Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Pentaro posted:

For the same reason Magnezone doesn't.

Also, Shmorky predicted Alolan Meowth:

Wowsers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

is Gengar still made of gas?

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Calaveron posted:

When are we getting more pokeinformation

October 4th

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheetah7071 posted:

why does gengar have levitate when every one of its sprites in all generations show its feet firmly planted on the ground

its a spooky
:ghost:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

McDragon posted:

Nope, he's made of friends. And your shadow.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
OK. I've started replaying Platinum and I decided to try a Lopunny. I've never had a problem with a happiness evolution before, but this buneary has never fainted and has been carrying a soothe bell for 32000+ steps at lvl 11 (because I want it to learn Return). When I check the happiness poketch app, it won't give me even one tiny heart...but as far as I can tell I should have been at 255 happiness by now, even with buneary's 0 base happiness.

Is there something extremely fundamental I'm missing?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Rudoku posted:

Nope, he's made of friends. And your shadow.

If I beat him I get my own Pokesona?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
You know what would be a good minor feature? Remember how you HAD to put Rayquaza or the XY cover legend in your party, and send something to the PC? They should let you choose to send a current party member to the PC and let you keep the newly caught guy with you instead.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

qnqnx posted:

As a matter of fact, eviolite has been removed in S/M.

Citation needed.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

McDragon posted:

oh my arceus, you can't just ask someone if they're made of gas

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Beachcomber posted:

OK. I've started replaying Platinum and I decided to try a Lopunny. I've never had a problem with a happiness evolution before, but this buneary has never fainted and has been carrying a soothe bell for 32000+ steps at lvl 11 (because I want it to learn Return). When I check the happiness poketch app, it won't give me even one tiny heart...but as far as I can tell I should have been at 255 happiness by now, even with buneary's 0 base happiness.

Did you level him up? I think its 255 happiness + level up.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Reinanigans posted:

You know what would be a good minor feature? Remember how you HAD to put Rayquaza or the XY cover legend in your party, and send something to the PC? They should let you choose to send a current party member to the PC and let you keep the newly caught guy with you instead.

I can only imagine the reason they don't let us do that or just have on-the-go Box access is because they want to keep the whole feel of long areas being endurance tests. That and it'd basically be the same as instant full party heals. It's still annoying that you can't check on something you've caught until you backtrack to a Pokemon Center.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
http://i.imgur.com/mDzHZlX.mp4

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
It'd be nice if you had like a PC watch you can organize and check the PC with, but not deposit/withdraw. Then again that would be too simple and useful to implement never mind I'm wishing for the moon again.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I hate Pokemondays

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Space T Rex posted:

It'd be nice if you had like a PC watch you can organize and check the PC with, but not deposit/withdraw. Then again that would be too simple and useful to implement never mind I'm wishing for the moon again.

I'm hoping for the sun myself.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Why would you have "Bank" in your name if you weren't gonna hold on to my money for me??

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Beachcomber posted:

Soothe Bell gives a 1.5x multiplier to happiness, which is rounded down. So your Buneary is still only getting 1 happiness point per 256 steps. It's at 125 happiness, not 255. Oh, and you only have to get it to 220 to get it to evolve.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just actually looked at Gardevoir's arms/hands for the first time. What the gently caress is going on there

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
You guys weren't kidding when you said the level curve in HGSS was really awful. I don't think I've ever died this many times in a Pokemon game.

I may have played the original Game Boy Color games as a kid, but nostalgia be hosed, the original 8-bit versions of Gen 1 and 2 are almost unplayable now and I think X\Y and OR\AS are the best games in the whole series. Yes, I just said a game set in Hoenn, that region with all the water, is the best game in the series. And I never even played RSE on the GBA so it's not rose colored glasses talking here, either.

I also enjoyed Gen 5, too.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Calaveron posted:

In Origins how was cubone wearing his mommy's skull before she even died

And how were Team Rocket able to kill Marowak, a ground type, with an electric stun baton? Also, when Team Rocket plays Cubone's mother's ribcage like a xylophone, they strike the same rib twice in succession, yet produce two distinct notes.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

You guys weren't kidding when you said the level curve in HGSS was really awful. I don't think I've ever died this many times in a Pokemon game.

If you spread your team out across the region then it's not toooooo bad, but yeah, Gym 4-8 is one of the worst parts of the game with barely any new Pokemon to find, loads of weak trainers to fight and a struggle to reach level 40 before the Elite Four.

Anyway, Arena Trap and Dugtrio are being suspected by Smogon.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

I may have played the original Game Boy Color games as a kid, but nostalgia be hosed, the original 8-bit versions of Gen 1 and 2 are almost unplayable now and I think X\Y and OR\AS are the best games in the whole series. Yes, I just said a game set in Hoenn, that region with all the water, is the best game in the series. And I never even played RSE on the GBA so it's not rose colored glasses talking here, either.

I also enjoyed Gen 5, too.

