Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

best cold-weather drink is pumpkin cider for sure. i'm making a bigass batch in the crockpot while we do chores, even though it's 90 goddamned degrees today.

recipe please

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

mysterious frankie posted:

I woke up this morning with blood all over my leg- like, allll over- and my wife's iCloud was accessed by a phone neither of us own. we can't explained either thing so my life is an xfile now.

your doppelganger is a real d-hole and stabbed you in the leg, and also stole your wife's secrets. sorry buddy.

also that's the guy that has been stealing all your other socks, so, when you see him, tell him that's super unchill.

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

hamjobs posted:

from a food safety standpoint i dunno about leaving it for like 4 hours, but basically a crockpot's only reason for existing is to cook stuff all day while you're not touching it, so it might be worth a shot. maybe an instant pot instead if you're worried about leaving it? i mean, we do some stuff in the pressure cooker like beans because i don't want to smell them all day and also beans are good af. tacos are good in a crockpot or an instant pot, too, and it's really loving hard to overcook taco proteins of most kinds in any kind of moist cooking environment.

i make a lot of sofke and svkonepke in the crock pot because it's good. and grape dumplings, hell yes.

I mean leaving it in there for 2 or 3 hours won't kill anyone, and since I'm lazy I'd wind up putting only half defrosted meat in half the time anyway. I've done it before and never had a problem back when I lived with people and could ask them to turn it on when they woke up.

Plus beef is safe to let come up to room temperature before you cook it (slow cooked pot roast mmmmmmm). But let's be real here, I'm not going to be making anything on work days anyway, all my cooking is on weekends and it gets thrown in the fridge for the week because I'm really lazy.

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My cousin made mulled wine in a slowcooker one day and it was incredible.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

recipe please

64 oz water
10 apples, halved or quartered (it's up to you bud)
1/2 c pumpkin puree (not pie filling, just pumpkin)
1/4 c brown sugar
cinnamon sticks to taste (use a bunch, like 4 or 5)
a whole nutmeg or a ground whole nutmeg, about a teaspoon
whole cloves to taste (a tablespoon is good here)
allspice to taste (a teaspoon is plenty)
black pepper to taste (use at least a couple of good grinds)
a dash of your favorite red pepper (cayenne is good but i like gochugaru here too)

mix all that up in your slow cooker, cook it on low, then mash the apples after 2-3 hours or whenever they're really loving soft. cook it on high heat for at least another hour or two, then cool it, strain it, and drink it hot or cold.

there are a bunch of blogs with a similar recipe out there too.

edit: i realize too late, now, that i should've put this in bo-peps recipe thread. :negative:

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

hamjobs posted:

64 oz water
10 apples, halved or quartered (it's up to you bud)
1/2 c pumpkin puree (not pie filling, just pumpkin)
1/4 c brown sugar
cinnamon sticks to taste (use a bunch, like 4 or 5)
a whole nutmeg or a ground whole nutmeg, about a teaspoon
whole cloves to taste (a tablespoon is good here)
allspice to taste (a teaspoon is plenty)
black pepper to taste (use at least a couple of good grinds)
a dash of your favorite red pepper (cayenne is good but i like gochugaru here too)

mix all that up in your slow cooker, cook it on low, then mash the apples after 2-3 hours or whenever they're really loving soft. cook it on high heat for at least another hour or two, then cool it, strain it, and drink it hot or cold.

there are a bunch of blogs with a similar recipe out there too.

im buying a slow cooker right now

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Renegret posted:

im buying a slow cooker right now

welcome to food without effort club, pal

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

hamjobs posted:

your doppelganger is a real d-hole and stabbed you in the leg, and also stole your wife's secrets. sorry buddy.

also that's the guy that has been stealing all your other socks, so, when you see him, tell him that's super unchill.

I wish my doppelgänger knew how to play guitar and would give me lessons instead, but you play the hand life deals you I guess.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

3D Megadoodoo

Salmiakki posted:

a salmiakki donut sounds interesting

'snot bad. I think I bought one from Siwa once.

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

hamjobs posted:

welcome to food without effort club, pal

okay it's ordered

I bought the same one my mom has so I know it's good

a 6 quart crock pot

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
it's going to sit in the box for a month before I make a pot roast

3D Megadoodoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

i mean it was a regular doughnut but it had a salmiakki glaze

social vegan

alnilam posted:

a hot toddy or a super thick chewy stout

ah, both of my stagenames

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

I got a bunch of stuff for making a dill pickle dip and I am going to make it tonight and post it in the food thread.

Salmiakki

Jerry Cotton posted:

Jerry Cotton posted:

i mean it was a regular doughnut but it had a salmiakki glaze

oh man, when was this? ive never seen that when ive been at siwa

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

cool recipe

thanks, that looks delicious! I think you can put it in the Fine Dining thread too, nobody will mind (add pix if you have them!), and maybe somebody will post a trip report there

ty nesamdoom!

3D Megadoodoo

Salmiakki posted:

oh man, when was this? ive never seen that when ive been at siwa

Oh, years ago. Might have been Sale though. All the shops near here are Sales or Siwas. I don't think they had them for a long time; probably didn't sell too well.

