Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Maddot_66 posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Maddot_66/characters

Looking for Goon advice on my league guy. Want to stick with EQ champion, but I'm having trouble getting the most out of it.

I normally run HoA and Hatred, but I'd like to avoid doing ele damage this time so I can run ele reflect maps. Open to suggestions on other curse/defense aura/other set ups.

To cover obvious things...
I need to replace hat, and rings, and gem set up on gloves is really a placeholder. haven't found anything good yet as I just started mapping
I need more life (obviously) been filling in trees as I get spare points

Any suggestions wold be awesome.
here's what works till tier15 or so:

get rid of the crit and accuracy for RT (for now), it's not gonna work with two handed maces (you can respec once you get a Hegemony's)
5L that marohi: EQ, Reduced Duration, Melee Phys, Conc Effect, Poison (that's right, Jebquake :colbert:)
Auras should be Blasphemy Vulnerability, Arctic Armor and Herald or Ash (or get a second Blasphemy Enfeeble with a doedre ring if you really hate HoA)
Frenzy Charges with Bloodrage because you regen enough (maybe in a CoDT) instead of Poachers Mark (afaik only Flickerstrike would even think about getting that curse)
Bad Nodes: Survival Secrets, Kraken Pause, Scion Wheel too early
Good Nodes Nodes: Butchery , Barbarism , Juggernaut, Devotion

You will probably have to get a DEX+INT amulett, and even more INT when you go the second Blasphemy route

Tree something like this (note you are close to the Scion Wheel and the Mace Marauder nodes)
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tr...u988B_yL_cy-Os=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Real Foogla posted:

Frenzy Charges with Bloodrage because you regen enough (maybe in a CoDT) instead of Poachers Mark (afaik only Flickerstrike would even think about getting that curse)

Poacher's Mark is great for CoC builds because it makes you so much more accurate (crits roll accuracy twice).

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It's also quite common to run poachers mark on CI builds, especially if you have skyforths (or BV with a second bv->pcoc setup). It's amazing for flask charges aswell as the reasons you mentioned.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

whypick1 posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

obviously he doesnt accept jewellers orbs as alternate currency

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

The Real Foogla posted:

here's what works till tier15 or so:

get rid of the crit and accuracy for RT (for now), it's not gonna work with two handed maces (you can respec once you get a Hegemony's)
5L that marohi: EQ, Reduced Duration, Melee Phys, Conc Effect, Poison (that's right, Jebquake :colbert:)
Auras should be Blasphemy Vulnerability, Arctic Armor and Herald or Ash (or get a second Blasphemy Enfeeble with a doedre ring if you really hate HoA)
Bad Nodes: Survival Secrets, Kraken Pause, Scion Wheel too early
Good Nodes Nodes: Butchery , Barbarism , Juggernaut, Devotion

You will probably have to get a DEX+INT amulett, and even more INT when you go the second Blasphemy route

Tree something like this (note you are close to the Scion Wheel and the Mace Marauder nodes)
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tr...u988B_yL_cy-Os=

- totally forgot that my jewels suck. Been looking for good stuff, but have had no luck yet.
-never considered running staves before, would that wheel next to devotion be a good thing to shoot for if I go that route?
- I see you grabbed Bloodless, is there a particular reason that would be important, or would it be a better idea to change pathing higher up to get a little extra DEX/INT and get the life elsewhere?
-Arctic armor only works when not moving? if I'm leaping from pack to pack, why wouldn't I just run determination?
-what method of cramming another curse into this dude would be most efficient? Doedre's Damning? Something else?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Maddot_66 posted:

-what method of cramming another curse into this dude would be most efficient? Doedre's Damning? Something else?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Self-Flagellation

Edit
Well, poo poo.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 24, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

thats not what you think it is

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You can have one extra curse, as in, more curses on you, the player

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I finally bit the bullet to move into LL RF on my Vortex Guardian and it's pretty amazing. My gear cost 1-2 C each (apart from the 2-3 Essence of Horrors I used on the helm) and I'm at nearly 6K ES with lots of room to grow. I'm using a +fire gems sceptre for now which means that I didn't have to buy a level20 Purity of Fire either. I do have three Energy From Within jewels though, which probably cost more than the rest of the build put together.

