Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Mister Chief posted:

What happened to the French bloke?

Top 14 citing committee meetings are only scheduled twice a month and players cited are given a minimum of two weeks to organise their defense. His hearing will probably take place at the end of next week.

Plucky Brit posted:

The same is true of the Irish.

Paul O'Connell was completely innocent of kicking Dave Kearney in the head and the decision definitely had nothing to do with Munster having a Heineken Cup semifinal the next week.

The biggest joke of a ban in recent times imo was when Calum Clark got a 32 week ban for this but it was set to run through the offseason meaning he only actually missed 15 matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Mister Chief posted:

What happened to the French bloke?

Fourteen weeks

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

HappyCamperGL posted:

Glasgow have apparently signed some yank called Langilangi Haupeakui. Anyone who watched the PRO rugby know if he is any good?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/glasgow-warriors/glasgow-sign-human-locomotive-langilangi-haupeakui-1-4235641

I played against him when he was with the EPA Razorbacks. He was a standout in Division 1 amateur rugby.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

14 weeks for that... that is shockingly low for what he did.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Vagabundo posted:

I do feel that the performance of the majority of the black/coloured players in the side are warranted, and any suggestion that the majority of those selected this year are there on a quota can safely be put to bed. There's definitely the makings of a good to great team in there, but I wonder if Coetzee would be able to achieve that soon enough.

I honestly don't think Coetzee has a bloody clue on how to get the best out of the players, or come up with a coherent strategy for that matter. What would be best is for the boks to look for a coach from outside SA to bring an outsiders game to the Boks, instead of hiring the same old idiots over and over again.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Madkal posted:

I honestly don't think Coetzee has a bloody clue on how to get the best out of the players, or come up with a coherent strategy for that matter. What would be best is for the boks to look for a coach from outside SA to bring an outsiders game to the Boks, instead of hiring the same old idiots over and over again.

I guess that's the main thing - I'm not sure he actually knows what style of play he wants for his team at the moment, and a team that succeeded in one style of play is also being forced to adapt to another.

I genuinely wonder what someone like John Mitchell could make out of the Boks.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Made the mistake of watching the Ospreys game on a free night. They are bad. Tyma how do you do this each week?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
gently caress OFF RHYS WEBB

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

fallingdownjoe posted:

Made the mistake of watching the Ospreys game on a free night. They are bad. Tyma how do you do this each week?

I dunno, man. I don't think it's necessarily damaged me in any way.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I don't care what anyone says artificial pitches don't belong in rugby gently caress me this Glasgow surface is terrible in the rain.

Piutau just keeps embarrassing Lions though, he's made Hogg look silly several times tonight.

V V goondolences, it is nice to see Treviso win though

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 23, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I work in Newport now, I think that makes me a Dragons supporter.

Welp.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I don't care what anyone says artificial pitches don't belong in rugby gently caress me this Glasgow surface is terrible in the rain.

Piutau just keeps embarrassing Lions though, he's made Hogg look silly several times tonight.

V V goondolences, it is nice to see Treviso win though

Still an improvement on the last pitch Glasgow had. Intense game but constant knock ons slowed it down a lot.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
The referee loved going to the TMO, was a close game between two good teams and Glasgow did really well to stay within 5 points. Ulster are in the position we always seem to be in, good enough for the top 4 but if we can't beat Leinster then what's the loving point?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Unimpressed posted:

In further proof of the utter stupidity of the new SR format, the 2017 fixtures came out, and the Tahs are only playing the Reds and Brumbies once, in Brisbane and Sydney respectively. The two biggest rivalries in Aussie Rugby are only given one game, which means both the Tahs and the Brumbies lost their biggest gate... Meanwhile the SA teams get to dick around with themselves, Japan and the Argies only to find out in crunch time how badly they compare to the Kiwis. At least we know for sure after Rd 2 that there is no hope :)

The Horsies are going to suck next year. Like, real bad. The Raiders might actually match gate attendances at one or two games.

Vagabundo posted:

A) Australia being at a particularly low ebb, where the team is/has gone through their customary implosions and I wouldn't be surprised if they leave the SA/Arg legs of their Rugby Champs campaign empty-handed.

