Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Since console just got some new decks I've been trying gambler, grinder and ex pres. I use suit and ex pres does seem the best of those 3.

My main build is still rogue though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Payday 2: Housewarming Party, coming ???

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

Payday 2: Housewarming Party, coming ???

Probably October 7th, what with the week or so long free to play listing that appeared.

I am cautiously interested in the new safehouse.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Psion posted:

In my opinion, ex-president is the best deck for suit builds right now, but I'm not sure on that for a new player. It tends to reward you more the better you are, and for a new player that's pretty unfair. Not to say it couldn't work, because it could, because it is good. But it requires more active management than a passive EHP buff like Muscle.

For someone starting out, I'd suggest Muscle/ICTV. It's forgiving and there are a lot of valuable skills you pick up on the way to unlocking ICTV, so it's a good idea in lots of ways. It's also a very powerful combination even on Deathwish, so it's not like armor is the newbie option and dodge is the pro option - not at all.

How much dodge you get with a Ex-Pres suitdodge build? That's probably the best use for it - I use LBV dodge with Crook, as I've found the additional armor to be more useful overall.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Gort posted:

What's the best (or even "a good") build and perk deck for new players to work towards? Most of the stuff online assumes you have every mod available, are level 100, and have multiple levels of infamy, which isn't much help when advising folks who are level 50.
Try/criticise this level 50 build: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/eGHjKlmNPR:tR:gjl:pM4::l50:: It has ICTV, shield staggering, ammo, movement speed and something to help make up for the fact that unmodded guns mostly suck balls. The one downside is the whole "cops targeting you more often" thing from Muscle. Until you finish Muscle, that might be a little rough.

Shooting Blanks posted:

How much dodge you get with a Ex-Pres suitdodge build? That's probably the best use for it - I use LBV dodge with Crook, as I've found the additional armor to be more useful overall.
25% if you take Sneaky Bastard.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 21, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

maswastaken posted:

Try/criticise this level 50 build: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/eGHjKlmNPR:tR:gjl:pM4::l50:: It has ICTV, shield staggering, ammo, movement speed and something to help make up for the fact that unmodded guns mostly suck balls. The one downside is the whole "cops targeting you more often" thing from Muscle. Until you finish Muscle, that might be a little rough.

I would strongly suggest acing Resilence for the flashbang resistance in this. Particularly for newbies who don't know how to react when they can't see anything for 10+ seconds and are liable to stumble into death.

vv I run Hostage Taker on my shotgun Crook build - it works wonders for extending survival.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 21, 2016

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

maswastaken posted:

25% if you take Sneaky Bastard.

Jesus, that's it? Crook dodge w/ LBV gives me almost 40% on a shotgun build (unless the numbers are broken - again). But again, no health regen. Dunno.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Remember that hostage taker or a friend with gambler can act as a source of health regen too.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Ex-Prez seems really underwhelming in theory but it's by far the best dodge deck.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Muscle - ICTV remains the easy noob build. ICTV will keep you alive and muscle's passive health regen helps too. Plus punk police are afraid of you. If you're not sure what else to do, be Muscle and wear ICTV. There's more OPTIMAL options but for a vanilla starting player, it's the pro choice. If you have the skillpoints after getting Aced Iron Man, get Aced Inspire, similarly good across the board without having to think about minmaxing/etc.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Concordat posted:

Remember that hostage taker or a friend with gambler can act as a source of health regen too.
I love running gambler just because it incentivizes Never Stop Moving. I am considering dropping Shockproof from my Akimbo build because I spend so much time sprinting around that I very very rarely get caught by tasers anymore, and I am always full up on ammo and health, and I am helping my team with health and ammo too!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I always run Gambler or Maniac when I'm playing with new people. Don't forget about team boost mods, they all stack and all those +3% bonuses really add up when you're dirt poor.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I always just make sure I've got aced inspire. They'll learn eventually, I'll just make sure we don't fail while they're doing so. :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Cheeto posted:

I always run Gambler or Maniac when I'm playing with new people. Don't forget about team boost mods, they all stack and all those +3% bonuses really add up when you're dirt poor.
I have that mod on my Judges and China Lakes because there is nothing better to put on them (that I am aware of).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfisw_PQp_0

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
So console payday got another update. Dunno what it added but it gave us a ton of free stuff. Problem is it also locked away certain things and if any of your weapons already had that stuff attached you have to do a thing to re-unlock it. That thing is to join the official group on steam. For console stuff.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
You're on ps4 right? It fixed the error message and a few other things. Xbox had a similar update the other day. I did not encounter this "steam" bug on Xbox.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

So console payday got another update. Dunno what it added but it gave us a ton of free stuff. Problem is it also locked away certain things and if any of your weapons already had that stuff attached you have to do a thing to re-unlock it. That thing is to join the official group on steam. For console stuff.

They keep dropping the hints, man, open your eyes.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

swims posted:

You're on ps4 right? It fixed the error message and a few other things. Xbox had a similar update the other day. I did not encounter this "steam" bug on Xbox.