Guardian really gives everything you'd want that isn't damage - can't be stunned, block chance, ES, armour (I'm at 5K/25K with/without flasks) and the "every 5 seconds, regen 30% of your health over 1 second" gives (on average) 6% life regen while idling so you can run RF when you can't quite sustain it normally and even solves the problem of not being able to regen ES with RF up. I don't carry a flask of dousing any more, only a Ruby.

My tree
My character (name: Don't Run With Blades)

My next few points will be picking up the Templar and Scion jewel sockets (and then the Scion AoE with Intuitive Leap) and my next big purchase will either be crafting a better Marble Amulet or saving for a Shav's (over the Solaris I'm currently using).

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 24, 2016

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
ok lightning strike is a garbage skill because LS stopping on every piece of weird geometry is just, it's the loving worst

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

ok lightning strike is a garbage skill because LS stopping on every piece of weird geometry is just, it's the loving worst

If you don't mind namelocking you could always do frost blades!

edit: I knew the problems with LS going in, at least, I've done it before.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

With elementalist life vortex, the only way to go forward I see is either kaom+realm ender, or kaom+30% more damage hat for vortex and phoenix shield to get righteous fire alongside it.

How is the realm ender woking out for your build ultima?

It's fine. I did Minotaur with some deaths and lost to Shaper on the second phase. A lot of it was me being bad but the damage doesn't feel great on those fights regardless. At least not compared to the stuff I've watched. Not sure where to go from here, because I don't think grinding any more on that character will get me any further and I have less currency sitting around than when I started the character (the whole point of playing something else was to get the funding to switch my Inquisitor to low life).

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think I'm gonna aim towards getting righteous fire+ the 30% hat build going with a kaom chest, I figure I can always resell the kaom if I want to reroll into a CI vortex guy.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I did it mom, double ghost essence mob that heals 600k dps damage instantly.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Vasudus posted:

If you don't mind namelocking you could always do frost blades!

edit: I knew the problems with LS going in, at least, I've done it before.

Spectral Throw would use the same tree as well

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Arrgthepirate/characters

Please kind goons, tell me what I need to replace in what order. I'm aware my quiver is bad but unless I spend 2 points in the passive tree for a str and int node I need it for the stats.

I was thinking about getting tri-res rings so that I can change my hat to Rat's Nest.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Id still replace your quiver and then lose 2 tree points. You can make sure to reclaim those points as you upgrade everything else and/or gain more levels and get stats on travel nodes.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So here's a request: I'm thinking of doing Mjolnir, anyone got a link to a decent guide for a Mjolner build? I was thinking Inquisitor, but I could do any Templar ascendancy. Only reason I'm asking here is that I was hoping someone had the experience to know which guide/guide author wasn't complete poop, as there's an awful lot of Mjolner builds available on the POE Forums.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Maddot_66 posted:

- totally forgot that my jewels suck. Been looking for good stuff, but have had no luck yet.
-never considered running staves before, would that wheel next to devotion be a good thing to shoot for if I go that route?
- I see you grabbed Bloodless, is there a particular reason that would be important, or would it be a better idea to change pathing higher up to get a little extra DEX/INT and get the life elsewhere?
-Arctic armor only works when not moving? if I'm leaping from pack to pack, why wouldn't I just run determination?

I grabbed Bloodless because that pathing allows fewer travel nodes while still connecting to life clusters (in my mind stats are always managable, especially now with Essences allowing you to force INT and DEX rolls on Two-Stone Rings)

Arctic Armor is for face tanking bosses, packs won't be a problem for a long time for you.

