Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Shayu posted:

Seems as if people have always said this concerning this game.

That's because consistently for years updates have made the game steadily worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

gg

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

That's because consistently for years updates have made the game steadily worse.

Like how? It's not like Valve is going to leave in the crouching bug

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Even if they did, everyone will adjust. It's just that no one expects them there. People start being there, everyone will check those spots.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
It's probably in their best interest to fix it though, as a lot of these maps are balanced around the fact that some ledges are designed to be 1-way for a solo player like under window in Mirage and vents in Cache.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

Even if they did, everyone will adjust. It's just that no one expects them there. People start being there, everyone will check those spots.

Problem is, if T's can break middle in half every round on mirage, the map is close to impossible to win as CT. There's a reason there are 3 safe positions CT's can take to defend mid, it's the key to the map.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 18, 2016

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

canoshiz posted:

It's probably in their best interest to fix it though, as a lot of these maps are balanced around the fact that some ledges are designed to be 1-way for a solo player like under window in Mirage and vents in Cache.

A lot of these maps are balanced around left eye vision, not right, and that doesn't seem to stop them.

But yeah I'm sure they'll fix it.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I hope they fix the crouch bug soon because while I'm bad at surfing I enjoy doing it and it kind of fucks with it a bit

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I can't believe C9 picked Train vs VP, what were they thinking?!

stump collector
May 28, 2007

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

I can't believe C9 picked Train vs VP, what were they thinking?!

train is c9's second best map right now. they banned their best current map, mirage. i don't think they like overpass or nuke so I wasn't surprised to see them pick it. their CT side looked good but they lost way too many rounds in the first half to be competitive.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

played some morning pugs and some g00d sh!t happened
shout out to esea for letting people vote yes to ot and leave without a ringer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlMG8os2HnQ

stump collector
May 28, 2007
1: we deserved to lose that :v:

2: holy poo poo im lit :420:

3: loving BOTS

4: ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME gently caress YOU IDIOTS

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Smithereens posted:

played some morning pugs and some g00d sh!t happened
shout out to esea for letting people vote yes to ot and leave without a ringer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlMG8os2HnQ

thank you based SGod

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm tempted to try this

bind "5" "+spinbot"
alias "+spinbot" "m_yaw 1000; sensitivity .01"
alias "-spinbot" "m_yaw .022; sensitivity 2.8"

https://gfycat.com/PointedWeightyDutchsmoushond

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

thank you based SGod

little did they know i love using the sg

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
i dread the day they replace the SG sound, it's already perfect, like the gun itself

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

i dread the day they replace the SG sound, it's already perfect, like the gun itself

they are going to change all sounds to paintball guns

also steel's back
https://clips.twitch.tv/steel_tv/BeautifulWolfShibeZ

stump collector
May 28, 2007
gently caress i should've taken the day off to play a game with steel

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
COME LONG
COME LONG
COME LONG
JUST COME LONG

okay now go in first so I can bait u

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Smithereens posted:

they are going to change all sounds to paintball guns

also steel's back
https://clips.twitch.tv/steel_tv/BeautifulWolfShibeZ

now i remember why i never watch his videos

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ArmZ posted:

now i remember why i never watch his videos

the funny thing is if you've played enough pugs you would welcome someone in-game leading to give your team some cohesion, but no one ever listens and it's just a shitshow

the clip is both funny and sadly true

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Smithereens posted:

the funny thing is if you've played enough pugs you would welcome someone in-game leading to give your team some cohesion, but no one ever listens and it's just a shitshow

the clip is both funny and sadly true

his voice is like nails on a chalkboard

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

In a random pug the person who acts like that is usually a total no nothing dickhead who's only trying to benefit himself so its no wonder they mostly ignore him celebrity ex pro or not.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Why the hell are people without a mic allowed in competitive? You don't want to spend $5 on a mic stay in casual with the other idiots who don't want to make callouts.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

The French Army! posted:

Why the hell are people without a mic allowed in competitive? You don't want to spend $5 on a mic stay in casual with the other idiots who don't want to make callouts.

I know a girl who doesn't give callouts because guys creep on her instantly.

Also I got that nijo energy, my first ace was with a 1v4 clutch to win the game 16-13. Feels good

Dancer
May 23, 2011

The French Army! posted:

Whatever dude you get matched with in MM will have a set of skills that brought him to that rank. If you got to MG by having good callouts but bad positioning, and a guy got to MG without a mic by having great positioning and no callouts, why would he be blocked from playing the game just cuz of your expectations?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dancer posted:

Whatever dude you get matched with in MM will have a set of skills that brought him to that rank. If you got to MG by having good callouts but bad positioning, and a guy got to MG without a mic by having great positioning and no callouts, why would he be blocked from playing the game just cuz of your expectations?

This. Just play the drat game.

Especially if you solo queue you should be used to looking at the minimap and making snap decisions based on that. It's not great to play with someone who doesn't give info but loving work it instead of whining.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
yeah it owns when someone dies and gives 0 information about where they got shot from stop complaining play the game

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

loving tryhards trying to communicate rofl Just Open Your Eyes And Play The Game Haha

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So what other arbitrary limitations should there be? Should we ban people who have poorly placed speakers from matchmaking because they can't hear where steps are coming from? Should we ban people who don't maximize their digital vibrance or who play in 16:9 because it makes it harder for them to spot opponents?

I have no mic, and when I have time to type (often cuz I'm dead), I type. And I reached GNM by not using a mic, and I have no reason to believe I'm contributing less to the team than any other arbitrary GNM player.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dancer posted:

So what other arbitrary limitations should there be? Should we ban people who have poorly placed speakers from matchmaking because they can't hear where steps are coming from? Should we ban people who don't maximize their digital vibrance or who play in 16:9 because it makes it harder for them to spot opponents?

I have no mic, and when I have time to type (often cuz I'm dead), I type. And I reached GNM by not using a mic, and I have no reason to believe I'm contributing less to the team than any other arbitrary GNM player.

counterpoint: your just bad

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Look, it sucks to play with someone who doesn't have a mic but if you care about it that much instead of just chilling out and playing the game as best as you can in the circumstances you should add some people who you liked the comms of and stack with them. You'll not have this problem that way, or at least it will be offset by the legit comms you guarantee on your team.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

1.75@500

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

There's a difference between giving callouts or suggesting a plan and obnoxiously shouting at people to do what you want. Its not exactly a subtle difference.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Dancer posted:

So what other arbitrary limitations should there be?

Well getting rid of smurfs and cheaters would be a good start but they keep buying copies of the game so that won't happen.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elman posted:

Well getting rid of smurfs and cheaters would be a good start but they keep buying copies of the game so that won't happen.

smurfing owns dude

t. me, garfu, buns, etc.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

loving tryhards trying to communicate rofl Just Open Your Eyes And Play The Game Haha

You playing again or was that relapse just a quick fix?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Dancer posted:

My skill is usually playing with people good enough to carry me while I rush out and die in an uncoordinated fashion and then never communicate. Hope you appreciate my skill when I solo queue and end up matched with you!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I only speak to accuse the other team of hacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Macnult posted:

You playing again or was that relapse just a quick fix?

Most definitely not playing again, probably