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My boss just sent me an e-mail (and cc'ed the entire department) thanking me for catching and dealing with a few e-mails that were missed earlier in the day.

...but I'm the one who missed them???

I take that to mean I should slack off and put off work for six hours more often.

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Now my boss is sitting and gabbing with a coworker while eating some cookies that said coworker brought in, even though gluten gives him bowel problems.

I know this, because he tells me every time he has poop problems. Even though I've never asked.

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm bored, and my phone's dead because I spent the whole morning playing games.

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Renegret posted:

My cousin made mulled wine in a slowcooker one day and it was incredible.

last time I made gluwein in the slow cooker I way overdid it on the cloves and it made everyone's lips and tongue numb. really made the apartment smell awesome though, like a pier one import.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

alnilam

Renegret posted:

I'm bored, and my phone's dead because I spent the whole morning playing games.

Hi Bored, I'm alnilam. Sorry to hear about your phone

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

Hi Bored, I'm alnilam. Sorry to hear about your phone

congratulations on your impending fatherhood, my friend, you're going to be one great dad with those jokes

penus penus penus

by piss__donald

Nooner posted:

back in GBS days I would point out how THE DOG HOUSE is noted forums cancer and permaprobated user Fetus Tree, but now in the chill spirit of the chill nice forums I will point out that it is infact NOT fetus tree, just an account that fetus tree bought for Doobie to post with but then gifted it to someone else, I merely enjoyed joshing him to try and get him banned even though I need it wasnt actually fetus tree.

Also R.I.P. in peace fetus tree, probably the greatest troll to ever live

Rip

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

deep dish peat moss

Nooner posted:

Also R.I.P. in peace fetus tree, probably the greatest troll to ever live

How soon BYOB forgets about its most influential hero and formatory troll.... MattDamon aka Jay

Scaly Haylie

Idiot cat update:

cda

by Hand Knit

Shakill OReal posted:

How soon BYOB forgets about its most influential hero and formatory troll.... MattDamon aka Jay

He just announced the end of the Cows are the Jury in the Silent Trial of Mankind Facebook page a couple of days ago and it made me sad. I guess I should just be happy it ever happened. Former BYOB superstar troll makes a FB page that gets almost 20K follows that only posts a single cryptic sentence for years on end. It makes perfect sense, actually, and we should all be so lucky.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fart Puzzle

compressed fart pieces

Hug in a Can posted:

nice pets! here you go

Those are rad you are rad thank you so much for being rad!

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Idiot cat update:

I believe you've stolen my cat. :colbert:

3D Megadoodoo

:siren::nms::nms::nms::siren:

Salmiakki

stop jelly animal abuse NOW!!

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Takane

by FactsAreUseless

:eyepop: it's so jiggly

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Somebody call PETA!

3D Megadoodoo

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Somebody call PETA!

PETA COME OVA HEAH!

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

:'(

in other news, i dropped my linear algebra course because i was pretty sure i was way too far behind to catch up
i've had a pretty rough start in college b/c of depression/ADHD but luckily i've been getting help with it and things are starting to look up in that department (just started adderall the other day and it's been a godsend), plus dropping the class has taken a lot of that stress off my shoulders

after bouncing from a state school to community college, i think i'm starting to get a bit more stability as far as academics goes, but my study habits are still p bad so i really need to work on those

W's don't matter a whole lot on your transcript as long as you don't have a bunch, right?

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
linear algebra is a loving BULLSHIT class

ohh look at at me I'm linear algebra lines are easy and straightforward (lol) and you learned algebra in 6th grade I'm going to be an easy class HAHAHAHA NOPE

Sorry I have nothing to add except for my disdain of linear algebra

FluffieDuckie

HighwireAct posted:

:'(

in other news, i dropped my linear algebra course because i was pretty sure i was way too far behind to catch up
i've had a pretty rough start in college b/c of depression/ADHD but luckily i've been getting help with it and things are starting to look up in that department (just started adderall the other day and it's been a godsend), plus dropping the class has taken a lot of that stress off my shoulders

after bouncing from a state school to community college, i think i'm starting to get a bit more stability as far as academics goes, but my study habits are still p bad so i really need to work on those

W's don't matter a whole lot on your transcript as long as you don't have a bunch, right?

i had a sketchy first 3 semesters but then i turned it around hard so when i was interviewing for jobs i used it as my "accomplishment you're most proud of " or "give me an example of a time when you were faced with something challenging" answer and talked it up as something to be proud of that i overcame the things keeping me from being successful. it must have worked because i got a sweet job out of it.

so just try to put all that behind you and start fresh and you'll be fine

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Takane

by FactsAreUseless
I'm taking linear algebra this semester and can confirm it sucks.

symbolic

Takane posted:

I'm taking linear algebra this semester and can confirm it sucks.
i'm taking probability and statistics this semester and can confirm college math sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Jerry Cotton posted:

PETA COME OVA HEAH!

haha