Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

Is he warmachine now? I havent gone to marvel movies in a while

He's been Warmachine since Iron Man 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

night slime
May 14, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

Is he warmachine now? I havent gone to marvel movies in a while

hes professor x

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Great Joe posted:

Well, there's several sound effects that sound identical to their Mario equivalents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-1_9-z9rbY

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

To be fair, Ice was prolly told by his company to come up with any dumb defense he can.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vanilla Ice looks like he's CG in that preview.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

EmmyOk posted:

Vanilla Ice looks like he's CG in that preview.

I was like "When did Max Headroom parody Vanilla ice?"

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Talkc posted:

I was like "When did Max Headroom parody Vanilla ice?"

his hair is really something else, maybe thats what the nx is, the soul of vanilla ice's 90s hair

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Boten Anna posted:

his hair is really something else, maybe thats what the nx is, the soul of vanilla ice's 90s hair

Preordered

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

well why not posted:

rumour has it there'll be a two pack-in titles based off of popular films 'minions' and 'hotel rwanda'.

Don Cheadle stars in Hotel Mario 2?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"I think, once again, the interface is very attractive. It's a machine that will be easy to use for all gamers. They have built in something that will give us chance to really have a different experience from what exists today. That's what I like -- that they come with something new that is adapted to what we actually want now."

"I think it's a really new approach, it's really Nintendo, coming with something new again. We love it."

"What we see is that Nintendo has learned from the Wii U. All publishers learn from what they do, and then come with something new and more attractive, which I think is the case here.""

--Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft CEO

He's probably just being supportive so Nintendo considers buying Ubisoft, though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want Nintendo to buy Ubisoft and make all the Assassin's Creed games Nintendo exclusives.

I'm pretty sure the internet would melt down. People complained when Bayonetta went Nintendo exclusive

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I think if Nintendo spent a bunch of money on Assassin's Creed games it would be the Nintendo fans who were complaining tbh

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Nintendo shouldnt do Assassin's Creed, they need to make good games

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

how soon gamers forget....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJcPc6OQ384

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
I don't know why but "come with" as an idiomatic expression is super annoying to me.

Anyway yeah whether he is trying to suck up or not, those statements are so vague that he may as well have said nothing.

May also be pre-hyping a cool new Rayman though.

RaymaNX: He's A Cat Now

(I'll never get tired of nx-based joke names)

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

arent the only good assassin's creed games "2" and "pirate" and then there are like 8 bad ones?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
victorian one is meant to be good too though i can't speak personally

but that's all moot because after nintendo buys ubisoft all new assassin's creed game will be good

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

zolthorg posted:

arent the only good assassin's creed games "2" and "pirate" and then there are like 8 bad ones?

1 was decent but was bogged down by repetitive level design
All of the ones in the 2 trilogy were good, though the formula started getting stale by the third one
The third one was marred heavily by a lead character made of cardboard, and a plot that has nothing interesting happen until 3/4s or more of the way in.
The fourth one (pirate) was... okay, but it felt like they wanted to make a full fledged pirate sim but had to make an AC game instead, so it was a bit gimped on its best aspect (the pirate sim)

I stopped paying attention after that. Unity had massive technical problems, and then I think the next one fixed those but was just more of the same?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zolthorg posted:

yes but there are 3 games in the 2 series, 2 in the pirate series, and the newest one is supposedly ok

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

zolthorg posted:

They're all poo poo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

imagine hitman but you're mario and you have to get a cake to peach without anyone seeing. i don't know

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Pirate's Creed was fun, but I get annoyed when I remember that one time I tried assassinating a target by unloading a round of cannon fire at him point blank and not even scratching him.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The ones with Ezio are the ones that are the better ones in the series for a few reasons

One, Ezio is a much more well developed character, probably because you play as him for four games in a row. Two, the games werent just strings of tailing missions with the occasional assassination, and three, you were allowed to kill civilians in them. Sure the game got buttmad if you did, but hell if it wasnt fun to run around and throw bombs at people, or shove them into a well! I guess in these new games you can..point a gun at someone and shoot em, but thats not as fun at all.

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 23, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't murder innocents

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

oddium posted:

i don't murder innocents

you're a true assassin

neeeeeeeeeeerd

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

"I think, once again, the interface is very attractive. It's a machine that will be easy to use for all gamers. They have built in something that will give us chance to really have a different experience from what exists today. That's what I like -- that they come with something new that is adapted to what we actually want now."

"I think it's a really new approach, it's really Nintendo, coming with something new again. We love it."

"What we see is that Nintendo has learned from the Wii U. All publishers learn from what they do, and then come with something new and more attractive, which I think is the case here.""

--Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft CEO

He's probably just being supportive so Nintendo considers buying Ubisoft, though.

Ubisoft said a lot of the same stuff about the Wii and then crapped out Red Steel.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

acksplode posted:

Ubisoft said a lot of the same stuff about the Wii and then crapped out Red Steel.

but the wii was good and raving rabbids was pretty fun

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
People complain about every game exclusive to Nintendo systems. Even the bad ones. You know a game is beyond bad when nobody is complaining that it's exclusive.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oddium posted:

imagine hitman but you're mario and you have to get a cake to peach without anyone seeing. i don't know

nah, put it in maruo party

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
"This is what we want" coming from Ubisoft CEO should be a red flag imo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's nintendos 127th birthday tomorrow. who knows what sort of surprises we have in store

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

a.lo posted:

nah, put it in maruo party

1 vs 3

the 1 ate a boo mushroom and can turn invisible, and uses the nx pad to navigate. the other 3 have poltergusts. the 1 has to last for a minute or whatever. also they can collect bonus coins

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

nabbit is getting a game this year, and an amiibo

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

bloodychill posted:

"This is what we want" coming from Ubisoft CEO should be a red flag imo

Word has it that the portable component of the NX will have special features if you climb high towers in the middle of cities.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

oddium posted:

nabbit is getting a game this year, and an amiibo

finally, the Hilda/Ravio game of my dreams, only on #NX

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jsor posted:

Word has it that the portable component of the NX will have special features if you climb high towers in the middle of cities.

i was already planning to be very high when i play my new nx so that's no problem

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Reiley posted:

finally, the Hilda/Ravio game of my dreams, only on #NX

sorry it's nabbit the cute little thief rabbit. but keep an ear to the ground for some hyrule warriors dlc news (make that two long ears)

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I think Ravio would rent Red Hare to you for a princely sum.... if you are felled in battle, then the legendary steed will run right back to its owner Guan Yu who is in a different game. This is for Hard Core players only, no softlings allowed.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
What's been said about Nintendo and VR? Anyone else think the company will stay away?

I could see many more augmented reality experiments but full, isolated immersion seems against their current philosophy of "we feel bad for contributing to bad gamer health."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
More like VR requiring high amount of GPU power to get acceptable resolution and framerates seems against their current philosophy of shipping underpowered hardware.

• Locked thread