Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

The proposed(?) patch notes also nerf firebug splash, because it really needed that somehow?

I have to agree the class sounds spectacularly lazy. "How can we make a new class without really making anything new? I know..."

"We made this perk ability work as intended, so now we also have to nerf the perk." I don't think they see the contradiction in that statement. Of course, remember that stalkers were "intended" to be shotgunproof bullshit magnets and they just somehow failed to ever say so in 6 years of KF, so it means essentially nothing.

They nerfed Firebug damage. Hahahahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I sure am glad I played the hell of a lot out of the Firebug when it felt awesome to roll one.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I am increasingly discouraged by my lack of pattern recognition from "No guy, it's cool. We're done making things worse for the players, it's all uphill from here!"

Continuing my mental parralels between KF2 and Subnautica.

Good news, now there is a kickass exosuit with a sweet drill arm and everything!

So we had to implement EMP blasts on crabsquids. And Warpers, who can just plain teleport you outside of your vehicles between spawning in more predators. (Sorry about cutting the genetic transfusor though, oh well)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 24, 2016

az
Dec 2, 2005

And here I was looking forward to this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N2Lotk0V4U

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
that would take valuable developer resources away from Rising Storm or whatever that other game is they're making, so, of course, not allowed

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

rising storm was cool.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I was just thinking to myself how enjoyable it has been lately to play firebug and wondered when they would be nerfing it. I guess wonder no more.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'll be glad when this post-Dark Souls "stomp on my balls please" thing dies out.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Plan Z posted:

I'll be glad when this post-Dark Souls "stomp on my balls please" thing dies out.

yeah I'd really like someone at tripwire to just hang a giant "hey if its fun and not broken let's just leave it the gently caress alone" sign in every office and public space they have.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Welp, another thing to add to the pile of reasons why the game doesn't intrest me that much anymore. Firebug is my favorite class and ever since the resistances hosed it over I lost pretty much all interest. Was probably deluding myself hoping that they would unfuck the Firebug at least a little at somepoint, but no, lets rain a bit more on the fire parade.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Remember guys you're supposed to get wiped on wave 2 and have FUN.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Roobanguy posted:

rising storm was cool.

If I remember right, it also wasn't made by Tripwire. I'm pretty sure that was the only reason I gave it a shot after the shitshow that was Red Orchestra 2.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

rising storm was cool.

Played it recently, and I definitely agree. RO2 is one of the ultimate examples of trying to please everyone and pleasing nobody in the process.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

ClonedPickle posted:

It sounds like Tripwire went "how do we make a 10th perk without making any new assets?"

Not Electricity Class/10

We already have that class. Its called Medic. I've been using it and off handing weapons since the start.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Guys I know how to make FB better post-nerf:

Passive speed increase.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
If you have unobstructed space to backpedal, you can kite fleshpounds forever by jumping and using the recoil from the doublebarrel. This is very cool and good.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Do FPs aggro anymore if they see you for 15 seconds or whatever it was? I haven't been noticing it in my games lately. I'm playing on hard.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Colosmicon posted:

If you have unobstructed space to backpedal, you can kite fleshpounds forever by jumping and using the recoil from the doublebarrel. This is very cool and good.

Your report has been sent to Tripwire. Expect a nerf within a week. Thanks for helping us keep our game fun-free!

- The Tripwire staff

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Do FPs aggro anymore if they see you for 15 seconds or whatever it was? I haven't been noticing it in my games lately. I'm playing on hard.

Yes, they do. I don't know why you haven't noticed that, but maybe it's just because they're dying so fast because there's so many things that can handle Fleshpounds now.

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014
Reinstalled after the swat update. Game is pretty fun again after several months away. Swat feels good, cant wait for the shield and inevitable nerf. RIP firebug though.
That new dodge mechanic is pretty great, adds some variety to mowing down the usual conga line and on no less than five occasions in the last week has hans or a fp dodged outside of the level.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I've noticed that I'm still earning 2x XP on some servers... is that normal or a fortuitous bug?

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
I feel like the pubbies in this game are somehow less intelligent than pubs in other games.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Misandry Cannon posted:

I feel like the pubbies in this game are somehow less intelligent than pubs in other games.

