Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

TheIllestVillain posted:

they do know "white" Hispanic is a thing right

I'm pretty sure they've never met one. If they did it would probably blow their minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Why Ironman shouldn't tell Pepe or you how to vote(video)

quote:

To: libertarian27

6 posted on 9/24/2016, 6:14:06 AM by fieldmarshaldj (Je Suis Pepe)

quote:

quote:

To: Vaquero
I've seen this frog thing lately. It’s called Pepe? What is it?
I think it's some "gamer" meme that is found on Reddit and 4Chan.
Since Hillary's "Alt-Right" speech, Pepe has become mainstream, the Alt-Right has grown.

The Alt-Right has wacko supremacists and racists in its midst, just like the Progressives...but it's filled with people who have had enough of the PC culture and big Government...Hillary is an excellent recruiter.

11 posted on 9/24/2016, 6:25:48 AM by libertarian27 (FR Cookbooks - On Profile Page)

quote:

To: Alas Babylon!; libertarian27
I think there is a need for a junior FR. They can play with their memes (pronounced Mimi, right?) their frogs and other millennial truck.

14 posted on 9/24/2016, 6:47:18 AM by Vaquero ( Don't pick a fight with an old guy. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.)

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think he's disputing the "political correctness" and wishes he could call them Indians (which you can under certain circumstances but right wingers just get upset at PC!!!)

You give them too much credit. There are a few options he could mean. First, he could be claiming that another group was here first, thus, by his logic legitimatizing wiping us out and making us colonists as much as they are. Secondly, there is a belief among many (Ted Nugent is an exemplar of it) that modern native Americans aren't real natives because we don't wear headdresses, act like characters in westerns, and don't go along with their political and economic agendas. This is analogous to what Thomas King calls Dead Indians. He might also just be stating we have no right to be acknowledged as such.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

SocketWrench posted:

quote:

All of a sudden, we must allow burkas to be worn everywhere even
though you have no idea who is covered up under them.
No, we don't

I mean, we do, but it's not "all of a sudden," it's been the supreme law of the land since the nation's founding.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
Jissed this the first time but:

quote:

All of a sudden , Islam is taught in schools.

If he means "Going over that it exists for at least 20 years" then this is correct.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

CharlestheHammer posted:

Coaches and players don't have any influence on money, so that is unfair and very freep

Absolutely. Blaming coaches and players for the poo poo the team owners pull to get millions of tax dollars to build stadiums is complete bullshit.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

OptimusShr posted:

If he means "Going over that it exists for at least 20 years" then this is correct.

I went to a conservative Christian high school and we had a whole semester that was just learning about all the other world religions. Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hindu, Shinto, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Native American religions, plus a bunch more. We even took a field trip to a Buddhist temple and took part in meditation.

Freepers just like being ignorant and understand very little about Christianity, much less any other religious beliefs.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

Freepers are incapable of seeing anything negative about Trump at all, aren't they.

Personally I want to believe they're mentally sick, along with the Cruzers. I just can't bring myself to belief they willfully follow either of them blindly because it makes absolutely no sense. One of the Trumpers i work with stopped supporting him when he was shown and told what was going on with Trump's list of fuckups. The other is just a conspiracy nut that buys into the most absurd crap. Course he's also involved in a pyramid scheme that one day soon he'll be rich enough to quit work....one day...some day...soon...SOON.

Jesus, I think I aged 40 years reading those last two...

OptimusShr posted:

It's Freep. I can guarantee you what's meant is "Public schools are converting young, pure, white, soft, delicate, tempting, sexy, supple....er...ahem....christian boys to Muslims per Obummer's new rules he hasn't mentioned yet but has given advanced copies out to every school in the country. It's true because I read it in a :fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd e-mail thingie"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 24, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SocketWrench posted:

Personally I want to believe they're mentally sick, along with the Cruzers. I just can't bring myself to belief they willfully follow either of them blindly because it makes absolutely no sense. One of the Trumpers i work with stopped supporting him when he was shown and told what was going on with Trump's list of fuckups. The other is just a conspiracy nut that buys into the most absurd crap. Course he's also involved in a pyramid scheme that one day soon he'll be rich enough to quit work....one day...some day...soon...SOON.

Jesus, I think I aged 40 years reading those last two...

