Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liberty_MI
Jun 7, 2002

You can protect yourself from Radioactive Fallout... get the facts! From your Civil Defense Director.
motherfucker shot my pukins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
yospos did a secret santa and someone sent a broken dreamcast full of meal worms lol

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Geirskogul posted:

Do any of the original fingat pictures exist? The fire pit, the fake gamecube baked beans poop, etc?

I think it's in the Goldmine on the Front Page archives somewhere. That's where I saw them.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

GBS raised ~$130,000 for a school in Haiti before deciding a hotdog stand was a better investment

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Jose posted:

yospos did a secret santa and someone sent a broken dreamcast full of meal worms lol

The YOSPOS secret santa has produced many quality gifts and posts. Here are a few:

-Sega Dreamcast filled with mealworms

-a santee who joked about needing a new mattress, then came home one day to find a mattress on their doorstep

-a santa who lived in the same town as their santee, so they put the gifts in a creepy storage unit and sent the santee the key

-a santee who received a box via US postal service with big labels saying LIVE LADYBUGS. there were ladybugs inside. this is because the santee had posted about learning to garden and the santa knew that ladybugs were good for the specific plants the santee mentioned. santee then put the box in the fridge (which is how you can store ladybugs until spring, apparently), and later had to run to the kitchen because his wife was screaming about bugs in the fridge.

-i received a santee one year who listed a couple of things they liked, and also the stipulation that they be sent no apple products whatsoever. so i sent them the steve jobs biography as a joke. then this happened:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YsrCKvbi27E

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Das Boo posted:

Dog dammit, Dare.

please leave dogs out of this they did nothing wrong

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Meet Jed was the definitive story that got me hooked to SA about ten years ago. I don't care if it was fabricated or not, that story had a sense of realness and prose that really made an impression on me.

http://www.wyseguys.com/blag/lovely-roommate/meet-jed/

I always enjoyed the aggregated stories in the classic Comedy Goldmine series "Awkward Sexual Encounters" and everything ever written by Adaptive Systems

https://adaptivesystems.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/adapt-ebook.pdf

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

-i received a santee one year who listed a couple of things they liked, and also the stipulation that they be sent no apple products whatsoever. so i sent them the steve jobs biography as a joke. then this happened:

that is beautiful

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
quoting myself from QCS since more people post in GBS and it was one of the funniest posts on SA and hopefully someone can find it

Jose posted:

someone got upset in the book barn about harry potter becuase they were forced to live in a cupboard under the stairs or something. does anyone remember that post?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Brown Moses declaring Caro dead after fifteen minutes of feverish Google searching, only for the prodigal son to survive.

Mods knew.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

Jose posted:

quoting myself from QCS since more people post in GBS and it was one of the funniest posts on SA and hopefully someone can find it

I remember but idk where it came from. could also of been an fyad post making fun of someone. for some reason id say it was in last years goon mock thread in fyad.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Blacktoll posted:

Brown Moses declaring Caro dead after fifteen minutes of feverish Google searching, only for the prodigal son to survive.

Mods knew.

does anyone know where caro is now?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Writing blogs and being a whiny fucker.

But I guess he's allowed.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
he still not released pt.3 i sense a conspiracy

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Nation posted:

he still not released pt.3 i sense a conspiracy

CARO: *wakes up in a dark prison cell* "Huh? Where am I? ..d'aaaaawwwww, not again!!"

*cue laugh track and audience applause, freeze frame on caro doing an exaggerated shrug*

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

God Hole posted:

Meet Jed was the definitive story that got me hooked to SA about ten years ago. I don't care if it was fabricated or not, that story had a sense of realness and prose that really made an impression on me.

http://www.wyseguys.com/blag/lovely-roommate/meet-jed/

I always enjoyed the aggregated stories in the classic Comedy Goldmine series "Awkward Sexual Encounters" and everything ever written by Adaptive Systems

https://adaptivesystems.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/adapt-ebook.pdf

Jfc I just read that Meet Jed story. I hope to Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ it's fake.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Lutha Mahtin posted:

loving pro-click if I ever did see one. SA never fails to deliver

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
anne frank fanfic killed a guy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

Writing blogs and being a whiny fucker.

