Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

if you are playing GN and can't survive your teammates being bad, maybe it's actually you being bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Famethrowa posted:

if you are playing less than LE and can't survive your teammates being bad, maybe it's actually you being bad.

I post this as an MGE/DMG dude.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I can't read I'm just bad

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Generally if you can't adapt to teammates' issues in a team base game, you're not very great, but it's not necessarily a bad thing, everyone's gotta work on flexibility sometime!

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Saying you could improve things like aim, general knowledge and game sense is always true though. It doesn't matter if you're a silver 1 or a global you could always get better at more or less anything.

I know I could get better but my computer overheats and my frames poo poo the bed after an hour or two so I don't really care enough to try very hard anymore. gently caress it, playing at MG2/MGE is fun.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

fennesz posted:

Saying you could improve things like aim, general knowledge and game sense is always true though. It doesn't matter if you're a silver 1 or a global you could always get better at more or less anything.

While that's true to a certain personal plateau, I was more referring to the types that refuse to adapt in general, so they're locked in at a certain tier regardless of aim or nade skill, y'dig?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

mcvey posted:

loving tryhards trying to communicate rofl Just Open Your Eyes And Play The Game Haha

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

so Immortals just blew a 12-3 halftime lead on train. Probably the worst CT sides of train I've seen out of a pair of professional teams

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

so Immortals just blew a 12-3 halftime lead on train. Probably the worst CT sides of train I've seen out of a pair of professional teams

Optic blew a 13-4 lead as T on cobble so.... The worst since the previous game?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Don't forget that zews TKed LUCAS1 with a 'nade during the final retake.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

While that's true to a certain personal plateau, I was more referring to the types that refuse to adapt in general, so they're locked in at a certain tier regardless of aim or nade skill, y'dig?

Point taken. Though I'm of the opinion that pretty much everyone could progress a lot further (not limited to CS) if they just adopt the right attitude and genuinely put effort into bettering themselves. I'm just too lazy and content in my bad rank to ever progress. And I really enjoy it :banjo:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

God, isn't it nice when you plan on saving, get a gifted kill, and this convinces you to retake?

Then you win?

Won a 4v1 thanks to an unlucky dude jumping into market. Feels good. :grin:

edit: tomorrow I'm probably gonna be pushed to uninstall after a bad game, knowing cs

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

itt people arguing about the "unverified" benefits of communicating in a team-based game :iiam:

if you don't want to listen to your team just play a nice single player game where you don't have to communicate at all.

Xenaero posted:

Generally if you can't adapt to teammates' issues in a team base game, you're not very great, but it's not necessarily a bad thing, everyone's gotta work on flexibility sometime!

xen being the most reasonable person in the thread is p hilarious

Dancer posted:

So what other arbitrary limitations should there be? Should we ban people who have poorly placed speakers from matchmaking because they can't hear where steps are coming from? Should we ban people who don't maximize their digital vibrance or who play in 16:9 because it makes it harder for them to spot opponents?

I have no mic, and when I have time to type (often cuz I'm dead), I type. And I reached GNM by not using a mic, and I have no reason to believe I'm contributing less to the team than any other arbitrary GNM player.

this is kind of a selfish attitude and your analogies fall kinda flat because in 2k16 a mic costs like 3 dollars.

imagine this situation, you are a server at a restaurant and are serving people. you give them menus and treat them real nice, but when you go to take their order they won't speak to you. they just sit there and doing nothing while giving you mean looks, almost as if to say "how do you not know what we want to order?" you continue to refill their drinks and tell them about the specials but they still refuse to tell you verbally about what they want. 30 minutes pass and they just get up and leave. when you go check the table there is a note that says "we wanted 3 chicken tendies and xtra honey mustard animal style and we are in a hurry but noob server is retarded omfg kys"

yeah, so do whatever you want with the understanding that a team game rewards team players and people will get mad at you for being uncommunicative in a team game.

team

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Smithereens posted:

xen being the most reasonable person in the thread is p hilarious

ppl seem to be genuinely surprised by this constant trend

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xenaero posted:

ppl seem to be genuinely surprised by this constant trend

shut up dude u missed that shot on cache in a completely legit bug that valve intentionally programmed into the game as a feature

fukkin bitch rear end noob

edit: fun esea times tho xen :3

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 20, 2016

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

https://youtu.be/3DX0hEYZ5qo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Xenaero posted:

