Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Can I get a 3 minute YouTube recap by the time I get out of work, TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
You know who's a good UMPer?

Drinkfist.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
I saw this talking about ping and rates and stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHi2DfSFFpk

Watched @ 1.5

stump collector
May 28, 2007

yolandi posted:

I saw this talking about ping and rates and stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHi2DfSFFpk

Watched @ 1.5

holy poo poo call of duty is bad

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Twilight Matrix posted:

i cant wait to see what sounds they change next

My money is on updates to ambient noise

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

exethan posted:

holy poo poo call of duty is bad

Can you maybe not do a lovely crop that gets rid of the heading for this stuff or maybe say what this chart is supposed to mean

stump collector
May 28, 2007
its pretty obvious

call of duty is 2.5 times more bad than CSGO

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

Can you maybe not do a lovely crop that gets rid of the heading for this stuff or maybe say what this chart is supposed to mean

It's the max (red), average (blue), and lowest (green) delay in frames between somebody taking an action and it displaying on a second player's screen, when both players have the tickrate, interp, and ping displayed to the left, from 20 tests.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Crimson posted:

I take it you got schooled? I need a recap.

Yeah, I didn't stand a chance. Maybe the Ump isn't so good vs an AK on an aim map...

Nah couldn't be, I just didn't ump hard enough. I would surely crush him in a rematch.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 22, 2016

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
You attempted to AK a couple rounds don't sell yourself short!

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
That's probably why I lost. You telling me to use the AK caused me to betray the ump for 2 rounds.

This is getting to be too much. I can't stop now, I'm in too deep!

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 22, 2016

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Apogee15 posted:

That's probably why I lost. You telling me to use the AK caused me to betray the ump for 2 rounds.

Why do goons think this is funny

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Apogee15 posted:

:xd: :xd: :xd:

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
What I don't get is why people took me seriously. The only response was to double down.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Apogee15 posted:

What I don't get is why people took me seriously. The only response was to double down.

No one ever took you seriously about the UMP stuff

edit: at least not the people that organized this. From my perspective the joke was already over before you even started talking about UMP stuff

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Shoulda mastered the PP, instead of being a chUMP.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Ozmiander posted:

Shoulda mastered the PP, instead of being a chUMP.

You take that back! The PP wishes it was half the gun the Ump is!

Garfu posted:

No one ever took you seriously about the UMP stuff
edit: at least not the people that organized this. From my perspective the joke was already over before you even started talking about UMP stuff

The guy I played against seemed to take it seriously. I come online a few minutes before it starts and see him practicing on the aim map offline then he tries to lecture me about microphones and umps afterwards. I mean look at this!

Smithereens posted:

i dont understand why bad players think its a good idea to pop off about how their retarded plays are actually good and smart. there is a reason most people use the ak and m4 and there's also a reason why people communicate using microphones. believe it or not, there's also a reason why you shouldn't use a ump at anything but a close angle.

instead of trying to teach me a thing or two about this game that i've played for years, perhaps you should try to look deep inside yourself and find the humility to acknowledge that you play like an idiot and try to be a good player or stick to casual where you'd fit right in.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 22, 2016

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

the point of this whole ordeal was to show how dumb and bad players rarely have the skill to back up any of the bullshit feel-good game advice they spew out. aim is like 20% of the game and there are much more important factors in a lot of other situations such as positioning and timing. my gripe with all you dumb idiots in the thread is a lot of you are too selfish and stubborn to say "hey, i am playing a team-based game with other real human beings who might be griefed by my stupid choices... hmm better double down on being retarded instead of making compromises with my team." this dumb notion of "ill play how i want to play and you play how you want to play" goes against the premise of a team based game!! YOU SHOUDL PLAY A loving SINGLE PLAYER GAME IF YOU DONT WANT TO WORK TOGETHER AS A loving TEAM YOU GODDAMN RETARDS!! i used to think like this too, but now i realize how dumb and bad of a player i was and have pretty much been avoiding goonmans because of the mental illnesses and bad habits it gave me.

here are some lessons that some of you should learn:
a. people will flame you because it is a competitive game
b. antagonizing your teammates is a surefire way to have a bad time
c. you are a bad and i am a-better than u so stfu
d. i dont lie and i dont troll (lets win this game)

$7.00 for relatively good pugs with generally less trolls and idiots than mm and goonman has been a pretty good deal.
ps: i hate all of you minus gary. gary u r cool

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Thanks for proving my point.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Apogee you're probably never going to get good and you should get that tattooed on ur butt ps I did sex with buns and he can't call me back i think because he doesn't have a mic

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

hey man nice point!! u got me i am trololed and mad xD

seriously though, you are a bad player and it's very obvious to me and others that you are trying to backpedal this whole situation as if it were some kind of hilarious pre-planned ruse. stop giving bad advice especially on topics you know very little about. just admit defeat because you aren't going to save face by saying it was a joke.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Apogee15 posted:

stop posting forever

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Spiros posted:

Apogee you're probably never going to get good and you should get that tattooed on ur butt ps I did sex with buns and he can't call me back i think because he doesn't have a mic

Sounds like a killer tattoo. Can you start me a gofundme for it?

