Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

wa27 posted:

If I had to guess, Star Wars.

Somebody needs to blow up the Epcot Center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Jean Claude van Johnson really needs to be picked up for a full season.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The gently caress is the point of that?

Looks like it goes back to the beginning of this year because Civil War is suppose to be on it, also they are touting future movies like Rogue One and Doctor Strange.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Rad Valtar posted:

I went searching and apparently there was some misunderstanding with the deal and it doesn't include any backlog only releases from this point on.

Dammit, I want to watch The Black Hole without buying a copy.

(And Hell, would it kill them to put up stuff like that and the Black Cauldron where the "limited release!" mystique will be next to nil anyway?)

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I found this article that supposedly lists the Disney movies that will be coming. It does appear to be limited to new releases for a 4-year window. The list doesn't do a whole lot for me...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Weren't there already a buttload of Disney movies on Netflix?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I don't care how over the top Wentworth is, that is one of the most addictive shows I have ever gone through. Netflix refuses to tell me when new seasons are up, so I get a gift of a new season once in a great while when I just happen to check on it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Slandible posted:

I don't care how over the top Wentworth is, that is one of the most addictive shows I have ever gone through. Netflix refuses to tell me when new seasons are up, so I get a gift of a new season once in a great while when I just happen to check on it.

Yeah, I absolutely love Wentworth.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

david_a posted:

I found this article that supposedly lists the Disney movies that will be coming. It does appear to be limited to new releases for a 4-year window. The list doesn't do a whole lot for me...

I never got to see Jungle Book so that will be nice for me.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Belladonna Of Sadness has been added to Prime.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784466

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Yeah also Season 2 of Norm Macdonald Live
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWIPQF6

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I watched it out of curiosity, but I wound up liking a movie on Netflix called Time Lapse. The synopsis:

Three friends conspire to use a mysterious machine that takes photos 24 hours into the future for personal gain, until dangerous images develop. What if you saw what was going to happen to you 24 hours from now? These roommates do, and it's kind of frightening.

It's one of those movies where just by the synopsis you can kinda figure out where things are going (complete with a Final Temporal Twist that I'm assured to never quite wrap my head around), but the last minute or so of the movie was a pleasant gut-punch. The only name actor is John Rhys-Davies in a cameo role, but Danielle Panabaker looks super familiar and I can't place where the hell I've seen her in.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MisterBibs posted:

Danielle Panabaker looks super familiar and I can't place where the hell I've seen her in.

She's a main character on The Flash TV show.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

She's a main character on The Flash TV show.

Yeah, I looked up her filmography and there's nothing in it I remember seeing her in. It's quite frustrating.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Yeah, I looked up her filmography and there's nothing in it I remember seeing her in. It's quite frustrating.

Maybe you're thinking of her sister https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kay_Panabaker

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Time Lapse is a real stinker

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I dug it. It wasn't mind blowing but it was a passable time travel-ish suspense movie.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Who's still buying 90 dollar VHS tapes?

I dunno but somehow Disney discovered I have a child (I blame drones) and now they inundate me with junk mail trying to get me to sign up to have a thirty dollar dvd mailed to my house every month or whatever

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

October's almost here, what do I have as far as decent horror goes on Netflix and Prime?

I feel like I've already watched everything good but I can never be sure with how they hide poo poo.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Deakul posted:

October's almost here, what do I have as far as decent horror goes on Netflix and Prime?

I feel like I've already watched everything good but I can never be sure with how they hide poo poo.

Prime is loaded with 1960s-70s exploitation films if you're in the mood. You might want to just pay $5 for the Shudder add-on subscription in Amazon for the month: https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&hidden-keywords=-B001CWSLTW%20-B001EPJO5M&page=1&rh=n%3A2858778011%2Cp_n_subscription_id%3A12744440011

Netflix's horror selection is loving bullshit.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 18, 2016

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Buca di Bepis posted:

Prime is loaded with 1960s-70s exploitation films if you're in the mood. You might want to just pay $5 for the Shudder add-on subscription in Amazon for the month: https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&hidden-keywords=-B001CWSLTW%20-B001EPJO5M&page=1&rh=n%3A2858778011%2Cp_n_subscription_id%3A12744440011

Netflix's horror selection is loving bullshit.

Whoa, I think I will definitely give Shudder a try.

And agreed, Netflix has never had a good horror selection in the 4 years I've been using it honestly.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Yeah, back when I first subscribed to Netflix in 2010, the horror selection was pretty decent but you have to wade through a sea of crap to find the few treasures they have.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Netflix is pushing Most Likely to Die on me under horror. It looked like a fairly garbage slasher flick. I was intrigued by the 3* rating (pretty good for horror), so I went ahead and watched it and yeah it's a garbage slasher flick.

E: summarizing my horror recommendations from the last year or so: Don't Look Now (prime), Starry Eyes, Last Shift, We are Still Here, The Hallow, Bone Tomahawk, At the Devil's Door

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 18, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MisterBibs posted:

I watched it out of curiosity, but I wound up liking a movie on Netflix called Time Lapse. The synopsis:

Three friends conspire to use a mysterious machine that takes photos 24 hours into the future for personal gain, until dangerous images develop. What if you saw what was going to happen to you 24 hours from now? These roommates do, and it's kind of frightening.

