Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://twitter.com/commando_tom/status/779100160945168384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Shitizens wanting to ban Derek Smart from posting in the subreddit named Derek Smart is really loving funny.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Marching Powder posted:

i really want to know where it is. the tipping point for this clown car. it's easy to think that cig is able to gently caress up with impunity, but we've had a 10k backer refund with a hilarious accompanying begging letter indicating that a) cracks are showing for the insanely invested and b) cig are more than a little desperate.

according to theagent, 3.0 after the prelude, so q3 / q4 2017 at the earliest, with expectations for the netcode refactor already pre-lowered saying the fully operational netcode refactor isn't due until 3.1 (or even later!) so star citizen will almost certainly be a completely broken tech demo into 2018. and even if they fix the netcode issue (for 16 players), they still have to design and implement the most ambitious game of all time in 2 years for 2020.

cool.

The tipping point may be Squadron 42.

I don't think anybody really wants it.

Nobody bought ships so they could play a corny FMV with Team Bondi type actors.

People want Star Citizen. People want their harems in their $2000 ships they ate ramen for 2 months for.

People will be on the aftermath of CoD:IW, possibly Mass Effect, or serious hype for Mass Effect.

Squadron 42 will dump out, with a mission or two maybe? Even if it's great, people don't want it. And they'll only hear how Squadron 42 is still being developed, and Star Citizen continues to limp along, and more ship sales.

CIGs focus on the wrong product to bear to the market may be their death march. Who knows!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The Titanic posted:

The tipping point may be Squadron 42.

Not after it wins ten Academy Awards including best picture and best director!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

D1E posted:

Best supporting Actress in a tickling role.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:laffo: at how proud they are of all the work they did to turn off head bob.

Big milestones, CIG.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D1E posted:

This is what motivates Chris Roberts. But is this what motivates his money?

Looking forward to that turning point has been my soap opera for years. :f5:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Viscous Soda posted:

There we go, new thread title.

Star Citizen: You've shown you can't handle open development.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/541y34/lod_thread_on_frontier_forums_permanently_locked/

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

lazorexplosion posted:

:laffo: at how proud they are of all the work they did to turn off head bob.

Big milestones, CIG.

"Instead of using different render spaces for first and third person models like literally every other game worth a drat in existence, we have created a complex and roundabout solution to a stupid design requirement put on us by a buffoon."

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • no 3.0 this year (duh), release date is now "after [a significant portion of] SQ42 is released"
  • ship sales will continue
  • there's yet another new studio involved (most likely contractors/outside dev pool) for planet artwork/maps
  • "The Squadron 42 [Prelude] has to hit its [Q1 2017] goal. No more excuses." unsure who, just listed as "top exec"
  • a lot of mocap issues with translating them directly into the game, mostly due to character and players size (?? not sure what this means)
  • "Expect a lot of cutscenes."
  • mocapped characters are fine stationary (sitting, standing, etc) but currently anything involving complex animation makes the models freak out, mostly clipping and clothes problems (still)
  • certain characters have several (reported up to six!) different models, as certain scenes had to use entirely different models for the same character due to model size, lod and poor mocap translation
  • specific reshoots using stand ins for A list actors are ongoing, mostly animation, actions and poses (still occurring as of q3 2016)
  • FPS AI still murders everything through walls, doors, whatever
  • certain departments continue to pump out work at an incredible rate while others snail behind, causing back up and necessary "refactoring" when certain elements do not work or had scope change
  • heads of department told to "turtle" and avoid outside influences (?? wtf)
  • they can't get the intricate damage model to work in SP/MP at all yet, ships continue to randomly jumble themselves to death

citcon
  • crunch time continues for all studios, many people are working seven days a week for the citcon showing
  • companion app with $ to ingame currency purchases, chat, etc (design phase only, citcon slide)
  • new A list cutscene, wrapped shooting july 2016 (majority of overtime is spent working on this)
  • touting multiple SQ42 endings on one citcon slide, also says it directly affects SC world/player character
  • FPS purchasable classes still a thing and one of the major things they are revealing
  • SQ42 prelude still listed as march 2017
  • ^ "no way we'll hit that deadline" ^
  • Roberts: 2.6 should be playable at Citcon
  • nothing playable at this time, live streams still using 2.5

Excuse you but i saw the gamescom demo, checkmate bitch leaker

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I'm somewhat curious as to how many additional sales Chris Roberts expects to get in the plan really is to release a prelude mission pack for $45 available only on his website.

I know the Citizens have been bandying around figures like two million.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

lol

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Why are all you nerds so upset about this dumb video game?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
that is not derek smart posting my friend. its a generic r/ds butthole.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Those leaks, what a fiasco. But most of them make sense if one doesn't drink the kool-aid.

Wonder how they'll spin the subscription as not P2W.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

they are super pissed about this haha

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

So angry that people outside of the SC and Reddit forums would not only raise a skeptical eyebrow at what CIG/RSI are doing, but also that mods on the FDev forums closed a thread they were actively trolling.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

D1E posted:

I kinda want Crobbers to rename the evil enemy race the Dereki.

The evil Erek-Smuul...

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Lmao getting that mad about a message board.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

At what point in time in the past say, 10 years... did the online forums for a game company start affecting if people purchased the game?

I used to frequent the forums for new games I was excited about, but I never let them influence if I was going to pay for a game or not.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so the first thing they do when a studio does something that they find distasteful is.......demand refunds? weird.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

so the first thing they do when a studio does something that they find distasteful is.......demand refunds? weird.

They also seem to be under the impression that Frontier operates the same as CIG, which is to say haven't released a full complete game yet, and are still taking 'pledges' which are easily refundable if you don't agree with the game developer people.

Which is funny still because from the shitizens mouths refunds should never be allowed... you signed up and knew the risks etc etc.

gently caress it someone Dancey Cat find one of the citizens posts about not allowing refunds and paste it verbatim

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
someone post this:

I know that you may not be happy with all of Frontiers decisions, but please keep in mind that refunds are against the spirit of crowdfunding. Once services are paid, it's not really fair to ask employees to give back their paychecks. Please consider the potential harm done to Elite Dangerous in refunding pledges that have already been applied to development.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

When Matilda2013's account was suspended in response to the above harassment, a previously dormant account, crazzyassbtich, became quite active.

Today, crazzyassbtich (who hasn't posted in almost a week) and Matilda2013 (who hasn't posted in six months) both resumed posting.

Must be a coincidence.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Come back to the thread, Karl. This is where you belong

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:psyduck:

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

The Titanic posted:

They should stick with "The PU". At least its original.

http://firefly.wikia.com/wiki/The_Verse

Persistently Unfinished..

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

That is an impressive level of self-awareness on display.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The true achievement of Star Citizen is its discovery of quantum cognitive dissonance.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Please. Please someone fess up to making that post. I can't wrap my head around this level of shitizenship.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:eyepop:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this reminds me of the time when GBS was shutdown and everyone got super pissed about it.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:911:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 23, 2016

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

Or a bunny or gerbil or loving lizard or whatever.

Don't buy a loving Sandi.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

• mocapped characters are fine stationary (sitting, standing, etc) but currently anything involving complex animation makes the models freak out

This is brilliant.
Motion captured characters are fine only when not in motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

Chrisopeter Molynbert

Petris Robyneux

• Locked thread