in the "action movie" genre is maybe the first half of Jessica Jones.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Drifter posted:

How would that even work? I thought JL was nearly done shooting?

We don't know the extent of how much setup if any for the Cyborg solo movie they did in Justice League. But it's still a rumor so it could be moot. I'm not even worried about a solo Cyborg film because it'll be a lot more interesting than what the comics have done with the character.

I'm sad no one caught my bad machine puns in my last post.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Detective No. 27 posted:

We don't know the extent of how much setup if any for the Cyborg solo movie they did in Justice League. But it's still a rumor so it could be moot. I'm not even worried about a solo Cyborg film because it'll be a lot more interesting than what the comics have done with the character.

Well, Cyborg will be a supporting character in the Flash movie, so there's that.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

computer parts posted:

The only adaptation I wouldn't describe as being comfortably in the "action movie" genre is maybe the first half of Jessica Jones.

It's why I noted broad assimilation and not depth as has been shown from the comedic heist escapades of Ant-Man, alien invasion realism of Man of Steel, to the infantile political drama trappings of Captain America Civil War. Too little deviation and people don't get the thrill of new, too much deviation and people experience cognitive tension from low processing fluency.

Comic book movies have been able to hit this sweet spot for 3 decades now to becoming the tent pole monstrosities of Hollywood.

KVeezy3 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 18, 2016

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, Cyborg will be a supporting character in the Flash movie, so there's that.

My only exposure to Cyborg is from the 2 seconds he's in BvS and the Injustice game, where his character is "black dude, good with tech, has fought Deathstroke in the past."

Anyone mind giving a cliff's notes on who this guy is?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is it too late to reboot Flash? This gives me an idea for a Flash/Cyborg buddy movie starring James Roday and Dulé Hill.

Edit: Never mind that. I want Hill as Blue Beetle and Roday as Booster Gold. That would be brilliant.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cythereal posted:

My only exposure to Cyborg is from the 2 seconds he's in BvS and the Injustice game, where his character is "black dude, good with tech, has fought Deathstroke in the past."

Justice League: War is an animated movie on Netflix that would probably show it best. Basically he's just a football player with daddy issues.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

He's like Robocop except the scientist who saved his life and put him in that robot body is his dad.

Also I think he may have played football or something.

Now that he's a roboguy, he's good with machines and technology I guess.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cythereal posted:

If you know Firestorm from the Arrowverse it's that origin basically.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

K. Waste posted:

edit:

You're in Imagination Land. You have complete creative control to make your own superhero/comic book movie. Pitch the concept and the temp music you'll use.

I want to make Black Widow, and my temp music is Converge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxqKjqhnMc4

Sandman Mystery Theatre, and my temp music is Goblin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xSjU5XTxds

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
You guys do know that Cyborg starred in a popular cartoon show, right? He's not that obscure.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Equeen posted:

You guys do know that Cyborg starred in a popular cartoon show, right? He's not that obscure.

Which ended 10 years ago, and even then all I can remember about him is "black dude with robot instruments".

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

computer parts posted:

Which ended 10 years ago

You haven't watched a lot of TV in the last few years, I take it.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You haven't watched a lot of TV in the last few years, I take it.

I was going to mention TTG but that's more of a skit show than something from JL.

And again, the only thing I can tell from Cyborg is "black dude with robot instruments".

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

computer parts posted:

Which ended 10 years ago, and even then all I can remember about him is "black dude with robot instruments".

Which means everyone whose currently in the prime consumer demographic probably watched it as a kid.

Of course by that logic you'd want to have Martian Manhunter or John Stewart in justice league instead of Aqua-man but here we are..

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

computer parts posted:

Booyah
Booyah
Booyah
Booyah

not my car

booyah

Oh and Cyborg is also in a another cartoon now.
Which has okay ratings for cartoon network I guess.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 18, 2016

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Drifter posted:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Stairmaster posted:

Which means everyone whose currently in the prime consumer demographic probably watched it as a kid.

Of course by that logic you'd want to have Martian Manhunter or John Stewart in justice league instead of Aqua-man but here we are..

Or keep Aquaman and still use those two? I'm hype for James Wan's Aquaman.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My secret wish is the reason they don't have Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern is because it's going to be Guy and John Jonzz with Batfleck as part of I Can't Believe It's Not Justice League for the sequel with Giffen, DeMatteis doing a treatment on the script.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I wanna read a story about a cyborg who's terrible with computers and has no idea how any of their poo poo works.

Someone who can't keep their arm steady because they keep borderline punching the touchscreen built into it like old people do.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Keeps shooting people in the street when he accidentally activates his laser cannon arm. "I'M SORRY! I WAS TRYING TO CHECK INSTAGRAM! I MAJORED IN PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SHOP CLASS!"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Pirate Jet posted:

I wanna read a story about a cyborg who's terrible with computers and has no idea how any of their poo poo works.

Someone who can't keep their arm steady because they keep borderline punching the touchscreen built into it like old people do.

Gizmoduck is pretty close to this

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It's a comic book thing. The first person that the hero meets that has any affinity with computers will grow to become one of the greatest hackers of all time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

greatn posted:

Gizmoduck is pretty close to this

Isn't this basically Inspector Gadget, too?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pirate Jet posted:

Wasn't that Elysium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

MonsieurChoc posted:

Sandman Mystery Theatre, and my temp music is Goblin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xSjU5XTxds

That is my favorite Argento movie too.

• Locked thread