Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

What are you going to do now that GBS got shut down?

I'll go back to E/N and contribute there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
All you offended folks should see if HarlyQ will take up your mantle and fought for you. He's the best white Knight theta has top offer

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

I'll go back to E/N and contribute there.

I hope you enjoy it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Never mind they deleted that too. I dunno I like sports so maybe I'll stick to SAS

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Divine Blob posted:

is there a backstory about this:

http://holesquad.ninja/

or is it some inside holesquad joke

The music is new.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

vyst posted:

Never mind they deleted that too. I dunno I like sports so maybe I'll stick to SAS

It still exists http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=214

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

facultas posted:

And this is exactly what I meant regarding why GSOL refused to stay fixed and victim complexes.

Every job is the worst job in EVE. Any space job is tedious, takes work, has CCP's awfulness to deal with, etc. No single org was unique, special, or different, but the cultural transmission of "but guys, unlike everything else in EVE, logi is HARD."

Seriously, no one made anyone do that poo poo, if you didn't like it, didn't have to do it. Would have been better than reluctantly half-assing or no-assing it while complaining non-stop.

Caveat--there were (and still are) some excellent GSOL directors, lest I paint with too broad a brush.

Didn't gsol members get their main account plexed by the alliance back then? Always seemed like sour grapes to me, to hear about people whining after I found that out.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yea i discovered they put it under the 'YOB

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Didn't gsol members get their main account plexed by the alliance back then? Always seemed like sour grapes to me, to hear about people whining after I found that out.

Yeah, topN gsol members got a plex (or two if they were good worker bees) up until basically a couple months ago when the plex-for-tasks budget ran out.

I also gave out titles for evacuating deklein and see how well that went.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
if you had given a medal to that rhea bloodspike guy maybe he wouldn't have gone fuckgoons :sun:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

luminalflux posted:

Yeah, topN gsol members got a plex (or two if they were good worker bees) up until basically a couple months ago when the plex-for-tasks budget ran out.

I also gave out titles for evacuating deklein and see how well that went.

medal or riot

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Nah he'd have found some other reason to be a fuckwit probably, dude was always one of those that ticked me off and I wasn't surprised when he decided to ragequit over a medal

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

vyst posted:

I thought you had to pull for a non-poo poo college football team to actually enjoy sports?

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Syndic Thrass posted:

All you offended folks should see if HarlyQ will take up your mantle and fought for you. He's the best white Knight theta has top offer

Harly is a fuckin champ

Also the sound of your voice is more grating than anything you could say

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

4th Horseman posted:

Also the sound of your voice is more grating than anything you could say

mlyp

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

gwrtheyrn posted:

medal or riot

i gave you one, now please deliver my stuff

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I've missed out on so many voices. Every time I try to hang out in theta mumble no one is there, yet dad and others are always complaining about asshats on theta mumble. I want to asshat! Where's my asshat people?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Maybe they pre-emptively muted/deafened you

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

luminalflux posted:

i gave you one, now please deliver my stuff

I stayed up past downtime last night just for youtuzy. I suffer for my art you see

WTB exefile

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Daco Vato posted:

I've missed out on so many voices. Every time I try to hang out in theta mumble no one is there, yet dad and others are always complaining about asshats on theta mumble. I want to asshat! Where's my asshat people?

I'm imagining it's like Theta jabber but worse.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

CainFortea posted:

Racism and such are bad things. However if they at all contributed to your leaving then they can't be ALL bad.

No one thinks you're cool. No one wants to be like you.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
oh wow. poo poo sorry. I thought I was replying to Syndic.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

facultas posted:

Every job is the worst job in EVE. Any space job is tedious, takes work, has CCP's awfulness to deal with, etc.

I unironically agree with that. For every idiot that presses F1 when he's told there's about a billion man hours behind that decision filled with scutwork, and wranglers ensuring it gets done. Just running a squad of a couple hundred dudes kept me so busy managing personality conflicts/logistics/more personality conflicts/targets/etc left me with just about enough energy to log in and watch other people kill poo poo, but none to press any buttons myself. And literally every time I burned out everything went tits up because no one realized that space wrangling semi useless players into a cohesive effort takes an awful lot of personality/energy/planning and time.