Tell me what troubles you, my son.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/972040300477257952

The shield is finally confirmed! ...For berserker of all things, but it makes sense, at least.

Also the next zed variant is a Gorefast with double the blades.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That sounds pretty cool.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/972040300477257952

The shield is finally confirmed! ...For berserker of all things, but it makes sense, at least.

Also the next zed variant is a Gorefast with double the blades.

Oh drat this was hinted since the early days, loving finally.
...double the blades means double the lame-rear end blocking, right? :sigh:

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

Severed posted:

I've noticed that I'm still earning 2x XP on some servers... is that normal or a fortuitous bug?

It's because the server didn't get reset since the recent double xp weekend. If you can find such a server, nice >:]

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I have four classes at 25 and a few in-between 7 and 15. Have the devs mentioned any scaling to make leveling the rest of your dudes not take forever? Also I finally got a cool unlockable without a key. I love the samurai helmet

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I feel like nerfing Firebug damage, a class that really struggles with it late game was a poor decision? I don't know, I have never seen a Firebug do well in the later waves.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kikas posted:

Oh drat this was hinted since the early days, loving finally.
...double the blades means double the lame-rear end blocking, right? :sigh:

the blades will actually deflect the bullets back at you, causing damage

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

In suicidal and HoE they get 4 blades and spin around like a helicopter. Death. From. Above. :getin:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

And when you shoot the body it heals them instead

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Ostentatious posted:

I feel like nerfing Firebug damage, a class that really struggles with it late game was a poor decision? I don't know, I have never seen a Firebug do well in the later waves.

It was. Firebug is arguably the worst perk in the game.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Have the devs mentioned any scaling to make leveling the rest of your dudes not take forever?

lol

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
More companies should do like Marvel heroes where every max level whatever gives you an exp boost to the rest.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

More companies should do like Marvel heroes where every max level whatever gives you an exp boost to the rest.

That would probably give me the drive to finish leveling SWAT.

I don't get it, I played KF 1 for YEARS with max leveled perks.. KF 2 and I'm just, "Eh, this isn't really fun.".

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I think KF2 is a much more refined game than KF1. The weapons for Commando and SWAT in particular appeal to me.

Also, KF2 has a larger variety of buttrock to listen to, so I can pretend I'm in one of those action scenes from the bad Resident Evil movies.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skoll posted:

I don't get it, I played KF 1 for YEARS with max leveled perks.. KF 2 and I'm just, "Eh, this isn't really fun.".

Because in KF1 you always had a sort of forward progress, the jump from level 0 to 1 was actually significant and so and so forth, now I can resist 10% damage and bloats and sirens do even less to me, husks feel like someone's throwing water balloons at me whereas in KF2 the surges are so much weaker because the perks define you so much more, I mean in KF2 you need 5 levels before you can pick a perk which is retarded, the first perk should be auto unlocked and just reduce the level to 20.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

Because in KF1 you always had a sort of forward progress, the jump from level 0 to 1 was actually significant and so and so forth, now I can resist 10% damage and bloats and sirens do even less to me, husks feel like someone's throwing water balloons at me whereas in KF2 the surges are so much weaker because the perks define you so much more, I mean in KF2 you need 5 levels before you can pick a perk which is retarded, the first perk should be auto unlocked and just reduce the level to 20.

That's because there's 25 levels in KF2. Instead of 6. It also takes the same amount of time to go from level 0 to 5 in KF2 than it does to go from 0 to 1 in KF1. Maybe even less so. It's also less of a grind because the experience you get in KF2 is based off of just playing the class. Whereas in KF1 you had to do wonderful things such as kill exclusively stalkers to level up.

Also in KF1, when you were level 0, you borderline had no bonuses save for an extremely gimped version of your class's abilities and a middling discount on your weapons.

Also have some more customs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6U5Ct89wH0

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Oct 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Skoll posted:

I am going to throw a guess that the six years of getting older between KF1 and KF2 has reduced your toleration for grind in videogames, like it does for most people.

I am going to use this conversation to confess that I used SAM to gain levels in KF1 after a while, because levelling up in that game was a huge amount of bullshit even then.