It's Freep. I can guarantee you what's meant is "Public schools are converting young, pure, white, soft, delicate, tempting, sexy, supple....er...ahem....christian boys to Muslims per Obummer's new rules he hasn't mentioned yet but has given advanced copies out to every school in the country. It's true because I read it in a :fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd e-mail thingie"

Personally, it seems like all their bile and desperation to return the nation to a period that never existed is just due to them being old and scared. Things are changing so much that the bubbles they hid in all their lives can't let them pretend that they are the sole representatives of "real America/Christians" enough to really convince themselves anymore and they can't take it. Nothing makes sense to them anymore, other people are getting a say, and their bodies are withering as death approaches. Instead of facing their fears, they lash out like this against everyone else and latch on to any fake strawman who promises to make the scary world go away so they can be safe.

I pity them almost as much as I hate them.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

You give them too much credit. There are a few options he could mean. First, he could be claiming that another group was here first, thus, by his logic legitimatizing wiping us out and making us colonists as much as they are. Secondly, there is a belief among many (Ted Nugent is an exemplar of it) that modern native Americans aren't real natives because we don't wear headdresses, act like characters in westerns, and don't go along with their political and economic agendas. This is analogous to what Thomas King calls Dead Indians. He might also just be stating we have no right to be acknowledged as such.

It could also mean that since Europeans have been here for a few centuries, that "native american" has lost its meaning since aren't we all native to america now?

As always, you can never go too deep into the abyss when trying to decode Freep.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

quote:

To: Lurkinanloomin

As a high school educator, as well as a college instructor, I intentionally mispronounce names, especially if they are way to silly, and you know the ones. They get all pd off, and then I ask them to pronounce my ultra nordic last name, end of argument, but a lot of ha ha ha for me.

5 posted on 9/23/2016, 7:07:00 AM by krug

Jógvansson?
Helgesen?
Sjöberg?

Pricks like this fuckface make the high school experience shittier than it needs to be. gently caress that guy.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The worst part is some students just have to get used to it. I worked at a college library circulation desk last year and ran into some middle eastern kid who just had his night made by my being able to pronounce his name correctly the first time. I forget what it was, besides sounding Arabic and having an uvular fricative in the last name (the 'kh'/'ch' sound you find in Hebrew and Arabic). He just seemed so jazzed that someone finally got it right, asked me where I was from that I could actually pronounce it and all.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
lol freepers as educators the next generation is hosed

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Freepers are passive aggressive assholes IRL and take pride in it.

I wonder why their children disown them.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Mors Rattus posted:

The worst part is some students just have to get used to it. I worked at a college library circulation desk last year and ran into some middle eastern kid who just had his night made by my being able to pronounce his name correctly the first time. I forget what it was, besides sounding Arabic and having an uvular fricative in the last name (the 'kh'/'ch' sound you find in Hebrew and Arabic). He just seemed so jazzed that someone finally got it right, asked me where I was from that I could actually pronounce it and all.

I have an African middle and last name with a silent letter and learned to just give up on anyone pronouncing or spelling it right without practice so this conversation is familiar to me.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Geostomp posted:

I have an African middle and last name with a silent letter and learned to just give up on anyone pronouncing or spelling it right without practice so this conversation is familiar to me.

I have a Gaelic-looking last name, and amen. It sounds like a very normal last name, it's just spelled very weirdly.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Geostomp posted:

Indian first/last name here and I'm always surprised people get it on the first try. Though people are way better at guessing nowadays, so there's that.

Also gently caress that Freeper in particular for deliberately mispronouncing names. That's a bullying tactic that's been used against me and other immigrant kids I've known.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

As a high school educator, as well as a college instructor, I intentionally mispronounce names, especially if they are way to silly, and you know the ones. They get all pd off, and then I ask them to pronounce my ultra nordic last name, end of argument, but a lot of ha ha ha for me.

"As a molder of young minds I am intentionally a dick to them over something they have no control over and when they get mad because of it I tell them to try and pronounce some bullshit name I gave myself so I can feel like a self righteous fucker"

Mors Rattus posted:

Yeah, but that's kinda different. People honestly don't know how. Like when I was a kid people didn't know my name was spelled "ch" and either wrote C or K. This guy is intentionally doing it because it makes him feel big. Big difference between ignorance and dickheadedness

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 24, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Also gently caress that Freeper in particular for deliberately mispronouncing names. That's a bullying tactic that's been used against me and other immigrant kids I've known.

