Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
They actually are promoting jumping shots?

ahahaha ok laters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Demostrs posted:

excuse me, but let me tell you about a little game called starcraft: brood war, a game so popular as an esport that s. korea (the origin country of buns-sama) created a governing organization called kespa to enforce rules like banning match-fixers. also, you forgot about my other favorite esport, cribbage

yeah but its stupid

e: bw i mean, cribbage is dope

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Brood War remains the only good esport

Fighting games don't count, ignore the sellout TOs

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

its stupid because I don't like it, just like everything else

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I can't wait to read the tears on reddit

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Xenaero posted:

ahahaha ok laters

xen if you leave who will fill your role as the tsundere lizard of our lizardman group?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Eh its a start. Its beats the gently caress out of we're not even acknowledging people actually do this so nothing will ever change. Hopefully we can get to poo poo doesn't work mid air unless its a scout for fun sooner

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

So this fixes being able to air strafe off ledges right? Along with the "jumping trick" for accurate jumping one taps??

Wild

Seems like they took a break from majors to patch things up as best they could

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 24, 2016

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
if my patch things as best as they can you mean irreparably damage the game and its reputation you would be rite

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Smithereens posted:

i really liked your post because it uses one of my favourite posts but i edited it a little bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrbegpGYnws

edit: hey arf man i know u dont like me but youtube is my livelihood right now so i would really appreciate it if u would turn that dislike into a like subscribe and become a gaming gator today. thanks a lot god bless

Didnt even watch the video youre talking about you dumb homo lmao

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Xenaero posted:

ahahaha ok laters

If anything this is a nerf, plus it made it so they can actually balance jumping accuracy now.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
now that was a miserable experience.
game somehow queued me to a north american server, 180 ping all the way through.
counterpoint, these were some of the nicest people i've ever played with and they never got angry or raged at anything despite losing bad and me putting out like 5 kills the entire game, which goes to show Brazil truly was a mistake.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1yV0DT4idY

We'll probably have an asian team win a major tournament before NA

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

ArfJason posted:

Didnt even watch the video youre talking about you dumb homo lmao

holy moly! thats some comedy gold right there my lad keep up the good work

edit: im kinda upset you didnt watch it and say something to own me like: "your video is like haruki murakami's 1Q84 levels of powerful autism. boy do i hate you human being <youtube link proving im not owned>"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Holy poo poo Godsent look like NACS.

Bohemian Nights posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1yV0DT4idY

We'll probably have an asian team win a major tournament before NA

Those shots of BISU make me hard.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 24, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

godsent continues to fail, when will they show up??

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

godsent continues to fail, when will they show up??
Feel my pain, mcvey. :getin:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Argh after the latest round of windows 7 patches I'm getting random frame drops :(

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

GODSENT home

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
God sent the wrong team

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Photex posted:

GODSENT home

:byewhore:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

That's not much to be proud of:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I just had a game where we had to kick a guy three times because he kept going AFK (as in, he'd just stubbornly move forward until someone killed him) and he kept reconnecting two rounds later telling us about his lovely internet. How/why are people allowed to rejoin games if they get kicked?

We still won because the third kick finally stuck (or he gave up) and the bot was cooperative but that whole experience was still awkward.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Photex posted:

GODSENT home

Mouz looking superb, GODSENT needs time to gel still

...I keep telling myself :ohdear:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Katana Gomai posted:

I just had a game where we had to kick a guy three times because he kept going AFK (as in, he'd just stubbornly move forward until someone killed him) and he kept reconnecting two rounds later telling us about his lovely internet. How/why are people allowed to rejoin games if they get kicked?

I think if they disconnect while the vote is up it'll say the vote was successful even though it was actually cancelled, and then he's free to rejoin

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

Mouz looking superb, GODSENT needs time to gel still

...I keep telling myself :ohdear:

Their decision making is terrible. They had the bomb plant on B site on Overpass pistol. Post plant. They have a guy on short, one in site and one behind pillar. ALL of them eventually peeked heaven/ct and got picked off. FFS boys. If you're going to do that poo poo at least make sure you have a guy with a flash or with a smoke to delay them.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

fennesz posted:

Their decision making is terrible. They had the bomb plant on B site on Overpass pistol. Post plant. They have a guy on short, one in site and one behind pillar. ALL of them eventually peeked heaven/ct and got picked off. FFS boys. If you're going to do that poo poo at least make sure you have a guy with a flash or with a smoke to delay them.

No doubt. I think the weirdest mistake I keep seeing is Schneider trying to wallbang through solid objects. Is...is he aware he is no longer in 1.6?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Be kind to znajder, he's been bounced around enough CS:GO teams to make up a tournament:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

No doubt. I think the weirdest mistake I keep seeing is Schneider trying to wallbang through solid objects. Is...is he aware he is no longer in 1.6?