Xenaero posted:

this

besides bitching about it wont change a drat thing during the match itself, if you get a lousy hand just roll with it, you might pull off something cool and become better in the process

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Smithereens posted:

itt people arguing about the "unverified" benefits of communicating in a team-based game :iiam:

if you don't want to listen to your team just play a nice single player game where you don't have to communicate at all.

this is kind of a selfish attitude and your analogies fall kinda flat because in 2k16 a mic costs like 3 dollars.
Literally nobody itt argued against the benefits of communicating in CS GO. I do it myself by typing whenever I can. I play CS GO because I like that it's team based and I like the great feeling I get when we work together and we achieve more than we could achieve if the 5 of us were all rambos.

Also in 2k16 installing VibranceGUI costs literally nothing. So why would you ban people not willing to spend 3 dollars, but not those who haven't maxxed out vibrance?

(Also I'd honestly rather have a teammate with no mic than one with a 3$ one who uses voice activation. Background noise will inevitably come through, and the distortion is incredibly distracting.)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

to think all this started because steel sounds like a whiny parrot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0IOJOQU2Oo

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Dancer posted:

Literally nobody itt argued against the benefits of communicating in CS GO. I do it myself by typing whenever I can. I play CS GO because I like that it's team based and I like the great feeling I get when we work together and we achieve more than we could achieve if the 5 of us were all rambos.

Also in 2k16 installing VibranceGUI costs literally nothing. So why would you ban people not willing to spend 3 dollars, but not those who haven't maxxed out vibrance?

(Also I'd honestly rather have a teammate with no mic than one with a 3$ one who uses voice activation. Background noise will inevitably come through, and the distortion is incredibly distracting.)

1. communicating w voice is quicker and easier to parse than reading and writing for both parties
2. using your voice makes u more personable to the gamers you are playing with which might promote actual teamplay
3. vibrancegui is a piece of software made by some gamer who likes the game and also takes donations. a microphone is a piece of hardware produced and manufactured by electronics and acoustics companies who want to make money. i don't understand where your argument is going. the basics you need for an enjoyable multiplayer video game experience is a mouse, monitor, keyboard, pc, and a microphone. i wont even get into the 144hz monitors, the GAMING mice and keyboards, and the poopsock
4. if u are honestly so cheap and stubborn you can plug in a speaker or earbud into your mic in and use it as a mic (a speaker is just an inverted microphone so it works but not as great as an actual microphone)
5. people who dont use a mic are generally big dumb morons and are p much automatically hated in every game--go ahead ask anyone in the thread other than that huge idiot who isnt me that continually trolls goonpugs with consistant bad plays and absolutely refuses to com
6. if it's not blatantly obvious how important information is in game then u are a lost cause

i feel like this argument is reaching the troll horizon but i will say that you can solve a lot of issues such as someone not using push to talk by politely asking them (works better w voice comms because they can hear that u are a human being) to change a setting e.g. "hey, man can u use push to talk i would rly appreciate it tyvm"

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Just know that if the 4 other people on your team also didn't have mics you would lose 99 percent of the time. Buy a mic, no one cares about your squeaky goon voice.

Edit: and your vibrance argument makes my head hurt

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

800 @ 2

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

oh i finally get the sensitivity posts i've read enough of the thread thanks i like to smoke wee

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Smithereens posted:

1. communicating w voice is quicker and easier to parse than reading and writing for both parties
2. using your voice makes u more personable to the gamers you are playing with which might promote actual teamplay
3. vibrancegui is a piece of software made by some gamer who likes the game and also takes donations. a microphone is a piece of hardware produced and manufactured by electronics and acoustics companies who want to make money. i don't understand where your argument is going. the basics you need for an enjoyable multiplayer video game experience is a mouse, monitor, keyboard, pc, and a microphone. i wont even get into the 144hz monitors, the GAMING mice and keyboards, and the poopsock
4. if u are honestly so cheap and stubborn you can plug in a speaker or earbud into your mic in and use it as a mic (a speaker is just an inverted microphone so it works but not as great as an actual microphone)
5. people who dont use a mic are generally big dumb morons and are p much automatically hated in every game--go ahead ask anyone in the thread other than that huge idiot who isnt me that continually trolls goonpugs with consistant bad plays and absolutely refuses to com
6. if it's not blatantly obvious how important information is in game then u are a lost cause

i feel like this argument is reaching the troll horizon but i will say that you can solve a lot of issues such as someone not using push to talk by politely asking them (works better w voice comms because they can hear that u are a human being) to change a setting e.g. "hey, man can u use push to talk i would rly appreciate it tyvm"