Incidentally this is exactly the point of the campaign. It'll be worth clicking through to the campaign site, it might make you feel a little better.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

"As a molder of young minds I am intentionally a dick to them over something they have no control over and when they get mad because of it I tell them to try and pronounce some bullshit name I gave myself so I can feel like a self righteous fucker"

Yeah, but that's kinda different. People honestly don't know how. Like when I was a kid people didn't know my name was spelled "ch" and either wrote C or K. This guy is intentionally doing it because it makes him feel big. Big difference between ignorance and dickheadedness

An educator deciding to stoop to third grade bullying tactics on his students for his ego is the sort of thing that the school board should really know about.

I do have to admit that it does show that Freep is following the ethos of their idol, the Orange One.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 24, 2016

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

quote:

Someone in the replies points out that it should be "too silly."

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Sorry for double post, but another krug quote:

quote:

As an educator, a teacher of physical science in high school, I always, always, say off the cuff statements such as; “the myth of global warming”, “the scientifically unproven manmade climate change”, etc. Or...whenever we have a very cold day I”ll state how this must be the result of climate change. I will not teach anything related to this unproven yet accepted as fact climate change liberalism, but through my sarcasm, I believe most of my students are being educated that global warming is a hoax.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

WrenP-Complete posted:

Sorry for double post, but another krug quote:

So his official lesson plan is "if global warming, why cold?"

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Geostomp posted:

I'm a pretty even keeled little bird but this makes me livid.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Huh, I wonder why I keep having to make these jokes at such weird times of year.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Geostomp posted:

This is pretty much the whole group's stance when it comes to climate change. "Well if global warming, why do we have cold days"

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Obama: once out of office, I’m gonna stop being polite and start getting real posted by freeper Salman

It's a really bad headline and even Vox should know better. Not a single word of it came out of his mouth. Here's the part of the actual Vanity Fair interview transcript.

the actual transcript posted:

OBAMA: [...] But, you know, when I leave I’ll be 55, and I’ll have an entirely new chapter of my life—the work I want to do with a presidential-center library, creating a platform for the next generation of young leaders across disciplines to work together … [and other] things that in some ways I suspect I’m able to do better out of this office.

GOODWIN: You mean, having had this office.

OBAMA: Having had this office has given me this incredible perch from which to see how the world works. The power of the office is unique and it is a humbling privilege. With that power, however, also comes a whole host of institutional constraints. There are things I cannot say. There are things that …

GOODWIN: You mean now, but you will later.

OBAMA: … that I cannot say, not out of any political concerns, but out of prudential concerns of the office. There are institutional obligations I have to carry out that are important for a president of the United States to carry out, but may not always align with what I think would move the ball down the field on the issues that I care most deeply about.

I wonder if the word "uppity" will appear on freep today.

quote:

To: bigbob

He will be leading CNNS trashing of Trump

Hell he may even lead the riots to come

8 posted on 9/24/2016, 2:54:11 PM by Hojczyk

quote:

To: Salman

” Obama: once out of office “ : needs to be fully prosecuted by the Trump Department of Justice . To the fullest extent of the law . For his many many lies , subversions and treasons . To the point of water-boarding the bastard , the truth needs to come out about ALL that he did .

He should have ZERO time to continue to rabble rouse , and should end up doing time in Gitmo . If he doesn’t end up at the end of a ....

9 posted on 9/24/2016, 2:54:36 PM by LeoWindhorse (America First !)

quote:

Zero will attempt to snatch territory from the other black crime family bosses. Farrakhan, Jackson, Sharpton, etc. will not look kindly upon this.

Here’s to hoping a turf war breaks out.

16 posted on 9/24/2016, 2:56:00 PM by Rebelbase (Bill and Hillary for ADX Supermax!)

I want to believe that campaign Obama is the real Obama. Is that what you mean?

quote:

Now he will start getting real.

We knew Obama was a phony all along but his hordes of brain-dead idolators didn’t believe us.

18 posted on 9/24/2016, 2:56:14 PM by Iron Munro (If Illegals voted Rebublican 50 Million Democrats Would Be Screaming "Build The Wall!")

quote:

He needs to get his dumb rear end to ferguson, MO.
He would be right at home. Him & his selfish wife.

22 posted on 9/24/2016, 2:57:40 PM by A Cyrenian (America is ashamed of the crooked clintons.)

quote:

He will be the leader of the UN watch and see. We need to go after his a## prosecute and jail him and his criminal gang

23 posted on 9/24/2016, 2:58:18 PM by ronnie raygun

quote:

Black Lives Matter will be his force. He is an agitator after all. This is why we need a President who isn’t beholden to the establishment, hence, Trump

27 posted on 9/24/2016, 3:01:02 PM by Yogafist

quote:

When was he ever polite? His manners are atrocious.

