Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

Too late. They already hosed up all the characters.

EDIT: I'm still loving salty about how they literally removed every single fun move from Vega in SFV and the only fun thing they added is the VT which you can do only once per round.
No Blackslash, no Cosmic Heel, no Crimson Terror, no safe Rolls, no 3f safe-jumps after backthrow, no nothing.

No kara-throw either if that was a thing you did with Vega in SF4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dias posted:

Game do recognize game.

Anyway, is Urien gonna be real bad? I've heard tales of "no 3f normals" and "no crossups", and he's a charge character with a situational V-Skill...maybe he really was incomplete? Please don't make Urien suck, it's Urien, he don't deserve this.

His buttons look really good, but he seems to walk slow-ish? He will probably not be great but hopefully he will at least be somewhat decent like Alex.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's not even a tale they literally say both of those things in his character introduction video and don't offer any upsides beside "Has aegis" "you can hold down his hard attacks for more hits"

Still buying unless someone can convince me on a different DLC character by tonight.

Spend it on Karin costumes

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's not even a tale they literally say both of those things in his character introduction video and don't offer any upsides beside "Has aegis" "you can hold down his hard attacks for more hits"

Still buying unless someone can convince me on a different DLC character by tonight.

Ech. I've been out of the SFV loop, didn't even see there was an official intro video already out (it's Capcom, you never know). I thought people were harping about datamined poo poo.

Evil Canadian posted:

His buttons look really good, but he seems to walk slow-ish? He will probably not be great but hopefully he will at least be somewhat decent like Alex.

He better hit like a freight train and have good midrange confirms then, otherwise he's gonna be in trouble. We'll see. I mean, someone'll see and I'll check on it later. DLC characters so far have been pretty mediocre.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ryuga Death posted:

No kara-throw either if that was a thing you did with Vega in SF4.

Yeah, that was a thing too.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

cams posted:

sorry, i meant the guy named mrapples who would hang out in the discord. if i am getting the name right, he played gief and is by far the best goon sfv player i rolled with.

Well he must be on some piccolo poo poo with training weights because Zangief is pretty terrible

IDK if it's just part of your shtick or whatever but

quote:

but being like "heh everybody who is good at this game is stupid and this game is bad" cause you real fuckin bad at adapting? that's just sad.

complaining is much easier than adapting though so i get it

Some variation of this strawman is unironically vomited by big voices constantly (Alex Valle, Ricky, Floe, Justin, etc.) and it's honestly really tiring, it makes them look like morons who cannot discuss anything with nuance; things that aren't black and white are too complicated for their heads or not worth discussing to them because it's apparently vindication for the hypothetical huge crowd of "I'm bad therefore I think the game is bad!". It's more toxic than the supposed whiners that they are addressing.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

this is completely fair but coming here and posting some banal poo poo about how everyone who dislikes or has criticisms about this game are actually just bad at it and mad because they lose is really dumb

also you're still a coward fight me

Can we go back to the days when two players would have a battle for honor and the loser is banished from the thread? And also someone records it so we can all watch

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Jmcrofts posted:

Can we go back to the days when two players would have a battle for honor and the loser is banished from the thread? And also someone records it so we can all watch

I agree but also if I lose I will have actual physical withdrawals from being unable to shitpost and cams will be responsible for my death

apple posted:

Some variation of this strawman is unironically vomited by big voices constantly (Alex Valle, Ricky, Floe, Justin, etc.) and it's honestly really tiring, it makes them look like morons who cannot discuss anything with nuance; things that aren't black and white are too complicated for their heads or not worth discussing to them because it's apparently vindication for the hypothetical huge crowd of "I'm bad therefore I think the game is bad!". It's more toxic than the supposed whiners that they are addressing.

It's also really ironic because a lot of them were on the other side with SF4.

Especially leading up to the release of SF5 there was a lot of poo poo talk about "SF4 Players" wouldn't be good in SF5 because they can't rely on X crutch or Y Dumb Thing. Focus Attacks were rightly criticized but often to the extreme of "it completely kills footsies and nobody who learned SF4 knows Real Footsies." It's really funny looking back on that when you look at the state of footsies in SF5, and when players who are RIDICULOUSLY GOOD like PR Rog poo poo on the game for it they get the "you just don't like it because you lose" response.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 22, 2016

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
SFV thunderdome between these two. Loser probated for 3 days

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Underground Arena, no items, Nash only

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Capcom should just literally remake 3rd Strike, sprites and all, and rebalance it at this point. Save their loss on this V mess.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah, tbh i don't care. i actually respect you cause when you post in this thread you actually convey thoughts and ideas and it is way more than this garbage thread deserves. game has been out for half a year now, i'm psure people know where they stand with it. i do not think everyone who hates this game is bad at it nor do i think their problems with it are invalid.

