Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Also it looks like it costs a pretty significant chunk of his health and mana to put out shrines. And he cannot use the shrines on Dragon or Baron so if you wanted to jungle, you'd still take smite because why the gently caress wouldn't you take smite and just cripple yourself and your clear?

for the new page
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s2QluptdRk

his ratios look like he benefits pretty well from AP and has tank-like stats too

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

NTT posted:

its not get hosed

welp guess i'm out again, that was fun for maybe 3 games, call me in a year when the thing I play is good again

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
where's the Ivern write up? Is this the first time a champ comes out in the PBE without a champion announcement write-up?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Man I seriously don't get this. My MMR is high relative to my rating, so shouldn't that mean that I will get comparatively more LP for wins and less for losses because the game thinks I should be higher rated?

Instead, my last 10 games have been +12-17 for wins, and -20-25 for losses. I'm now 10-6 win-loss over the last week or so, and I'm at lower LP than I was when I started. This might make sense if I had low MMR relative to rating, but I don't.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tired Moritz posted:

where's the Ivern write up? Is this the first time a champ comes out in the PBE without a champion announcement write-up?

right here

ivern, he is big and green
ivern, he smells like gasoline
ivern, la la la ivern, dun dun da da da daaaaaaa

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Whatever reason you have for thinking your MMR is relatively high is probably wrong.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mystery Prize posted:

Man I seriously don't get this. My MMR is high relative to my rating, so shouldn't that mean that I will get comparatively more LP for wins and less for losses because the game thinks I should be higher rated?

Instead, my last 10 games have been +12-17 for wins, and -20-25 for losses. I'm now 10-6 win-loss over the last week or so, and I'm at lower LP than I was when I started. This might make sense if I had low MMR relative to rating, but I don't.

your MMR is actually low for your rating, is the reason

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
yeah that's a big sign that the system thinks you're way higher than you should be and it's attempting to punt you down a few divisions

win more until it evens back out to the usual +20/-17ish basically

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Servaetes posted:

Also it looks like it costs a pretty significant chunk of his health and mana to put out shrines. And he cannot use the shrines on Dragon or Baron so if you wanted to jungle, you'd still take smite because why the gently caress wouldn't you take smite and just cripple yourself and your clear?

for the new page
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s2QluptdRk

his ratios look like he benefits pretty well from AP and has tank-like stats too

His jungle clear looks godawful; the amount of prep he has to do and how low he gets is just begging to get invaded and murdered by any jungler/mid/support. Hats off to Riot though, he is loving bizarre.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Guess the champion:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im going to guess its illaoi

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
gnar?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Sona

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

blah_blah posted:

Guess the champion:

Oh that's definitely Yasuo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm preemptively declaring Ivern my new main and I don't care if it brings me to Bronze 4 to play him. I will play the gently caress out of that tree friend

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Garen.

Firebert posted:

His jungle clear looks godawful; the amount of prep he has to do and how low he gets is just begging to get invaded and murdered by any jungler/mid/support. Hats off to Riot though, he is loving bizarre.

if he starts red he can snare, create bush, and then let loose his red buff autos and get away easily. if he starts blue he's super safe after smiting raptors and red.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I hope that when he ults he says "yay, timbers"

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Got it. Garen does have crit scaling, after all.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ive actually seen crit garen snowball out of control but based on the item purchase history this one did not

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

ive actually seen crit garen snowball out of control but based on the item purchase history this one did not

I did snowball out of control but alas our ADC made the game almost (but not quite) unwinnable. 80k damage/98k damage taken ain't bad.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2298397304/226941722?tab=overview

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

rabidsquid posted:

I'm the alternating elixirs of ruin and wrath for 20 minutes (no really, I've done that a lot)

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Space Flower posted:

I'm the alternating elixirs of ruin and wrath for 20 minutes (no really, I've done that a lot)

Every time I died it must have been because I chose the wrong one, right?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

blah_blah posted:

I did snowball out of control but alas our ADC made the game almost (but not quite) unwinnable. 80k damage/98k damage taken ain't bad.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2298397304/226941722?tab=overview

i like your 21 death "support" annie who inexplicably bought a dark seal at 6 minutes and literally never purchased a pink ward and also warded 16 times in 51 minutes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Tired Moritz posted:

Yay, a jungler that I will never need smite on.

Also a jungler you wont need machete on. You could start boots and be totally fine.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

rabidsquid posted:

i like your 21 death "support" annie who inexplicably bought a dark seal at 6 minutes and literally never purchased a pink ward and also warded 16 times in 51 minutes

relevant summoner name

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

dicks assassin posted:

Also a jungler you wont need machete on. You could start boots and be totally fine.

You have to take either machete or talisman to get full exp from the jungle camps

but otherwise yeah you can hold off on upgrading that if you want to for a real fuckin' long time

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

KirbyKhan posted:

Can't wait to dash to the Jax on accident. ADC's don't need to click on enemies to do damage, right?

As someone who hasn't played Lee Sin (and thus has not truely lived) I can't wait to live my suicide fantasies.

I believe you jump to your AA range, not his. If you click on a Jax as an ADC you'll dash to 550 or whatever. Think like Kalista ult.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Firebert posted:

If you smite a camp you take it instantly, no need to wait for the ring to fill up, so his clear is probably pretty good. Stonewall didn't want to include this for reasons that make no sense to me, you'd never showcase another champ's smiteless jungle clear.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I really like how Ivern looks, but in the current top end meta of jungler duelists like graves/nid/lee who can invade and kill a camp in 2 seconds I don't see how he can really hold up against someone chasing him down and killing his marked camps.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Interestingly it seems that jungle camps are allied to him, so perhaps his solution to that is to fight alongside the camp. Honestly him being able to shield jungle camps and have them dash if they attack a target rooted by his q would be cool.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I just want to see some Ivern jungle gameplay and my list of videos on youtube include

• IVERN JUNGLE OP GAMEPLAY!
  • Ivern Jungle Gameplay - NEW BROKEN CHAMPION
  • IVERN JUNGLE GAMEPLAY OWNAGE

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Is that Dwight Schultz?
Edit: Apparently it's David Lodge.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 21, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Ivern looks loving awesome.

e:

from my ranked game last night, guess the champ

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 21, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am sad he won't be available for urf this weekend. Covering the rift in bushes sounds fun.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

Ivern looks loving awesome.

e:

from my ranked game last night, guess the champ

Malphite or Sona probably?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Malphite or Sona probably?

Good guess! It was Sona. I've never seen a sona build icy fist before so that was kind of a wtf for me.

Clown car of a game, btw.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2298281262/38198234?tab=overview

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

Good guess! It was Sona. I've never seen a sona build icy fist before so that was kind of a wtf for me.

Clown car of a game, btw.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2298281262/38198234?tab=overview

I have bronze friends so I've seen it a lot. The logic is "obviously sona has good synergy with sheen" -> "I would like more CC and tank" -> frosty fist. It's not crazy in theory it's just in practice the actual numbers don't add up.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I have bronze friends so I've seen it a lot. The logic is "obviously sona has good synergy with sheen" -> "I would like more CC and tank" -> frosty fist. It's not crazy in theory it's just in practice the actual numbers don't add up.

yeah it was not good. There are about nine items I would rather a Sona support build.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
29 Assists, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Tired Moritz posted:

29 Assists, holy poo poo.

Not that surprising.

Take this game for example: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2298090205/33455785?tab=overview

In the depths of hell Bronze, many things are possible, like 31-kill Time to Yi: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2298096857/33455785?tab=overview

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 21, 2016

• Locked thread