Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I Said No posted:

I've been of the opinion for a while that while getting your very own helldump thread is one of the worse things that could happen to you on these forums, actually posting in it is one of the stupidest things you can do.

I got helldumped over a mildly stupid thing I posted about in BSS and it ended up massively backfiring on the guy who posted about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I got helldumped over a mildly stupid thing I posted about in BSS and it ended up massively backfiring on the guy who posted about it.

Helldump reversal of fortunes were always really good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DiggityDoink posted:

I was lucky!

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Rhyno posted:

Huh, I don't remember any helldump threads backfiring.
How'd that go?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I Said No posted:

Huh, I don't remember any helldump threads backfiring.
How'd that go?

It was in the early days of HD so I don't remember the details but essentially someone started posting poo poo he himself had posted in other forums and that was that.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
It's why Helldump sadly died. You had some utterly golden roasts where people's bragging over lack of emotions or why having more transformers than their own kid son is morally just. But then it just descended into "I hate what this goon posted and none of my reports are going noticed" so they attempt to start crap.

Goons.jpg with Crumbnist being some insane god of unearthing horrid photos of goons was glorious. If the images were still up I'm sure they'd make for some glorious before/after photos in the PYF Self thread.

Helldump success stories. and even more. (Needs archives, if it looks blank set it to 2008.

Somewhere there was an insanely deranged thread where a goon admitted to revealing he was really a space dragon in his past life and took the thread on an honest AMA on his inner draggy thoughts. It was equal parts facinating and tragic.

BogDew has a new favorite as of 08:00 on Sep 22, 2016

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Geirskogul posted:

I liked GBS when you had to post with proper grammar, and they had informative current-news threads.

I really don't understand or like the current (or, recent) meme-war trumpism factory. I'm glad it's dead.
now that this thread is in PYF please don't ironically post terrible opinions

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Unironically.

:psyduck:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I Said No posted:

they told him for whatever reason to draw his skullsona(?) sucking off Tingle from Zelda and he actually did it

the greatest sagas of SA forums

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I remember hearing about some LF guy who claimed to be a homeless trans muslim who needed pants for a job interview. LF raised like a thousand dollars and he spent it all on a single pair of garish designer pants, also he wasnt homeless, trans or a muslim. Does anyone have a link to that thread

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Geirskogul posted:

I liked GBS when you had to post with proper grammar, and they had informative current-news threads.

I really don't understand or like the current (or, recent) meme-war trumpism factory. I'm glad it's dead.

Init bruv!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

gentle pete posted:

I remember hearing about some LF guy who claimed to be a homeless trans muslim who needed pants for a job interview. LF raised like a thousand dollars and he spent it all on a single pair of garish designer pants, also he wasnt homeless, trans or a muslim. Does anyone have a link to that thread

Here's the actual LF pants thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3143423

Here's a summary of the events later on:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3228273&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

gentle pete posted:

It was "Brother Aziz", and if you search this thread one of the previous mentions of him might have a link. I read the thread as it went on, or shortly after. I recall it as him saying he a gay man with a boyfriend, and he lived in like a cheap house in a bad neighborhood with lots of housemates, and the other people there gave him a break on rent because he would give them computer help and run ethernet cables to all the rooms. I think he and the boyfriend were recovering alcoholics or had some other life issue that they were helping each other with. I don't recall him saying he was trans, and if there was mention of homelessness it wasn't his current situation.

It was really bizarre to read. I don't remember if he even asked for money, it might have been one of those things where goons started spontaneously saying HEY I'LL SEND YOU MONEY and then boom the guy's paypal or whatever has over four figures roll in.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

You know, with a lot of poo poo like this happening over the years with goons giving money to idiots, assholes and all kinds of horrible things you'd think this kind of thing wouldn't happen anymore. But here I am, waiting for the next doobie style saga to happen when someone just pops in to say "lets give money to this thing now" and all voices of reason are silenced

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:eng101: grand and hilarious things result from goons with more money than sense. You really want em to become scientologists or something?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

SneakyFrog posted:

:eng101: grand and hilarious things result from goons with more money than sense. You really want em to become scientologists or something?

