Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

GraPar posted:

Was disappointed for one second that Lauren Lapkus can't make the UK tour, which I'm seeing in London, until Scott announced that Jon Gabrus as Gino is subbing in for her. Probably the only replacement that wouldn't be a step down.

I'd view him as a (relatively small) step down in a bubble, just because Lapkus is one of my favorites, but as someone who's listened to every tour episode, mixing in some fresh blood isn't the worst thing that could happen. Even something as simple as Hanford being the first guest in one of the Australia shows made me enjoy him more than I usually did by changing the dynamic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this newest episode had an exceptional first segment. i think scott enjoys how much tatiana enjoys his comedy, and it lead to a long les mis tangent. so, great episode c+

edit: i love that scott and paul already have an entire vaudeville routine about the 2016 election.

cams fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 20, 2016

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
I loved how the No Logo clown show just completely offended Scott's theater sensibilities and every additional detail just disgusted him even more.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I think my favorite part was kristian unabashedly dropping a "my wife" on scott like 3 years after he put a moratorium on the bit

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

padijun posted:

I think my favorite part was kristian unabashedly dropping a "my wife" on scott like 3 years after he put a moratorium on the bit

The My Wife part on the Episode with Tig and Mike was really funny too

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

turtleface posted:

I loved how the No Logo clown show just completely offended Scott's theater sensibilities and every additional detail just disgusted him even more.

Whoever plays Kristian Bruun is great, I can't wait to hear some of his other characters

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mary Hollands character reveal absolutely slaying PFT was probably my favorite part. I know he can't help himself, but I think he had difficulty breathing in that bit, and it was great.

I'd never seen Orphan Black when they did the show last year, so kind of shocked that the guy who plays Donnie was the other guest. He seems pretty great.

E: also when they said he plays the character married to Tatiana's, I mentally went 'wait no he's not he's married to... oh god drat'. That damned show.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Everyone's probably aware, but Scott Aukerman did a thing.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b2fc974d1d/between-two-ferns-with-zach-galifianakis-hillary-clinton

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/story-behind-hillary-clinton-between-two-ferns.html

Scott interview about it

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

The reactions in my Facebook feed have been pretty interesting. People who want to see her as robotic and uncomfortable talking to people are having a field day. They also seem to be the people who have never seen Between Two Ferns.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

I was ready to hate it like I hated her unfunny appearance on Broad City, but it had me laughing out loud more than once. I love these.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
"White power tie" was killer and reads like an Aukerman joke, I wonder if that part was scripted

E: whoop, just read the interview, guess it was. It was a Zach joke though

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 22, 2016

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

She did pretty well considering the fact that's she's a politician and not an actor, maybe not quite as good as Obama but that's because she didn't get a good fat joke in there.

I liked it a lot, though, mostly because Zach and Scott are so good at finding the line and going right up to it.

How does Obama take his coffee? Like himself? ..... Weak?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
It would be the best if he got another Emmy for this and rubbed it into Adam Scott's face again.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
It'll depend on who wins the election.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rapeface posted:

It would be the best if he got another Emmy for this and rubbed it into Adam Scott's face again.

What I want to know is, when is the stealth campaign to get Adam Scott an Oscar going to get underway?

Remember: He is legally, contractually bound to say he's going to put it up his butt.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I was at the manchester show last night. I hope you all like Gino. A lot.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
"yes, we do" - everyone

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's a good thing UK shows are going up, cause today's ep... Yeesh.

e: Yeesh to the tour ep's recording quality too. On shows like this where the stage is horribly muted/muffled, but a portion of the audience is crystal clear, I wonder if they have to source someone's sneaky phone recording.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 27, 2016

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Gino hosed up

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

You're the Worst is a fantastic show, and Aya Cash was really good on the JV Club. Sadly, her and Kether Donahue aren't really funny people, and Bonequeef is only funny for a few minutes before it gets stupid. There was nothing he or Kate Berlant could do to make it interesting.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

ArtVandelay posted:

You're the Worst is a fantastic show, and Aya Cash was really good on the JV Club. Sadly, her and Kether Donahue aren't really funny people, and Bonequeef is only funny for a few minutes before it gets stupid. There was nothing he or Kate Berlant could do to make it interesting.

:agreed:

The "perv" explanation in particular was hard to listen to.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ArtVandelay posted:

and Bonequeef is only funny for a few minutes before it gets stupid.

I disagree, it's spectacular list humor.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Bone Queef rules (Bone like that weird rear end comic from the 90s, queef like a pussy fart).

beeman
May 7, 2008

Bone Queef is good. i'm generally a fan of there being character co-hosts, like Gino and Ming also

i enjoyed the episode tbh. the celebrity guests don't really need to be that funny if there are improvisors doing that

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Looks like they uploaded Manchester again with much better audio quality, which is good news for me because I hadn't listened to it yet.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I like Bone Queef. Aya and Kether are great actresses and were solid, affable guests, maybe there should have been one of them. Fourth guest was kinda understated. Kinda middling after a solid run of C+ episodes, but I still enjoyed it.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Is ya'll safe?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Xenochrist posted:

:agreed:

The "perv" explanation in particular was hard to listen to.

Yea, if you're starting to explain an inside joke or inside thing at all, just stop.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

beeman posted:

Bone Queef is good. i'm generally a fan of there being character co-hosts, like Gino and Ming also

Same. Gino is great, and Ming makes me laugh in spite of myself

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Any goons at London tonight? I found out about it late enough that I could only get tickets for the unreserved top area, so showing up early. Hoping there'll be a special guest like Syd although I'm guessing that was more due to Claudia happening to be around at the time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This was a loving great show. We got Andrew Lloyd Webber as well as Gino and Lennon like the other UK shows. It got slow for about 10 minutes at the end of the Scott + PFT section, but once Gabrus came out it picked right back up again and never really stopped. I actually didn't even know Lapkus had dropped out but it ended up not being a big deal because Gino was probably the funniest part of the night for me. He's a first-gen immigrant now. Webber does some soliloquising that may not work as well without the image of him forlornly grasping at the curtain, but him exorcising the theater of a supposed ghost should translate pretty beautifully.

Also very much dug Hanford's stand-up. That whole section about writing a song about a girl in the audience but getting frustrated when facts about her don't confirm to Americana cliches was fantastic.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Yeah, London show was great, and a bit of an epic at two and a half hours long. Gino definite highlight, made even better because there was definitely like 1/4 of the audience who were not enjoying him that much, while everyone else was loving it.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

I was sat in the front row and it was an incredible experience (except PFT's mic being way louder than anyone else's). My girlfriend getting crowd-worked by Gino was a highlight.

I was amazed by how much more you get from the reactions and the stage work of a live show. At various points in the show Scott and Paul were changing seats, chasing each other, hiding upstage.

PFT having to scrunch up his face to stifle a laugh will never not be funny.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Spectacular Gemberling character today as the caretaker of the 110 year old woman. High level charac.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

ManoliIsFat posted:

Spectacular Gemberling character today as the caretaker of the 110 year old woman. High level charac.

Kirkman was great too. Good ep.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Really great ep all round. Gemberling was extremely funny.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

turtleface posted:

Kirkman was great too. Good ep.

Yeah, I was really impressed. Super good at yes, anding

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah, he was really good. Scott should bring him back for the Christmas extravaganza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

That was a genius character by Gemberling. Didn't think anything could come close to Little Button Puss.