It's one of those movies where just by the synopsis you can kinda figure out where things are going (complete with a Final Temporal Twist that I'm assured to never quite wrap my head around), but the last minute or so of the movie was a pleasant gut-punch. The only name actor is John Rhys-Davies in a cameo role, but Danielle Panabaker looks super familiar and I can't place where the hell I've seen her in.

I watched that a couple years ago and yeah it's quite solid, reminded me of a (much lesser) Primer.

On Prime if you have the Starz add-on (which is a good deal anyway since they get some good movies, Star Wars 7 just went up and they have Inside/Out and stuff) loving watch the gently caress out of Blunt Talk starring Patrick Stewart as an out of control sex and drugs maniac talk show host in LA. Jesus, I hope Patrick Stewart never dies.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
ARQ on Netflix is pretty good. It has time loop silliness, but has an interesting near-apocalyptic setting and a good cast.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That Maria Bamford show is pretty good.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Anyone have experience with Shudder's official site? It seems to be easier to navigate and has a bunch of movies that its Amazon version doesn't have.
For some silly reason though, you can't link your Amazon account to their official site. :psyduck:

Might cancel the Amazon Shudder subscription if the official one works decently.(subtitle support is fairly important)

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Also adding Baskin to the list of decent horror for October. I was mildly critical in my initial review, but over time my impression has improved. It's a chilling and impressive piece of filmmaking.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

ARQ on Netflix is pretty good. It has time loop silliness, but has an interesting near-apocalyptic setting and a good cast.

Ok, I'm gonna be a little bit of a spoiler on this. Sorry.

The movie is alright. It seems really bad at first but give it 15 minutes. It starts to get interesting.

The male lead being a former military grade scientist is casting against type. I didn't think it worked very well but YMMV. The female lead is great, really sells the character. Despite that, their relationship didn't really work for me.

The premise is also fairly original. No, not the time loop, but (spoiler for a pretty good part of the premise) what if EVERYONE gradually realized they were getting groundhog day'd?

The time stuff has one huge problem that I'll spoiler below:

the twin reveals at the end is that the time loop has repeated thousands of times, and the time loop only extends about 200 feet from the ARQ. Well the problem here is that the main bad guy, Sonny, calls in people/robots from outside the loop! So from outside the loop, the perspective is: the same guy keeps calling for a pickup every couple of hours, eternally, and whenever they send robots they disappear or are otherwise prevented from interacting with the house. So how the hell does that work?

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 19, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
If anyone still hasn't watched it, Stranger Things is so freaking good. The child actors they used are really well directed and don't come off as insufferable as I was expecting during the first 15 minutes of the first episode.

Trying to decide what to watch between now and Luke Cage on the 30th. Prefer something short or easy to pick back up after I marathon LC.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Every once in a while I like to find the worst movie I can on Netflix, so I'm pretty glad I found Casting Couch (looks like it's on Canadian only).

The premise is like a douchebag version of Takashi Miike's Audition, only the plan works perfectly and everyone gets laid.

Aside from being technically incompetent on multiple levels, it's racist and homophobic in addition to being very misogynistic. For example, there's a female character who is in on the scheme, and ends up dumping her boyfriend for one of the guys behind the fake auditions because her boyfriend was surly about the fake movie's gay director constantly trying to rape him. This is seen as a sweet moment because the guy she ends up with had "his" girl stolen by another character after that character decided he would prefer to have sex with a white girl instead of the asian he agred to gently caress in order to not seem racist.

The real punchline comes during the end credits, when you find out that the actors in the movie are also the guys who wrote, directed, and produced it- meaning that they made a movie about themselves making a movie in order to cast girls to gently caress, as a way for them to actually cast girls to gently caress.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Is there any easy way to organize my Netflix queue? I hate having them all in random order and their drag-and-drop interface on the website is loving terrible.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Brocktoon posted:

Is there any easy way to organize my Netflix queue? I hate having them all in random order and their drag-and-drop interface on the website is loving terrible.

No, because nothing on Netflix's site can be easy, it's a piece of poo poo and it always has been.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
You can now organize your queue by entering in the precise number you want a film to be in on the list, but that's about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm pretty sure Netflix legitimately tries to make it as hard as possible for people to actually watch anything.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007
It's the worst on Apple TV too because I have way too much stuff on my list, so I'm scrolling forever to find things, and it only gives you the one row.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I wonder sometimes if Netflix's charming ineptness makes people more fond of it, particularly the part where it takes them years to make basic changes to the UI.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Jean Claude van Johnson really needs to be picked up for a full season.

Don't get me wrong: I loved it.

I just don't think it's possible for the joke to not wear out before midway through the second episode.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Doctor Butts posted:

Don't get me wrong: I loved it.

I just don't think it's possible for the joke to not wear out before midway through the second episode.

In what way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I wonder sometimes if Netflix's charming ineptness makes people more fond of it, particularly the part where it takes them years to make basic changes to the UI.

Amazon primes is much worst. hulu's is really bad as well.