32 posted on 9/24/2016, 3:04:57 PM by jazminerose (oective)

Original formatting.

quote:

In a world with better justice than ours:

Obama: once out of office, I’m gonna stop being polite and start getting real hung for treason.

38 posted on 9/24/2016, 3:07:42 PM by tomkat (America OR Hitlary .. AND is not a logical option)

More original formatting.

quote:

Obama: once out of office, I’m gonna stop being polite and start getting real openly gay.

41 posted on 9/24/2016, 3:10:39 PM by Strac6 (Everything Depends On Defeating Hillary in November. Everything else is minor compared to that!)

quote:

Once he stops being “polite” and “starts getting real”, Americans will be ready to indict the commie bastard and throw him in prison for the crimes he committed during his reign of terror over America. I’d advise his goatsmelling rear end to move to Hawaii, keep his big mouth shut and spend the rest of his days playing golf with all of the other thieving rich commies.

42 posted on 9/24/2016, 3:10:47 PM by FlingWingFlyer (Proud to be a deplorable American. Go Trump!)

quote:

He’s a PUNK thug...he has NEVER been POLITE!!

49 posted on 9/24/2016, 3:15:24 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

What’s he going to do?

Hit somebody with his purse?

68 posted on 9/24/2016, 3:35:05 PM by blueunicorn6 ("A crack shot and a good dancer")

It should be noted that I excluded about a half dozen other variations on "he should be put on trial for treason and executed."

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

It should be noted that I excluded about a half dozen other variations on "he should be put on trial for treason and executed."

You just know if asked "What did he do that was treasonous?" They wou;dn't be able to name a drat thing.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

OptimusShr posted:

You just know if asked "What did he do that was treasonous?" They wou;dn't be able to name a drat thing.

They would say "not know his place" if they had the balls to be honest with themselves. Since they don't, Obama is the incarnation of all that is evil because he must be to justify everything they already think and feel.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

OptimusShr posted:

Oh no, they'd start ranting about Obamacare and Iran and all sorts of other things that they don't like.

Their dislike for him has so many layers to it, it's absurd. He's black but not even freep is stupid enough to actual embrace real, honest-to-goodness, blatant racism. The advent of the birther movement gave each and every one of those bigots an excuse to hate on him.

Now combine that with their attitude about patriotism. Look at their circlejerk over the flag and the national anthem. Jingoism is all that they know. Their own environment stifles dissent. Dissent isn't patriotic, it's treasonous. If you don't like something about America, you must therefore hate America.

Every single element of the treason narrative is inside their collective imaginations. It's a meme in the RWM nutjob ecosystem, but they don't have enough insight to realize it... and even if they could realize it, anyone telling them this is clearly going to be an America-hating liberal intellectual that should be thrown in Gitmo.

The isolation created by the RWM echo chamber is one of the worst things to ever happen to this country. The schism it's created in our ability to discuss opposing political ideas is going to take some serious work to overcome. Even then, that's only going to be possible once people take their heads out of their asses and look around at loving reality.

From Home schooling ripped by Obama education chief posted by freeper kevcol.

Let's not beat around the bush here. Nine times out of ten, parents homeschooling their children are doing them a significant disservice. Those parents are often motivated by religiously motivated right wing nutter beliefs and are pulling their children out of school to prevent them from being exposed to liberal ideas, like, oh, I dunno, all of modern teaching theory? These same groups are the ones pushing for ""school choice"" and budget-destroying charter schools, all in an attempt to replace their perceptions of "liberal indoctrination" with ones that they come up with. Their motivations are almost always purely political. (There are edge cases where some children have learning styles or problems that can't be served well by schools, and some schools are indeed horrible places where neither the teachers nor administration give a poo poo, but those are the extreme minority and "bad local schools" is a lovely, lovely excuse.)

Source: my sister is a teacher

Source 2: years of experience battling fundies

Source 3: freep

Original fomatting.

quote:

To: kevcol

...students who are homeschooled are not getting the kind of the breadth of instruction experience indoctrination they would get in school, they're also not getting the opportunity to build relationships with peers be beaten up by thugs...

2 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:26:05 AM by BenLurkin (The above is not a statement of fact. It is either satire or opinion. Or both.)

quote:

BUD THE #### OUT!!!!

OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!

you’re building a mighty pi##ed off army, you stupid SOBs.

In fact, you should be hoping TRUMP wins. The alternative down the road for you guys might be much worse.

4 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:27:00 AM by dp0622 (The only thing an upper crust conservative hates more than a liberal is a middle class conservative)

Oh, did I mention that the guy talking in the article is black?

quote:

Stay out of my life. Focus on absentee fathers in your own community.

5 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:27:04 AM by Blue Turtle

quote:

Anyone who tries to defend public education probably went to a public school.

8 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:29:30 AM by Spok ("What're you going to believe-me or your own eyes?" -Marx (Groucho))

I don't understand 90% of this post.

quote:

Is,it true that Obama’s first action as Pres was to shut down school choice for African Americans in DC?

Of course, after escaping gay trolling, aka antibullying in schools, the real fault is the superior ed experience ordinary parents give without NEA oversight.

“Khadaffy’d be alive if he’d given $10 million to Clinton”

Maybe homeschoolers could have a chance if they each gave $10 per year to the NEA

9 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:30:12 AM by CharlesOConnell (CharlesOConnell)

quote:

To: BenLurkin

“I worry that in a lot of cases students who are homeschooled are not getting the kind of the breadth of instruction experience they would get in school, they’re also not getting opportunities to be raped, bullied, beat up and made fun of.

11 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:31:47 AM by Portcall24

quote:

put them in a hat

obama
holder
jeh johnson
lynch
king

now pull out one that isnt a commie racist libtard
now pull out one that is competent and doing a good job
now pull out one that is not corrupt

how many remain in the hat...... 5

13 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:32:49 AM by zzwhale (no way)

How the gently caress many freepers were bullied in school?

quote:

To: BenLurkin

“Every American child should have the opportunity to have their face planted against a school locker while their lunch money is stolen.”

Love, Hillary

14 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:33:28 AM by cgbg (Warning: This post has not been fact-checked by the Democratic National Committee.)

quote:

My family are second generation homeschoolers. We’re doing just fine.

15 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:37:28 AM by kalee
The fact that you're posting on freep tells me otherwise.

quote:

How many of Obama’s cabinet members are black? Asking for a friend.

19 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:39:24 AM by ChocChipCookie ("Demons run when a good man goes to war.")

Oh, I get it now.

quote:

And parents who home school, god bless ‘em, will never know the joy of seeing $5,000 worth of orthodontic braces bent and mangled from their kid being attacked on school grounds by disadvantaged youths.

20 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:39:27 AM by sparklite2 (When they play the race card, play the Trump card.)

quote:

If Hillary gets in her administration will find some way to eliminate Home Schooling. They won’t be able to out-law it outright, but the Left has gotten far too good at using regulations and bureaucracies to further their aims.

Home schooled students aren’t immersed in Progressive pro-Islam propaganda for 12 years, they threaten the gravy train for the Democrat Party client teachers unions and they too often become productive non-Democrat voting citizens.

26 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:50:44 AM by Junk Silver

quote:

President Trump needs to swiftly abolish the Department of Education.

29 posted on 9/24/2016, 7:54:45 AM by fieldmarshaldj (Je Suis Pepe)

quote:

They don’t get exposure to the social environments other kids do....experiencing things like:

- How to be disrespectful to teachers
- Being exposed to all the swearing
- Being bullied where the school does nothing
- Getting high
- Getting drunk
- Teenage sex and getting STD’s
- Teenage pregnancy
- Teenage abortion
- Being indoctrinated by liberal teachers
- Lower educational standards

If schooled at home they might:

- Learn respect
- Perform well academically
- Be the next spelling bee champion
- Learn to be responsible
- Learn to work hard
- Think for themselves
- Believe in individual liberty
- Actually understand what free speech really means
- Be influenced by Christianity
- Have morals

Yep...how frightening!!! ...at least for bureaucrats that think they know better than everyone and think they’ve the right to control individual liberty.

35 posted on 9/24/2016, 8:09:09 AM by fuzzylogic (welfare state = sharing consequences of poor moral choices among everybody)

quote:

To: Spok

Parents who send their children to public school are prima facie committing child abuse. No exceptions.

47 posted on 9/24/2016, 9:02:13 AM by arthurus (Hillary's campaign is getting shaky)

quote:

To: metmom

The primary purpose of socialist government schooling is not to educate children.

It is to indoctrinate/socialize children into a humanistic pagan worldview, to depart them from the training of their parents, and to create a population of autonomous State servants whose values are in opposition to those of their families. Whatever label we use to describe the outcome, it is the opposite of Christian.