But I guess he's allowed.

no, no, Caro, not Brown Moses

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
which serial re-regger has spent the most on the forums anyway, do you think?
infact arent there quite a few of those now, thought it was mostly bitchkilla back in the day but now im not sure how many still take the "you'll get bored of banning me first!" race to the bottom of their wallet stance

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Blacktoll posted:

Mods knew.

My friend this is the one case where you can say definitively that mods didn't knew

Also what happened to Mayor Wilkins, Icequeen, Ozma etc? I've always kept away from the politics of the forums (despite thinking Helldump was A++) but apparently they all got ran out?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I Said No posted:

which serial re-regger has spent the most on the forums anyway, do you think?
infact arent there quite a few of those now, thought it was mostly bitchkilla back in the day but now im not sure how many still take the "you'll get bored of banning me first!" race to the bottom of their wallet stance

I'd wager that Jon Pop spent the most actual money the last couple of years, although Spoonful of Bromide spent enough to probably get a mention.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I miss Kyoon.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I miss Kyoon.

As do I, he made my job as an Illuminati informant very easy.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
The platypus gif made me laugh every god drat time

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Well, that was gay

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

The YOSPOS secret santa has produced many quality gifts and posts. Here are a few:

-a santee who joked about needing a new mattress, then came home one day to find a mattress on their doorstep

-a santa who lived in the same town as their santee, so they put the gifts in a creepy storage unit and sent the santee the key

-a santee who received a box via US postal service with big labels saying LIVE LADYBUGS. there were ladybugs inside. this is because the santee had posted about learning to garden and the santa knew that ladybugs were good for the specific plants the santee mentioned. santee then put the box in the fridge (which is how you can store ladybugs until spring, apparently), and later had to run to the kitchen because his wife was screaming about bugs in the fridge.

Holy loving poo poo that video is actually amazing. I watched at least 2/3 of it

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Rambling Robot posted:

does anyone know where caro is now?

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Caro will make a self-proclaiming post upon the following date:

September 22nd, 2016
at or around
9:37am (EST)

Caro, if you're reading this, I know what you're thinking (do it and I'll let you pick the smiley).

:crossfingat:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I was told by a goon who has lizard pets that the mealworms in that Dreamcast were high quality and would have not been cheap for the amount of them.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it was madeupfred who did the dreamcast he told me he also sent a bag of straight up trash to a reddit secret Santa that same year

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
what username is win98 posting under now? he loves the gibbis too much to not be here.

Celluloid Sam posted:

it was madeupfred who did the dreamcast he told me he also sent a bag of straight up trash to a reddit secret Santa that same year

cool, how's oli?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

two forty posted:

what username is win98 posting under now? he loves the gibbis too much to not be here.

cool, how's oli?

hes doing good he's sleeping right now and has been behaving really well and hardly ever cries he's just so great I love him

Guilt of Sanity
Sep 20, 2016

by Smythe

Celluloid Sam posted:

hes doing good he's sleeping right now and has been behaving really well and hardly ever cries he's just so great I love him

shawn lovebomb hosed hookers with drunk driving dare and got accused of rape did u heard?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Guilt of Sanity posted:

shawn lovebomb hosed hookers with drunk driving dare and got accused of rape did u heard?

okay dare

Guilt of Sanity
Sep 20, 2016

by Smythe

lol pussy

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im hope you get help

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
that's great sid, i'm legitimately happy for you and your family.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

two forty posted:

that's great sid, i'm legitimately happy for you and your family.

thanks man I've been rrally learning a lot about changing poopy diapers haha

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Either you had a baby or a geriatric parent moved in with you. Congrats if it's a baby! Think of the inheritance if it's a parent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Solice Kirsk posted:

Either you had a baby or a geriatric parent moved in with you. Congrats if it's a baby! Think of the inheritance if it's a parent.

I was going to guess adopting a dog.