Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
raidou 2 is a good game. too bad they only made like 10 copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Missed 4/20 opportunity there

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

raidou 2 is a good game. too bad they only made like 10 copies.

I am one of the ones who bought those 10 copies

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I still have my Raiho plushie :3:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Coughing Hobo posted:

I still have my Raiho plushie :3:

I gave mine to my little sister but she still has it!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I lost my Raiho and I'm still mad about it

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Checking in as one of the 20 people who bought Raidou 2. My Raiho plushie is sitting on my dresser right now.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I am one of the 20 people who bought Raidou 2 but I didn't get one, maybe since it was not first-run, or used or something

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I had a raiho, it got stolen

I really need to finish raidou 1 and 2, also my phone keeps autocorrecting raidou to raisin lol

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Finishing Raidou 1 is pretty optional, even if it does have a really cool final boss. The game unfortunately just does not hold up well at all, it's just really clunky and slow.

Definitely finish 2 tho, that game is amazing.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I got my copy second-hand from my sis's ex after he said he got bored of it. Burned through it during a summer and got all four crowns. It was a pretty good time. Masakados can go gently caress himself, though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I planned to 100% finish Raidou 1 before I bought Raidou 2 but I never did, and I couldn't find Raidou 2 again.

Moral of the story: buy all games

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
I still want to beat the Raidou games before Persona 5 comes out.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
A man and his cat-van.

I actually just found a used copy of Raidou 2 at a Gamestop for like 20 bucks several years ago. I don't know if that was a reprint.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 18, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alteisen posted:

http://gamingtrend.com/reviews/its-not-the-end-of-the-world-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-review/

Man what is Atlus thinking? Sexist demon designs, ugg, gross ick, so triggered right now.

You'd think the apocalypse would be more sensible, so gross.

Please point on the video games where the feminism touched you.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Terper posted:

Morgana: AIGHT SHITLORDS LISSEN UP WE GONA MAKE MAD BANK

So do the Phantom Thieves ever actually steal money for themselves or are they like those ninjas who don't assassinate anyone and the pirates who don't plunder?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Arbite posted:

So do the Phantom Thieves ever actually steal money for themselves or are they like those ninjas who don't assassinate anyone and the pirates who don't plunder?

Well we know they accost several demons and take money from their corpses at least.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
I assume there's no way to turn off the ins anely annoying very helpful button legend in Persona 5, is there?

I think I can remember that Triangle brings up the menu. I think.

Also, word on the street is P5 is getting a PS4 Pro patch? Pro compatibility for what is ostensibly a PS3 port is very funny to me for some reason.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

LordMune posted:

I assume there's no way to turn off the ins anely annoying very helpful button legend in Persona 5, is there?

I think I can remember that Triangle brings up the menu. I think.

Also, word on the street is P5 is getting a PS4 Pro patch? Pro compatibility for what is ostensibly a PS3 port is very funny to me for some reason.

Probably to display the game in 4k is all i can think of, it already runs at 1080p60fps afaik

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Alteisen posted:

http://gamingtrend.com/reviews/its-not-the-end-of-the-world-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-review/

Man what is Atlus thinking? Sexist demon designs, ugg, gross ick, so triggered right now.

You'd think the apocalypse would be more sensible, so gross.

Also I started to read this but it seems that most of this guy's complaints stem from the fact that apocalypse isn't a fully fledged sequel and is more of an expansion story that builds off of iv

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Business in the front:

Party in the back.

i'm the GTA map

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Small things I appreciate for the talking scenes:
-A lot more detail in character movement.
-the mouths actually on the character models themselves, along with the portrait head.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
ImpAtom I need more screenshots of Morgana.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Can I flirt with Ryoji

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Igor's a social link!? :swoon:

I bet Igor's the traitor.

Luna Was Here posted:

best soundtrack. the words "had the best soundtrack" are supposed to be within that post at some point.

Oh, I thought for sure it was "most misshapen breasts"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If this game is running at 60fps then I sure as hell am not noticing it, because it looks like it's 30 on PS4 to me. I haven't taken it off my capture card though and fed it to a directly to the TV yet tho so that might be why.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Coughing Hobo posted:

ImpAtom I need more screenshots of Morgana.

Arbite posted:

Nah, you totally steal poo poo, though I'm a little unclear how 'real' most of that poo poo is. It's real enough to sell for real money though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Have you gotten to the beach scene yet? Or probably not, since apparently it takes a long while to get Makoto.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Baal posted:

If this game is running at 60fps then I sure as hell am not noticing it, because it looks like it's 30 on PS4 to me. I haven't taken it off my capture card though and fed it to a directly to the TV yet tho so that might be why.

When I eventually get my copy I'll know for sure. Are you capturing at 60fps or are you at 30? I can capture it at 60 and see if there's a difference between it and something actually running at 60 but all of the trailers gave me the impression it ran at 60 so I'll be very disappointed if it isn't

Not gonna stop me from bumbling about in nipponspeak game though

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Could someone link me the mini boss theme it's my favourite but I'm afraid of YouTube spoilers

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Luna Was Here posted:

When I eventually get my copy I'll know for sure. Are you capturing at 60fps or are you at 30? I can capture it at 60 and see if there's a difference between it and something actually running at 60 but all of the trailers gave me the impression it ran at 60 so I'll be very disappointed if it isn't

Not gonna stop me from bumbling about in nipponspeak game though

I'm trying to capture at 60, but my card's older so it might not be able to do that. It has yet to tell me I can't do it, but I'll stream today at some point and then switch the outputs to test it out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Could someone link me the mini boss theme it's my favourite but I'm afraid of YouTube spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RinUH5wet4

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

Have you gotten to the beach scene yet? Or probably not, since apparently it takes a long while to get Makoto.

I'm only able to play in spurts unfortunately due to work so I'm just a little past the first dungeon and only now unlocked the ability to go outside at night.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just got introduced to the second target and I'm p sure that beach scene ain't gonna be until Summer because Futaba is in it and she hasn't shown up yet.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Thanks I knew you were my fourth favorite ex mod for a reason

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The random dungeons are not as exciting as the main ones but on the other hand you get to drive around in a cat-bus ramming into enemies. soooo still an improvement.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Feels like a lot of voices got replaced for SMT4A. Hope I'm wrong and Atlus aren't cheaping out.
On the plus side I enjoy Dagda and his accent.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liam O Brien has been flat out been replaced as Navarre, but otherwise everyone sounds the same except Flynn who actually has a voice now compared to before where Pappenbrook just did his grunts.

ImpAtom posted:

The random dungeons are not as exciting as the main ones but on the other hand you get to drive around in a cat-bus ramming into enemies. soooo still an improvement.

Yeah, Mementos has been sort of whatever, but this second target business is about to get started and I'm excited.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Flynn is voiced by REO Speedwagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay so I idled for a minute in mementos and got taken off guard by Death and couldn't escape so I just died, good to know.