Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

anime was right posted:

https://medium.com/@ahfb/is-street-fighter-v-a-bad-game-528001648887#.evjpm9jni

im just gonna quote this any time i feel the need to chime in on why i think sfv is a bad game. should save me some time.

Next Story 33. If you went to my larp and didnt like it, heres what Id like you to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Forever chasing the zesty high of tacos is the saddest existence.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

cams posted:

for real i think most of you are absolute poo poo at sfv

like if you wanna be like "gently caress seven and a half frames of input delay i cannot possibly figure out how to work around this unstoppable wall of difficulty" and admit you suck poo poo that's fine

but being like "heh everybody who is good at this game is stupid and this game is bad" cause you real fuckin bad at adapting? that's just sad.

complaining is much easier than adapting though so i get it

Haha.
*cough*
Hahahahahaha.

Hi there, Floe. https://twitter.com/Floejisan/status/778720822701600768

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Sep 22, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cams posted:

like if you wanna be like "gently caress seven and a half frames of input delay i cannot possibly figure out how to work around this unstoppable wall of difficulty" and admit you suck poo poo that's fine

but being like "heh everybody who is good at this game is stupid and this game is bad" cause you real fuckin bad at adapting? that's just sad.

why would i play a game that has nothing to offer over other games enough to get good at it

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
2 hours of getting bopped at ST or Xrd is infinitely more fun than playing SFV against anyone of any skill level

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

cams posted:

no i disagree and i think most people who post in this thread are real loving bad at street fighter 5

except mr apples, does he post here?

Sometimes, mostly I just watch the trainwreck that is this thread

My problem with SFV *gameplay* is mostly the 8 frames, though that didn't kill my interest in the game by itself, I mostly play online in my current setting and CFN as a whole is a terrible package. Their apparent apathy towards having bad netcode, broken stats (apparently partially fixed now?) and bad lobby system just wastes a massive amount of time and makes the experience significantly worse. I have better things to do than "adapting" to CFN so now I'm playing BB on my free time :shrug:

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

apple posted:

My problem with SFV *gameplay* is mostly the 8 frames, though that didn't kill my interest in the game by itself, I mostly play online in my current setting and CFN as a whole is a terrible package. Their apparent apathy towards having bad netcode, broken stats (apparently partially fixed now?) and bad lobby system just wastes a massive amount of time and makes the experience significantly worse. I have better things to do than "adapting" to CFN so now I'm playing BB on my free time :shrug:

I haven't played much since KoF14 dropped as well. I don't want to play endless FT2's with different people over and over while risking getting a lovely rollback match. The game is fine but the online part needs work.

I'll try Urine tomorrow though.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

There are better things than Street Fighter V to have a meltdown over, to be honest.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/778771379915149313

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Todays the update yeah? Wow, vs CPU. Living the dream.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I saved up for urien but I know hes gonna be lovely. Oh well.

And cams u are my fang hero, that was extremely my poo poo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cams posted:

I'm bad and I dislike this game, so you made the correct correlation. It's just that I think going "you only hate it because you can't win" is reductive as gently caress. There's probably some people that are like that - hey, Santhrax, how you doing? - , but I'm WAY below the level where a performance drop puts me off of a game. I'm also okay if you like it, even if it's just because you can win at it. I just got burned out trying to "enjoy" it because of that same line of thought, and I don't think the issues I have with the game are made up or anything.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Todays the update yeah? Wow, vs CPU. Living the dream.

ANy idea when it would update? Im actually curious about checking out the daily challenges.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Starts at 9am pst and ends at whatever 1900 is? 7pm I guess?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol right they take the game down for 12 hours to push a patch.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

cams posted:

Hey, this argument is much dumber coming from you than it is coming from actual good players,

bonus points for dumb buzzword as catchall response for literally any criticism about anything in any FG ever.

Also I've asked you to play before but then you immediately left the discord at the sight of my chats and never came back.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Hey, this argument is much dumber coming from you than it is coming from actual good players,

bonus points for dumb buzzword as catchall response for literally any criticism about anything in any FG ever.

Also I've asked you to play before but then you immediately left the discord at the sight of my chats and never came back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npHDxSvwCE0

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i think if you actually discount fighting games because youre bad at them youre gonna hate every single one there is

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
2D world more like doodie world

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i think if you actually discount fighting games because youre bad at them youre gonna hate every single one there is

Nidhog is unhateable

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

cams posted:

:bravo:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Here's more bad Fang, but the ending is cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BhpvQNnrs

The video from yesterday got me to slide more and actually use the 3P+down thing and I'm trying to actually combo with him in training now but not so much in matches. If this guy protected his feet at all I'd be dead meat I think.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
nowadays i only play this game to be a degenerate with r. mika

that's how i derive my fun from this game

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

General Morden posted:

nowadays i only play this game to be a degenerate with r. mika

that's how i derive my fun from this game

Embrace the crazy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is the patch live yet

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

MinibarMatchman posted:

is the patch live yet

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You've waited 7 months or whatever for challenges, you can wait a few more hours.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

lol i've played you like twice ever and the last time i did, you started getting salty when i'd throw out uppercuts during your unsafe blockstrings with poison. when i took a few games you messaged me to complain about how i was playing and also the lag.

hard pass

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I saved up for urien but I know hes gonna be lovely. Oh well.

And cams u are my fang hero, that was extremely my poo poo.
thx. i love me some buttons and fang has some great ones. really fun training people when to push buttons after blocking and when not to.

apple posted:

sorry, i meant the guy named mrapples who would hang out in the discord. if i am getting the name right, he played gief and is by far the best goon sfv player i rolled with.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cams posted:

sorry, i meant the guy named mrapples who would hang out in the discord. if i am getting the name right, he played gief and is by far the best goon sfv player i rolled with.

lmao

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

cams posted:

lol i've played you like twice ever and the last time i did, you started getting salty when i'd throw out uppercuts during your unsafe blockstrings with poison. when i took a few games you messaged me to complain about how i was playing and also the lag.

it's cute you remember this but i've probably been an abusive dick to every person i've ever played a fg with but you're the only one to actually flee an internet chatroom because i was salty once like 2 years ago

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

it's cute you remember this but i've probably been an abusive dick to every person i've ever played a fg with but you're the only one to actually flee an internet chatroom because i was salty once like 2 years ago
lol you weren't being an abusive dick, you were whining. but i do also just think you're a oval office in general, so yeah. i'd rather not interract with you.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

cams posted:

mrrascal?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yes this is who i meant, thank you. had a very strong grasp of this game and how to play it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cams posted:

lol you weren't being an abusive dick, you were whining. but i do also just think you're a oval office in general, so yeah. i'd rather not interract with you.

fwiw this is the objectively right choice even tho I don't agree with your other opinions

bebop bad

badbop

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
damns cams

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Game do recognize game.

Anyway, is Urien gonna be real bad? I've heard tales of "no 3f normals" and "no crossups", and he's a charge character with a situational V-Skill...maybe he really was incomplete? Please don't make Urien suck, it's Urien, he don't deserve this.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Dias posted:

Anyway, is Urien gonna be real bad? I've heard tales of "no 3f normals" and "no crossups", and he's a charge character with a situational V-Skill...maybe he really was incomplete? Please don't make Urien suck, it's Urien, he don't deserve this.

Too late. They already hosed up all the characters.

EDIT: I'm still loving salty about how they literally removed every single fun move from Vega in SFV and the only fun thing they added is the VT which you can do only once per round.
No Blackslash, no Cosmic Heel, no Crimson Terror, no safe Rolls, no 3f safe-jumps after backthrow, no nothing.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 22, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

cams posted:

this is completely fair but coming here and posting some banal poo poo about how everyone who dislikes or has criticisms about this game are actually just bad at it and mad because they lose is really dumb

also you're still a coward fight me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's not even a tale they literally say both of those things in his character introduction video and don't offer any upsides beside "Has aegis" "you can hold down his hard attacks for more hits"

Still buying unless someone can convince me on a different DLC character by tonight.