but also i stand by everything. lots of people in this thread are bad and blame the game for it. i think there are very very good fighting game players who do not perform as well in sfv because they have not made the necessary adjustments to the game. they and everyone are free to hate the game all they want, but there is a lot of overlap in that venn diagram.

ps i do not have respect for bebop and, again, would rather not interact with him in any way.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cams posted:

ps i do not have respect for bebop and, again, would rather not interact with him in any way.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

cams posted:

yeah, tbh i don't care. i actually respect you cause when you post in this thread you actually convey thoughts and ideas and it is way more than this garbage thread deserves. game has been out for half a year now, i'm psure people know where they stand with it. i do not think everyone who hates this game is bad at it nor do i think their problems with it are invalid.

but also i stand by everything. lots of people in this thread are bad and blame the game for it. i think there are very very good fighting game players who do not perform as well in sfv because they have not made the necessary adjustments to the game. they and everyone are free to hate the game all they want, but there is a lot of overlap in that venn diagram.

both you and bebo are babies imo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cams posted:

Do you think it's possible that good FG players don't get good at SFV simply because they don't like the game? Why would someone who thinks the game is bad even want to make the "necessary adjustments"?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i remember being good at fgs once. i wasted it on a game i didnt like. im definitely gonna repeat that mistake again.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't even know what the benchmark for "being good" or "being bad" is in this case. It can't be online rankings because online don't matter, right? Do you need to place locally before you unlock the Justified Complaining Gem? Can you truly grasp if a game is or isn't for you before that? On the other hand, does it work in reverse? Can you just like a game because you're better at it? Does that make your arguments about that game stronger than a player that is worse than you at that game but better at another one? What is the hierarchy in that case? Does it matter at all? (No.)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

anime was right posted:

both you and bebo are babies imo.
oh i am absolutely a petty child that holds grudges.

In Training posted:

Do you think it's possible that good FG players don't get good at SFV simply because they don't like the game? Why would someone who thinks the game is bad even want to make the "necessary adjustments"?
if you think the game is bad and you do not want to improve then i'd say not playing it is a good way to go. but this is the same old poo poo, people gonna say "well they want to play in tournaments and it's the most popular game" and blabla.

i have a very hard time understanding why people play and complain about a game they hate. complaining about a video game on the internet is not some noble cause. it is a video game, play it or don't.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

:qq: why is this thread so bad and toxic

quote:

you specifically are one of the people who i have seen post a lot about their problems winning in this game and my immediate thought is "oh, it sounds like this person is really loving bad."

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im gonna report everyone in this thread including myself.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
real talk bebo stop being a whiny rear end in a top hat and cams fight bebo or stop chestpounding about how only bad players hate the game if you don't even have the guts to fight someone you think sounds bad.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i hate you both so play ft10, no netcode crylord poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cams posted:

i have a very hard time understanding why people play and complain about a game they hate. complaining about a video game on the internet is not some noble cause. it is a video game, play it or don't.

I agree

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i think this thread is as good as ever and hope it stays in this top shape for years to come

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

anime was right posted:

real talk bebo stop being a whiny rear end in a top hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-YbClFcRA

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Someone money match me in guilty gear so I can say sfv is bad

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

cams posted:

[Citation Needed]

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is this the last feature update? Is the game finally complete?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pomp posted:

Someone who isn't bears

Edit: And is okay with me but being unable to pay if I lose

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Do you think Smash is a bad fighting game? ROFLMAO ur just mad cos u cant win at it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i think this thread is as good as ever and hope it stays in this top shape for years to come

Top quality thread for a top quality game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Do you think Smash is a bad fighting game? ROFLMAO ur just mad cos u cant win at it.

*steps out of the mist* well actually before you can really be successful.....

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Y'all are loving around about a character famous for his unblockables having no crossup right?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

He never had a crossup jumping normal, I don't get why people are surprised or really think it matters. I don't think having a crossup is that big a deal in this game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Did the patch go up yet? I need something to do while waiting for my controller to recharge from playing P5 and I figure loving with Urien for half an hour should be long enough to let it charge before I play some more.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

anime was right posted:

im gonna report everyone in this thread including myself.

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

Pomp posted:

Money match me mvc2 so I can say you're bad

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

He never had a crossup jumping normal, I don't get why people are surprised or really think it matters. I don't think having a crossup is that big a deal in this game.

Eh, I guess it depends on the rest of his tools, but you're not wrong that it might not make all that much of a difference if he's reset-heavy like Mika. But it's already one less tool he was, and not having a 3f normal in this game isn't too great either. I just like Urien and want him to be good so I can see more bulge on stream.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Motherfuckers, answer my question