Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Whats the odds that Alshon Jefferey and Jordan Matthews combine for less than 36.45 points tonight in 1 ppr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Teemu Pokemon posted:

.......dennis pitta???

I dunno either.

It's HGH

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Doltos posted:

Whats the odds that Alshon Jefferey and Jordan Matthews combine for less than 36.45 points tonight in 1 ppr?

Probably 50/50

e: Maybe even 60/40

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Cervixalot posted:

Josh Doctson is a pretty good pickup this week if you have the space to stash someone for a few weeks. He was Cousin's first look in the red zone on three straight drives, and they were really trying to force a fade to him in the end zone.

He went under the radar a bit pre-season due to an achilles injury, but its clear that the Skins want to use him, and he becomes a top target on a heavy pass offense if Reed or DJax goes down.

Great upside esp. In standard, and Crowder looks like a solid pickup for PPR

While they continuously forced red zone targets to him, he looked awful on every one and looked like he had little chance to catch any of them.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
So glad I listened to the "Sell high on Melvin Gordon advice". I traded Gordon for Landry to the person I'm playing this week, which took Landry out of his flex and he inserted Diggs who would otherwise have been on his bench. Shot myself in the dick.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gobias Ind. posted:

Probably 50/50

e: Maybe even 60/40

I scored exactly 152 points and yahoo is predicting my opponent scores 152.1

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Just saw the play where Abdullah got hurt. Dude ran like a bat out of hell before going down.

Get well soon buddy, can't wait to see more of this.

edit: lol looks like the lions finally found a guy who can run around trucking dudes on the ground, good for them.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 19, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

While they continuously forced red zone targets to him, he looked awful on every one and looked like he had little chance to catch any of them.

Some of that was more on Cousins than him, IMO.

Either way, he's a rookie that needs some polish (he didn't really play this pre-season), but he's in a situation where he's worth a stash due to getting volume in the red zone on a team that will be passing a lot.

It's all dependent on league size and number of bench spots, but given his situation, I think he's worth a roster spot over a backup QB or TE or whatever. If you don't trust the talent, flip him to a leaguemate after he inevitably gets a flukey multiple TD game and tops every Waiver Wire pickups column.

Maybe it's premature, but I'd rather be too early to the party than too late if I can afford the roster spot.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm down 1 point with my Ryan Mathews vs his Jordan Matthews tonight. (non-ppr)

Gonna be interesting, but I like my chances.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Doltos posted:

I'm up against the same combo in non-PPR but I'm up by 14 and still have Langford so I think I'll be okay.

Super-wishing I had taken the chance and started Tyrell Williams over Hilton though.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Doltos posted:

I need Jordan Matthews to get less than 21 tonight so I will be on your team rooting.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I need 19 points from the Eagles DST tonight. So you're saying there's a chance...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Morning guys! Just wanted to pop in and comment on the Freeman/Coleman talk from pages ago. As someone who watched every snap yesterday, it does seem like they are sticking to their guns on the RBBC approach. Freeman looked great, like the better runner yesterday but every time he would get going, in came Coleman...so it does appear to be leaning more towards the RBBC instead of "ride the hot hand", at least that was the case yesterday. I also have no idea, but they didn't target him once in the passing game yesterday...I don't get it. The frustrating thing is you have to keep starting him even in RBBC because he has shown how productive he can be...even sharing the load. No targets in the passing game really hurt though, especially in PPR.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Doltos posted:

You hosed, my brotha'

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Prophecy120 posted:

So glad I listened to the "Sell high on Melvin Gordon advice". I traded Gordon for Landry to the person I'm playing this week, which took Landry out of his flex and he inserted Diggs who would otherwise have been on his bench. Shot myself in the dick.

No offense, but that wasn't a wise move to begin with. I only think the "sell high" approach works with injury prone guys (e.g., if Arian Foster had 3 TDs in week one) or if it's someone who had an abnormal day and doesn't normally get that opportunity (e.g., the third WR goes off) or if it's someone who won't have the same opportunity going forward. Even before the Woodhead injury, Gordon was in a pretty good position to succeed.

So many injuries yesterday. My bench RBs - Sims, CMike, McKinnon - might be starting next week.

And Vance McDonald. I don't know what to make of this guy. I feel like I have to keep starting him until he fails me, even if he's getting no looks at all.

commish fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 19, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Just saw the play where Abdullah got hurt. Dude ran like a bat out of hell before going down.

Get well soon buddy, can't wait to see more of this.

edit: lol looks like the lions finally found a guy who can run around trucking dudes on the ground, good for them.

This week has been quite the RB meatgrinder. For me: AP, Abdullah.

Where's my mommy

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 19, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

This week has been quite the RB meatgrinde. For me: AP, Abdullah.

