Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Parrotine posted:

Holy gently caress, 269 exeggute candies?

Where do you live where they spawn so frequently, that is Promise Land territory

Northern Cali. I've also hatched a lot of eggs, so probably at least half the candies are from eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dr Tran posted:

Can't learn Dragon Breath (fast) anymore
Ah gently caress, this makes me feel much less lucky after I evolved mine with bite/dragon pulse :smith:

At least it wasn't outrageously high IVs and I live near the coast

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Man, the vibration motor on the Go+ is really strong. How is the battery life on this thing if I'm diligent in turning it off between sessions?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

TVs Ian posted:

Here's another teardown somebody did. The pics are brighter, though some seem washed out by the flash.

Also, it's definitely a multi-color LED.

Good. That makes things easier. We can pick then when the button fires. What do the colors mean for the plus?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A nearby level 6 gym has the following gym owners:

- Bokemongo32, level 25
- Bokemongo33, level 26
- Bokemonthaison, level 25
- Charmastergogo, level 31
- Bokechargo, level 27
- Thaison316, level 29

I'm half tempted to think this person is a botter that has 6 accounts.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Hazo posted:

Ah gently caress, this makes me feel much less lucky after I evolved mine with bite/dragon pulse :smith:
That's not bad, would make for a decent gym defender

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

seiferguy posted:

A nearby level 6 gym has the following gym owners:

- Bokemongo32, level 25
- Bokemongo33, level 26
- Bokemonthaison, level 25
- Charmastergogo, level 31
- Bokechargo, level 27
- Thaison316, level 29

I'm half tempted to think this person is a botter that has 6 accounts.

Either that or it's a family. My co-worker has her four kids hooked on the game and they take gyms together. i know she logs into their G+ accounts to catch/take gyms as well.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Nm

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Arkanomen posted:

Good. That makes things easier. We can pick then when the button fires. What do the colors mean for the plus?

Long green flash - Pokemon found
Yellow flashes - Uncaught Pokemon found
Long blue flash - Pokestop in range
blue flashes - waiting for connection
White flash - when catching/0 items from Pokestop error
Red flashes - Pokemon fled/generic error/got out of Pokestop range
Rainbow flashing sequence - caught Pokemon/got items from Pokestop

So normally it would just have to push the button if it sees green, yellow, or blue. But those will also show up as part of the rainbow. It wouldn't hurt it to hit the button during that as far as I know, though.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nephzinho posted:

Man, the vibration motor on the Go+ is really strong. How is the battery life on this thing if I'm diligent in turning it off between sessions?
I've had it less than a week (because it's been out less than a week) but had it on during work and all driving around and whatever I did out on the weekend and it's still kicking. If it's still kicking tomorrow that will make a week.

Also it's not really that the motor is strong so much as the Plus weighs like nothing so it can just thrash the thing around unimpeded

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Finally hatched this dude. Perfect IV and good move set!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

"Hatched"

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

Another dimension, new galaxy
I just hit level 20 and caught my first pokemon that had a CP above 1000. 64% though. :negative:

So how do eggs work past level 20? Are they supposed to hatch level 20 guys always now? I hatched what I thought were my level 20 eggs, in that they were the last ones on the egg page, but I keep getting level 17 or 18, I only got 1 egg that was level 20. So maybe I'm hatching eggs I got earlier by accident? I keep noticing it re-arranges my eggs whenever I put one in an incubator.

I got a 10k egg at level 18 and now I keep putting off hatching it since a level 20 egg is probably still going to be better.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!
Eggs are supposedly determined when you pick them up. This is supported by people hatching eggs with old movesets post-change, but it may just mean that a pool of pokemon is determined upon pickup, and can still be random upon hatching.

What this means for you is that you may find a range of level 10-20 pokemon until you start picking up eggs at level 20 and beyond. I think I remember the same thing happening with me, but you just have to cycle the old eggs out.

