Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I kinda feel like after all the Hydra stuff AND all the Hive stuff, May would be the first to tell Coulson "Hey that box that drove everyone insane may have affected me and I'm seeing weird poo poo now". If they drag out her not telling anyone it's going to be really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm pretty far behind on this show, just a few episodes into season 3. Do they ever stop doing "character goes through traumatic experience, doesn't want to talk about it" plots?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I kinda feel like after all the Hydra stuff AND all the Hive stuff, May would be the first to tell Coulson "Hey that box that drove everyone insane may have affected me and I'm seeing weird poo poo now". If they drag out her not telling anyone it's going to be really stupid.

:agreed:

Bruceski posted:

We know who's playing him, not who he is in-universe. Just "some character with a Marvel history".

Oh I see thanks

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

sticklefifer posted:

She may have thought it affected him and didn't want to give it away.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm pretty far behind on this show, just a few episodes into season 3. Do they ever stop doing "character goes through traumatic experience, doesn't want to talk about it" plots?

No, but I think this show handles it a lot better than most other shows. Most shows would have people reunite and be happy by the end of the episode. This show tends to let things organically heal, and even then, sometimes (but not often) old wounds can come up again.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think if anything qualifies you for "Go ahead and be as sad as you want" is losing both your wife and daughter like that.

Do you know something the rest of us don't? :confused:

His daughter is still alive.

E:f, way beaten

Phi Fi Fo Fum
Dec 28, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

I was pretty bummed that RPG lady from last season wasn't on May's strike team :(

Wasn't she the woman giving the guy poo poo for tapping out in the training scene?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yeah, Piper's the short haired woman that took over the training session when May went to meet Phil. She looks to be May's second in command.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PunkBoy posted:

Yeah, Piper's the short haired woman that took over the training session when May went to meet Phil. She looks to be May's second in command.

aka first to die when head-ghost makes May do something

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

sticklefifer posted:

Nothing will ever trump the stupidity of the episode of Jessica Jones where she spends 2/3rds of the episode shouting "I need to be put in SuperMax!".

Then Killgrave turns up, and the episode is loving saved.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Oh it's been months and I didn't recognize her. I figured I would have remembered someone with her haircut. Good then.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Iirc she's on supergirl too in a very similar part.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still working through season 3. Hasn't this show done "we kissed, shouldn't we talk about it?" "no, we're not gonna talk about it" before?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Guy Goodbody posted:

Still working through season 3. Hasn't this show done "we kissed, shouldn't we talk about it?" "no, we're not gonna talk about it" before?

Nah, all they did then was talk.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

Mac and Luke Cage meeting would be pretty awesome.

What's your story?
Unbreakable skin, you?
Shotgun-Axe.

"Oh man I want that power :smith:"

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

she'll probably confide in Simmons who'll then try hiding the problem during her weekly lie detector test or somesuch.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

double nine posted:

she'll probably confide in Simmons who'll then try hiding the problem during her weekly lie detector test or somesuch.

First real test of the LMD is one in Simmons's guise, beating the test.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bruceski posted:

She may have thought it affected him and didn't want to give it away.

I hope it's this because I really loving hate it when shows have characters who should drat well know better ignore stuff like that.

"I'm a professional demon hunter and exorcist. Oh, I've started growing horns. Welp, won't tell anyone, I'll just start wearing this jaunty little hat."

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Grognan posted:

That's def gonna happen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was a little iffy on Ghost Rider but I was 100% sold when he started fighting with Quake and the head transformation happened. Really awesomely done and I'm jacked for this season.

Grognan posted:

That makes sense and sadly reinforces my fear that Simmons is the one who is gonna die and get LMD replaced.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

I was a little iffy on Ghost Rider but I was 100% sold when he started fighting with Quake and the head transformation happened. Really awesomely done and I'm jacked for this season.

That makes sense and sadly reinforces[ redacted ]

You better loving edit that out, go outside, turn around three times and spit.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Nothing will ever trump the stupidity of the episode of Jessica Jones where she spends 2/3rds of the episode shouting "I need to be put in SuperMax!".