People like to be a part of something bigger than themselves , I think that's what spurs the behavior. I'd like to think they're just generous but i think it runs deeper than that.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Goons are predisposed to that kind of poo poo because our dumb asses paid money to be here in the first place.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
I remember the stories Bruiser told about driving a street cleaner truck back in the era of fictional but quasi-believable and epic stories on SA. Along with the Jed/poo poo Lasagna saga, Angry Bees Dance talking about being a hotel security guy, the guy who worked at a lovely David-Lynch-esque motel in Alabama, and others; it was one of my favorite stories in my early SA days.

Then, my girlfriend tells me that Bruiser wandered into the Lady Thread she follows and spent several weeks weaving a yarn about being a lesbian helicopter pilot, until he was finally called out. I haven't check out the thread, but that sounds pretty messed up.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I fondly remember gentle giant ZerglingMinor. He was 7 foot something, 300-400 lbs and worked as a desk clerk at a hotel. Some guy called in and was rather rude and demanding. ZM stood his ground and calmly stated hotel policy. Customer decided to pick a fight over the phone and said he was going to come in and kick ZM's rear end. Guy ended up walking in, saw exactly what he was dealing with, and was unfailingly polite to ZM. GBS ate it up, especially because ZM seemed like a really chill dude. Sadly he died a few years later I believe.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Mr. 47 posted:

I remember the stories Bruiser told about driving a street cleaner truck back in the era of fictional but quasi-believable and epic stories on SA. Along with the Jed/poo poo Lasagna saga, Angry Bees Dance talking about being a hotel security guy, the guy who worked at a lovely David-Lynch-esque motel in Alabama, and others; it was one of my favorite stories in my early SA days.

Then, my girlfriend tells me that Bruiser wandered into the Lady Thread she follows and spent several weeks weaving a yarn about being a lesbian helicopter pilot, until he was finally called out. I haven't check out the thread, but that sounds pretty messed up.

Bruiser eventually got called out for straight up copying a scene from Independence Day for one of his stories, and he tried to backpedal with something about a creative writing class.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

WebDog posted:

It's why Helldump sadly died.

Somewhere there was an insanely deranged thread where a goon admitted to revealing he was really a space dragon in his past life and took the thread on an honest AMA on his inner draggy thoughts. It was equal parts facinating and tragic.

I thought it died more because it turned into a small clique of the same posters running everyone else out and hogging all the callouts to themselves?

Also I think the guy you're talking about had something to do with Yoshi? Djynn Flyssa IIRC.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

bradzilla has a new favorite as of 13:25 on Feb 4, 2019

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

DiggityDoink posted:

Terensque posted:

Hey look! A riddle thread!

Boy I sure hope no one mentions that stupid eye color... poo poo.

Every time there's a riddle/logic problem thread in GBS someone mentions that stupid brown eyes/blue eyes problem and we get pages of people posting about how they don't understand, people explaining, and then MORE people refusing to read the thread and asking the same drat questions over again.

Can't this thing be put up there with .9999=1 and planes on a treadmill?

The problem, for those of you fortunate enough not to know:

http://xkcd.com/blue_eyes.html

Crumbunist, literally the exact same minute posted:

This is Terensque.

So loving great.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What thread was it where the poster gradually revealed that they, a lazy POS, who loved eating raw meat / sleeping in a cave / were actually, literally a bear?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

I Said No posted:

Wasn't most of it rape jokes or child abuse jokes? Guy was always a bag of poo poo from day one dude.
Which has reminded me he got helldumped at one point, and they told him for whatever reason to draw his skullsona(?) sucking off Tingle from Zelda and he actually did it. Now I wish I didn't remember that. :gonk:

I've been of the opinion for a while that while getting your very own helldump thread is one of the worse things that could happen to you on these forums, actually posting in it is one of the stupidest things you can do.

Now that you mention it I can't even remember the context of them, all I can remember is that they were pretty popular. I found his website and I think I may be misremembering a few things after a quick browse.

