Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

we have dispatched a small group of men to take care of dare permanently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A dog probably shouldn't be notably not crying.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Guide donkeys can have diapers :colbert:

Prancing Shoes
Jul 8, 2008
e: Pocket-posted somehow.

To add to the discussion though: it's not much of a saga but I remember an A/T thread from a couple years back where a guy obsessed with Nethack wanted advice on how to find a "pneumatic negress".

Prancing Shoes has a new favorite as of 05:31 on Sep 20, 2016

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Colour posted:

Xn. Y
Oukb m.

Go away, Dare.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

A few years back there was a thread around the 4th of july where goons were making GBS threads on and setting fire to gamecubes and ps2s. It all came to an end when one enterprising goon decided to melt something down with thermite, propane tanks, and some hairspray, and ended up phone posting from the hospital, "At hostpital lost fingat post mote later."

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Go away, Dare.

How many reregs is that now? Impressive disposable income for a ward of the state

Why don't you use that money for a good cause, like buying Jastiger a few hundred avs and custom titles

hofnar has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Sep 20, 2016

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
probably posted way earlier, but kirk's razer "meltdown":
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hi thread and welcome to your new home in PYF! Please be aware that while chatting/empty-quoting/single emoticon/etc replies are all a-okay here hatespeech, flaming, and the like are not. Thanks and have fun!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hi thread and welcome to your new home in PYF! Please be aware that while chatting/empty-quoting/single emoticon/etc replies are all a-okay here hatespeech, flaming, and the like are not. Thanks and have fun!

I'm scared of this big parrot, where is GBS?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

If the promised return of GBS doesn't turn into one of the greatests sagas of these forums, I'm gonna have to get the secret service called on the bird.

Amadeus will never know what hit him!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

thnk u 4 saving thred bird

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

No problem :)

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

china bot posted:

thnk u 4 saving thred bird

bird mod best mod

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

wyntyr posted:

bird mod best mod

This is a true statement.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Wizard of Poz posted:

ohhhh yes I remember. It was from the period where fyad and helldump were pretty much the only posters in qcs. That was a legit funny time for qcs actually in a dumb kind of way

That was years after hell dump shut down

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
GBS deserved to die

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Put down mercifully

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I liked GBS when you had to post with proper grammar, and they had informative current-news threads.

I really don't understand or like the current (or, recent) meme-war trumpism factory. I'm glad it's dead.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Geirskogul posted:

I liked GBS when you had to post with proper grammar, and they had informative current-news threads.

I really don't understand or like the current (or, recent) meme-war trumpism factory. I'm glad it's dead.

Someone never said the pusheen thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

i'm glad you're dead, inside

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Both versions of GBS are unreadable garbage for various different reasons actually

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

quoting myself from QCS since more people post in GBS and it was one of the funniest posts on SA and hopefully someone can find it

I don't remember the exact phrase but someone did indeed get butthurt because of a Harry Potter living under the stairs joke. Some hero responded " This is probably one of the only places on the internet where you can make fun of people who lived underneath stairs and end up offending someone who actually grew up living under stairs".

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Does anyone remember the goon who asked people to Photoshop his dad's night deer camera? It was the thread that got me to sign up. I remember someone put GOB on his Segway into one and it cracked me up.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
This thread has become recursive. It should list itself. It survived a Dare bomb and the destruction of GBS v666

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
This thread is now about posting your favorite PYF forum sagas:

The saga of whose favorite thing is best is the greatest.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I love these 3 AM probations like most of these people probably woke up and never even realized they were probated at all

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

This thread is now about posting your favorite PYF forum sagas

Definitely the saga of the person who pretended to be a disabled woman in the Post Your Picture thread.

edit: wording is important

YeahTubaMike has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Sep 22, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Definitely the saga of the woman who pretended to be disabled in the Post Your Picture thread.

You mean a man who pretended to be a disabled woman, right?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Paladinus posted:

You mean a man who pretended to be a disabled woman, right?

Yes.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Definitely the saga of the person who pretended to be a disabled woman in the Post Your Picture thread.

edit: wording is important

what

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Oh, God.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654252&userid=212964

He took down all the pictures but people quoted them anyway.

