Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Platystemon posted:

Most of the LIFE HACKS in this list are, in fact, (bad) recipes.

So your picture is the only good one? Because I'm trying to think of any kind of world where BOWL MADE OF DELICIOUS BACON is a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

flosofl posted:

So your picture is the only good one? Because I'm trying to think of any kind of world where BOWL MADE OF DELICIOUS BACON is a bad thing.

Using it to serve salad seems counterproductive.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

flosofl posted:

What's the point though? It just looks awkward and inconvenient to eat, you still need to put it on a plate, and it's way more effort than just cooking it normally.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kwyndig posted:

Using it to serve salad seems counterproductive.

only if you're trying to not eat bacon?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

flosofl posted:

A world where you don't want to get a heart attack.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Goon: *eats a single pork rind, heart explodes through the sternum like a chestburster*

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Goons only eat in bodyweight increments, so portion control more fine-grained than "attempted photosynthesis" and "american" is not possible.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Platystemon posted:

Most of the LIFE HACKS in this list are, in fact, (bad) recipes.

The watermelon as a meat substitute one bugs the poo poo out of me. Never mind that it's basically going to be hosed up charcoal tasting watermelon, it's not a "meat substitute", it's got like, 0 grams of loving protein.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Seriously. I like to use sautéed portabello mushrooms in place of meat because meat can get horribly expensive.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
what kind of loving idiot would even want a bacon bowl

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
That's not even a serious bacon bowl. It's more like a basket, it'll never hold the melted cheese.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Waci posted:

Goons only eat in bodyweight increments, so portion control more fine-grained than "attempted photosynthesis" and "american" is not possible.

Photosynthesis would require sunlight so the goon's attempt was doomed to fail from the start.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Dareon posted:

That's not even a serious bacon bowl. It's more like a basket, it'll never hold the melted cheese.

That's why you make six of them and stack them so that as the cheese melts it soaks through layer by layer before you shove the whole thing in your loving throat and die crying with joy.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Seriously. I like to use sautéed portabello mushrooms in place of meat because meat can get horribly expensive.

Just grilled, two portbellos can make for a lovely bread replacement in a sandwich.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

If you don't live in a civilised country where bread is available.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

White bread is basically cake.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Lifehack: replace the the bread in your sandwich with two grilled portobello mushrooms and the meat in your sandwich also with a grilled portobello mushroom.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Lifehack: replace the the bread in your sandwich with two grilled portobello mushrooms and the meat in your sandwich also with a grilled portobello mushroom.

It's like a double down only with mushrooms instead of delicious chicken. I don't know how I feel about that.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

corn in the bible posted:

what kind of loving idiot would even want a bacon bowl

Bacon, beards, etc. It's just poo poo that got INTERNET POPULAR.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Len posted:

It's like a double down only with delicious mushrooms instead of chicken. I don't know how I feel about that.

FTFY

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Facebook Aunt posted:

People who say this clearly have not eaten US made cake. You think the chocolate has too much sugar?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Choco1980 posted:

People who say this clearly have not eaten US made cake. You think the chocolate has too much sugar?

Also wheat bread exists. As do non-HFCs breads. People just like to go:

BREAD IS BASICALLY CAKE
:byodood:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

This doesn't actually work, even misting the dough beforehand does a better job and thats still crap if you want a really crusty bread. If you really want steam in a normal oven, fill a roasting pan full of lava rocks, let them preheat with the oven, and when you put the bread in, toss water in the rocks and close that fucker before the steam escapes and murders you

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Facebook Aunt posted:

I don't think I've seen anyone over the age of ten eat white bread, ever.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Control Volume posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about

cake. do try to keep up.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

cake. do try to keep up.

Tell me the differences between "US made cake" and other cake using personal examples

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

European cake is made of meat

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoshi posted:

I don't think I've seen anyone over the age of ten eat white bread, ever.

My parents buy only this because their favorite sandwiches are that, mayo, and 79 cent sous from piggly wiggly

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Control Volume posted:

Tell me the differences between "US made cake" and other cake using personal examples

I'm basing this logic train on the fact that Europeans think white bread apparently tastes just like what they think cake should taste like. (And extrapolating the fact that most Europeans can't stand the level of sugar in our fat american candy as well). If they think white bread is as sweet as cake well...that just tells me a lot about their cake.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

I'm basing this logic train on the fact that Europeans think white bread apparently tastes just like what they think cake should taste like. (And extrapolating the fact that most Europeans can't stand the level of sugar in our fat american candy as well). If they think white bread is as sweet as cake well...that just tells me a lot about their cake.

Scrape the frosting off a lovely storebought cake and it tastes almost exactly like wonderbread. Hell, its even got the awful texture!

You dont know what sweet is until you dive into middle eastern desserts

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Latvia cake is made by potato.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Control Volume posted:

Scrape the frosting off a lovely storebought cake and it tastes almost exactly like wonderbread. Hell, its even got the awful texture!

You dont know what sweet is until you dive into middle eastern desserts

I don't know if it's my taste buds or yours that are broken but one of us has broken taste buds.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It says more about the cake than the white bread to say that cake tastes like white bread. Even if they are equal sweetness the cake should stand apart due to spices, oil, and/or eggs.

If it comes in a cellophane bag in the US it probably has too much sugar whether its white, wheat, or HFC free because it makes it easier to turn brown when toasting.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Len posted:

I don't know if it's my taste buds or yours that are broken but one of us has broken taste buds.

It probably just means you havent eaten that sort of vile cake, or you just didnt realize it because your tastebuds were being assaulted by the frosting that usually comes with it

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

sorry about your bland rear end cakes, bro

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The height of the storebought cake experience is someone buying one for a celebration and everyone mills around it talking with other people about how they really hate that sort of cake (frosting especially), a few brave souls will grab a piece and eat one or two bites before carrying around the rest for an hour before tossing it, and the host tries desperately to pawn off the rest of it to people so they arent stuck with the cheapest cake known to man to languish in their fridge because they "dont like wasting food"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Control Volume posted:

The height of the storebought cake experience is someone buying one for a celebration and everyone mills around it talking with other people about how they really hate that sort of cake (frosting especially), a few brave souls will grab a piece and eat one or two bites before carrying around the rest for an hour before tossing it, and the host tries desperately to pawn off the rest of it to people so they arent stuck with the cheapest cake known to man to languish in their fridge because they "dont like wasting food"

Are you talking about cakes from an actual bakery (i.e. store that does nothing other than cookies and cakes) or from a grocery store?

Because if you get them from a grocery store, that might be your problem.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Buttercream frosting really is the worst. At Walmart it comes in giant 25 pound tubs and you can almost feel the diabetes coming from it.

I work for a place that just acquired a cupcake store and the majority of them have buttercream frosting. The recipe is literally "stick of butter and a baseball sized glob of crisco" followed by I think ten or so cups of powder sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Artificial vanilla flavor isn't a spice.