I definitely remember the Lego Robot MSPaint posts which I thought were funny at first but then he quickly descended into being an infantile dick.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

BroJo will always be the best PYF thing to me, tho GunChica was a close second.

https://twitter.com/bro_pair/status/289862300431679488

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
This thread kinda reminded me of something sensitive, I remember browsing it a few years ago and saw a lot of "I did something I shouldn't have and this shouldn't have gotten this response" complaints to insane levels of people being so offended that they go out of their way to doxx people and find any information on any level to reveal someone's real life information. I saw familiar names banned from this forum and when I browsed at the time if in fact they were real, and read up on their flip of the coin from the aftermath but quickly forgot about it.

Cue to now after this remembrance of the site's existence I decided to have a revisit and apparently Shmorky's ex-wife\gf\lover is posting about her time's with him\whatever pronoun is acceptable . If I remember correctly, linking to the site is bannable\probatible so I won't.

Edit: I regret exploring further as there's things that I can't unsee.

Edit 2: Now even mentioning the site and this I feel like I will be probated after exploring even further.

Rocket Baby Dolls has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Sep 23, 2016

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes when you start into the darkness the darkness... stares back!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

This thread kinda reminded me of something sensitive, I remember browsing it a few years ago and saw a lot of "I did something I shouldn't have and this shouldn't have gotten this response" complaints to insane levels of people being so offended that they go out of their way to doxx people and find any information on any level to reveal someone's real life information. I saw familiar names banned from this forum and when I browsed at the time if in fact they were real, and read up on their flip of the coin from the aftermath but quickly forgot about it.

Cue to now after this remembrance of the site's existence I decided to have a revisit and apparently Shmorky's ex-wife\gf\lover is posting about her time's with him\whatever pronoun is acceptable . If I remember correctly, linking to the site is bannable\probatible so I won't.

Edit: I regret exploring further as there's things that I can't unsee.

Edit 2: Now even mentioning the site and this I feel like I will be probated after exploring even further.

I think that thread was already linked in this thread earlier for anyone curious

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What thread was it where the poster gradually revealed that they, a lazy POS, who loved eating raw meat / sleeping in a cave / were actually, literally a bear?

That was "illustrate E/N threads" (can't remember the exact title).

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

Bruiser eventually got called out for straight up copying a scene from Independence Day for one of his stories, and he tried to backpedal with something about a creative writing class.

Which scene? Was it the one with the aliens? Because, yeah, that would be pretty obvious.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Mr. 47 posted:

Which scene? Was it the one with the aliens? Because, yeah, that would be pretty obvious.

It was the scene where the First Lady was dying and talking to President Lone Star on her deathbed.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

It was the scene where the First Lady was dying and talking to President Lone Star on her deathbed.

And then he said "Welcome to Earf" and punched her in the head, right? It's been awhile since I've seen that movie.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Jose posted:

yospos did a secret santa and someone sent a broken dreamcast full of meal worms lol

could someone please link me to this

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Something sensitive's takedown was pretty amusing. Turns out a bitter goon worked for Dreamhost and saw it his moral honor to abuse his position and wipe the site off their servers.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

WebDog posted:

Something sensitive's takedown was pretty amusing. Turns out a bitter goon worked for Dreamhost and saw it his moral honor to abuse his position and wipe the site off their servers.

Lol tell me he got fired for that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wyntyr posted:

Lol tell me he got fired for that.

Pretty sure he did. He even posted something about it, which made it obvious that it was an employee who had done it & so easy to fire him for doing a dumbass thing.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

WebDog posted:

Isn't that just like... Get the backups?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

End Of Worlds posted:

could someone please link me to this

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3575044&pagenumber=105&perpage=40#post423459089

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

I fondly remember gentle giant ZerglingMinor. He was 7 foot something, 300-400 lbs and worked as a desk clerk at a hotel. Some guy called in and was rather rude and demanding. ZM stood his ground and calmly stated hotel policy. Customer decided to pick a fight over the phone and said he was going to come in and kick ZM's rear end. Guy ended up walking in, saw exactly what he was dealing with, and was unfailingly polite to ZM. GBS ate it up, especially because ZM seemed like a really chill dude. Sadly he died a few years later I believe.

iirc he was actually super depressed because being that tall gave him a poo poo ton of health complications and made living kinda painful for him. poor guy offed himself after his only irl friend (who was also a goon) moved away :(