Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Bad Moon posted:

I want to join the FBI so Marc senpai will notice me :swoon:

I suppose there are worse reasons to join the FBI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I believe they also broke it somehow during their digging of the shittrench, or possibly when they failed in an attempt to construct earthworks.

Yeah, I believe the guy digging the poo poo trench's qualifications were 'one time I used a bobcat to pave my driveway'. They were trying to make defensive berms because they expected the FBI to charge the compound in Redcoat-style waves in broad daylight. IIRC they only managed to start and run the backhoe once or twice, because it turns out it takes a trained equipment operator responsible grownup to run such a piece of equipment in January.

These loving idiots are like the Keystone Kops of survivalists.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

red19fire posted:

Yeah, I believe the guy digging the poo poo trench's qualifications were 'one time I used a bobcat to pave my driveway'. They were trying to make defensive berms because they expected the FBI to charge the compound in Redcoat-style waves in broad daylight. IIRC they only managed to start and run the backhoe once or twice, because it turns out it takes a trained equipment operator responsible grownup to run such a piece of equipment in January.

These loving idiots are like the Keystone Kops of survivalists.

Yeah, I got a couple of retweets and likes at the time mocking their extensive defenses that were sure to confound the feds' bayonet charge.

Memories...

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4M70R1mJoU Blaine Cooper admits to having an affair

"Some of the blame is mine, but mostly its on that hussy that made me cheat. Also, I hope that this violation of an oath before God doesn't reflect badly on my fellow Oathkeepers"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Discendo Vox posted:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/778689948975112192

Apparently, at least for a single day's proceedings, particularly without further action being taken.

:siren:FBI negotiator Mark took the stand!!:siren:

Mark is Marc Maxwell!!!! :swoon:

(note this is just the first FBI result I got from the standoff- Marc is undoubtedly far more cool and handsome, but we will use this as a stand-in.)
https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/778745748158459905

Sploosh.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Discendo Vox posted:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/778689948975112192

Apparently, at least for a single day's proceedings, particularly without further action being taken.

(note this is just the first FBI result I got from the standoff- Marc is undoubtedly far more cool and handsome, but we will use this as a stand-in.)

So why do the "patriots" throw all blame on him when he was not only not involved, but probably the main reason the remaining four idiots came out alive? Is it just because he's the only name they have?

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Geostomp posted:

So why do the "patriots" throw all blame on him when he was not only not involved, but probably the main reason the remaining four idiots came out alive? Is it just because he's the only name they have?

critical thinking skills and rational beliefs are a liberal government plot

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Geostomp posted:

Who can really get in the mind of someone who believes they're part of the master race yet shits in a ditch because they broke all the toilets? Better answer is 'because they're dangerous and mentally deficient.'

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Geostomp posted:

Because Obama did 9/11 and Katrina.

These people are not mental giants.

Edit for reference:

RareAcumen posted:

Lol, god drat.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e9z0e...ald-trump-rally

Christ, I can't believe these people are driving.

Alkydere has issued a correction as of 14:46 on Sep 22, 2016

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Geostomp posted:

Think you have your Marks crossed. They're calling Mark McConnell a traitor (he was the Driver of Ammon's car). Maxwell is the Negotiator.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I spent approximately 15 seconds looking for a picture of Marc Maxwell. I was not successful, but did find this:

which led me to this:
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/11/the-nevada-tortoise-war-is-a-right-wing-false-f/198860

quote:

The desert tortoise has become a symbolic scapegoat for right-wing media figures running defense for an anti-government cattle rancher who's threatening to wage a range war against federal law enforcement officers.
Interesting...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Considering how subsidized and rapidly niche the cattle/beef market is becoming (esp the free range cattle these ranchers raise), I'm super content in supporting a tortoise over them.

Like, it would cost me money to murder all the tortoises, then it would cost me money to pay these yahoos to raise their cattle, then they bring it to market at $15/lb for the cheapest cuts? Lol no thanx

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Ok, so they hate tortoises, but what is their opinion on cartoon frogs?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

My eyes glazed over and saw actually it's about ethics in land distribution. I wasn't wrong, was I?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I guess it would be unethical for Marc to heckle them through the trial. :(

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Yup, another 5 year old kid's reaction, blame anyone but the thing they like. All Finicum had to do was give up, instead he decided to go all Quick Draw McGraw. No one was responsible for Finicum's death but himself for being a crazy retard

Alkydere posted:

Because Obama did 9/11 and Katrina.

Edit for reference:

I swear to god, it was 15 loving years ago and people already are changing history that much? I...I think my brain broke. I'm used to taking on stupidity....but that's just....GRAH! :jiggled:

WrenP-Complete posted:

I spent approximately 15 seconds looking for a picture of Marc Maxwell. I was not successful, but did find this:

which led me to this:
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/11/the-nevada-tortoise-war-is-a-right-wing-false-f/198860

Interesting...