There's a reason why black legion/white legion/whatever collapses every time Elo burns out, why Blackops is dead, why Topgoon continues to be dead etc. No one is willing to put in the work. I unironically spent the entire delve invasion flying mainfleet because being an F1 (Ok and F2/3 because a fair bit of it was in a dictor) pushing monkey was a relatively low stress way to fight the war, I didn't have to think about logistics, someone thought of that for me. I didn't need to wonder about where to go, the FC had that poo poo on lock. Really the only stressful thing I encountered during the whole pile was hearing Isabella's voice, which is enough to make anybodies blood pressure rise.

LiteraryDouble
Nov 28, 2014

Hello friends.

Rhymenoserous posted:

I unironically agree with that. For every idiot that presses F1 when he's told there's about a billion man hours behind that decision filled with scutwork, and wranglers ensuring it gets done. Just running a squad of a couple hundred dudes kept me so busy managing personality conflicts/logistics/more personality conflicts/targets/etc left me with just about enough energy to log in and watch other people kill poo poo, but none to press any buttons myself. And literally every time I burned out everything went tits up because no one realized that space wrangling semi useless players into a cohesive effort takes an awful lot of personality/energy/planning and time.

There's a reason why black legion/white legion/whatever collapses every time Elo burns out, why Blackops is dead, why Topgoon continues to be dead etc. No one is willing to put in the work. I unironically spent the entire delve invasion flying mainfleet because being an F1 (Ok and F2/3 because a fair bit of it was in a dictor) pushing monkey was a relatively low stress way to fight the war, I didn't have to think about logistics, someone thought of that for me. I didn't need to wonder about where to go, the FC had that poo poo on lock. Really the only stressful thing I encountered during the whole pile was hearing Isabella's voice, which is enough to make anybodies blood pressure rise.

I remember how shocked I was when I realized the 3000-15000 character super alliances were actually run by a half-dozen to a dozen people with hyper-advanced forms of autism. Literally the entire rest of the alliances' weights are just F1 monkeys. Some with special titles, granted.

As soon as one of these organizational pillars stops working, so to does everything under them.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Personality conflicts are best dealt by not pushing butan on people with personalities that conflict with the status quo and/or kicking people with problematic personalities.

I'm so glad I figured this one out early.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

There are only a handful of people I said "no" to for hole squad for reasons other than illiteracy, but almost invariably I've been vindicated sooner or later.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

facultas posted:

New Facebook group is something like All Tomorrow's Parties as mentioned earlier in this thread, and there's like a dozen mods to add people to it if you're in the Imperium and want to hang out on yachts and such. I think there's a new telegram group as well, but as for how that works :iiam:

Yea im in both of these. It's nice to have someone else to send gifs to other than the literally tens of Americans that use Telegram

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Elsa posted:

oh wow. poo poo sorry. I thought I was replying to Syndic.

The part where it didn't say my name to the left of the post got away from you then?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
you probably should start signing your posts just to be on the safe side from now on

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

lol if you don't have the independent drive to do stuff in eve

wait poo poo that's probably why im a direkkktor of my corporation :negative:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

There are only a handful of people I said "no" to for hole squad for reasons other than illiteracy, but almost invariably I've been vindicated sooner or later.

Garr Khan did nothing wrong

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Glory of Arioch posted:

eve takes a lot of effort to play, i found another character i have with a bunch of sp and isk but i'm too lazy to install, log on, and give it away.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
if someone wants to give me some real isk i'll do 8 real isk (usa) for 1 billion eve isk

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Glory of Arioch posted:

I'd rather let you do all the work and then smug in forums about how well "we" are doing. What I'm saying is that Eve is like professional sports: a handful of people do all the work so that we can claim victory for our tribe. It's actually quite civilized.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

LiteraryDouble posted:

I remember how shocked I was when I realized the 3000-15000 character super alliances were actually run by a half-dozen to a dozen people with hyper-advanced forms of autism. Literally the entire rest of the alliances' weights are just F1 monkeys. Some with special titles, granted.

As soon as one of these organizational pillars stops working, so to does everything under them.

This is even more pronounced in smaller alliances since its usually propped up by 1-2 people doing all the work. Elo Knight tends to flame out in spectacular fashion but other groups do it as well.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

if someone wants to give me some real isk i'll do 8 real isk (usa) for 1 billion eve isk

I just came back from Iceland and have 8 isk in coins. Going conversion rate is like 87 isk to the dollar = I'll paypal you a dime, you'll be ahead of the market!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

roses for sale

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Personality conflicts are best dealt by not pushing butan on people with personalities that conflict with the status quo and/or kicking people with problematic personalities.

I'm so glad I figured this one out early.
you're welcome for no boats b t w

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Garr Khan did nothing wrong

Actually garr exited before I joined hole squad (I think.)

I joined early in the Garnt era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sianime's celebration of delivering a message to Somethingawfool is cut short when he learns that his mother, Dariushka, has been captured by the Legion. Sianime informs Coorns and also tells him of their mother's secret love affair with Grand Autist Mittan, who is offering a reward (50 Paplink) to Sianime. He decides to lead a commando team composed of Impgooni and claim the reward is 20 paplinks so he can keep a larger share. They first recruit Sindick, making him "Strategic Operations Officer" for the mission. Next, they hire Deetier, a Impgooni "eliminator" who does not care for paplink but loves a challenge. Sianime bails out his cousin Weesell, who was arrested for attacking minorities and signs him up as a chance for redemption. At a briefing, the team learns they do not have a ship and are interrupted when Endee arrives, asking to join. Having lost his job as a GSA Masterpuppet, he hopes helping rescue Dariushka will make Mittan give him his job back. When the team refuses, Endee mentions he will simply return to his ship and leave. The team grudgingly accepts him.

Running simulations on the homosuite go poorly. The team is unable to kill any Jeff'radar soldiers and on the eighth attempt, Deetier shoots Dariushka (seeing that they were not going to rescue her). When Sianime reminisces about the negotiations he went through to get a message to Somethingawfool, Coorns encourages his brother by saying that Impgooni may not be good commandos, but they are excellent negotiators. They just need to find someone the Legion wants and the Legion will give them the person the Impgooni want; that way, everyone goes home alive. As thanks for trying to give Mr Edwords 150,000 paplink, Sianime is given the captured Horda Gloopy and the group arranges a meeting with the Legion at Re'Dit 4 (as its layout is identical to GO9). The team makes base camp in the station's infirmary, where Gloopy reveals he will probably be executed once he is returned. He attempts to escape in Endee's ship, but fortunately Coorns disabled the ship after they arrived (Sianime chased him because sometimes Sindick gets it wrong). A Legion ship arrives and the Impgooni find themselves surrounded by Jeff'radar. The Legion commander Don'ron (played by Michael Vick) presents Dariushka to Sianime, Coorns, Sindick and Endee, but, seeing the obvious strategic advantage that the Legion troops have, they force Ron'don to order his troops (save for his two bodyguards) to leave the station and immediate region of space. While celebrating their soon-to-be successful exchange, Coorns accidentally lets slip the fact that the reward is actually 50 paplinks, not 20. In a rage, Endee tries to shoot Sianime but ends up killing Gloopy, whose last words are "I hate Impgooni."

As Ron'Don grows impatient, Sindick determines that Gloopy is dead. The team agrees to not give up . . . for an equal share of 50 paplinks. Placing a neural stimulator on Gloopy's head causes him to swing his arm and Sianime gets an idea. He changes the exchange point to the airlock where the ship is while Sindick modifies the stimulators. At the exchange, they are able to get Gloopy's dead body to walk and once Dariushka is safely with Sianime, the team ambushes Ron'don's Jeff'radar guards. Endee asks what they will do with him, and Sianime says that Ron'don will be their gift to the GSA. ("They gave us a Horda, we'll give them one.") The Impgooni team leaves Re'Dit 4 while Gloopy's body continues walking into a support beam.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 22, 2016

• Locked thread