Doedre's Damning is the go-to, until you have the ex for a +1 Curse Amulett, yeah (or path to the Curse cluster in your late 90s)

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somehow at 1k life 3k es and 34/14/34/-60 my survivability is not bad. My chest is at 400 so that needs to change, but how do you get so much es? My boots are 150 and gloves will be soon. Im just gonna have about 5k. When u go CI does it convert life over to es?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
No, but you do get the '+% more es' nodes behind CI which are a multiplicative bonus to play with and discipline is a pretty hefty boost too.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Nope. You just go to one life point.

Re: Mjolnir, first decision is whether this is a Voll's Devotion build or not.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I'm considering running an ele bow build something like this. Probably using Split Arrow for clearing, either Frenzy or Ice Shot for single target? Really I'm just looking for an excuse to use Windripper and Drillneck, because they're so cheap now (and now so is Lightning Coil!). Anything majorly wrong with the tree? Am I stretching a bit too much for offense nodes? I get a lot of projectile damage, since it applies to everything, but it might be too much.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I feel like Revenge of the hunted is a mistake. You're effectively spending 9 points for 20% life, while leaving 2 5% nodes in duelist and another 12% for 4 nodes if you wish.

Minor things:
Coordination, 12% attack speed and 10 int. 1 node
Duelist Jewel + 10 str
Sniper, 30% projectile for 2 nodes.

I would not recommend relying on frenzy for single target, I tried recently and gave up on it. It's boring, and it requires much more precision in aiming - which will gently caress you over in movement intense situations. I now use it with GMP to apply curses and keep frenzy running using Barrage as my all purpose skill. Which brings up the question, if you're not using frenzy how are you getting frenzy charges? If you would use Blood Rage you may want to reconsider Vaal Pact.

Single target skills that I feel work right now: TS, Blast Rain, Barrage. Of those, Blast Rain does not take advantage of Drillneck.

My throwaway answer? Look at a Voltaxic build (like Mathil's) and adjust where needed.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I've got a friend running voltaxic barrage and he seems pretty happy/op with it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Pharnakes posted:

I've got a friend running voltaxic barrage and he seems pretty happy/op with it.

I know people aren't hot on trying out Volley Fire Barrage after the goddamn build of the week pushed the prices of the jewels up to 20-25c each, but I am 100% serious when I say that Barrage made me love this game. I kept petering out on TShot archers around level 70 in previous leagues, while Volley Fire x2 Barragers just obliterate everything, especially with either Drillneck + Piercing Shots or Deadeye's Ricochet node/Chain linked.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Would any kind goons be willing to run me through the Normal mode Ascendent Trial thingy? I'm leveling up an Aura whore and can't do squat solo. I can pay a Chaos or something. Essence Softcore

Alternatively, is there an average "rate" to pay someone? I can just spam in trade chat :p

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 25, 2016

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Sab669 posted:

Would any kind goons be willing to run me through the Normal mode Ascendent Trial thingy? I'm leveling up an Aura whore and can't do squat solo. I can pay a Chaos or something. Essence Softcore

Alternatively, is there an average "rate" to pay someone? I can just spam in trade chat :p

I can run you through if you like. I'm FirosSpectralThrow in game atm.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
So trip report on RF Ignite Vortex Elementalist. So far? Probably fastest clearing build I've played in this game, and I played shield charge last league (albeit after nerf). Here's the profile (MadQueenSymph): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/symph_nique/characters

We were quicksilvering our way through t9 rare maps at 77. Still playing around with the balance of regen/damage/life. High dps jewels for this spec is really easy to come by and since we clear so fast, EE is kind of pointless as laying down orb of storms is a clear speed loss. Going to see how the clear speed slows down in red maps, I'm heading towards EE and Shaper now. Haven't horror spammed a vortex helm yet, which is why links are on weird things.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Rurutia posted:

So trip report on RF Ignite Vortex Elementalist. So far? Probably fastest clearing build I've played in this game, and I played shield charge last league (albeit after nerf). Here's the profile (MadQueenSymph): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/symph_nique/characters

We were quicksilvering our way through t9 rare maps at 77. Still playing around with the balance of regen/damage/life. High dps jewels for this spec is really easy to come by and since we clear so fast, EE is kind of pointless as laying down orb of storms is a clear speed loss. Going to see how the clear speed slows down in red maps, I'm heading towards EE and Shaper now. Haven't horror spammed a vortex helm yet, which is why links are on weird things.