There's a nice curve there. hopefully someone cruises by with a baseball bat out the window

SocketWrench has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Sep 22, 2016

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

SocketWrench posted:

Yup, another 5 year old kid's reaction, blame anyone but the thing they like. All Finicum had to do was give up, instead he decided to go all Quick Draw McGraw. No one was responsible for Finicum's death but himself for being a crazy retard
Finicum was a dead man from the moment they got pulled over. The only question was how long it was gonna take and who else he was gonna take with him. He wanted to die a martyr, and with the weapons he carried on him, he always had the means to make it happen. I'm just glad he didn't shoot anyone or get anyone killed in the crossfire.

He wasn't crazy, at least not in the sense that you mean. He had a plan, a stupid, stupid plan, and he acted to implement it. He wanted to be the spark that lit the fuse, but the cops were pretty determined to not kill him, and they only did so when he literally forced their hand.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Discendo Vox posted:

You could cut steel on that chin.

Good to have a face to him, he really was the best thing about the last week of the occupation.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DeathSandwich posted:

You could cut steel on that chin.

Good to have a face to him, he really was the best thing about the last week of the occupation.

Marc is undoubtedly far more cool and handsome. :colbert:

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
I know from watching quantico that all fbi agents are dreamy

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
when Marc would taunt them with offers of food

just lol

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Hallelujah!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

StandardVC10 posted:

I suppose there are worse reasons to join the FBI.

And much worse ways to get Agent Mark's attention.

QuasarIntheMist
Sep 4, 2011

I'm sure this has been mentioned in the thread before, but are observers being permitted in the courtroom? I work two blocks away and could use some entertainment.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

yeah, but it's been filling up. Get in line before 8 if you want in, they're not letting anyone in throughout the day

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ansel autisms posted:

yeah, but it's been filling up. Get in line before 8 if you want in, they're not letting anyone in throughout the day

Any info as to whether it's mostly pro Bundy or anti Bundy?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/779074749519441920

https://twitter.com/conradjwilson/status/779092651148587008

Are you ready for Ryan Bundy asking questions to Ryan Bundy?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Well, he does contend that he, the flesh and blood man, is not him, the person, right? So the one should logically be able to ask the other questions.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

I imagine it'll go almost exactly like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5_kqijQHv4

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012
Those diaphragm exercises to prevent death by laughter are gonna pay off in spades!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The defence portion of this trial will be a total shitshow.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The fact that I can't pay $200 to live stream this poo poo is the biggest failure of the modern internet.

God drat am I going to be just glued to this thread tomorrow.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jumpingmanjim posted:

The defence portion of this trial will be a total shitshow.

More like the highlight of the entire case.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

SocketWrench posted:

Any info as to whether it's mostly pro Bundy or anti Bundy?

I'm guessing mostly attorneys, reporters, and pro-Bundy. The protests outside the courthouse have apparently died down as uninterested parties have stopped coming to court, so the supporters are filing in.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ansel autisms posted:

I'm guessing mostly attorneys, reporters, and pro-Bundy. The protests outside the courthouse have apparently died down as uninterested parties have stopped coming to court, so the supporters are filing in.

Yeah, I'd imagine most of the anti-bundy people have jobs.
Probably some BLM people, reporters, and a few bored/interested lawyers, but that's it except for pro-bundy people.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

nm posted:

Yeah, I'd imagine most of the anti-bundy people have jobs.
Probably some BLM people, reporters, and a few bored/interested lawyers, but that's it except for pro-bundy people.

I keep forgetting that "BLM" in this context doesn't mean "Black Lives Matter" and was about to jump down your throat for implying that BLM protestors don't have jobs :v:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I like how Canada has started handling sovcits in court.

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onca/doc/2016/2016onca677/2016onca677.html

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is definitely worth the time, do yourself a favor and read the whole thing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mr. Nice! posted:

:wrong:

That's a good judge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

At the end of the road was a mess hall outfitted with an upside-down American flag. Nearly a dozen militants were out back chatting, gathered around a small wood fire. A few feet away others dug through a box of mail, throwing items, mainly sex toys, into an oil drum fire. One held up a large white cardboard cutout of a cock and balls, saying of the flag and eagle drawing on it, “At least it’s patriotic,” before feeding it to the flames. Another militiaman walked by with a black butt plug adorned with googly eyes, saying, “I didn’t even know what this was before someone told me,” as he sacrificed it. We were handed a fake plastic turd as a memento.

The mood started to curdle. “Mama Bear,” one of at least a half-dozen women present, repeatedly warned she didn’t want any reporting “to put us in danger.” She specifically asked us not to mention the barrel of flaming dildos. It is unclear how knowledge of that would put them at risk for anything more than internet ridicule.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/spend-a-day-with-the-oregon-militants-who-are-willing-to-die-for-their-peaceful-armed-revolt/

Also here's a side of Ryan Bundy you probably haven't seen before: