Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

two forty posted:

Did we talk about this guy already? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Malloy

An apparently pretty hardcore alcoholic, a bar owner and co-conspirators took out a life insurance policy on this guy and gave him an unlimited tab, hoping he'd drink himself to death. When that didn't happen, they get him poisoned oysters, made him drinks with methanol, fed him metal objects, rat poison, glycol, all sorts of nasty poo poo, but each time he lived. They hit him with a car, and tried to freeze him to death. He didn't die until the poisoned him with gas, and were eventually caught.

This is one of the best episodes of The Dollop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
You guys need to check this poo poo out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths

"Takuya Nagaya, 23, from Japan, started to slither on the floor and claim he had become a snake. His mother took this to mean that he had been possessed by a snake, and called for her husband, 53-year-old Katsumi Nagaya. Katsumi spent the next two days head-butting and biting his son "to drive [out] the snake that had possessed him" but instead causing his death."

Are we sure Junji Ito isn't writing some of these?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Friginator posted:

You guys need to check this poo poo out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths

"Takuya Nagaya, 23, from Japan, started to slither on the floor and claim he had become a snake. His mother took this to mean that he had been possessed by a snake, and called for her husband, 53-year-old Katsumi Nagaya. Katsumi spent the next two days head-butting and biting his son "to drive [out] the snake that had possessed him" but instead causing his death."

omfg I thought for sure this was in like the early 1900's but it happened in loving 2013! That fifty-three year old man was born in 1960 and had to have received a compulsory fairly modern education! Yet he still tried to headbutt the snake spirit out of his mentally ill son for two days straight. What a world lmao

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Friginator posted:

I think he actually did do one about a priestdad trying to exorcise his son.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Please stop being full goon and posting about loving japan

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
things don't happen in japan you GOONS

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Regular Nintendo posted:

Please stop being full goon and posting about loving japan

gently caress you buddy, japan is cool. I love hearing about their crazy antics. Like the man prostitutes who pretend to be women's boyfriends and the women who frequent them are themselves prostitutes who are using them as surrogates for personal relationships because of their isolating and exploitative career. That's some top quality sad poo poo right there.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Footage of guy shortly before demise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAwcj6d8XTQ

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Hey, if I had to be killed in a horrible way, I'd definitely pick Junji Ito to plan the whole thing out.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Friginator posted:

thats not a very effective method to exorcise someone if its taking over a day

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Neurion posted:

You'd think they could try towing that poo poo back out to sea and sinking it there instead.

I remember some years ago there was a dead whale that floated ashore near my childhood home in Norway. So local authorities towed it out to sea. Then it floated back ashore in a slightly different spot. So slightly different local authorities towed it back out to sea again. Repeat several times up and down the local shoreline. I guess eventually it fell apart.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Groke posted:

I remember some years ago there was a dead whale that floated ashore near my childhood home in Norway. So local authorities towed it out to sea. Then it floated back ashore in a slightly different spot. So slightly different local authorities towed it back out to sea again. Repeat several times up and down the local shoreline. I guess eventually it fell apart.

If they float due to the gases from decomposition, why don't they poke holes in the carcass before letting it loose in the ocean? Like pricking sausages. Enormous, disgusting sausages.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jim Barris posted:

gently caress you buddy, japan is cool. I love hearing about their crazy antics. Like the man prostitutes who pretend to be women's boyfriends and the women who frequent them are themselves prostitutes who are using them as surrogates for personal relationships because of their isolating and exploitative career. That's some top quality sad poo poo right there.

Here's a better idea:

gently caress you

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Mr. 47 posted:

A girl at the high school where my uncle taught shot herself with a .22. She managed to crawl all over the house for almost an hour, smearing blood and brains everywhere, until she actually succumbed.

I saw a video recently of a guy who'd attempted to rob a convenience store and ended up taking a bullet to the top of his head. Throughout the video he was laying on the floor desperately trying to put bits of brain back into his skull.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jim Barris posted:

omfg I thought for sure this was in like the early 1900's but it happened in loving 2013! That fifty-three year old man was born in 1960 and had to have received a compulsory fairly modern education! Yet he still tried to headbutt the snake spirit out of his mentally ill son for two days straight. What a world lmao

There's been a bunch of recent incidents of people accidentally get killed during exorcisms in the US and other western countries, plus a bunch more of people straight up murdering family members because they thought they were possessed.

