Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I assume they'll be a real faction with two gargs before PP releases more ret Arcanists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Floppychop posted:

The post said that some things were intentionally very wrong, and the people wanting to be playtesters had to spot them.
I don't believe you. :colbert:

I really thought that irony would be impossible not to spot.

theironjef posted:

I assume they'll be a real faction with two gargs before PP releases more ret Arcanists.
I do believe you.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My FLGS is doing a wierd progression for the jml. One part of it is a jump straight from 0 to 25 pts. Trying to decide what I want to do with my ret. Arcanists are obvious, as are sentinels. I know the other ret player is doing 3 arcanists, lanyssa, and min sentinels w ua. I don't want to copy him if possible, but I'm having trouble coming up with something I like. The best I could come up with is 1 arcanist and max sents w ua and soulless or 3 arcanists, min sents w ua and a hrt.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
As a Khador player, I can understand skipping the 10 points and BG only stage. The 15pts one though...

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Although some of the steps are weird sizes the size of the increases guarantees you will never face a colossal a journeyman league. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Primecast 36 is up:

Khador is getting a Man-o-war theme force. Some of the new things are a Man-o-war Battle Engine and new large based man o war solos that have more armour and bigger guns bolted on them. So steam powered terminator armour confirmed.

Also Fianna 2 will be out in the next NQ.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Manowar are 40mm bases, they're already steam powered terminator armor.

These are manowar centurions.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I hope the Man-O-War battle engine is just a voltron of like 10 other dudes riveted together.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Maybe it'll be like the 40k Dreadknight, a dude in a Manowar suit strapped into an Aliens-esque power loader.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
So, when are we getting the book with theme forces in it? Last guess I heard was December, is that still looking likely?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

I'll grab ask that manowar stuff if the models look good. Sounds dope

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

!Klams posted:

So, when are we getting the book with theme forces in it? Last guess I heard was December, is that still looking likely?

I don't know if the khador one has been solicited yet. I know the trolls one has

Edit the only one on alliance right now is trolls

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 21, 2016

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I honestly hope it's not just a dude in a big suit, unless that dude is Karchev.

Hopefully the theme will justify me purchasing a buttload of manowars during the mk2 firesale.

On another note, conquest with hand of fate is p legit. Did a fun vlad2 list last night with full yuri + manhunters, double elims, rcds and Joe, and lastly a drakhun. Played into borka2.
Reinholdt helped me shoot some stuff during his feat, misplayed the RC too close to some fire-eaters and fennblades, manhunters and Yuri were pretty underwhelming. Elims did what they do. Conquest did the most work just throwing around 4 pow10 blast templates and almost shot borka to death.

Still really on the fence with yuri + manhunters. Having them opposite fire eaters probably wasn't the best place for them that game tbh, but still - for what yuri and a manhunter bring to the table, I'd almost always rather have double eliminators. If it wasn't for treewalker I'd probably never play them.

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 21, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah I've never gotten them to work. My current vlad2 list is this and it's won almost every game I've played it.

Vlad2
-Behemoth
-Drago
IFP
-UA
Elims
Elims
Mechaniks (min)
Bombardiers (min)
IFKovnik
Drakhun
Drakhun

It hits stupidly hard with a bunch of dudes that are really tough to kill at both ends of the def/arm spectrum. I feel like manhunters don't skew defensive stats far enough either way to really be survivable.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im trying to put together a small toolbox, for lack of a better word, for my actual gaming supplies. a couple dicebags, a couple digest size rulebooks, tape measure, templates for WMH and other stuff, that kind of thing. any suggestions for something to stuff all this nonsense in?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Maaaaan puuuuuurse

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gannyGrabber posted:

Maaaaan puuuuuurse

i already carry a messenger bag i dont need another man purse thanks

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Hold them in your mouth and spit what you need out.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I've got all my crap shoved into my army transport bag.

I've got my dice and tokens in a small, flat, clear "bead box" (?). I cram that in my army transport too. They're pretty cheap. I've used a bigger one to carry minis for skirmish games before.

Why not get another messenger bag for your gaming stuff? Just cram everything in it and never unpack it.

Or get a cheap tool bag or tackle box.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

For anyone looking into the Iron Kingdoms/Unleashed RPG, there's a pretty awesome Bundle of Holding for the PDFs right now
https://bundleofholding.com/presents/IronKingdoms

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

S.J. posted:

For anyone looking into the Iron Kingdoms/Unleashed RPG, there's a pretty awesome Bundle of Holding for the PDFs right now

Don't do that to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

!Klams posted:

This question gets asked quite a bit, might be worth putting this in the first post:

I’ve had a lot of players ask me questions about how Privateer Press will be releasing new product. I’ve spent a lot of time doing research on the subject by listening to keynotes, asking questions of Privateer Press staff, and reading information sent to retailers. Here is a summary of this information:

Command Books:

-The Command Books are expected to start releasing around December.
-Trolls and Menoth will be the first Command Books
-Command Books should release two per month, and should be finished by Lock & Load
-Mercs, Minions, and Convergence will not receive Command Books
-A Command Book will have all of the currently released warcasters or warlocks, all of the currently released warjacks or warbeasts, and some units and solos that are mostly support staff (the Choir of Menoth would be a good example).
-The Command Books will have at least two Theme Forces in them
-Command books will have 3-4 new models in them

Once the Command Books release, Privateer Press will begin releasing Theme Force Books.

