Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
JOPPA KREE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Doc Block posted:

you can turn off the siri app recommendations and all that poo poo too

It takes just as long for pressing home to unlock when I accidentally swipe the screen out of muscle memory as it does to wait for that app widget to resolve and clicking my register button.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

there's a software update I'll install when I get home hopefully it'll make it less laggy.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

echinopsis posted:

lol at giving a poo poo

feelin good about this post

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

working as intended. in the apple world "sync" means "delete all my files"

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Cook'dPC

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shaggar posted:

Yeah i already told them and they just told me 'nuh uh' lol apple

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it's pretty funny how delicate all these media outlets have to be in any criticism of apple lest they are destroyed by a flood of hate from the masses

crepeface fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Sep 25, 2016

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

according to Germany's market research institute GfK, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus's launch weekend sales have not been great. By analyzing Apple's sales channels, GfK found that Apple's new iPhone sales were 25 percent lower year-over-year.

:rip:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
their sales are fine and will be fine once everyone gets over their dumb fear of losing the headphone jack

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

their sales are fine and will be fine once everyone gets over their dumb fear of losing the headphone jack

dumb fear of not being able to use the things they own with the thing they purchased

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

cowardly consumers can't kindle courage

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

literally nobody cares about headphone jacks because 95% of people use the ear buds included in the box and the other 5% can use the dongle also included in the box or their Bluetooth headset. this is only a story because the Apple press has nothing to write about.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Blue Train posted:

according to Germany's market research institute GfK, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus's launch weekend sales have not been great. By analyzing Apple's sales channels, GfK found that Apple's new iPhone sales were 25 percent lower year-over-year.

:rip:

iPhone sales are supply-constrained. they are literally selling phones as fast as they can make them. if sales are lower then either they can't ramp up production as fast as last year or they are allocating more of the output to different markets.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The Management posted:

iPhone sales are supply-constrained. they are literally selling phones as fast as they can make them. if sales are lower then either they can't ramp up production as fast as last year or they are allocating more of the output to different markets.

bullshit, any supply constraints are a result of intentional decisions to split the line into 112 different SKUs (28 size/color/storage combinations and four carriers). i can go into either of the nearby Apple stores and walk out with a 7 or 7 huge-edition and have been able to do so since launch day. they are only "sold out" of certain color/storage/carrier combinations and even there there is no size/storage/carrier combination you can't get - it is all because of the color split.

if Apple were to stop artificially allocating identical iphones to a particular carrier and stop insisting that Rose Gold is something that people want there would be no issue.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Management posted:

literally nobody cares about headphone jacks because 95% of people use the ear buds included in the box and the other 5% can use the dongle also included in the box or their Bluetooth headset. this is only a story because the Apple press has nothing to write about.

I personally know 4 different iphone 6 owners who would otherwise be upgrading this cycle but aren't because (a) the 6 is still legit decent but also (b) lol one buton port

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

You may have the iphone in any color, so long as it's rose gold

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

maniacdevnull posted:

You may have the iphone in any color, so long as it's rose gold

yup and it is pretty great marketing wise

those that aren't picky about their phone can get an iphone 7 today which reduces the risk of those people deciding to go get an android. meanwhile those who are so mentally committed to getting the new iphone to the point that they've already picked out a must-have color/storage combination aren't at much risk of not buying an iphone 7, and making them jump through hoops drives a narrative that the phone is in such demand that it is selling out which might cause more of the first group to decide to go check it out and get excited when it is in stock. guess which of those two groups tech journalists are.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Shaggar posted:

agreeing with shaggar

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the black and jet black models are the only ones anyone wants and sell out almost instantly

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

matte black loving owns btw

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

and stop insisting that Rose Gold is something that people want there would be no issue.

rose gold + red leather case is supposedly reaaaaaalllly popular among certain demographics

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

my basic rear end white girl friend has a rose gold 6+, she was talking about getting the matte black plus this time tho

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Shifty Pony posted:

those that aren't picky about their phone can get an iphone 7 today which reduces the risk of those people deciding to go get an android. meanwhile those who are so mentally committed to getting the new iphone to the point that they've already picked out a must-have color/storage combination aren't at much risk of not buying an iphone 7, and making them jump through hoops drives a narrative that the phone is in such demand that it is selling out which might cause more of the first group to decide to go check it out and get excited when it is in stock. guess which of those two groups tech journalists are.

-he shouted into the box at the Burger King drive thru

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Scott Forstall posted:

-he shouted into the box at the Burger King drive thru

he is in Austin so it would definitely be a whataburger drive thru.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

please. we have any number of local burger places which will soon expand to slightly too many locations causing Austin residents to suddenly deem them a chain and thus inferior to whatever new food truck which opened last week serving exactly the same yet somehow more "authentic" food.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Shifty Pony posted:

bullshit, any supply constraints are a result of intentional decisions to split the line into 112 different SKUs (28 size/color/storage combinations and four carriers). i can go into either of the nearby Apple stores and walk out with a 7 or 7 huge-edition and have been able to do so since launch day. they are only "sold out" of certain color/storage/carrier combinations and even there there is no size/storage/carrier combination you can't get - it is all because of the color split.

if Apple were to stop artificially allocating identical iphones to a particular carrier and stop insisting that Rose Gold is something that people want there would be no issue.

i went to the apple store in union square to see if an iphone fit in my hand yet and there was a line of tremendous dipshits stretching around the corner waiting to buy an iphone 7.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

amazing

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

none of the people reviewing the portrait mode have any people to take pictures of. imagine that.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol that diet mountain dew exists

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mishaq posted:

*furiously shaking skeleton* my nigga have you tried jim beam

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mishaq posted:

it's orange juice

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
my dad has a rose gold 6s+ because he dgaf

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Necc0 posted:

it's orange juice

Orange juice is actually good for you.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Dislike button posted:

*furiously shaking skeleton* my nigga have you tried jim beam

lol. thank you for reminding me

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Lacedaemonius posted:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

it's warning you to get away from the phone

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Lacedaemonius posted:

no it's not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

gee i was wondering how long it would take for the anti-fruit-juice nazis to show up :nallears:

grow up, fruit won't kill you

• Locked thread