In other speculation, I notice I get the same sorts of pokemon out of eggs and I only play in one place for the most part, between 10-20 different stops. I got my first egg from a pokestop I usually ignore and it was a 10k, which turned out to be my first snorlax. I went back again but I got a 5k and have no way of knowing what it will be. I'm in the camp of biomes as far as egg prediction goes.

edit: I haven't noticed anything with a dust cost below 2500.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

gropemotron posted:

So how do eggs work past level 20? Are they supposed to hatch level 20 guys always now? I hatched what I thought were my level 20 eggs, in that they were the last ones on the egg page, but I keep getting level 17 or 18, I only got 1 egg that was level 20. So maybe I'm hatching eggs I got earlier by accident? I keep noticing it re-arranges my eggs whenever I put one in an incubator.

I got a 10k egg at level 18 and now I keep putting off hatching it since a level 20 egg is probably still going to be better.

It probably was just eggs from earlier levels. But from what I've read here, I think they can still be under 20 even if the stop gave you one while you were 20+. I think it's just that they can be up to 20 now.

edit: better info above, I guess.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Caught this filthy bastard at lunch today. The IVs suck, but it's a goddamn snorlax who cares?

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Does anyone know where to buy the drat PGP at normal price?

Also, is the idea of an arduino emulating a PGP just a hobby project that some people are doing or is it something I should consider as an option instead of a PGP?

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

7 away from a 142 Pokédex. Just need Charmeleon, Charizard, Primeape, Alakazam, Muk, Dragonair, and Dragonite. It's been a grind. Haven't seen a single Charmander in the wild, hatched 2, sitting on 24 candies. I think that will be the hardest to finish.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Boywunda posted:

7 away from a 142 Pokédex. Just need Charmeleon, Charizard, Primeape, Alakazam, Muk, Dragonair, and Dragonite. It's been a grind. Haven't seen a single Charmander in the wild, hatched 2, sitting on 24 candies. I think that will be the hardest to finish.

Start taking your Charmanders for a walk!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Only 300km to go! (297 if you transfer the worse one)

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Or if you plan on visiting Austin Tx anytime soon an afternoon at Auditorium Shores would get you plenty.

You folks were right about wigglytuff. Goddamn can it gently caress poo poo up. At only 1300cp it took out a 2500 dragonite!

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.

Dahbadu posted:

Basically, fight a Wigglytuff or Clefable with Dazzling Gleam.

Despite there being two million clefairy here a day, almost none of them have good IVs so nobody pumps them up. Also, we get about 2-3 snorlax and dragonite a day, so nobody is putting wigglytuff in gyms.

Most gyms look like this: snorlax, snorlax, dragonite, with sometimes an exeggutor thrown in for laughs.

They never last more than 30 minutes.

So the only way for me to test it is to train them up myself and put them in the gym, and before the gym is destroyed train against them both.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

You folks were right about wigglytuff. Goddamn can it gently caress poo poo up. At only 1300cp it took out a 2500 dragonite!

I couldn't believe it was wrecking so much harder than my clefable, when the clefable has higher attack, the same quick move, and like 200 higher cp. Wigglytuff are my favorite mon for training now, because it can wreck both snorlax and dragonite while having a tiny cp itself. Trains up a gym real quick.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Didn't get a chance to get pictures/measurements today, hopefully tomorrow!

Eikre
May 2, 2009

Afgad posted:

I couldn't believe it was wrecking so much harder than my clefable, when the clefable has higher attack, the same quick move, and like 200 higher cp. Wigglytuff are my favorite mon for training now, because it can wreck both snorlax and dragonite while having a tiny cp itself. Trains up a gym real quick.

When you say "higher attack" and "higher CP" you're kinda double-counting its virtues. Either way, that 25% attack bonus Wiggly gets from being a Normal type can't easily be beat.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Eikre posted:

When you say "higher attack" and "higher CP" you're kinda double-counting its virtues. Either way, that 25% attack bonus Wiggly gets from being a Normal type can't easily be beat.

I suppose I am since CP is mostly attack, but there is defense and stuff too.