-The Theme Force Books are the method that Privateer Press will use to expand the game.
-There will no longer be anthology books that contain releases for each faction in the book, although they may return in the future
-Model releases will no longer be symmetrical. For example, one faction may receive a new colossal when the other factions do not.
-Example Theme Force Books that will be coming out are a Trencher theme force and a Man O War theme force.
-A Theme Force Book will not always have a new caster in it.
-Factions should receive around one Theme Force Book per year.
-The intent is to have most of the models in Theme Force Books available very soon after the release of the book.
-Mercs Theme Force Books will follow the old sub faction contract and Pact set up with Rhul, Blindwater, llalese Resistance, etc.
-There will be a method to release some models outside of Command Books or Theme Force Books
-Theme Force Books will have 6-10 new models in them

Edit: this was posted several weeks ago in their forums by ChainAttackJay

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Not a fan of new releases no longer being symmetrical. Or at least I hope that they keep the same frequency for each faction.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Yeah that really bugs me too. That's literally the best feature of their release schedule. Although it's to the point now where there have been so many missed release windows for models that it really isn't much of a change in actual model releases.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
What really bugs me is the whole "this faction is getting new theme forces/models before this faction" thing is VERY warhammer fantasy and not in a good way. Oh well, maybe they won't gently caress it up!

Also the "you won't always get a new warcaster every year" is a real bummer, too.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Iceclaw posted:

As a Khador player, I can understand skipping the 10 points and BG only stage. The 15pts one though...

khador gets slambot at 10, its actually good, but dont tell anyone its secret tech

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Over/under on which model takes longer from announcement to release?

Skorne Hydra or Grolar?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

S.J. posted:

Yeah that really bugs me too. That's literally the best feature of their release schedule. Although it's to the point now where there have been so many missed release windows for models that it really isn't much of a change in actual model releases.

Yeah it bugged me too at first, but then I looked at the retail release schedule and got over it. We've already been more or less living in this world, especially for the majority of us who don't buy books. Yeah, it's a little less fun to have a book release and not be able to talk about every faction, but I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over it. I also like the idea of de-synchronized releases so that one faction can get a new battle engine without everyone else getting one. I think there's more than a few slot filler models rather than actually inspired or interesting designs.

The GW problem was power creep and also not updating factions between rules editions, neither of which I'm too worried about with PP.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

What really bugs me is the whole "this faction is getting new theme forces/models before this faction" thing is VERY warhammer fantasy and not in a good way. Oh well, maybe they won't gently caress it up!

But the way they're rotating through all the factions in a year means that, sure, Trolls and Menoth get theirs first but then they have a full year to wait for the next thing and everybody else gets something new in between. I really doubt they'd put out multiple Cygnar books before Circle gets a new one, for example. After this initial year it's a circle you can begin measuring anywhere.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

gannyGrabber posted:

Also the "you won't always get a new warcaster every year" is a real bummer, too.

I don't mind the warcaster thing to be honest, there's way too many as is with a huge disparity in power levels. If they don't start slowing down releases or sectioning off certain casters into specific formats they aren't doing themselves any favors.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I don't mind the asymmetrical releases because it cuts back on some of the silly pretzels the story twisted itself into in order to justify, say, every faction suddenly developing colossals at the same time other than Cryx and Ret which totally always had them you guys but they didn't ever use them because reasons. I mean, PP might poo poo the bed with it, but for the moment I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

S.J. posted:

I don't mind the warcaster thing to be honest, there's way too many as is with a huge disparity in power levels. If they don't start slowing down releases or sectioning off certain casters into specific formats they aren't doing themselves any favors.

How many are there currently? Its over 100 right? Thats a lot of dudes and dudettes to try to know what they do.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

S.J. posted:

Ooh. I already own a few of the books in physical copies, but PDFs might be nice. Plus I don't own ALL of them.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I AM THE MOON posted:

khador gets slambot at 10, its actually good, but dont tell anyone its secret tech

Secret slammer tech from the slam sector

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

As far as Theme Forces go, is it confirmed that there will be models that can only be taken in a certain theme force? Or was that just speculation?

Because if that's true, then that would make balancing new models easier. We might get some cool new poo poo with new mechanics that would be really fun and balanced with a subset of casters in a faction even though it would be busted as hell if you took it with other casters or models in the same faction.

I also don't mind asymmetrical releases in theory. There was already an asymmetry between WarMachine and Hordes releases, I don't think it will be a problem between factions.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Iceclaw posted:

Not a fan of new releases no longer being symmetrical. Or at least I hope that they keep the same frequency for each faction.

I'm not so much bothered about the symmetrical releases as I am that releases for a faction are once a year, instead of everyone getting a slow drip of new toys.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

I'm not so much bothered about the symmetrical releases as I am that releases for a faction are once a year, instead of everyone getting a slow drip of new toys.

Yeah that too. I like getting new toys more than once a year. Speaking of which, I reread Malakov2's profil and he feels a lot more interesting. Anyone know when he'll hit shelves?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My only real concern is that theme lists might end up being pretty powerful and some factions are going to be waiting a while to get theirs.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Iceclaw posted:

Yeah that too. I like getting new toys more than once a year.

This is an easy problem to solve! Just start buying multiple factions and you'll never have a dry spell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Iceclaw posted:

Yeah that too. I like getting new toys more than once a year. Speaking of which, I reread Malakov2's profil and he feels a lot more interesting. Anyone know when he'll hit shelves?

Everyone already got one release book a year, just with the releases so spread out you might have to wait an extra year or more to get everything from a book. Let's not forget the Grolar.