Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Yeah, adding to the Edgar Wright adoration.

I get the Michael Cera hate but Scott Pilgrim really deserves love too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I watched Scott Pilgrim last week and despite some flaws, it's such a great movie where the visuals are used for comedic purposes.

If it's a repost IDGAF it's so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FOzD4Sfgag

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Been catching up on the Medieval Combat thread.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

PittTheElder posted:

Been catching up on the Medieval Combat thread.

Can only hope there's plenty of riot chat. Gotta link?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

MizPiz posted:

Can only hope there's plenty of riot chat. Gotta link?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3529788

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
http://i.imgur.com/y5b2YvQ.mp4

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

I really love this. What's the source?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
http://i.imgur.com/eEoTGXl.gifv

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Can someone please post the endless loop of the corgi nerving itself up to jump off the dock?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

this is newgrounds af

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

This is actually the correct way to hunt deer.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

Nickiepoo posted:

This is actually the correct way to hunt deer.

But not moose

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Oh, no. Never moose.

I'm no expert but wow @ the guy willing to shoot what seems like a tame animal at point blank range.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Nickiepoo posted:

Oh, no. Never moose.

I'm no expert but wow @ the guy willing to shoot what seems like a tame animal at point blank range.

With a loving bow. And not, like, a cool bow that takes strength to use, it's one of those overdesigned triple-reinforced "technically still a bow" things that is pretty much just a gun that is way less likely to either go where you point it or kill a large target, but at least it fires something way more capable of causing grievous non-fatal wounds in a panicked animal than a bullet.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!
Soiled Meat
No to get all tfr all up in here, but that thing should still require strength to use, right? I mean you're pulling on the exact stringamajig what sends the arrowy bit flying? So should take as many Newtons going in as out, no?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

No to get all tfr all up in here, but that thing should still require strength to use, right? I mean you're pulling on the exact stringamajig what sends the arrowy bit flying? So should take as many Newtons going in as out, no?

its incredibly hard to pull back, but easy to hold in place once you have it

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
A Trip to the Moon, free on Netflix in hand-drawn color!

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Karate Bastard posted:

Work = force * distance. The pulleys extend the distance of the draw, so you can either keep the work the same and require less force (strength), or keep the force the same and get a stronger bow.

Edit: also, the pulleys don't have to be purely circular, so you can change the required force along the whole length of the pull, which is how you get Alaois' effect of hard draw but easy hold.

dupersaurus has a new favorite as of 16:06 on Sep 22, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

This is pretty much how I go hunting in the Witcher. Only replace 'punching' with 'setting things on fire with my mind'. And, occasionally, throwing beehives at them. Sometimes even throwing burning beehives at them.

Best way to explore the countryside is to find a deer or a rabbit and just chase them with fireballs until you stumble over something interesting which then tries to kill you.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Robert Denby posted:

Now I need to listen to the Smashing Pumpkins' "Tonight, Tonight."

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I can't stop laughing at the air humping.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Robert Denby posted:

DOOOOOOPE
It's such a weird movie. I love it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Soiled Meat

AFewBricksShy posted:

I can't stop laughing at the air humping.

Like air guitar for dogs.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Me at the club.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

MizPiz posted:

Me at the club.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/glbxHdk.gifv

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

All those colors make me happy in the eyes. They need to create glasses that make the world look like that all the time.

copen
Feb 2, 2003
do you have $6,000 dollars and only one eye? http://www.opticsplanet.com/ir-defense-ir-patrol-m250-thermal-monocular-60hz-640x480.html

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

The meese will get their revenge when the cars go driverless!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Moose really don't seem like something you'd hunt with a bow. We've had whole towns up here SHUT DOWN when one wanders in.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

this is sweet how the thermal ranges change immediately between before and after trigger pull

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

MizPiz posted:

Me at the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Soiled Meat

Uncle Wemus posted:

Moose really don't seem like something you'd hunt with a bow. We've had whole towns up here SHUT DOWN when one wanders in.

They'll come in to your yard to get all hosed up on fermented fruit. Then when they get spooked by a twig or maybe see a rival in your living room window (Reflection? Wife? Who knows?) they'll loving charge right through it and get lodged in your kitchenette, and positively Wreck All Of Your poo poo looking for the exit, because meese have the brains of horses on sober days.

So rake your drat lawn neighbor! <:mad:>