What is this about a bonus from being a normal type? I thought normal didn't get STAB?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Meatwave posted:

Does anyone know where to buy the drat PGP at normal price?
Set an alert on nowinstock.net and wait :shrug:

Of course the resellers will probably gobble up the next batch too but it's about your only fighting chance unless you find some shop nobody's ever heard of that got em

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Word on the Silph Road is that the scaling bug may be fixed. This means you may be able to catch a bulbasaur with higher than 0 attack now.

There were enough confirmations in that thread that I thought I'd flag it for all of you.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Can somebody just hack my pokewalker to work with PGO already?

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Vegastar posted:

Caught this filthy bastard at lunch today. The IVs suck, but it's a goddamn snorlax who cares?

A Snorlax's sole purpose is to be the best deterrence against people considering fighting your gym. Any other Pokemon is like, I can take them down with the right types or using my strongest ones. But with Snorlax it's like "There is no viable fighting type Pokemon so this will be a guaranteed 60 second slugfest of boredom for one round."

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Shifty Pony posted:

Or if you plan on visiting Austin Tx anytime soon an afternoon at Auditorium Shores would get you plenty.

I remember the first time I saw that when pogo was new. I thought I had to be hallucinating or that there was some kind of error or something. There were eight charmanders there.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Boywunda posted:

I'm at 118 pokedex but I have 6 of your 7 missing mons. Only one of those I don't have is Muk. Always catches me off guard how different things are 'rare' in different areas.

Come to my house I have a Charmander nest like 200 yards away :v:

Pokedex attack stat bug means they are all bad IV tho.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Sep 23, 2016

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

AirRaid posted:

Pokedex attack stat bug means they are all bad IV tho.

This bug is fixed.

Nests still have their own IVs I think, though a few people were saying their local nests were yielding high IVs now too.

Nests also moved/migrated, if you guys didn't notice. My park no longer has pinsirs. It now has zubats again. Whoopee.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Oh I should go see if I can catch some half decent Charmanders again I guess. That spawn hasn't changed so I guess the frequent spawn points don't follow the same cycle as cluster nests?

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

AirRaid posted:

Oh I should go see if I can catch some half decent Charmanders again I guess. That spawn hasn't changed so I guess the frequent spawn points don't follow the same cycle as cluster nests?

Yeah, my pinsir are gone, but the seel that show up a few times a day are still showing up.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Afgad posted:

This bug is fixed.

Nests still have their own IVs I think, though a few people were saying their local nests were yielding high IVs now too.

Nests also moved/migrated, if you guys didn't notice. My park no longer has pinsirs. It now has zubats again. Whoopee.

Is this really much of a loss? Pinsir is pretty worthless in this game

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Parrotine posted:

Is this really much of a loss? Pinsir is pretty worthless in this game

I may have spoken too soon, they seemingly reappeared this evening. But it was definitely strange for them to not spawn all day.

You're right though, I think I'd take zubats over pinsirs.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
when are they putting some new poo poo in? I stopped playing for ~a week to run through White 2 and haven't been following the thread

Louisgod posted:

Either that or it's a family. My co-worker has her four kids hooked on the game and they take gyms together. i know she logs into their G+ accounts to catch/take gyms as well.

that's cheating, it's a violation of the TOS, and she's depriving others of the opportunity to take gyms and get gold just so she can hoard xp and coins for her family. how dare she.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

indigi posted:

when are they putting some new poo poo in? I stopped playing for ~a week to run through White 2 and haven't been following the thread

that's cheating, it's a violation of the TOS, and she's depriving others of the opportunity to take gyms and get gold just so she can hoard xp and coins for her family. how dare she.

No word yet on when they're adding new stuff. The Pokedex IV bug has (probably) been fixed but that's not exactly something new.

This is just an unsubstantiated guess but I'd be surprised if we didn't have at least an announcement of some substantial new content (like trading or a new gen of Pokemon) by the end of the year.

• Locked thread