Jim DiGriz posted:

They keep dropping the hints, man, open your eyes.

I really really don't like pc gaming.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Fibby Boy posted:

Is it because of KB/M? Just about any controller out there works with PC.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Fibby Boy posted:

cmooon, it'll be like when we blops

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Is it because of KB/M? Just about any controller out there works with PC.

It's that, building a pc, worrying about specs, and just the whole thing in general. None of it is fun.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
CarShop.avi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7zlyV4mW4k

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Welp, this is officially a thing now:

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/housewarming/

Edit: also they just added a Chains safe.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lynx posted:

Welp, this is officially a thing now:

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/housewarming/

Edit: also they just added a Chains safe.

They just added the Best Safe, then. Sad that Overkill peaked this fast but what are you gonna do :v:

also you can get party hats for going on reddit or following some people on Twitter or something. I think.

e: gently caress yes I just got one, too - see @coyotemation
https://twitter.com/coyotemation/status/779002786230964224

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 22, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Oh no! My one weakness, social media campaigns!

It's Crimefest 2015 all over again!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

getting one of these like 8 minutes into the contest is great, let me tell you. My activity feed is the Overkill announcement and then my screenshots :v:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768022241
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768022155

now i'm gonna go for the double play of a chains safe. c'mon, RNG.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Patch notes!
Highlights include:
*Ban list fixes, including "Quickplay will [no] longer connect to banned players"
*Ilija will no longer shoot converted enemies
*Added textual warning to [weapon] mods that are incompatible with other mods 
*Trip mines will start in sensor mode while in stealth and will switch to explosive mode when the heist goes loud [don't know if placed mines will switch modes when alarms start ringing or if it simply refers to the default state when mines are placed]
*Fixed an issue with the Unseen Strike timer never running out

Unseen Strike maybe actually working is good news. I don't know how often I could keep it active but I'm going to throw together a lovely sniper build and see how it goes.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 22, 2016

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Goodness people are soo salty about the hat-masks. I don't know why I even expected anything else from the Steam Payday 2 community. I think the hat is excellent. (If only I can snag a code!)

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I do love that Damion and Eric really seem to be into the roles these days. You occasionally hear actors complaining about being involved in video game projects over the years and I've been embarrassed for them in a few cases. Like I bet that Ron couldn't really give a drat about the whole thing. In this case though, not only do they look like they're having fun with it, but you can tell that it's given them a career boost.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Aw, I didn't get a hat. Oh well, still got my 20$ masks :v:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Plan Z posted:

I do love that Damion and Eric really seem to be into the roles these days. You occasionally hear actors complaining about being involved in video game projects over the years and I've been embarrassed for them in a few cases. Like I bet that Ron couldn't really give a drat about the whole thing. In this case though, not only do they look like they're having fun with it, but you can tell that it's given them a career boost.

It's surprising for Eric but Damion is an absolute turbo-nerd, his Facebook fan page is like 90% D&D/Pathfinder chat/art and like 10% "Oh yeah I'm an actor thanks for being a fan"

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

TopHatGenius posted:

Goodness people are soo salty about the hat-masks. I don't know why I even expected anything else from the Steam Payday 2 community. I think the hat is excellent. (If only I can snag a code!)

Are these only available today or something? I would assume they'll be publishing these codes for multiple days, but maybe I'm wrong.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

TopHatGenius posted:

My guess is they'll give everyone the hat when the safehouse actually drops, this is just to get it early and lord it over everyone else. So of course there's gonna be salt :v:

Shooting Blanks posted:

Are these only available today or something? I would assume they'll be publishing these codes for multiple days, but maybe I'm wrong.

Multiple days. coyote's put out at least two batches, but I don't think any of the other listed distributors have done any.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 22, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I want a party hat. :(

27s was too slow from Eric Etebari's twitter.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 22, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

if only Almir was a playable heister :allears:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Psion posted:

if only Almir was a playable heister :allears:

Stick the beard on Dallas and you're good to go.

Of course Overkill adds an event mask when I'm just about to get to 100% mask collection...

edit: my fat pipe came through, code obtained. For details on one of the less-used code giveaways, go to this thread:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/350542683192261883/

DO NOT spam the mods, they're already getting inundated and they're going to start handing out bans about as fast as codes.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 22, 2016

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Dr Cheeto posted:

*Ilija will no longer shoot converted enemies

Don't worry brother, I've got you covered.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
I hate these code giveaways. Either I'm unable to claim the codes because I'm at work or I'm unwilling to sit at my PC refreshing the Payday 2 subreddit or Almir's Twitter on the off chance that I might snag one of the codes that pops up before every other sperglord jumps on top of it. I still want one of those loving hats, though, so anyone who gives me a working party hat code gets the Payday 2 DLC pack of their choice (except for COP, obviously). You don't even have to be the first. Any working party hat code is good for DLC. The end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Fixed an issue where the reloading animation was not canceled correctly when jumping

Thank God.