Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I've been very open that SDC is rocky and promised that it gets way better, I don't know if that'll convince her to keep watching or not but it's certainly interesting because dumb 11 year old me thought SDC was The Best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I was having an issue where the chapter before the two new Doppio ones wasn't showing correctly. Might be worth checking it over, making sure it's okay?

Hmm, I know it was reuploaded to fix a few things, so that might be the reason why. Is it still not working?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Stallion Cabana posted:

I've been very open that SDC is rocky and promised that it gets way better, I don't know if that'll convince her to keep watching or not but it's certainly interesting because dumb 11 year old me thought SDC was The Best.

Get a new friend, SDC owns.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Daxing Dan posted:

Hmm, I know it was reuploaded to fix a few things, so that might be the reason why. Is it still not working?

I got it working/it started working, it was only momentary so it might have been the time when it was re-upped. Just mentioning it so you know there was an issue more than anything.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Stallion Cabana posted:

:sever:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If your significant other won't dress as your favourite stand EVERYTIME you have sex with them, they're no good for you.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

If your significant other won't dress as your favourite stand EVERYTIME you have sex with them, they're no good for you.

This creates a conundrum.

What if your favorite stand is Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap but you aren't into either furries or BDSM.

THEN WHAT JOSUKE

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

I got it working/it started working, it was only momentary so it might have been the time when it was re-upped. Just mentioning it so you know there was an issue more than anything.

Alright, good to know!
---
On another note, here's some historical Jojo trivia:

One of Fugo's famous lines is when he when he calls Narancia a "frickin' retard" after stabbing him in the face with a fork.

Well, in recent years, it's become a lot less acceptable to call people retards, so Araki sanitized it to avoid trouble. The result arguably makes Fugo even crueler to Narancia, but you can judge for yourself:

Personally, I think it's hilarious how Narancia is all like "Don't be a bully, Fugo :(" when he's about to cut Fugo's throat open in the new version. It's so out of place and so perfect for Jojo at the same time.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

did he, like, say it in English or something?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

What if your favorite stand is Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap but you aren't into either furries or BDSM.

THEN WHAT JOSUKE

Then you're not worthy of your partner

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, I'd actually put that down more to scanlator Tourette's than anything Araki did.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Stallion Cabana posted:

THEN WHAT JOSUKE
then it's your partner that needs to sever

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Stallion Cabana posted:

The final solution would be to welcome her to the True Man's World but unfortunately that would involve skipping parts which I cannot condone

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

SBR is the only one you CAN skip to because it has no direct connections to anything. If she's hooked by SBR she can go back and read the others.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

alcharagia posted:

Part 6 has some of the craziest poo poo in all of Jojo

I think the Rods stand makes me like Stone Ocean a little bit less every time I think about it.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Meme Emulator posted:

I think the Rods stand fight making Joylene set herself on fire and thus inspire the user to do so as well makes me like Stone Ocean a little bit more every time I think about it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Aw Yea, threes nothin' like a girl all Dark Blue Moon'ed up and beggin for it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Meme Emulator posted:

I think the Rods stand makes me like Stone Ocean a little bit less every time I think about it.

That's my favorite fight in part 6 If only because it's the most "Araki read a magazine article" stand ever. Well, either that or Heavy Weather for being so insane.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Begemot posted:

That's my favorite fight in part 6 If only because it's the most "Araki read a magazine article" ever. Well, either that or Heavy Weather for being so insane.

My favorite is defiantly Going Underground just because of that page where Jolynes yelling at Emporio about how shes stuck in a fighter jet about to crash into the plane Hermes is riding, and asking him for help, and hes just standing int he middle of the street with no tools or anything useful going "Uhh...."

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my girlfriend covers herself in pink and blue bodypaint with heart stamps every night and punches me in the face extremely quickly until I pass out

she also restores me to my original state somehow.

when she's not doing that, she's wearing a cat suit and throwing fireworks at me or chasing me around the room with an RC car

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

THEN WHAT JOSUKE

if your favorite stand is dirty deeds done dirt cheap then you can angle for a threesome

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, the hottest new fetish is 'you and your clone turning into a pile of sponge cubes in bed while the third party screams in terror'

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I was going to put a joke here, but it was so awful even I realized it was a bad idea

e: I guess I need a replacement joke for this post now

uh, something about Mandom and being dominated by a man

Olive! fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 20, 2016

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
If your favorite Stand is D4C and you don't think you're a furry, I have terrible news for you, my friend.

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
The deep, dark secret of stands finally reveals itself.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

You know it's funny that that "because they stand beside you" is the reason why Avdol and Joseph call them stands considering Joseph's stand doesn't stand beside him.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Something something cioccolata and secco's relationship something something

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

FirstAidKite posted:

Something something cioccolata and secco's relationship something something

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/777628967889141761

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/756624891735072769

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I'm really glad that with the original scanlations being dumb and not funny, VA still ultimately got it's own duwang through twitter

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's pretty much on the level of the original FF7 Blazed, if appealing to a significantly narrower audience.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Hello JoJo thread, I've never posted in here before but I wanted to ask you all a question anyways: I already know what happens at the end of part 6, so would I miss much if I skipped part 6 and just went to part 7 right away? For the record I do plan on reading it eventually, I just really want to get to SBR since I've heard so many good things about it.

Don't skip part 6. As others have said it's filled with brutal crazy poo poo. Steel Ball Run is definitely literature but part 6 is worth reading.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Part 6 is hardcore as gently caress

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
kabutomushi

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Early part 3 is comparable to part 1 in terms of figuring out stands and how they work and stuff
Later part 3 is comparable to part 2 in how they start to mess with stands and what they can do and are capable of
Part 4 is slice of life
Part 5 is a partial inversion of part 3's basic formula
Part 6 is just Araki trying to write a woman and ending up with one of the most brutal and hardcore jojos

If Jotaro inherited Jonathan's strength, Josuke inherited Jonathan's heart, and Giorno inherited his ideals and optimism, then Jolyne inherited his ability to take a punch and walk it off like a loving champ

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Part 6: Florida Woman Befriends Living Plankton, Loses Footrace to Baby.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
You could show me a picture of Jolyne with part of a spear stuck in her shoulder while she's still up and walking and I would whole heartedly believe it.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What would have happened if Jolyne carried Versace up a hill and made him drink from a spring?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Florida Woman pees in cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Florida Woman Cuts Off Engagement, Assaults Alligator.