Then Killgrave turns up, and the episode is loving saved.

Yes. The precinct scene from that episode is *so loving good* it redeems anything they had to do to set it up.

It's easily the most horrifying villain scene Marvel has ever pulled off.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Xealot posted:

Yes. The precinct scene from that episode is *so loving good* it redeems anything they had to do to set it up.

It's easily the most horrifying villain scene Marvel has ever pulled off.

Fitting, because Kilgrave is easily the most horrifying Marvel villain overall. That show was hard to watch sometimes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've only seen a few episodes of Jessica Jones. The paranoia/stress was resonating a bit too strongly with me.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Bruceski posted:

I've only seen a few episodes of Jessica Jones. The paranoia/stress was resonating a bit too strongly with me.

Same thing happened to me when I watched Season 2 of Daredevil. I had just been physically assaulted and my life threatened a couple weeks before and it was triggering some things with me when the Punisher was going through his PTSD scenes.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bruceski posted:

I couldn't marathon it like I could with Daredevil because of that. I'd also usually follow it up by looking at a comic panel of Luke Cage headbutting Kilgrave so hard that he caved his face in.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

As much as I loved Jessica Jones, I really doubt I will be able to watch it more than once. Yeah, there were a couple pretty obvious flaws, but they weren't big enough to keep me from really enjoying it. I just don't want to feel the way that show made me feel. There were so many truly horrific images and situations, and I found them emotionally exhausting. But that's also why I love the show; it achieved exactly what it set out to do.

Anyways, season 4 is starting off well. I too was slightly worried about ghost rider, but nah. A season of Coulson and Mac: Buddy Cops would be enough to keep me around, but Fitz and Radcliffe:
Ethically Dubious Super Scientists and May and Simmons: Frenemies all have a lot of potential.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What security level color do you think the director is?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Cosmic.

sticklefifer posted:

I'm sure she'll hide just as well as Daisy did with her super powers.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those Watch_Dog masks are really silly

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mraagvpeine posted:

Ultraviolet obviously

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Azhais posted:

Ultraviolet obviously
Oh no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVm965-lHH8

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mraagvpeine posted:

White, as white encompasses all colors in the spectrum.

Obviously.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Obviously.

So he really is white Nick Fury!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gorilla Salad posted:

"I'm a professional demon hunter and exorcist. Oh, I've started growing horns. Welp, won't tell anyone, I'll just start wearing this jaunty little hat."

Man, you don't need a loving excuse to wear a jaunty little hat. :tipshat:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Obviously.

But that's in additive colour mixing, while "orange encompasses red and yellow" is subtractive. Ruins the whole elegance of the system. Really he'd have to be black, or rainbow.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
That was a badass opening episode for the season! I'd argue this is better than anything we got in the third season. I had just finished the first volume of the All-New Ghost Rider graphic novel and caught all of the references - so cool!!

Opening the show with Daisy's rear end and the sick rocket launcher sequence straight out of the comics was the best. Cannot wait for the next episode! I hope they go more into Robbie's backstory more, I wonder if he'll be in the same situation as in the comics and be possessed by Eli (the serial killer ghost who has ties to his parents) or by the spirit of vengeance. I'm hoping for the former so there's room for Johnny a mass eventually!

Also, holy moly, Aida was pretty creepy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Strom Cuzewon posted:

But that's in additive colour mixing, while "orange encompasses red and yellow" is subtractive. Ruins the whole elegance of the system. Really he'd have to be black, or rainbow.

I guess we're gonna have to wait and see, then.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really appreciate that in the first episode of season 4 they immediately visually established that Daisy has gone rogue and is working on her own by slathering on the eye makeup with a trowel.

The audience can just look at all that eyeshadow and instinctively know, "ooh, she's not in a good place"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fitz insisting that they call the robot "she" when he clearly wants to gently caress it is the creepiest thing.

• Locked thread