We are losing the culture war badly because public schools are so effective at what they do. How is it possible that Sodomite unions could become the law of the land less than a generation after many States passed Constitutional amendments banning them? Our institutions are at war with the People. We will lose the Republic because of it.

The Christian churches have, in a meaningful way, abandoned their membership to an overwhelmingly humanistic culture by refusing to promote an exodus from the pagan academies.

48 posted on 9/24/2016, 9:38:21 AM by SecAmndmt (Arm yourselves!)

I keep expecting one of these rants to be from savagesusie...

quote:

To: SecAmndmt

1) Children who attend godless schools **will** learn to think and reason godlessly. They must just to cooperate in the godless classroom.
2) Nearly every teacher in this nation was trained by godless Marxists in Marxist run colleges and universities. This is true for both private and government schools from Pre-K through university graduate school!

This is a serious, serious, serious, and URGENT threat to our freedom....Yet....Conservatives DO NOTHING! ( Except for the few who homeschool.)

When the tsunami of tyranny sweeps this nation, homeschoolers will not be spared.

50 posted on 9/24/2016, 9:46:00 AM by wintertime (Stop treating government teachers like they are reincarnated Mother Teresas!)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

quote:

Children who attend godless schools **will** learn to think and reason godlessly.

How do you reason, uh, "godfully"? I'm not trying to be an atheist dick but I thought that was the point, you don't reason your way into faith. I don't know why I'm saying this, the freepers can't hear me. They couldn't hear me even if I was talking to them. I...I just needed to say it?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

If you are homeschooled, isn't a spelling bee just against people in your homeschool group?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

woke wedding drone posted:

How do you reason, uh, "godfully"? I'm not trying to be an atheist dick but I thought that was the point, you don't reason your way into faith. I don't know why I'm saying this, the freepers can't hear me. They couldn't hear me even if I was talking to them. I...I just needed to say it?

You replace thought processes with Jeezus.

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009

WrenP-Complete posted:

If you are homeschooled, isn't a spelling bee just against people in your homeschool group?

Nah, they let them participate in their local schools usually.
It's weird like that.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

woke wedding drone posted:

How do you reason, uh, "godfully"? I'm not trying to be an atheist dick but I thought that was the point, you don't reason your way into faith.

It's not about reason, it's about "reason." They're talking about bog standard religious indoctrination. If your worldview mandates that there be a god, and that this god is the only source of knowledge and truth, this will act as a filter against ideas that will call those beliefs into doubt. Evolution can't be true because that's not how it's documented in the religious texts. Global warming can't be true because a loving, caring god would never allow his creation to be tainted. Abortion is always evil because it's killing a babby. The death penalty is A-OK because it's proscribed in the religious texts. I could go on and on and on.

Indoctrination of this type is toxic to independent reasoning. In that last post they went on and on about how those darned liberal schools were teaching a new set of obedient drones without understanding that imposing their own restrictive worldview on their own children and separating them from their peers ends up serving the same purpose that they're afraid of. They're not wrong about there being significant structural problems in schools, especially high schools, but their solution is insane. It's just more of the same short-sighted cultural isolation that you see all over the religious and right wing nutjob communities.

WrenP-Complete posted:

National and regional spelling bees don't seem to care much about educational background.

Oh also your name is so awesome.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Double post.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

As someone who was homeschooled for three years for non-religious reasons, I can tell you that, in my anecdotal experience, the majority of homeschooled children are at home for religious reasons. We once went to a local textbook fair with the local homeschool group to buy books for the upcoming school year and my mother and I ended up as pariahs because the American history text we bought wasn't the highly recommended book that explained how America was founded by God. We parted ways with the homeschool group not too long after that and a strong of other incidents.

Hello Meow posted:

Nah, they let them participate in their local schools usually.
It's weird like that.

Public schools let us join in on science fairs and what not. But it wasn't always pleasant. The public school parents used to complain that homeschool kids had an unfair advantage because we could spend all our days preparing our projects but their kids had other things to do. I suppose it could be true, but in my case, I also had other things to do.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

This is getting stale. It's like their default end of term response to everything democrat.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The only kid I know who's homeschooled for reasons other than "religious whackjob parents" is being home-schooled because his lungs are all hosed up and he kept getting infections that made him miss too much regular school. IIRC, his mother also had a lot of problems finding appropriate science/history materials due to fundie bullshit, like science books that taught Biblical creationism and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I was homeschooled for non religious reasons too (which was awful in itself) and I was always thankful that at least I wasn't one of those religious kids. My family was briefly involved in homeschooling circles, and even as a kid I knew there was something really wrong there.