Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maxmandude
Apr 16, 2013

HGH posted:

I think you all need to be less obsessed with things that make you upset. It's not good for your health.

Don't even bother, the people here are beyond hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MisterAlex posted:

Is that something that can simply be copied/imported from a friend like a PS3 or PS4 save?

No, there's no way to move vita saves around unless the homebrew community got really sophisticated.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Midjack posted:

No, there's no way to move vita saves around unless the homebrew community got really sophisticated.

congrats. they got sophisticated. QCMA allows you to move your saves to anywhere you want on your computer to upload to your vita.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
When using a DS4 with the PStv, is there a way to dim the light bar like you can on the PS4, or turn it off even? I would like better battery life if possible.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

AkumaHokoru posted:

congrats. they got sophisticated. QCMA allows you to move your saves to anywhere you want on your computer to upload to your vita.

There's also a savegame manager that decrypts/encrypts savegames for :filez: and PSN games (not sure if it works on cartridges, not really that into the scene)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't believe it never occurred to me before but the Vita is actual a pretty viable way to watch Netflix since I don't have to hold it awkwardly to avoid covering the screen up like I do with my phone, which I can't even get through a 30 minute show on.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

FireMrshlBill posted:

When using a DS4 with the PStv, is there a way to dim the light bar like you can on the PS4, or turn it off even? I would like better battery life if possible.

I haven't seen that, but also haven't looked. I wouldn't expect it though, as other DS4 stuff like headphones don't work either.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

leper khan posted:

I haven't seen that, but also haven't looked. I wouldn't expect it though, as other DS4 stuff like headphones don't work either.

Ya, there is no option in the settings menu. I just wasn't sure if there was a trick by pairing to the PS4, turning it off and then pairing to the PStv. Not a big deal enough to open up the controller to unplug the light or whatever.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

What's the news on the cool new indie games coming to Vita?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

North American Flash Sale

Great Joe posted:

What's the news on the cool new indie games coming to Vita?

Well here's this thing called Oceanhorn.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Well I'm finally gonna take the plunge on the arland trilogy I guess.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Well I'm finally gonna take the plunge on the arland trilogy I guess.
Debating this, are they separate downloads? Also does the thread enjoy it much?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

THe real question is what are people's feelings on Peter Pan: Return to Neverland?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

minusX posted:

I'm pretty sure they're separate if only because requiring 8.8GB of space in order to download it would be incredibly dickish.

If you've never played an Atelier game then this is a good place to jump in. Totori and Meruru are both excellent games. Most of the thread seems to enjoy Rorona Plus but it never clicked for me. Rorona is more structured and gives you constant deadlines to keep you on track, Totori pretty much gives you free reign to do whatever, and Meruru strikes a balance between the two. The plot of the games aren't really the selling point so I say start with whichever sounds most appealing.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE any good? That's pretty much the only thing I see in the flash sale that looks interesting that I don't own already.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Stanos posted:

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE any good? That's pretty much the only thing I see in the flash sale that looks interesting that I don't own already.

no, I bought it during a sale and it's really boring.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

minusX posted:

i like it better than dusk.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

also for the flash sale make Absolutely Sure you do not purchase Corpse Party Blood Drive. The game is poo poo compacted into a Vita games console title.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

voltcatfish posted:

i like it better than dusk.

voltcatfish posted:

also for the flash sale make Absolutely Sure you do not purchase Corpse Party Blood Drive. The game is poo poo compacted into a Vita games console title.

thx x2

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Stanos posted:

Its a poor mans mh clone. just play monster hunter

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Stanos posted:

Do you like PSO? It's very PSO-ish.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Except bad. Especially if you play the caster. Boy it sure was a good idea giving any of the spells that actually do a decent bit of damage huge long startup times that you can very very easily get knocked out of because there's no super armour.

Assassin was kinda fun though.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah it's basically boring PSO. You can get Grandia & Gravity Rush stuff in it though which is fun

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

minusX posted:

Don't think anyone addressed the download bit. Just bought and can confirm, separate downloads for each game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.change.org/p/nis-america-release-criminal-girls-2-party-favors-uncensored-on-steam

There's a petition right now for releasing an uncensored Criminal Girls 2 on steam. (insert stale joke here) The big difference is that NISA employees are actually encouraging signatures. It's too late for the Vita version obviously, but I figure users of this thread would want to sign.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That's beyond the pale even for the Vita thread :nono:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i feel like if my j-titty translation staff started tweeting about an internet petition to try to force me, the j-titty millionaire, to do a certain release, i would have to administer team-building noogies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nisa staff are encouraging people to sign it because they can do a barely edited re-release and dumb redditors will buy it to 'make a statement' and they'll make money.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Dehry posted:

https://www.change.org/p/nis-america-release-criminal-girls-2-party-favors-uncensored-on-steam

There's a petition right now for releasing an uncensored Criminal Girls 2 on steam. (insert stale joke here) The big difference is that NISA employees are actually encouraging signatures. It's too late for the Vita version obviously, but I figure users of this thread would want to sign.

Oh :laffo: it's that one youtube channel

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

a better compromise: get steam to let people buy games that aren't in their region's native language, so the perv-auteurs can make money from the politically-INcorrect without doing any extra work

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

numerrik posted:

So you are saying I need to buy senran kagura bon appetit now?

It's part of the Flash Sale. For 5.99. How much is your dignity/bikinis worth to you?

I sold mine long ago

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I'm pretty sure a change dot org petition has never actually changed anything ever so good luck titty freedom fighters. Fight that censorship fight (against titty censorship but not anything else)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

localize idolmaster

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steam is now the premier titty game platform, sorry Vita

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Now that the lady titty is illegal it's time to rise up and bring in the bara titty.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

the vita only seemed dead before now

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The GIG posted:

I'm pretty sure a change dot org petition has never actually changed anything ever so good luck titty freedom fighters. Fight that censorship fight (against titty censorship but not anything else)

the show us marios dick petition did well i think

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
All this complaining made me discover 90s British nunchaku censorship and it's the most hilarious thing if only because of the mental image of roaming gangs of British nunchuck users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

HGH posted:

All this complaining made me discover 90s British nunchaku censorship and it's the most hilarious thing if only because of the mental image of roaming gangs of British nunchuck users.

Teenage Hero Mutant Turtles