GunChicka posted:

I got to try out robot legs a few weeks back. My next plan is just a full on iron man suit or the one from Aliens.

:lol:

GunChicka posted:

I'll explain, but it's really stupid. Didn't intend to make up a character at first, just registered for LP's and stuff but my life is really boring and I liked reading E/N so I had an idea for a crazy e/n thread I planned on stretching out for a long time. I just googled for pictures to use (which is really inconsiderate in hind sight but I figured I was just making up a story and it was harmless as they were public) as I wanted to lay some groundwork so when my story started becoming unbelievable and people dug up posts it'd seem more believable. Anyhow I got carried away with posting and shouldn't have used someone else's pictures. It was all a dumb idea anyways and I regret it. Everyone return to normal and I'll do better things with my time and just feel really embarrassed about this whole thing from and never post again.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
The "GBS closed down" might not be a great saga but it's going to be one alright.

and lol @ man pretending to be disabled lady, not sure if I should cringe or laugh. Probably both.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
The only reason that I'm sad about the demise of GBS is missing out on reading some of the saga's which didn't make the gold mine.

I'm happy about avoiding the temptation of making several E\N posts which could easily have ended up here. Thankfully E\N was a bit of the boost with the amount of "get help" messages in a lot of threads which I decided to take instead of posting some horrifically similar and insane garbage. I lost my chance at a legendary status and have instead spent the last year or so working on being a productive member of society.

The Ben Biddick\Horrors thread was a great read, the homeless guy in a library thread was fascinating to read through but unfortunately the follow up is lost along with GBS.

I've also just checked and have seen that I've been a member of this forum for over ten years and I lurked for a good few years before that. I can't remember much poo poo over the years but I will try to remember what I can. I remember Keyboard Goop and was around as it was ongoing. I also remember some Zelda themed wedding that happened. Also a goon meet with people loving in a tent. I also remember the poo poo going down with Caro heading to Syria. Hellbastard's image threads were always pretty cool to see pop up, it's a shame he was flamed to a point of stopping entirely as I saw his posts to be about entertaining others with effort behind them, to hear that he abandoned them because of poo poo-posting is kinda sad.

Even though Abe once requested that I should receive a well-deserved probation, his mod challenges were some of the finer comedy moments in this forums history.

The forums being broken for years because of Radium, even though I registered a decade ago I didn't buy platinum until a year ago because most things were broken apart from posting.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

goons have had some hosed up weddings

i'm gonna need a link to the Zelda wedding thread pronto, if it hasn't been posted here already. unfortunately the thread in BYOB where the woman who wrote the BYOB reggae was severely compromised due to WaffleImages going down, but it was still fun to read because there it was revealed she had an Aqua Teen Hunger Force themed wedding. and i'm not sure if there was a thread about LF and Helldump superstar Goatstein attending a steampunk wedding, but that was a thing too

i think GBS needs to sit in time-out for a while, but drat if i'm gonna give up my posts with lack of caps and proper punctuation

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Steampunk wedding was definitely a thing, although to this day Goatstein has never posted the pics despite multiple offsites offering to unban him in exchange for them.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

to this day Goatstein has never posted the pics despite multiple offsites offering to unban him in exchange for them.
i wouldn't take the bait either tbh. also those pics were posted on a wedding photography site and should still be there. i saw them with my own eyes

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

This thread is now about posting your favorite PYF forum sagas:

The saga of whose favorite thing is best is the greatest.

BroJo will always be the best PYF thing to me, tho GunChica was a close second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Hellbastard's image threads were always pretty cool to see pop up, it's a shame he was flamed to a point of stopping entirely as I saw his posts to be about entertaining others with effort behind them, to hear that he abandoned them because of poo poo-posting is kinda sad.

Wasn't most of it rape jokes or child abuse jokes? Guy was always a bag of poo poo from day one dude.
Which has reminded me he got helldumped at one point, and they told him for whatever reason to draw his skullsona(?) sucking off Tingle from Zelda and he actually did it. Now I wish I didn't remember that. :gonk:

I've been of the opinion for a while that while getting your very own helldump thread is one of the worse things that could happen to you on these forums, actually posting in it is one of the stupidest things you can do.