Here's a big long list of exorcism deaths from the last few decades: http://whatstheharm.net/exorcisms.html

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jose posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb

Gary webb wrote a series of articles about the CIA and crack and then committed suicide by shooting himself in the head twice

that actually happens more often than you'd think. one guy shot himself four times in the head before it took.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Friginator posted:

This is what should happen to all animalkin

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Rough Lobster posted:

This is what should happen to Dare

FTFY

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Code Jockey posted:

Jesus christ

I was walking with a bunch of idiots through our wood shop in high school, and one of them randomly grabs a nailgun, points it out the open garage door of the building and fires a few times. He missed the top of someone's head who was walking across the street by probably less than an inch.

Don't you have to press nailguns down on wood before it shoots a nail? It's not like a machine gun, but more like a giant stapler. With nails.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

beedeebee posted:

Don't you have to press nailguns down on wood before it shoots a nail? It's not like a machine gun, but more like a giant stapler. With nails.

Clearly you never saw Happy Gilmore

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Nail guns have a pressure switch at the very front which needs to be pressed in before the gun will fire, such as when it's against a piece of wood.

However, hot glue will hold the switch in the depressed position allowing you to fire it whenever you want.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Gorilla Salad posted:

Nail guns have a pressure switch at the very front which needs to be pressed in before the gun will fire, such as when it's against a piece of wood.

However, hot glue will hold the switch in the depressed position allowing you to fire it whenever you want.

That sounds like the first in a sequence of events that ends up with somebody getting a loving nail stuck in their head.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Clearly you never saw Happy Gilmore

Or Lethal Weapon 2

Edit: poo poo, I just checked and he actually does press it against them and fire, I've been wrong about this movie for decades

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 13:50 on Sep 20, 2016

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

beedeebee posted:

Some terrible cheap-rear end models don't require you to do that, but even then the nail it flings out isn't exactly a projectile blasting past the speed of sound towards hapless victims. Even if it had hit someone in the head they'd at most be like "ow, gently caress you rear end in a top hat."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Theophany posted:

That sounds like the first in a sequence of events that ends up with somebody getting a loving nail stuck in their head.

The first thing every tradesman does when they buy a new tool is disable the safety features because they "slow them down too much and they know what they're doing and don't need them oh god a nail has lodged in my brain and I've forgotten geography."

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Reminder that CNN reported ISIS was at the gay pride parade but it was actually a flag with dildos on it lmao

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

We have a pneumatic staple gun at work, it shoots 1.5" wide staples and despite the fact that it bends the staples before shooting them, it's still entirely possible to break the skin with it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gorilla Salad posted:

The first thing every tradesman does when they buy a new tool is disable the safety features because they "slow them down too much and they know what they're doing and don't need them oh god a nail has lodged in my brain and I've forgotten geography."

The second thing they do is recreate the shootout at the OK Corral
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3m_oT8J5GI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4hoJ4uU3cs

Just don't gently caress up and bring a staple gun to a nail gun fight ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uuz8gqlV6A

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

cuck cuck im gay posted:

Reminder that CNN reported ISIS was at the gay pride parade but it was actually a flag with dildos on it lmao

Technically NWS:

Here's the John Oliver segment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI4clvkTf7E

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Friginator posted:

That entire link is like the Final Destination cutting room floor. It's insane

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

TheHoosier posted:

That entire link is like the Final Destination cutting room floor. It's insane

"2013: Denver Lee St. Clair, 58, was asphyxiated by an "atomic wedgie" administered by his stepson during a fight. After St. Clair had been knocked unconscious the elastic band from his torn underwear was pulled over his head and stretched around his neck, strangling him. Brad Lee Davis, 35, of McLoud, Oklahoma, pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter and was sentenced to 30 years in jail."

What hosed me up was the realization that this was a 35 year old man giving his 58 year old stepfather a wedgie for presumably sexual reasons.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why would it be sexual reasons?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

The wedgie is the most erotic of the classical bullying maneuvers.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
when my step-dad and i played tummyswords we'd always use it as a ninja headband

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Solice Kirsk posted:

https://thefpl.us/episode/172

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Guy Goodbody posted:

The wedgie is the most erotic of the classical bullying maneuvers.

hearing someone else say this relives so much shame I've kept inside

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

It can be pretty difficult to shoot yourself in the head.

One good example is Daniel von Bargen who's name you may not recognize but he was in a whole bunch of movies.

He had diabetes and was in pretty bad shape and decided to commit suicide. The bullet didn't kill him and he made a perfectly lucid 911 call after the fact. He ended up living 3 more years.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/22/super-troopers-daniel-von-bargen-suicide-attempt-shot/

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you need to make a suicide helmet then you're all set

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

proof of concept posted:

:catstare:

Now there's a depressed person who's not loving around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

proof of concept posted:

These lowest bidder military contracts are getting silly!

• Locked thread