Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Did they seriously just dismiss the (terrible) Black Lotus storyline with,"Oh she went back to Hong Kong"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

Best part of the show by far.

it was like Semp recapping Raw levels of don't give a gently caress except actually entertaining

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Huh. Filthy Tom on F4D being incredulous that contracts exist and you can't just peace out whenever you want. "What other jobs do people have where they're forced into these things?" Every other sport? Including wrestling?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
pro wrestling contracts would be completely legally untenable though if anyone ever actually challenged them

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Did they seriously just dismiss the (terrible) Black Lotus storyline with,"Oh she went back to Hong Kong"?

She'll be back. Remember, she's in the S3 trailer with other female ninjas. She's presumably off getting her homies together for vengeance purposes. "She went back to Hong Kong" is just the explanation for why she's not after Pentagon or Azteca right this second.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ahh okay, well that's kinda good news I guess v:shobon:v

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Never see them brought up much but the voices of wrestling website has a bunch of good podcasts, I mainly listen to the flagship one and the shakethemropes podcast. Though Joe Lanza can get really grating when he goes off on a rant. Like last week when he was yelling about why people don't like Mauro; guy was near tears about how he didn't give a gently caress if John Cena kid fans didn't understand Mauro's puro references HE DID! It was pretty funny, but somewhat cringey
http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/09/21/wwe-cruiserweights-clash-champions/

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

StarkRavingMad posted:

She'll be back. Remember, she's in the S3 trailer with other female ninjas. She's presumably off getting her homies together for vengeance purposes. "She went back to Hong Kong" is just the explanation for why she's not after Pentagon or Azteca right this second.

spoiler tag that poo poo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/bruceprichard/status/779041829962539013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

achillesforever6 posted:

Never see them brought up much but the voices of wrestling website has a bunch of good podcasts, I mainly listen to the flagship one and the shakethemropes podcast. Though Joe Lanza can get really grating when he goes off on a rant. Like last week when he was yelling about why people don't like Mauro; guy was near tears about how he didn't give a gently caress if John Cena kid fans didn't understand Mauro's puro references HE DID! It was pretty funny, but somewhat cringey
http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/09/21/wwe-cruiserweights-clash-champions/

I enjoy shake them ropes, but can't handle the flagship since Lanza really irritates me.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
the flagship VOW podcast has some of the better analysis out there but you gotta have a finger on fast forward for whenever they go on some non wrestling tangent or Joe goes on an obnoxious rant at nameless Twitter people

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
turn left dave

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/779371757203365888

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what a m***

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Imagine pretending you don't know exactly what he means.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine pretending you don't know exactly what he means.

he's downplayed the racism of the term in the context of wrestling in the past so i'm not sure what you're getting at?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

he's downplayed the racism of the term in the context of wrestling in the past so i'm not sure what you're getting at?

He never really said what people said he did and he's answering a gotcha question literally on Twitter.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lmao Dave

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
idk why you feel the need to defend this of all things

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dave is on record as really hating racism.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I always wait with baited breath whenever Dave brings up racism or the appearance of women wrestlers

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Spermgod posted:

the flagship VOW podcast has some of the better analysis out there but you gotta have a finger on fast forward for whenever they go on some non wrestling tangent or Joe goes on an obnoxious rant at nameless Twitter people

I found out the other day that Lanza's like 53 now, and that explains so much about him. Outside of that, VOW Flagship is a recommend from me, especially when they cover some of the smaller purl companies.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I always wait with baited breath whenever Dave brings up racism or the appearance of women wrestlers
Bryan compared the faces and bodies of two NXT women today and I almost died

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Dave Meltzer is a member of ISIS so is this really surprising

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My best Dave moment was when he couldn't understand how Jon Jones gets pulled over by cops more often than he does

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

St Evan Echoes posted:

Bryan compared the faces and bodies of two NXT women today and I almost peed straight up into the air.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Dave "Bill Watts wasn't racist" "the N-word wasn't racist" "I don't know why Jon Jones gets pulled over" Meltzer

NuclearPotato posted:

I found out the other day that Lanza's like 53 now, and that explains so much about him. Outside of that, VOW Flagship is a recommend from me, especially when they cover some of the smaller purl companies.

53? Jesus H Christ, i'm surprised but yeah it explains a lot

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I can't imagine Dave driving anything other than a Saab, possibly stockpiling old Saabs so he never has to change brand

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Pretty sure Joe is in his late 30s/early 40s?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Spermgod posted:

Yeah I always assumed he was a 30s cantankerous idiot rather than a 50s cantankerous idiot

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
That Dave tweet got deleted. Anyone have a screencap?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

He's said late 30's. Rich made a joke on twitter about Joe turning 53 which is where's that came from

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

AMReese posted:

That Dave tweet got deleted. Anyone have a screencap?

not for a bastard like you

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dave's struggles with how to use the English language is the most endearing thing about him being the most well-respected wrestling writer.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Great White Hope posted:

Dave's struggles with how to use the English language is the most endearing thing about him being the most well-respected wrestling writer.

really tells you a lot about the state of us soccer journalism in the 80s.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It's probably worse now if anything

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah i'd rather read Dave Meltzer than the shithead american soccer journalists we have these days

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I remember once on WOR Dave said that if he hadn't gone into sports writing he would have covered politics instead. Good Lord

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I remember once on WOR Dave said that if he hadn't gone into sports writing he would have covered politics instead. Good Lord

"So, uh, in the primaries after the debate, you have Trump up... 8. Cruz is dooown fiiiive. Jeb is- uh, where are my notes?"

*Sound of papers being shuffled*
*Email alert goes off*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

not for a bastard like you

• Locked thread