Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SFV is being a free-for-all punching bag today, it's glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lmao, is Sirlin seriously getting in on this too

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

SF5 is actually Uplink 2

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Zoning em out with fireballswalls

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Flinger posted:

SF5 is actually Uplink 2
i wish

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Flinger posted:

SF5 is actually Uplink 2

You don't mix chocolate and poop together, even in a joke.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
SFV is terrible and everyone should stop playing.

This is worse than the fallout from Third Strike when that first came out...And it was TOO good.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

there should be a charity for all the people who hate playing sfv but have to because of peer pressure

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

cams posted:

there should be a charity for all the people who hate playing sfv but have to because of peer pressure

it's a shame this game broke before you could save your honor by finally fighting bebop after calling him bad and ducking his challenge. now you're forever a coward

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I think the only reason I continue to play SFV is because I only have a wireless connection and respect other fighters too much to go online with them.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zand posted:

it's a shame this game broke before you could save your honor by finally fighting bebop after calling him bad and ducking his challenge. now you're forever a coward
actually i'm in ps4 so it works fine

bebop is actually real good at fighting games and would probably beat me, he's just a garbage person so pass. are you also good at fighting games or just a garbage person?

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Another one is that it's a cultural icon riding upon the success of prior games. Even if the latest is a failure, it's like the legs are still sprinting even though the heart is dead.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Another one is that it's a cultural icon riding upon the success of prior games. Even if the latest is a failure, it's like the legs are still sprinting even though the heart is dead.

more of a cockroach, really.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im pretty sure if i had enough time and crayons i could make a better fg than capcom at this point

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

cams posted:

actually i'm in ps4 so it works fine

bebop is actually real good at fighting games and would probably beat me, he's just a garbage person so pass. are you also good at fighting games or just a garbage person?

I'm a garbage person, I can't play fgs nearly as good as I can talk poo poo. anyway you are the worst kind of fg player.

"everyone who disagrees with me is bad. but they could still beat me" - you

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zand posted:

I'm a garbage person, I can't play fgs nearly as good as I can talk poo poo. anyway you are the worst kind of fg player.

"everyone who disagrees with me is bad. but they could still beat me" - you

hahaha holy poo poo

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
A loving rootkit? Seriously?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Just gently caress or fight already

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Or fight gently caress

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pm videogames. he's cool he'd totally force people to play the bad game for us on a stream

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

cams just loving fight bebop already, the thread demands it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cloofish posted:

oh drat and i have so much respect for this thread and the people in it

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

cloofish posted:

whoever bitches out of this fight is getting blown up in the OP

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

The Gorp posted:

I think the only reason I continue to play SFV is because I only have a wireless connection and respect other fighters too much to go online with them.

Considered powerline adapters? They are a huge improvement over wireless.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

SFV is terrible and everyone should stop playing.

This is worse than the fallout from Third Strike when that first came out...And it was TOO good.

I still enjoy playing this dumb game occasionally. Maybe when something else comes out on pc that will change, until then it scratches the fg itch.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I'm moving at the end of the month, so I don't want to invest in anything at the moment.
Powerline adapters sound like a pretty rad thing though, do you have to install them behind a wall? How do they work?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
They are basically Ethernet outlets that you plug into an electric socket on your wall. They are super easy and can be really great or, in my case, randomly good or poo poo because I live in a really old house.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Agoat posted:

:eyepop:

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I would assume you need a router, and that the powerline adapter still communicates with that router wirelessly?
Or is it just a plug in router with wired connection only access?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is essentially the same as a big long Ethernet cable if that makes sense. You can probably ask someone in SHSC about it more since this isn't the thread for it, but it is usually way better than wireless.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
You have an ethernet cable going from your router to a powerline adapter plugged into the wall and elsewhere in the house you can put another adapter in an electrical socket and have an ethernet cable going from it to whatever device and it will connect.

There's a lot of "Ifs" though, mostly if you're in an old house with outdated wiring. They also make wireless ones but that kind of defeats the purpose of doing it to get away from wifi.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Agoat posted:

finally this thread is good again

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

You have an ethernet cable going from your router to a powerline adapter plugged into the wall and elsewhere in the house you can put another adapter in an electrical socket and have an ethernet cable going from it to whatever device and it will connect.

There's a lot of "Ifs" though, mostly if you're in an old house with outdated wiring. They also make wireless ones but that kind of defeats the purpose of doing it to get away from wifi.

Yup, you send the data signal over the circuit, but you need both ends to be on the same panel. Still, they're cheap enough that you can try it out easily enough.

Personally, I just wired up every apartment I lived in, never heard a complaint from the landlord (don't even think they noticed).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

I still enjoy playing this dumb game occasionally. Maybe when something else comes out on pc that will change, until then it scratches the fg itch.

Just find some friends and play SF4 or Xrd (or Melty), that's what I'm doing.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Urien feels terrible to play. Landing his combos is satisfying but the neutral is a slog.
With that my excitement is completely gone.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
stay dodgin' cams

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
dodge camsaro

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
that was hella forced

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
More like scrams imo

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Been perusing this thread, I mostly feel bad for people who are more invested in FGs than I am, this game being hot crap does not bode well for the scene. And cams you need to nut up or shut up already and fight the drat match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Supposedly, the rootkit thing has been fixed.

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/779484129012310016