Where's my mommy

I've got Woodhead and Abdullah in a ton of teams, Rawls, Jennings, and Martin each in one or two, and relying on Hyde and Mathews in many as well :/ I'm going to have lots of teams with a ragged RB corps before the season's done

Edit: Oh, I meant to ask since I couldn't see the game, how'd Parker look? Obviously the final line looks great, but was that pretty reflective of his play?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm thinking about trading T. Coleman to the Freeman owner to get some WR depth. Does aiming for Shepard or Sanders look alright?
0PPR, my other RB's are Demarco, Ware, Charles, Gore and Crowell.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Ugh, Freeman and Fleener are killing me this season. Unfortunately, it seems like my league mates do the seem to be interested in trades at all either as any offers just get ignored. Oh well.

Anyway, I am thinking of grabbing either Z. Miller or D. Pitta off of the wire since Fleener has done poo poo all so far and I figure it might be good to bench him. I'm torn between the two though.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

jadebullet posted:

Ugh, Freeman and Fleener are killing me this season. Unfortunately, it seems like my league mates do the seem to be interested in trades at all either as any offers just get ignored. Oh well.

Anyway, I am thinking of grabbing either Z. Miller or D. Pitta off of the wire since Fleener has done poo poo all so far and I figure it might be good to bench him. I'm torn between the two though.

Grab Pitta. Grab Miller after Pitta's hips explode.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Early reports this morning are that Peterson was walking under his own power on his way to get his MRI, so it may be worth it to ignore what I said earlier about McKinnon and offload him before it comes out that it's only a four week injury (reminder: Vikings bye is week six).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

jadebullet posted:

Fire Fleener into the sun and pick up literally anyone else. Don't even bother with the bench.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
It's a good week to move up waiver priority if you don't need to make any moves/are towards the bottom.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

aellisr posted:

It's not nerdy at all. It helps explain why guys who have immense talent that can't hold on to the ball, or catch the ball reliably, don't become integral fantasy producers and also get pushed down depth charts. Subtract -12 points from a players game for each fumble and you get closer to the coaching staff's evaluation of their day, so in Zeke's case, he is ~ -20 on the season. You could extrapolate that further to include missed blocks, unfinished routes, or missing holes that the line creates and assign further deductions to explain why players that might have a good fantasy day one week wind up dissipating the next.

Absolutely. In a coach's mind a lost fumble is essentially a lost touchdown. I wouldn't necessarily penalize a player to that extent (same argument for interceptions), but when evaluating someone it's worth considering.

IcePhoenix posted:

McKinnon is going to look a lot different when the Vikings are actually gameplanning around him getting a significant amount of snaps so I don't see any problem with holding out for a better deal from an AP owner than a WR3, especially in PPR. Granted the next game for the Vikings is @ Carolina so if you're holding out for a better deal it may take a few weeks.

McKinnon is going to be vultured by Asiata left and right. He's absolutely worth picking up and is likely startable, but personally I would try to move him as quickly as possible before we know more about AP's injury and the AP owner has come to his senses.

Cervixalot posted:

Josh Doctson is a pretty good pickup this week if you have the space to stash someone for a few weeks. He was Cousin's first look in the red zone on three straight drives, and they were really trying to force a fade to him in the end zone.

He went under the radar a bit pre-season due to an achilles injury, but its clear that the Skins want to use him, and he becomes a top target on a heavy pass offense if Reed or DJax goes down.

Great upside esp. In standard, and Crowder looks like a solid pickup for PPR

Josh Doctson has very high upside, but he's still a rookie and more importantly Cousins looks completely out of his depth. His confidence is nonexistent, the rumors that the locker room (aka DJax) is getting pissed at him are likely going to hurt morale, and any positively I might have felt about Washington is slowly starting to drain. Maybe Cousins will turn it around (he has in the past), but this is purely a mental thing and he has a history of faltering. The conversation this time two years ago was about how Cousins looked like a kicked puppy every time he lost and had to be benched for McCoy (who then got hurt). Assuming Kirk does pull his head out of his rear end you then have Doctson competing with Garcon, Reed, Crowder, and Jackson for looks. That said I completely agree that he's worth stashing if you have the bench space, just don't expect miracles.

commish posted:

No offense, but that wasn't a wise move to begin with. I only think the "sell high" approach works with injury prone guys (e.g., if Arian Foster had 3 TDs in week one) or if it's someone who had an abnormal day and doesn't normally get that opportunity (e.g., the third WR goes off) or if it's someone who won't have the same opportunity going forward. Even before the Woodhead injury, Gordon was in a pretty good position to succeed.

This is something I struggled with as well. I ended up keeping Gordon mostly because the "sell high" arguments ignored the possibility that Gordon was really good, the likelihood that Woodhead might falter due to age, and the fact that the distribution of carries was from a single game where their star player got hurt.

Matt Jones might be an interesting person to look at. Washington is being heavily criticized for how little they relied on the ground game yesterday. Washington threw 46 times and only ran the ball 17 (including two runs by the QB). In spite of only getting 13 touches Jones got 61 yards and a TD, plus another 4 yards receiving. Assuming things balance out in the future Jones might be a buy low candidate.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
It's me, the Matt Jones owner dancing triumphant and then oh that's another fumble oh okay.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Is Hilton's outlook changed much if Moncrief misses time, more coverage vs more opportunity? What about Dwayne Allen? It doesn't seem like Dorsett will really be able to step into Moncrief's role in the offense, right?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

It's me, the Matt Jones owner dancing triumphant and then oh that's another fumble oh okay.

Last week I almost cut Jones straight up, this week I don't know. Maybe sell high to low info owners? I dunno, he's sucked.

E: by sell high I mean, pick up someone who could contribute to your flex consistently.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Is Hilton's outlook changed much if Moncrief misses time, more coverage vs more opportunity? What about Dwayne Allen? It doesn't seem like Dorsett will really be able to step into Moncrief's role in the offense, right?

Well Hilton has 23 targets in 2 games (2nd in the NFL) and a historical aDOT around ~12-15 so I'd say his outlook is pretty good regardless of whatever the hell Dorsett and Moncrief are up to.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

commish posted:

Funny because before the Woodhead injury people said getting Landry for Gordon in a PPR league was theft. Fantasy Football :v:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

IcePhoenix posted:

Early reports this morning are that Peterson was walking under his own power on his way to get his MRI, so it may be worth it to ignore what I said earlier about McKinnon and offload him before it comes out that it's only a four week injury (reminder: Vikings bye is week six).

The nanobots are doing their job I see. He should be good to go for Week 4.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Any thoughts on what I should do with my team, if anything? Half PPR with 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX.

QB: Cam Newton, Tom Brady
RB: David Johnson, Matt Forte, Melvin Gordon, Isaiah Crowell, Matt Jones
WR: Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Stefon Diggs, Will Fuller, Tyrell Williams, Mike Wallace
TE: Gary Barnidge

I'm thinking of making a few offers. Last week the Marvin Jones player was open to accepting Tom Brady for him but I'm not sure if that's the case anymore. I might also try to move Matt Jones for DeVante Parker or maybe even TY Hilton.

Thoughts?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Any thoughts on what I should do with my team, if anything? Half PPR with 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX.

WR: Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Stefon Diggs, Will Fuller, Tyrell Williams, Mike Wallace

I'm thinking of making a few offers. Last week the Marvin Jones player was open to accepting Tom Brady for him but I'm not sure if that's the case anymore. I might also try to move Matt Jones for DeVante Parker or maybe even TY Hilton.

Thoughts?

I'm confused why you wouldn't have taken that Brady for Marvin trade. Crazy. Also you should trade Matt Jones for anyone. Hilton would be such an overpay for him.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thoughts?

I would trade Brady for Jones if you still can, and try to package Dez or Cobb plus Matt Jones for a WR upgrade to an RB needy team.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Should I spend a chunk of change on Fozzy Whitaker is he an illusion?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm confused why you wouldn't have taken that Brady for Marvin trade. Crazy. Also you should trade Matt Jones for anyone. Hilton would be such an overpay for him.

She wanted to wait a week because I was playing her. I just re-offered the trade in the hopes of getting it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thoughts?

Only spot I can see you upgrading is your TE.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cervixalot posted:

I would trade Brady for Jones if you still can, and try to package Dez or Cobb plus Matt Jones for a WR upgrade to an RB needy team.

Who would you aim for? I think Dez is going to only get better as the chemistry with Dak improves or Romo comes back but I think Davante Adams is making Cobb less viable. Maybe Cobb and Jones for Hilton? Too much?

SeannieDarko posted:

Only spot I can see you upgrading is your TE.

Yeah I'm not sure what to do there. Maybe do a 2 for 1 like above and then grab Pitta or someone off the WW.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

kiimo posted:

Should I spend a chunk of change on Fozzy Whitaker is he an illusion?

I'd classify him as a competent handcuff a la DeAngelo Williams or Spencer Ware. If J Stew is kept out by this injury next week he'll absolutely be a great plug and play RB2, and if J Stew goes out for an extended period of time I'd say he should absolutely be owned in any 10 team or higher league. But when J Stew is active, no, there's probably not much use in starting Fozzy.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

timp posted:

I'd classify him as a competent handcuff a la DeAngelo Williams or Spencer Ware. If J Stew is kept out by this injury next week he'll absolutely be a great plug and play RB2, and if J Stew goes out for an extended period of time I'd say he should absolutely be owned in any 10 team or higher league. But when J Stew is active, no, there's probably not much use in starting Fozzy.

Just curious, but why would you consider him on the level of a DeAngelo or Ware? Both of those guys are extremely talented RBs in great situations that have shown they can produce RB1 weeks.

JStew has missed a good amount of time over the past few seasons, and it always seems to be a morass of an RBBC with a mix of Whittaker, Tolbert and CAP with nobody startable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

She wanted to wait a week because I was playing her. I just re-offered the trade in the hopes of getting it.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Hopefully you can make it happen still, would be really nice for you.

• Locked thread