Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When it comes to SMT, isn't being on the right side of the RNG the same as being good sometimes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

When does the eshop update for Apocalypse?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For anyone who has the Persona 5 soundtrack does anyone have a link to the Bank's music because it is loving amazing.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

When does the eshop update for Apocalypse?

Probably noon EST. I doubt it's a midnight release

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

For anyone who has the Persona 5 soundtrack does anyone have a link to the Bank's music because it is loving amazing.

Probably noon EST. I doubt it's a midnight release

Ah so another 12 hours or so.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Store here broke street date so I'm playing it right now

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Atlus has acknowledged this and apologized.

The reason it got overlooked was because their QA testers were literally too good at the game. It only happens when you get a dialogue when your partner is KOd, and the QA testers never ran into that situation when they were looking it over. They say that the majority of players in normal play probably won't run into this issue, they're poring over the scripts for P5 and other active localizations to make sure it doesn't happen again, and they're looking into finding a way to fix it.

drat, that's really cool of them. I wonder how much that's making Atlus USA sweat for the localization of P5, even if I doubt that it will happen again after happening here.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

E: That's a long winded way of saying "we're not fixing it"

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 20, 2016

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Luna Was Here posted:

drat, that's really cool of them. I wonder how much that's making Atlus USA sweat for the localization of P5, even if I doubt that it will happen again after happening here.

I can say with some confidence that they're sweating every single detail of P5 as it stands.

It's the most important game in the company's near-20-year-history and everyone working on it likes Persona. The pressure is pretty much crush depth over there, but I got confidence those dudes will knock it out of the park.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also they're actually pushing it really hard in Japan, it's a much higher budget release this time around. There's persona 5 ads on tv and billboards. I don't know how it did sales wise but there's massive pressure for it to succeed

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Shibuya has construction on now also making it confusing. Definitely not Shinjuku level which might as well be Tartarus with how I could swear it keeps changing

All of the major stations have always had construction in them. It's not new.

The third dungeon music is loving amazing.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Also they're actually pushing it really hard in Japan, it's a much higher budget release this time around. There's persona 5 ads on tv and billboards. I don't know how it did sales wise but there's massive pressure for it to succeed

70% of the stock sold out day 1, which I assume is pretty decent.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

I know it's only been a few days but while we're on the subject, is there any indication as to how it's been performing in Japan so far?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sales don't increase drastically in Japan beyond the first week so whatever it hits then is gonna be its big number. That being said it having not been a week and already selling through most of its shipment is really good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Reports say sega expect to sell 500k in its first week, which i cant tell if that's major confidence for a japanese console game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Relative to the rest of the anaemic console market in Japan, that's pretty good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Reports say sega expect to sell 500k in its first week, which i cant tell if that's major confidence for a japanese console game.

The only game I know of in recent years that hit numbers like that was JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle which met that number and it is considered outrageous for it to do that, so yeah it's pretty ambitious to hope to achieve that especially for Persona which is still a pretty new popular IP.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is this the thread for Apocalypse too?

I completed the law and chaos routes in 4 but never neutral, and I see that's the ending where Apocalypse picks up. Am I going to have to replay IV or am I not missing much of I got the gist of it?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Is this the thread for Apocalypse too?

I completed the law and chaos routes in 4 but never neutral, and I see that's the ending where Apocalypse picks up. Am I going to have to replay IV or am I not missing much of I got the gist of it?

Imagine if you instead murdered both the law and chaos gods in one run.

That's the neutral route.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think Mamoru Miyano is gonna be hard as gently caress to top in English as Ryuji because I'm gonna have a hard time listening to anyone else shout, "KAPUTAAN KIDO!" He's just so great and he's never leaving my party because his voice is so good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

I don't even know if any of the Persona games have made that number in lifetime Japanese sales. That's pretty ambitious.

Though the only thing i've seen about the sales is the number "70"% and the uncited belief that it's meeting expectations. Which sounds like a good start.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Golden Goat posted:

Imagine if you instead murdered both the law and chaos gods in one run.

That's the neutral route.

So if I've already done both of those things in other endings I'm effectively missing nothing? I can't remember why I never did the neutral route. I started a playthrough for it but I think it was something to do with having to complete a ton of trivial sidequests to access it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean you're missing stuff, but you can just look up videos. You don't have to play through the whole game again to understand everything.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

you fill a chalice with hopes and dreams i.e. every sidequest, you kill both bad dudes, tokyo opens up and some lady says "thanks"

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Deified Data posted:

So if I've already done both of those things in other endings I'm effectively missing nothing? I can't remember why I never did the neutral route. I started a playthrough for it but I think it was something to do with having to complete a ton of trivial sidequests to access it?

You're not really missing anything important. Apocalypse picks up right after the final alignment decision in IV. I guess you'll miss what would have happened in the neutral route had the events of Apocalypse not happened but that's it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Deified Data posted:

You'll miss some things but I think apocalypse will fill you in on anything you missed so you don't have to do a whole run just for neutral.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
All you need to understand in Apocalypse is that by choosing Neutral and thumbing his nose at both factions Flynn has basically become a symbol of hope to the entirety of Tokyo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Did someone say HOPE

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I can't wait for Flynn to flip some switch partway through and turn into a huge jackass.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

I can't wait for Flynn to flip some switch partway through and turn into a huge jackass.

I'm gonna murder the gently caress out of him

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Baal posted:

I think Mamoru Miyano is gonna be hard as gently caress to top in English as Ryuji because I'm gonna have a hard time listening to anyone else shout, "KAPUTAAN KIDO!" He's just so great and he's never leaving my party because his voice is so good.

I believe in Ben Diskin

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not gonna be Diskin.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I believe in Max Mittelman.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

I believe in Max Mittelman.

I don't.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They are not getting Max Mittelman

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I believe in whoever just happened to be walking down the street in front of Bang Zoom that day.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Atlus does not use Bang Zoom

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baal posted:

Yeah, I really like P5's Japanese voice cast. I was a bit iffier on 4s but so far I'm pretty happy with the Japanese cast. It's entirely possible I'll hate the later characters but at least there isn't Teddie this time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Tales of Berseria sold about half that and was a mild disappointment but not a huge crash.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Baal posted:

Atlus does not use Bang Zoom

i believe in the guy who voiced crow in trails of cold steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
PCB is very good though and provided Valerie Arem doesn't loving botch this like she has every non Arena based spinoff and half of ZTD then it'll be fine. I would honestly expect a few VAs and there's some I could list for certain chars right now, but that list is most likely going to end up 80% incorrect because most ADR Directord and Dub Producers do not seem to think the way I do which is for the best most likely.