I only Orb of Storms blue mobs and upwards, my Vortex kills white mobs even with the +resist they get to the ignite. But then I have my curses on Orb of Storms too so I can squeeze more auras in.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

gonadic io posted:

I only Orb of Storms blue mobs and upwards, my Vortex kills white mobs even with the +resist they get to the ignite. But then I have my curses on Orb of Storms too so I can squeeze more auras in.

I don't find it necessary to cast more than one vortex for blue mobs even while carrying 3 man health. I play with a FT inquisitor though, so he takes care of the rares/bosses. But like I said, I expect it to slow down and I'm heading to EE right now for orb of storms.

I was doing CWDT-BV-COH before, but I killed so fast it never procced and I was essentially depending on 100% ruby flask uptime (which was actually pretty close) so it's on blasphemy now. I'll probably eventually link it to orb of storms if I'm regularly needing to cast more than one vortex.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Rurutia posted:

I don't find it necessary to cast more than one vortex for blue mobs even while carrying 3 man health. I play with a FT inquisitor though, so he takes care of the rares/bosses. But like I said, I expect it to slow down and I'm heading to EE right now for orb of storms.

I was doing CWDT-BV-COH before, but I killed so fast it never procced and I was essentially depending on 100% ruby flask uptime (which was actually pretty close) so it's on blasphemy now. I'll probably eventually link it to orb of storms if I'm regularly needing to cast more than one vortex.

For comparison, here's my LL Guardian version: DontRunWithBlades

I'd appreciate any tips if anybody has some.

One problem I've found is that my anti-stun relies on blocking, which makes spell block very important for me against certain enemies. Losing the Marble Amulet for a Stone of Lazhwar is going to hurt but sadly seems necessary. Still at least I can potentially get +1 curse on it, which isn't really possible on a Marble Amulet.

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 25, 2016

blackteapot
Jan 26, 2006

If anyone has catarina at 8, i'd really appreciate a craft for my bow (cannot roll attack mods)

ign: crenshawpete

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc_enrB2cyM

I kinda wanna try this.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

gonadic io posted:

For comparison, here's my LL Guardian version: DontRunWithBlades

I'd appreciate any tips if anybody has some.

One problem I've found is that my anti-stun relies on blocking, which makes spell block very important for me against certain enemies. Losing the Marble Amulet for a Stone of Lazhwar is going to hurt but sadly seems necessary. Still at least I can potentially get +1 curse on it, which isn't really possible on a Marble Amulet.

My elementalist LL version, still a respec in progress so don't pay too much attention to tree. Char IceIceHauki. It's been a longass time since I did LL, so struggling a bit with that aspect, I forget I'm not chaos immune, etc. Kinda curious to try RF, but this obviously isn't the tree for it. In any case, I haven't gone past T10 yet, but trash gets cleared at runspeed and bosses don't take much more. I just get super leery playing CI or LL without some sort of leech.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Thanks. This looks neat.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Roadmap for upcoming patches

DX11/64-bit client :circlefap:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Rurutia posted:

I'm pretty similar to your passive tree, can't recommend the 30% more damage hat enough, it's a huge boost, I'm right now working on getting passives to sustain RF better, I think I'll have to get a kaom ring and try that warlord's instead of elemental weakness.

I found I didn't really need a ignite chance gem, I had more then enough with the 6 seconds from conflux, most regular enemies get vaporized by the initial cast.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Mjolner Discharge made even my 1060 chug a couple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
For some weirdass reason my lovely laptop's AMD had no problems with fakener discharge but would chug with ice trap and earthquake.

No problems with mtx gorequake and less problems with ice flower trap. Might be the same thing with black hole vortex haha, I have 129 points just sitting there.

• Locked thread