Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WickedHate posted:

Sure, he could cure cancer, but when Superman gets mind controlled and needs to be punched, the world would be poo poo out of luck.

Just put the cancer-curing machine on reverse and shoot it at him. Can't do much damage on chemo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That was the plot of All-Star Superman.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The good news is you're free of cancer!
Yaaay!
The bad news is you're infested with microscopic Supermen.
Awww.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Can't do much damage on chemo.

Tell that to Bludhaven.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

SynthOrange posted:

The good news is you're free of cancer!
Yaaay!
The bad news is you're infested with microscopic Supermen.
Awww.

Can I shoot them out of my fingertips?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Uthor posted:

Can I shoot them out of my fingertips?

Someones just been diagnosed with a case of colloidal silver age.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WickedHate posted:

observing mortals to see if their worthy of blessing

Spoiler alert: We're not.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Wow, I tried to give Powers a shot since "The Wire but with Superheroes" sounds incredible... but holy poo poo that show is crap. I couldn't last ten minutes, what the hell?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Bravo posted:

Wow, I tried to give Powers a shot since "The Wire but with Superheroes" sounds incredible... but holy poo poo that show is crap. I couldn't last ten minutes, what the hell?

I've never seen the show. It was a comic book first. Try that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I only just started watching the show, and it's OK, and Eddie Izzard and Michelle Forbes are great in it, but I'm utterly baffled that they decided to open the series with the inciting incident from the second arc, AND make Callista the girl Olympia was loving when he died. (Also they didn't use my favourite bit of Bendis dialogue from that story, with Walker talking about how he appreciated groupies when he was a superhero, because those girls are 'patriotic' and Deena snorts and asks if that means he hosed 'em on a flag)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Kris Straub made something new. :v:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Tell that to Bludhaven.

Oop

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I give Frank a pass on using begs the question wrong because he's a jarhead

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sandman is sitting right there so I assume the answer is "gets smothered to death under an endless tide of bulletproof sand."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think that's Bullseye on the left so it's kind of amazing he got to finish that line at all.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Look here, fuckers. It was almost a month with no panels. I am very disappointed in all of you.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Given the panel you posted I could have gone another month

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I love those panels but could've done without cuz they led to me being really disappointed with the actual last days arc

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mind the walrus posted:

Given the panel you posted I could have gone another month

Oh, so you think you can do better?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Sandman is sitting right there so I assume the answer is "gets smothered to death under an endless tide of bulletproof sand."

Super heated explosive bullets that turn him to glass.

Lurdiak posted:

I think that's Bullseye on the left so it's kind of amazing he got to finish that line at all.

The Frank we see is just a holographic distraction.

I love 616 Punisher. :allears:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Toshimo posted:

No. But I will judge you harshly for trying. It was too good a set-up to not make a joke

WickedHate posted:

Super heated explosive bullets that turn him to glass.

Has Spidey ever contracted Johnny or Firestar to help out when Marko rears his head?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

WickedHate posted:

The Frank we see is just a holographic distraction.

I love 616 Punisher. :allears:

616 is weaksauce.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Toshimo posted:

616 is weaksauce.

I don't know what you're talking about, 2099 is the canon future of the main canon and I'll hear absolutely nothing to the contrary.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Aunt May could kick the Punisher's loving rear end.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

WickedHate posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, 2099 is the cannon future of the main canon and I'll hear absolutely nothing to the contrary.

FTFY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

The universe is ending in like two minutes so whatever.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Then Frank, in his own book at the time, walks out of the bar, completely intact, and decides for a lark to spend his last day on Earth shooting terrorists.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Vision #11. Things get worse.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wanderer posted:

Then Frank, in his own book at the time, walks out of the bar, completely intact, and decides for a lark to spend his last day on Earth shooting terrorists.

Yeah, but that was a bunch of neocon bullshit, I prefer him going down in a blaze of glory.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, but that was a bunch of neocon bullshit

The Punisher

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, but that was a bunch of neocon bullshit, I prefer him going down in a blaze of glory.

Trump/Castle 2016?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Toadstrieb posted:

Trump/Castle 2016?

I feel like a guy with documented business relationships with Fat Tony Salermo is probably not gonna get on well with Frank

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

fatherdog posted:

I feel like a guy with documented business relationships with Fat Tony Salermo is probably not gonna get on well with Frank

Perfect answer!

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I know it's just for story purposes and they do this same thing with whatever hero needs to be "OUT OF CONTROL AND WON'T BE STOPPED" in a given situation, but I don't get how Vision took down all those dudes.

Iron Man? Got sucker punched, but okay. Beast? Basically blue Worf, so sure. Anyone else with physical-attribute based powers, fine. Dr. Strange might as well be a training dummy with a cape on it as often as he gets jobbed. But Blue Marvel, Thor, Nova, and Monica Rambeau? The first two alone have Sentry-level powersets. If Medusa is there, I presume someone can call Black Bolt. I just don't see it, but then again I've always thought Vision was a lame character so maybe it's just my personal bias.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 24, 2016

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

But Blue Marvel, Thor, Nova, and Monica Rambeau? If Medusa is there, I presume someone can call Black Bolt. I just don't see it, but then again I've always thought Vision was a lame character so maybe it's just my personal bias.

What can any of those people do to someone who can go intangible at will?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Nothing, apparently. If he ever teams up with Kitty Pride they'd probably kill the entire MCU.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I know it's just for story purposes and they do this same thing with whatever hero needs to be "OUT OF CONTROL AND WON'T BE STOPPED" in a given situation, but I don't get how Vision took down all those dudes.

Iron Man? Got sucker punched, but okay. Beast? Basically blue Worf, so sure. Anyone else with physical-attribute based powers, fine. Dr. Strange might as well be a training dummy with a cape on it as often as he gets jobbed. But Blue Marvel, Thor, Nova, and Monica Rambeau? The first two alone have Sentry-level powersets. If Medusa is there, I presume someone can call Black Bolt. I just don't see it, but then again I've always thought Vision was a lame character so maybe it's just my personal bias.
I said the same thing in the "Touching/inspiring panels" thread and was told "nuh-uh he took down Hyperion once."

Nothing, apparently. If he ever teams up with Kitty Pride they'd probably kill the entire MCU.

If Whedon's X-Men run is anything to go on you get them phase through a gigantic block of something then hurl it through space. Do phased entities survive in a vacuum?

E--\/ \/ \/ \/ Mixing comics and movies. Vision was originally just an ultra-droid built by Ultron using Wonder Man's brain-waves as a base for his personality/sentience. Marvel might have retconned it to be more like the movies in the last few years, but afaik they haven't.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Isn't Vision powered by an Infinity Stone or am I mixing up the comics with the movies
I'd be pretty afraid of a robot powered by an Infinity Stone. And I'll stay here what I said in the other thread: :cripes: at Tony thinking Vision was going to just let him waltz up and slap a containment field on him, after all the poo poo that happened.