Amen man. Gen 1 is borderline unplayably impossible to go back to after ORAS and XY, it has not aged well. That said, i''m glad I slogged through Yellow on the VC since transferring to S&M might be cool

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Geostomp posted:

I can only imagine the reason they don't let us do that or just have on-the-go Box access is because they want to keep the whole feel of long areas being endurance tests. That and it'd basically be the same as instant full party heals. It's still annoying that you can't check on something you've caught until you backtrack to a Pokemon Center.

On-the go box access would not be great. But when you capture a pokemon deciding on whether to box it or replace a mon probably wouldn't be terribly broken. Capturing a pokemon at full health is extremely rare. If anything it would make heal balls far more useful.

Maybe make heal balls slightly more expensive to prevent full on abuse?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

OneDeadman posted:

On-the go box access would not be great.

actually it would be extremely great

OneDeadman posted:

wouldn't be terribly broken

OneDeadman posted:

make heal balls far more useful

OneDeadman posted:

prevent full on abuse

😴😴😴

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Crosspeice posted:

If you spread your team out across the region then it's not toooooo bad, but yeah, Gym 4-8 is one of the worst parts of the game with barely any new Pokemon to find, loads of weak trainers to fight and a struggle to reach level 40 before the Elite Four.

Anyway, Arena Trap and Dugtrio are being suspected by Smogon.

This reads like a parody of smogon. In fact wasn't there a joke about dugtrio bans in a hypothetical alternate version of smogon?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't know what the situation is but if they're trying to prevent stall i say go for it

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I just actually looked at Gardevoir's arms/hands for the first time. What the gently caress is going on there

Gardevoir is a jellyfish. What look like arms, legs, and a dress are actually tentacles.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Waffles Inc. posted:

Amen man. Gen 1 is borderline unplayably impossible to go back to after ORAS and XY, it has not aged well. That said, i''m glad I slogged through Yellow on the VC since transferring to S&M might be cool

loving seriously, dude. The only reason why we tolerated RBY and GSC is because they were all we had and we didn't know any better.

Like, I downloaded Yellow on the 3DS VC and gently caress, dude. Trying to beat Brock when you started with a Pikachu? Not fun, dude. Especially considering that you pretty much have to grind with a Nidoran for 10 levels to get a fighting move to use against him. A part of me briefly considered ponying up another $10 just to get Red or Blue so I can pick Bulbasaur or Squirtle to start with, but then I remembered that I have Leaf Green and I should just dig out my old GBA and play that instead.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Dr. Fetus posted:

Soothe Bell gives a 1.5x multiplier to happiness, which is rounded down. So your Buneary is still only getting 1 happiness point per 256 steps. It's at 125 happiness, not 255. Oh, and you only have to get it to 220 to get it to evolve.

This was it. Thank you for fixing my sanity. :)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

cheetah7071 posted:

I guess if you have good enough telekinesis you don't need hands anymore?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

Gardevoir is a jellyfish. What look like arms, legs, and a dress are actually tentacles.

This makes me like it even more

Hadooooken
Sep 6, 2004

I'm missing only 7 legendary event-only Pokemon for a complete (up until Sun/Moon) Living Pokedex.
Keldeo is next month, and then Meloetta. Hopefully Arceus, Volcanion and Genesect will get mystery gifted at some point past the release of Sun/Moon.

I don't know what to do now, I guess I'll try breeding some shinies or something.

Good thing I have all these foreign wurmples from wondertrades!

Hadooooken fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 23, 2016

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Are you kidding me. The list of pokemon who OHKO Dugtrio in OU is almost certainly longer that the list of those who don't.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Hadooooken posted:

I'm missing only 7 legendary event-only Pokemon for a complete (up until Sun/Moon) Living Pokedex.
Keldeo is next month, and then Meloetta. Hopefully Arceus, Volcanion and Genesect will get mystery gifted at some point past the release of Sun/Moon.

I don't know what to do now, I guess I'll try breeding some shinies or something.

Good thing I have all these foreign wurmples from wondertrades!

Genesect is coming in between Keldeo and Meloetta if you can get yourself to a gamestop.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

dude789 posted:

Are you kidding me. The list of pokemon who OHKO Dugtrio in OU is almost certainly longer that the list of those who don't.

They always get like this near the end of a generation. I remember the crazy ban spree at the tail end of Gen IV where you eventually had a rash of bans/tests right at the end because they basically ran out of legit stuff to test.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Hadooooken posted:

I don't know what to do now

Give them to me. Also gently caress all y'all I got a REAL FRIEND giving me a dusk stone!!

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
If I'm reading that thread correctly the argument is that he locks in core stall-break pokemon who can't function if they slot roar and are so hyper-specialized that they also can't slot a move to OHKO Dugtrio?

And the problem is thus Dugtrio instead of how the current stallbreak teams are built!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Gardevoir really looks like she should be Grass\Psychic-type but isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

lezard_valeth posted:

I feel sorry for you guys and your bad taste on who is the best unevolved Pokemon when clearly:

Totodile not being able to learn all the dance moves and being part of Tierno's team is one of the greatest failures of Gen 6 :colbert:

I know this is Meowth's tail but it looks like Totodile is smoking cigs and that's great, IMO