Smithereens posted:

hey man nice point!! u got me i am trololed and mad xD

seriously though, you are a bad player and it's very obvious to me and others that you are trying to backpedal this whole situation as if it were some kind of hilarious pre-planned ruse. stop giving bad advice especially on topics you know very little about. just admit defeat because you aren't going to save face by saying it was a joke.

You know nothing, it's probably why you can't handle MM. If you'd just use an Ump you'd probably do better.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I think we can all agree that the UMP is bad. As well as all the other SMGs. And shotguns. And the Scar and Negev and whatever that other machine gun is called. In fact let's remove every gun except pistols, AK, M4, SSG and AWP and be done with it.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Elman posted:

I think we can all agree that the UMP is bad. As well as all the other SMGs. And shotguns. And the Scar and Negev and whatever that other machine gun is called. In fact let's remove every gun except pistols, AK, M4, SSG and AWP and be done with it.

The ump is the best round 2 smg buy. Cheaper than the other options, better damage/accuracy than the mp9/mac10 if you're not in close quarters. Other than that though, you are correct.

Also: it pisses me off in MM when you get two guys with 300 ping in your game who obviously queued together from some country and shouldn't be in your game. Why is this allowed? It make my game worse because they're basically worthless. I have two teammates now who can't do poo poo. Thanks Valve!

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

You know nothing, it's probably why you can't handle MM. If you'd just use an Ump you'd probably do better.

give it up dude, i am 100% serious that i am better than you even in your dumb troll world. i can use pretty much every gun better than you.
this is a screen shot of what im assuming is the past month of my activity on the sub.io server.

let me reiterate again that using the ump every round is dumb and i probably have more experience and skill using the ump than u do.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Elman posted:

yes

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Smithereens posted:

the point of this whole ordeal was to show how dumb and bad players rarely have the skill to back up any of the bullshit feel-good game advice they spew out. aim is like 20% of the game and there are much more important factors in a lot of other situations such as positioning and timing. my gripe with all you dumb idiots in the thread is a lot of you are too selfish and stubborn to say "hey, i am playing a team-based game with other real human beings who might be griefed by my stupid choices... hmm better double down on being retarded instead of making compromises with my team." this dumb notion of "ill play how i want to play and you play how you want to play" goes against the premise of a team based game!! YOU SHOUDL PLAY A loving SINGLE PLAYER GAME IF YOU DONT WANT TO WORK TOGETHER AS A loving TEAM YOU GODDAMN RETARDS!! i used to think like this too, but now i realize how dumb and bad of a player i was and have pretty much been avoiding goonmans because of the mental illnesses and bad habits it gave me.

here are some lessons that some of you should learn:
a. people will flame you because it is a competitive game
b. antagonizing your teammates is a surefire way to have a bad time
c. you are a bad and i am a-better than u so stfu
d. i dont lie and i dont troll (lets win this game)

$7.00 for relatively good pugs with generally less trolls and idiots than mm and goonman has been a pretty good deal.
ps: i hate all of you minus gary. gary u r cool

this post is like rain on your wedding day

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
nice meltdown

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
It was all worth it in the end.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

It was all worth it in the end.

grown adult with a child finds humor in trolling an online video game forum with bad advice and arguing about the merits of childhood spanking. you seem like a swell chap a good dad :classiclol:

Rite Of Massage fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 22, 2016

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Kid is gonna join a gang due to lack of communication

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Crimson posted:

I take it you got schooled? I need a recap.

https://www.twitch.tv/garfu/v/90699698

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

http://imgur.com/a/dn4No

hey man i found some very interesting research for you
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/can-prevention-technical-package.pdf

http://news.utexas.edu/2016/04/25/risks-of-harm-from-spanking-confirmed-by-researchers

quote:

Gershoff and co-author Andrew Grogan-Kaylor, an associate professor at the University of Michigan School of Social Work, found that spanking (defined as an open-handed hit on the behind or extremities) was significantly linked with 13 of the 17 outcomes they examined, all in the direction of detrimental outcomes.

Gershoff and Grogan-Kaylor tested for some long-term effects among adults who were spanked as children. The more they were spanked, the more likely they were to exhibit anti-social behavior and to experience mental health problems. They were also more likely to support physical punishment for their own children, which highlights one of the key ways that attitudes toward physical punishment are passed from generation to generation.

maybe you should take my word that your cs game is retarded if you seriously consider spanking non-traumatic for a child

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

This thread got really dumb.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Welp, there goes the neighborhood.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Apogee15 posted:

Welp, there goes the neighborhood.

Jokes on you, this neighborhood has always been bad.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
The parenting poo poo is a little :chanpop: but otherwise apogee please leave and stop with the GBS level thread troll

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

EvilBeard posted:

The ump is the best round 2 smg buy. Cheaper than the other options, better damage/accuracy than the mp9/mac10 if you're not in close quarters. Other than that though, you are correct.

Counterpoint: The mp7 owns them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Apogee15 posted:

to be absolutely fair, i was surprised as well that people took it seriously enough to write essay long posts about why you're wrong for something so obviously facetious