Australia is going to ebb and flow for a bit, but the overall trend is going to be down.

Basically, youth participation levels are kinda poo poo (League gets roughly double the numbers, AFL gets somewhere between triple and quadruple), the AFL and NRL have a total stranglehold on Winter Sports (although if Channel 10 would actually broadcast the Super Rugby and NRC that would help), the Socceroos are surpassing the Wallabies for the title of "Australia's non-Cricket National Team" (mostly because they - and this is very important - win) and finally Rugby's expansions have been kinda meh (Rugby has next to no presence in Melbourne and is totally dwarfed by the AFL, and I imagine it's the same in Perth).

Incompetence over a decade ago has really sealed the fate (which is a shame because they're making the right decisions now), Rugby is going to remain an upper-class sport with limited out-of-demographic appeal here.

I'm assuming the Kiwis and Poms aren't willing to take one for the team and lose every game for the next decade.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 24, 2016

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Domestic rugby in Australia has improved with the introduction of the NRC, so players now have a proper stepping stone between Shute Shield/whatever and Super Rugby

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

I guess that's the main thing - I'm not sure he actually knows what style of play he wants for his team at the moment, and a team that succeeded in one style of play is also being forced to adapt to another.

I genuinely wonder what someone like John Mitchell could make out of the Boks.

I just hope they don't waste Jantjies's talent. He'll be amazing if they look after him.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
In Manhattan on my holidays. Are there any pubs likely to be showing the New Zealand game on Saturday?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Gambrinus posted:

In Manhattan on my holidays. Are there any pubs likely to be showing the New Zealand game on Saturday?

Check out The Australian on 38th between 5th and 6th. They may charge you a cover to get in but I've watched a number of tests there and it's always been a good vibe. They have a pretty good number of screens and a decent amount of seating.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

butros posted:

Check out The Australian on 38th between 5th and 6th. They may charge you a cover to get in but I've watched a number of tests there and it's always been a good vibe. They have a pretty good number of screens and a decent amount of seating.

Choice. I'll have a look at them later, thanks.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Alan Solomons has finally left Edinburgh and Duncan Hodge will be interim coach. While he sort of righted the ship in Edinburgh, he also bloated the squad with really quite poor journeymen and the attack in Edinburgh was shocking. The only saving grace from his period there was the scrum, which at full strength, is one of the best going.

Hopefully Edinburgh can improve their attacking play and actually do something to attract supporters, the move from Murrayfield to Meyerside will really help develop an atmosphere instead of the tomb that an empty national stadium up.

Though knowing the SRU, they're gently caress it up somehow.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Schlesische posted:

I'm assuming the Poms aren't willing to take one for the team and lose every game for the next decade.

We can only hope

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

It's pretty embarrassing to be a Bristol fan at the moment :smith:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Wayne Barnes is a very bad referee.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Seriously, he is having an absolute shocker.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

It's the full Wayne Barnes Experience™ today.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

That lady in the crowd with silver-grey eyes that the camera-man keeps creeping on seems nice.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What the hell is going on with the Argie national anthem?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Vagabundo posted:

What the hell is going on with the Argie national anthem?

I have no idea :confused:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've not been tracking the progress of Argentinian rugby, how badly is this liable to go?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

goatface posted:

I've not been tracking the progress of Argentinian rugby, how badly is this liable to go?

Very competitive for 60 minutes then a few NZ tries stacking up at the end.

edit: Crotty/Leinert-Brown midfield looking great.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 1, 2016

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

goatface posted:

Blow-out from around 50~60 mins.

Argentina are competitive, but they've just conceded a second try.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Wow, just blew them away in 5 minutes.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Reminder that the All Blacks have won all their Rugby Championship tests this year with an average of around 30 points.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This is getting difficult to watch.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Just enjoy watching one of the great All Black teams do their thing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Smorgasbord posted:

Very competitive for 60 minutes then a few NZ tries stacking up at the end.

edit: Crotty/Leinert-Brown midfield looking great.

29-3 at half time does not seem very competitive to me.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The stacking up happened 30 minutes early today.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The cheeky cuff.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

What the hell are they even looking at there? Are they seriously carding that?

edit: just a penalty, but still...what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

What a load of poo poo.