Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Rexroom posted:

Quoting this to appreciate it even more.

It's a lovely fanboy post and even makes a "Playstation has no games" joke. elf help book is the new VirtualBoyColor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

What's it like to hate fun and funny things

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Weeping Wound posted:

On moonless nights, some say that the Nintendo building reappears from the mist like a ghost, the haze rising around, and still swear that one day that they will return to tell what the NX really is.

If you wish to obtain the NX you must brave not just the haunted office but reach the heart of the mirrored, upside-down headquarters above it, and face that which you find waiting for you.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Not a Children posted:

Find out this March with the Nintendo Chronicles X

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

bloodychill posted:

It's a lovely fanboy post and even makes a "Playstation has no games" joke. elf help book is the new VirtualBoyColor.

Sorry, let me speak your language. The Xbox one has the wrong ram.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I cannot wait to own the new Nintendo console.
My WiiU has been the best gaming purchase (aside from the games on it) in the last decade or so.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

sout posted:

I'm desperately searching for wordplay involving the letters N and X. Annex is a word, I guess?
Goldmine.

The NX is actually part of Shinjo Abe's plan to increase Japanese military capability so they can start reconquering (aNneXing) lands lost in WW2. The Rising Sun nation will rise again!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Kashuno posted:

How many days of the same joke can we take before the NX is announced?

I'm expecting a big announcement tomorrow.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Not a Children posted:

elf help book ain't funny but Nintendo games are pretty fun. As are a lot of the PS4 games I've played. I play a lot of games on a lot of consoles.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

elf help book posted:

I'm sorry that you still haven't let that poo poo go. Move on. But first, I've got pages and pages of graphs and business analysis for the NX that you must read.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

elf help book posted:

I can't believe it!!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The Xbox needed a Dodge Ram, to haul it around (it's huge)

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

VideoGames posted:

I cannot wait to own the new Nintendo console.
My WiiU has been the best gaming purchase (aside from the games on it) in the last decade or so.

Yeah, when I got a Wii U in September 2014 it reignited my interest in Nintendo and it was fantastic. A real shame everything fell off a cliff a year ago.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The sheer quality of the games it's had released for it trumps any quantity measures from other systems.
Their output has been slow but almost all could be considered essential play.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

VideoGames posted:

The sheer quality of the games it's had released for it trumps any quantity measures from other systems.
Their output has been slow but almost all could be considered essential play.

I feel like everyone has just been saying "yeah sure, the NX is both a portable and a console" without really considering that if that's really true, it's kinda crazy to consider that Nintendo will focus fully on one system and how great that system will be.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

elf help book posted:

I feel like everyone has just been saying "yeah sure, the NX is both a portable and a console" without really considering that if that's really true, it's kinda crazy to consider that Nintendo will focus fully on one system and how great that system will be.

You cannot fault the human mind of needing to ration its intake of thought-based euphoria

Please understand

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

elf help book posted:

Absolutely!

The 3DS has a great library almost wholly separate from the WiiU. If they combined all their efforts to their supposed portable/standalone games (if indeed the NX is this hybrid people think it is), then I and any fan of good gaming should be really excited!

A system that could hold DK tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario 3D land, Mario 3D world, Picross 3D2, the Phoenix Wright games, the Virtual Consoles of all previous generations, Splatoon, Bayonettas 1 and 2 is almost a dream for me.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I've considered it because I don't think the WiiU is really worth a buy--neither is the PS4 if you have a PC--but 3DS is great. If the next console has as many games and the game variety of 3DS it's going to be pretty much the only console to rival the SNES in my opinion. Handhelds get excellent 3rd party support from japanese developers which is all you should ever really care about if you own a PC to play western games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Decus posted:

I've considered it because I don't think the WiiU is really worth a buy--neither is the PS4 if you have a PC--but 3DS is great. If the next console has as many games and the game variety of 3DS it's going to be pretty much the only console to rival the SNES in my opinion. Handhelds get excellent 3rd party support from japanese developers which is all you should ever really care about if you own a PC to play western games.

gently caress western games.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Mercury Crusader posted:

The Xbox needed a Dodge Ram, to haul it around (it's huge)

But does it have Blast Processing?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The 3DS has Blast Ball.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

elf help book posted:

gently caress western games.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is so good tho

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Yep, the unified development is the biggest reason for excitement. In the past its been one or two big first party releases per year for a given system. With this you are probably talking 4-6 high caliber releases in a calendar year.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Yep, the unified development is the biggest reason for excitement. In the past its been one or two big first party releases per year for a given system. With this you are probably talking 4-6 high caliber releases in a calendar year.

Third parties will be even less relevant!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Is Picross 3D 2 a big first party release?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
My number 1 question is how big will the cases for NX game be?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Bass Bottles posted:

Third parties will be even less relevant!!

The funny part about Nintendo potentially being able to prop up a system by themselves with just first party releases is that it may make it popular enough to actually warrant support from third parties!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

elf help book posted:

Is Picross 3D 2 a big first party release?

It's by Hal. Dunno if you'd count it as big but it's insanely good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I love it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
But if the nx is an HD console they wouldn't just be able to transfer the content production 1:1 from the 3ds to it.

People are all excited at the prospect of 3DS+ Wii U game volume when really it will be Wii U game volume plus a game or two extra and lots of smartphone development, and you don't get 3ds games anymore.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

The funny part about Nintendo potentially being able to prop up a system by themselves with just first party releases is that it may make it popular enough to actually warrant support from third parties!

Shovel ware :/

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Guy Goodbody posted:

My number 1 question is how big will the cases for NX game be?

Standard DVD size with Vita-size cartridges in there to just rattle around in there.

Though to be honest, I hope the estore finally really comes together since I do all digital. The Wii U estore was almost there and the social network stuff like fan drawings tied to games was pretty cool. Like, I unironically hope they make the drawing system more robust so that I see more cool fan art for the games while I'm playing them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Can everyone with Overwatch avatars please stop posting?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

elf help book posted:

Can everyone with Overwatch avatars please stop posting?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bloodychill posted:

Standard DVD size with Vita-size cartridges in there to just rattle around in there.

Though to be honest, I hope the estore finally really comes together since I do all digital. The Wii U estore was almost there and the social network stuff like fan drawings tied to games was pretty cool. Like, I unironically hope they make the drawing system more robust so that I see more cool fan art for the games while I'm playing them.

I bet the cases aren't gonna be regular DVD size or DS/3DS size. after both the WiiU and the 3DS had issues where consumers didn't know they were new systems at first, Nintendo's gonna do everything they can to make sure people know the NX is a new thing

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what if EVERYONe just stopped posting

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

This hostility is NXcusable.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

nerf.... this..... *sulks away while half-heartedly flipping the bird*

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

It's terrible. Terrible. I thought they would tell us today. I just want to know: Nintendo, what are you doing? What's it that you're going to do next? Wait, I mean, NeXt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember when Nintendo launched the 3DS and it was way too expensive and a lot of people thought it was just an upgraded DS like the DSI? And then Nintendo launched the WiiU and it was way too expensive and a lot of people thought it was just a new controller for the Wii? Nintendo was really terrible at launching consoles

• Locked thread