1. No disagreement

2. No disagreement

3. My point was that *everyone* does things that lead to suboptimal play (e.g. not optimize their vibrance), and they shouldn't be banned from matchmaking because of it. Some people listen to music while playing, obviously that also makes communication harder, should we also ban them from matchmaking? Just let them play the game their way and you play yours with whatever self-imposed handicaps you have because that's how you like to interact with your computer (maybe you have a high sens, or are using resolution other than 4:3, or you've got a window behind your back that reflects on your monitor or *whatever the gently caress there are a million examples you can think of).

Let's say you're at rank X. Not using a mic handicaps you to a certain extent. Yet the guy you're matched with who doesn't have a mic *also got to rank X*. Presumably some other aspect of his game is good enough to offset the lack of mic, and it's likely he will contribute just as much to your team winning or losing as you will.

4. I don't see why reasons are relevant. Maybe it's my "squeaky goon voice". Maybe my audio jack is broken and I haven't gotten a new audio card yet.

5. Cool story and totally relevant.

6. I know how important information is in this game and there's no need for you to be a passive aggressive douchebag tyvm.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a thing that lets me crank vibrance only in cs? I'd rather not have to crank it back and forth between playing

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Pomp posted:

Is there a thing that lets me crank vibrance only in cs? I'd rather not have to crank it back and forth between playing

easiest fix is to stop playing other games

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Dancer posted:

Literally nobody itt argued against the benefits of communicating in CS GO.

Talking in chat doesn't count. Lmao at the idea of frantically typing "they're rushing b!!!" like that would do any good

Also your digital vibrance argument is the dumbest. Buy a mic.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I lied it's actually 2.4 I think I meant to go down to 2 but forgot

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
1400@0.5

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Wasn't there a big VAC wave a few days ago? People seem to be really sick in Valve DM today.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Pomp posted:

http://vibrancegui.com/

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Dancer posted:

6. I know how important information is in this game and there's no need for you to be a passive aggressive douchebag tyvm.

look pal im willing to overlook your brain issues, your inability to form coherent arguments, and your unwillingness to listen to reason, but if telling you the dark rites of the online video game counter-strike: global offensive is a characteristic of a passive aggressive douchebag you might as well just call me chad cuz imma be pounding ur moms pussy hard tonite

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Pomp posted:

hell i crank it while playing

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

exethan posted:

hell i crank it while playing

:same:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The only thing banning people from matchmaking is vac. We hope. People do sub optimal things all the time but not having a mic is a pretty big handicap and it messes with the other players more than say having a poo poo pc which fucks up your chances of winning duels. I don't feel like it should be necessary to give an example but if you're ct side cache and you play mid and die and type "they're pushing mid" the guys holding their angles on a will be getting picked by the time that registers for them. Partially that might be on them for letting the mute play mid but getting shot in the side of the head when they could have reacted to a warning is going to make anyone cranky

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Use a mic or you're automatically limiting yourself to being a very bad player. Period.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
ur a god drat noob if you think i'm reading chat while i'm alive

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
At least get good at radio commands if you don't have a mic

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

henne posted:

At least get good at radio commands if you don't have a mic

hint: no one listens to these either, it also requires you to look down at who's saying it/where they are, or up at the minimap to see where it's coming from (I think radio commands still cause your dot to light up?)

I say this as someone that is sometimes too lazy to mic and will use radio commands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

MF_James posted:

hint: no one listens to these either, it also requires you to look down at who's saying it/where they are, or up at the minimap to see where it's coming from (I think radio commands still cause your dot to light up?)

People listen to them and it's easy to figure out who's using a command if you pay attention to the round enough to get a feel for what's going on in the round. I've had no issues getting the info I needed to react quickly from people who use voice commands. It's obviously preferable to use a mic, but voice commands work too.