I noticed that a few times. Made me wonder if there were more spots to reliably wallbang...and then I remembered Mirage's loving bulletproof plaster walls :argh:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

symbolic posted:

Be kind to znajder, he's been bounced around enough CS:GO teams to make up a tournament:

I see a job history like that and I know to put that application in the goddamn garbage.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I'm getting increasingly sick of Mirage cause at my rank (MG1) nobody knows how to smoke anything.

A with 1 smoke is a gamble, mid with 1 smoke is suicide and B is just a mad dash through molotovs and SCARs :negative:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

If you solo queue at MG1 or below pick maps where you can do decent executes with just you throwing the utility and everyone else goes gun out. At MG2 I find most people do know basic smokes, at least around my area, but before that I had to avoid some maps at all costs.

Great choices:
cache - smoke CT on B, smoke highway on A, smoke middle yard to get out mid. Mid it's also very easy to explain to someone how to throw a second smoke so you have full coverage and can just run out. Flashes and mollies as applicable, depends where your opponents play. I always start the game by mollying NBK on A, it is by far the strongest and most annoying position and also the most effectively beaten by a molly. If no one plays there the whole game start mollying where they do. ALWAYS molly NBK on an anti-eco.
dust2 (if you want to risk shitter teammates) - "lurk" smoke out tuns on B (bank it off the left wall so it blooms blocking most of the site) + flash into it, smoke CT on mid + flash off wall near xbox, smoke bricks + molly into A site + high flash (or alternatively a pizza smoke, which removes most defensive lines from the guy site; then flash), flashes + gun out long doors, then smoke cross.

Good choices:
inferno - B site you want to smoke CT + molly one of the spots, A site you can do all sorts of poo poo just blocking vision with weird smokes. Mid you just smoke.
overpass - both sites you can easily remove half the angles to check with a decent smoke, and check the strongest sneaky angle with a molly. Taking map control is tricky in general though

Mediocre choices (mostly because people will adjust quickly and then you got nothing):
cobble - B needs multiple but you can do decent with one smoke + mollies on A since most people play heavy drop/B so all you really need is a smoke to cut off doors. Drop can be taken with single person utility and then you have a lot of options. But they will adjust very quick.
train - B site you can do a decent rush with one smoke and the smokes are so easy everyone at MG1 will be able to throw another one for you, but A site is a shitshow. You're not gonna score lots of rounds just taking the same site over and over.

Bad choices:
mirage - you need at least two or even three smokes both sites. Mid is just suicide if you don't have a coordinated take
nuke - wtf lol

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Sep 25, 2016

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Or you can add people who know what they're doing and queue up with them. Even a two person queue can do great takes of almost everything on all maps.

If you really want to de_mirage solo, all I can say is that you're a brave soul and you're gonna need this: https://youtu.be/FuejXtnbaxM

Re GODSENT: I think pronax is a highly overrated IGL and most of fnatic's success was simply because they were a stacked team that outskilled everyone. Their decision making was always a questionable 'big dick plays' style. GODSENT is failing because they aren't nearly as stacked without olof and with JW being bad.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 25, 2016

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

dex_sda posted:

dust2 (if you want to risk shitter teammates) - "lurk" smoke out tuns on B (bank it off the left wall so it blooms blocking most of the site)

its insane how much poo poo i get for doing this one, and its hard to bust out rapid fire portuguese to explain "it allows you to check one angle at a time"

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

ArfJason posted:

its insane how much poo poo i get for doing this one, and its hard to bust out rapid fire portuguese to explain "it allows you to check one angle at a time"

"kill ure self" can't be THAT much of a mouthful in portuguese, can it?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Id rather be somewhat helpful even if its gonna fall on deaf ears

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

dex_sda posted:

Re GODSENT: I think pronax is a highly overrated IGL and most of fnatic's success was simply because they were a stacked team that outskilled everyone. Their decision making was always a questionable 'big dick plays' style. GODSENT is failing because they aren't nearly as stacked without olof and with JW being bad.

Yeah, I think the median skill level of the average pro has gone up a huge amount thanks to all the young talent that entered the league, so the dumb plays they did just don't work anymore. Olof's smug "we don't have plans we just win" line he gave in interviews blew up in his face, finally.

NIP is the same way, Get_Right was looking super frustrated that his dumbass plays stopped working. I think they've since sharpened up their tactics, and are looking better since the start of summer.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dex_sda posted:

Meanwhile, Fnatic just beat NaVi 16-3.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

symbolic posted:

Meanwhile, Fnatic just beat NaVi 16-3.

Liquid didn't die for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted: